- Over 8 plus years of experience in software testing process which includes preparing Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Cases, Test Scenarios Executing Tests based on business requirements and functional requirements and Defect Tracking for both Manual and Automated Testing.
- Proficient in Manual (White Box, Black Box) & Automation testing
- Ability to understand Functional and Software Requirements Specification documents.
- Involved in Complete Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) from Business Analysis to Development, Testing, Deployment and Documentation
- Testing of Client - Server and database projects on Windows and UNIX Operating Systems
- Strong Skills in creating QA testing environment using Integration, GUI, Functionality, Regression, Performance, System, Stress and Configuration Testing
- Experience in test management and defect tracking tools like Quality Center, Test Director, Clear Quest
- Experience working in Tax, Telecom and Health Care Domains
- Ability to test backend applications by writing SQL and PL/SQL statements
- Automated web application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Implemented Page Objects, Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid automation frameworks using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, JUnit.
- Well versed in analyzing Results, Bug Tracking & Reporting, Detailed status reporting
- Extensively worked on creating the XML's for DDS testing.
- Performed Black Box, Regression, Functional and Smoke testing of the IPTV over various scenarios and environments on different Set Up Boxes and Gateways.
- Created cucumber scripts, feature files & developed integration scripts.
- Hands on experience in Web services testing using SOAP UI and good knowledge on WSDL and REST services.
- Experience in Mobile testing on iPhone and Android.
- Experience in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center.
- Solid experience of AGILE Methodologies and Scrum processes
- Good experience in Front-End Development using Angular Js, Html and CSS
- Excellent knowledge of VB Script and Descriptive Programming for developing Test script and Functional libraries.
- Efficient in interacting with developers and other team members to ensure high quality software is delivered. Ability to work efficiently as Individual and in a Team.
- Committed, and Result Oriented with a quest and zeal to learn new technologies and undertake challenging tasks. Also hard working in nature to achieve that extra mile whenever required.
- Excellent ability to manage resources in mission critical, high-pressure projects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Testing Tools: Quick Test Professional 11.0, SOAP UI, WITBE and Selenium
Bug Reporting Tools: Quality Center, Bugzilla, and JIRA
Programming Languages: C, C++, Perl, Python, .NET Libraries, ASP.NET, C#/VB.NET, VB Script, WinForms, ADO.NET, Java, J2EE, JSP and AJAX .
Platforms: Windows 2003 Server/98/2000/NT/XP/Vista, IBM Mainframes AS/400 Sun Solaris 2.6/2.8, Red Hat Linux 3.0, IBM AIX 4.0 and MS-DOS
Database: Oracle 9i / 8.x, DB2, MS-SQL Server 2008/2005, PL/SQL, T-SQL skills, and MS Access
Web/Application Servers: IIS 4.0, Apache 2.0, BEA Web Logic 8.1/ 7.0
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP and UDP
Other Tools: TOAD 8.5, Crystal Reports, DOORS, IE 6.0/5.x, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visual Studio.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Sr. QA Engineer
- Extensively involved in all stages of testing life cycle, Test Driven Development methodologies, and Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) using agile methodologies.
- Created test plans as per the release in Quality Center tool .
- Certified different models of sensors for automating door, window glasses, detecting motion and smoke.
- Documented test cases for verifying the functionality of all the devices and executed them in QC.
- Developed and implemented automation testing REST APIs using Rest-Assured library and TestNG.
- Created test cases, scripts based on functional specification, prepared test data for testing.
- Developing Regression suit for various module using Selenium Web driver with core Java in Eclipse IDE.
- Used various available features of Selenium to develop efficient and error free Automated Test Scripts using Java in Eclipse IDE.
- Run Compatibility Testing (cross Windows/ Mac and Android/ iOS platforms, cross browsers, cross mobile devices - phones, tablets, iPads etc)
- Worked on Android, Windows Mobile platforms to qualify applications
- Working closely with the Developers in the review and modification of the product and its specifications using Agile-testing methodology.
- Working with an Agile, Scrum methodology to ensure delivery of high quality work with every Two weeks iteration.
- Responsible for collecting and analyzing the test metrics and then submitting the reports, which kept track of the status and progress of the testing effort.
- Participated in Production rollouts and provided end-to-end support and post-implementation support to the customers.
- Utilized Charles Proxy tool to manipulate JSON responses for testing/validating testing scenarios.
Sr. QA Engineer
- Set-up, executes, and trouble shoot set-top box functionality in alignment with expected test results and testing timeframes.
- Creating test data based on the test cases and executing the test cases.
- Provide clear and concise verbal communication and written documentation of identified test issues, defects, and test status.
- Involved in setting up various set top boxes to test the IPTV applications on different types of set top boxes.
- Involved in DVR, Video on Demand, Parental Controls, STB diagnostics and Video Quality testing.
- Involved in functional testing, Smoke Testing and User Acceptance Testing of IPTV.
- Create test plans and give test plan walkthroughs Logs, assigns and tracks defects Generate progress and traceability reports Chair defect meeting when required Responsible for keeping testing on deadline.
- Establishes and maintains excellent working relationships with partners in business, development and engineering teams, project managers, etc.
- Responsible for certifying different RG’s (C2000A, C2000T, PACE3801, and DDR2200) and Set-Top boxes (Motorola, Arris, Cisco and Pace).
- Understanding of different Wireless LAN standards 802.11a/b/g/d/h/i/e/n
- Work with a group of engineers conducting performance and functional testing of wireless Products in a controlled environment.
- Understanding of RF transmissions & antenna behavior.
- Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Ensuring that end-to-end client automation of Set-Top-Box (STBs) and Residential Gateways (RGs) designs are created approved and deployed.
- Good experience in the successful implementation of WITBE Automation Test Framework.
- Created own libraries and developed scenarios using Python.
- Knowledge of Broadband - ADSL2(+), VDSL2, IP, QoS.
- Created test scenarios for Witbe Robots to run tasks on set-top boxes, smartphone, tablets, connected TV and PC’s.
Environment:: Microsoft Media Room, Test Web, Wire Shark, Linux, RGs, DSLAM, STBs, WITBE, Python
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Tests New York State tax forms for multiple tax years. Consists of modifying field level values to get end results based off rules for validations set by customer requirements.
- Lead over New York State Notification processes for letter generation and incoming taxpayer responses.
- Utilized JIRA workflow process for tracking of defects and assignments.
- Works closely with the Business Analyst and developers for intermediate and immediate defect resolution based off customer needs.
- Directs others on problem resolution within business team environment.
- Executes the test case matrix for requirements validations.
- Ongoing execution of business processes to get customer output for verifications.
- Utilize input documents, tests pre-data capture, data capture and post data capture modules and configurations to ensure efficient and correct design. Perform software testing to ensure that the software product is not only defect free, but it also meets the requirements of the customer.
- Validate output of the overall system flow.
- Created, tracked and closed customer issues, and development bugs using Visual Studio 2010.
- Utilize and follow the following steps in the manual testing process: Planning and Control, Analysis and Design, Test Case/Scenario preparation and usage, Test Data Preparation, Execution of Test Cases, Record, Evaluate and report those results, Closure Activities
- Performed Unit testing, Integration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, and Regression testing using QTP.
- Work with development, testing, business analysts, configuration and operational teams to test workflow and data entry configuration.
- Work with project team throughout the stages of implementations to ensure projects are implemented on time and according to client specifications.
- Work closely with development and testing team staff during project to ensure that proper business rules are executed and maintained.
- Utilize industry standard quality assurance methodologies.
- Used Selenium IDE for Open source web testing
- Wrote and executed SQL statements to retrieve data from backend.
- Identifies design issues and report incidents/questions to project team for resolution.
- Aid in error analysis and suggest enhancements to configurations to eliminate known errors.
- Aid in checking output files for operational jobs using Visual Studio, XML, SQL and a proprietary application.
- Provide training and training materials for new QA team members.
- Provide documentation to Operations regarding changes, known issues and fixes to existing system issues.
- Provide support to five operational sites. Research their reported issues and create defect tickets or provide clarification
Confidential, Forest Hills, NY
- Performed system analysis and understand the deliverables within SDLC using agile methodology
- Documented Test plan and Test cases according to the business required document.
- Performed manual testing of the application to test the system for positive and negative scenarios.
- Created test scenarios, Test cases and Test data for critical functional areas of FOS functionality
- Participated in Smoke testing the functional use cases during production deployments.
- Conducted Grey box and Black Box testing to strategize new projects requirements for functional behavior and performance.
- Wrote SQL queries using TOAD to validate database records.
- Developed and executed SQL queries to verify the proper insertion, deletion and updates into the Oracle supporting tables and cubes.
- Identified and analyzed defects and communicate them clearly.
- Considered all Report Bugs for continuous process improvement and keep tracking on the SDLC critical path.
- Responsible for entire test automation process utilizing QTP (QuickTest Pro) and Perfecto Mobile for mobile apps
- Supported User acceptance testing on Flight operations system (FOS) Functionality.
- Created and follow up on defects using JIRA- defect tracking system .
- Hands on experience testing web services (XML request and responses) through SOAP UI tool to see if the proper response is being sent from the Backend systems and making WSDL calls.
- Tested with REST client/console to test GET, POST, DELETE methods for the REST services the application was exposing.
- Have worked and manipulated XMLs from XSDs as they are the means of communication between different applications.
- Run cross browser test and test business rules on the portal. Document test plan and test case and reported defect.
- Reporting defects and working with developers to get bugs/issues resolved.
- Participated in daily, weekly meetings and technical reviews.
- Prepared reports showing the testing efforts.
Environment: Java, JIRA, Oracle, HTML, Java Script, Unix, Web Services, SQL, SOAP UI, Quality Center, QTP, MS Office.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Involved in the analysis of business requirements, system specifications and wrote test plans, test cases for the sanity, GUI, functional, security, database and integration testing.
- Interacted with Business Manager, Development Manager and QA Manager to provide them update QA testing efforts on daily/weekly basis.
- Developed and revised manual system integration tests
- Participated in the creation and execution of automated test cases using Visual Studio 2010.
- Conducted peer reviews for high-level test scenarios, test plan and test cases.
- Executed system integration test and logged the deviation from the expected results.
- High Level Test Plans were written by incorporating User Profiles, Configurations, Environments, Risks, Test Scenarios, Schedules and Analysis and Presentation of Results
- Created Test Steps to do Functional and Data Driven Testing on the Web Services.
- Performed Web Services testing and Validated XML request/response data using SOAP UI.
- Monitored and planned test sets and test scripts using Quality Center.
- Participated and coordinated E2E (End to End Test) for identifying the critical scenarios of application and provide the testing assets and Input for join E2E effort.
- Tracked issues using Quality Center.
- Checked the data flow through the front end to backend and used SQL queries, to extract the data from the database.
- Regular interaction with developers to report various problems and issues.
- Organized and attended open defect meetings with developers and QA leads.
- Documented defects in Quality Centre and kept track of trailing history and test execution result analysis.
- Retested all the problem reports and system enhancements requests and documented.
- Participated in various meetings for discussed Enhancement and Modification Requests.
Environment: Microsoft Windows XP, Visual Studio, UNIX, Java, J2EE, AS 400, JDA, Oracle 10 G, Quality Center, QTP, SOAP UI.