Dedicated, skilled Software Test Engineer and Quality Assurance Specialist with 4 years of experience. Achieved an early foundation of success in leading complex functional and GUI testing on behalf of 3Leading clients. Demonstrated passion for contributing knowledge in all facets of product development life cycle testing and development of software test requirements. Dynamic communicator skilled at cultivating solid professional relationships and using diverse technologies to power the testing experience. Excels at using effective technology, and learning and putting those techniques into practice.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Software Quality Assurance Testing Design & Implementation QA Methodologies & Processes
- Manual Software Testing - Digital Video Recorder & Setup Box Automated Software Testing - Web
- Based Applications Test Plan Maintenance Test Cases Black Box & White Box Testing STLC SDLC Defect & Bug Tracking Team Collaboration
Test Environments: C++, AS2, Bugzilla, Testrack, Testopia, Confidential Quality Center, WindowsMS Office
Testing Methodologies: Smoke, Functional, Integration, Regression, GUI, Performance, System, User Acceptance Testing
Automation Tools: QTP, Selenium, Load Runner
- Successfully contributed to both Functional and GUI Testing of distinct key features of the Set Top Box on behalf of producer of the world’s first Smart Digital Video Recorder, Confidential Inc.
- Conducted in-depth evaluations of the business and functional requirements in order to effectively streamline testing activities.
- Produced consolidated daily status reports that provided the client with continual updates.
- Contributed expertise in Testrack and Testopia for performing test case executions.
- Used the defect logging tool Bugzilla for the identification and documentation of logging defects.
- Played an integral role in the Bug Verification and Bug Regression Process.
- Wrote test scenarios and test cases based on the functional requirement.
- Utilized Perl Scripts to load new software versions onto the DVR that were available each day.
- Frequently collaborates with developers and clients to review queries, observations, and clarifications associated with specific defects.
- Successfully contributed to Functional testing of an application rendered by Confidential Education to university professors to perform online Tests, create and maintain timeline based assignments like written assignment, video assignment, Group assignment etc. through QTP using Hybrid Framework.
- Involved in requirement analysis and identify the requirements feasible for automation.
- Development of automation scripts for functional testing and maintenance using industry standard testing Tool.
- Script Execution through Quick Test Pro.
- Used the defect logging tool Confidential Quality Center for the identification and documentation of logging defects. Tracked the defects until resolved.
- Extensively used SQL statements to query the Database for Data Validation and Data Integrity.
- Confidential Manager provides a single dashboard to view the health of your NetApp storage availability, capacity, and data protection relationships, delivering operational efficiency at scale across large storage environments.
- Worked in Selenium with java to automate the GUI test scenarios and existing regression test cases.
- Good exposure in debugging the scripts and providing the correct solutions with zero defects.
- Capable of understanding the risks quickly and taken corrective actions to avoid the consistent failures of scripts.
- Worked on browser qualification tests (IE8, IE9, IE10 and Chrome) and modified the scripts accordingly.
- Involved in writing scripts for new features added to the GUI with qualitative and quantitative manner.