- 6 plus years of experience in Quality Assurance and Software Testing.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Defect Management Life Cycle (DMLC).
- Understanding of Business process and the application complexity for client server and web based applications.
- Experience in different Testing Methodology like Waterfall and Agile (Scrum).
- Well versed with Agile Methodology stand ups, user stories, estimations and metrics.
- Experience in Test Management tools like HP Quality Center (QC11).
- Experience in Bug/Defect tracking tools like Quality Center.
- Experience of using testing tools like Quality Center, Microsoft Test Manager(MTM), Team Foundation Server
- Performed GUI and Functionality testing, using Quick Test Pro to ensure conformance to requirements
- Extensive experience in client server and web based application testing including Java API Testing manual and automated software testing techniques.
- Developing documenting and executing test cases manually and generating automated scripts using HP Quick Test Professional and Selenium
- Responsible for reporting Traceability Metrics on requirements.
- Experience in functional and non - functional (Availability, Usability, Reliability and Compatibility) Testing Types.
- Well versed working with Appium mobile testing tools
- Solid expertise in defining Test Automation Framework i.e. DataSource using Soap UI.
- Good expertise in peer reviews (Test Design and Defect Reporting)
- Experience in Manual and Automation testing (HP QC/ALM and QTP/UFT).
- Hands-on experience in using test management and defect tracking tools such as Jira, Bugzilla, HP Quality Center/ALM
- Experience in working with open source tools Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web Driver), JUnit, Eclipse and preparation of automation test framework
- Involved in regression testing using QTP.
- Experience gathering requirements with Business Analyst.
- Active role in requirements review, functional document review, Testing review and key resource for UAT phase and production roll-out.
- Experience in writing SQL Queries to retrieve data from database and verify the table.
- Good working knowledge across various domains Airlines, Retail and Banking industries.
- Exceptional ability to quickly master new concepts and capable of working in group as well independently.
- Quick learner and open to learn new Technologies.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with the ability to adapt to new environments.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional team building, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
Programming languages: Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, Vb Scripting, HTML, XML.
Operating systems: UNIX, Windows, Linux.
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center/ALM, Mercury Quality Center(QC),QTP, TOAD
Defect Tracking Tool: Quality Center, Version One, Bugzilla,, Jira
Methodology: Waterfall, Agile, RAD.
Microsoft Tools: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Involved in mapping requirements to testing scenarios to ensure that all requirements are covered.
- Actively participated in testing phase of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) of application.
- Involved in drafting the test plan that included testing objectives, testing phases, scenarios and test environment after a thorough analysis of the business rules.
- Involved in Test effort estimation, Metrics preparation and defect prevention.
- SQL Queries for backend testing and verifying the application with multiple browsers using the QTP tool.
- Created and maintained Test Scripts and Test Cases based on High Level Functional Requirements Document (FRD) utilizing Visual Studio Team System (VSTS) 2008, Team Foundation Server (TFS), for manual, automated(Functional & Regression), and performance/stress testing.
- Managed manual test passes/runs with Quality Center
- Prepared traceability matrix to ensure the adequate coverage of the test cases.
- Closely interacted with software developers in the build stage and users to understand functionality and navigational flow of the application. configured and customized Appium tool setting to execute mobile automation test scripts
- Implemented Wireless Handset automation framework, scripting & execution Sanity, Regression, Stress & Boundary test cases for mobile applications on Android, Apple, RIM, BREW & WinM platforms on various Blackberry, iPhones & iPads using Device Anywhere Automation Tool.
- Cross-browser (MSIE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) and cross-platform (Windows 7/XP/Mac OS X)
- Tested applications on Windows (XP, Vista, 7), MAC (Leopard, Snow leopard) and Linux system.
- Responsible for client side validations using VB Script.
- Handled order management system (OMS) such functions as order entry, sales analysis, inventory planning, and accounting, among others.
- Queried databases with SQL to obtain sample data for billing verification.
- Reviewed Business, Technical requirements, Test Plan to develop Test Cases.
- Strong Testing experience in frontend web development environment.
- Worked with Quality center tool to manage all project testing activities.
- Tested the Invoicing, Payments, Account receivable, Collection management, Credit management and General ledger management.
- Used TFS 2010(Team Foundation Server) for bug tracking, Work Item Tracking and published test results in TFS to share with the team members.
- Testing of OMS interface with EPC to fetch product data, offers while creating an order
- Performed back end/Database testing by writing SQL Queries.
- Prepared test plans using QC for each release, written test cases and executed them as part of functional testing. Prepared test reports and deliverables and submitted for version releases.
- Created Test scripts and UAT test cases and coordinated with the UAT Team and Project manager and performed User Acceptance Testing with the Users.
- Actively participated in enhancement meetings focused at making the application more reliable.
Environment: s: VB Script, HP Quality Center, UFT/QuickTest Pro Windows XP, UNIX, Excel, Rally, Oracle, OMS, Visual Studio Team System 2008(VSTS), Vbscript, Team Foundation Server
Confidential, Irvine, CA
- Worked closely with Development team to discuss the design and testing aspects of the applications to design the Test plans.
- Performed manual testing before converting them into automated scripts.
- Developed automated Test Scripts and Test Cases on the basis of Test Plan.
- Prepared Traceability Matrices based on the SRS and requirements documents.
- Involved in implementing QA methodology.
- Worked with development team members to better understand system functionality in order to improve testing quality.
- Developed test data to meet requirements.
- Conducted the Smoke testing to check the High level functionality of the application.
- Performed automated test using Win Runner Tool and Manual tests on several client-server and Windows applications. TSL Scripts are generated for Functional Testing of the application.
- Involved in Design, Develop and Execution of automation test scripts for web applications.
- Performing various types of testing, inserting sync and check points (GUI, Bitmap, text check points), enhancing using TSL.
- Developed Test scripts in TSL and enhanced scripts using Win Runner.
- Performed System Testing, Functional Testing, Black Box testing and Regression Testing.
- Maintained and executed test scripts by using Test Director and analyzed the results.
- Logged and traced defects using Test Director.
- Responsible for weekly status meetings showing progress and future testing efforts.
- Detect defects, communicate to the developers using bug reporting tools and tracking the defects.
- Written various SQL queries and performed backend validations, executed various DDL, DML statement.
- Organized Walkthroughs and Inspections with development managers and reviewed the status of the application testing.
- Documented Test cases, Test results and Test procedures.
Environment: C, C++, HTML, Visual Basic, ORACLE, SQL, TOAD, Manual Testing, WinRunner, Test Director, Tomcat 5.0 and WINDOWS NT
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Analyzed System Specification and developed Test plan, Test scripts and Regression Test plan.
- Responsible for complete End-to-End/ User Acceptance testing activities.
- Involved in analyzing System Requirement specifications, Design, Development and Execution of Test cases for Manual and Automated Testing.
- Attending Daily Stand Up meetings and provided QA status updates on different user stories.
- Attending Confidential planning sessions, User story grooming sessions and Retrospective meetings in a rapid and affective MAN atmosphere.
- Worked with SQL queries for data verifications in Oracle (10g/11g) database.
- Testing of Rest services with SOAP UI Pro and SOAP UI
- Performed API Testing on functionality of application
- Worked as SME (Subject Matter Expert) for testing of SOAP web services using SOAP UI.
- Identified defects and monitored resolution via defect tracking tool QC.
- Tracked defects using JIRA and generated defect summary report.
- Involved in all phases of SDLC.
- Experience in working in SQL Server, XML, MTM (Microsoft Test Manager), TFS (Team Foundation Server)
- Analysis of application requirements and entering of requirements in HP QC.
- Run tests by using Selenium remote control in different browsers.
- Tests developed in Eclipse to start and to stop the selenium server and to execute the tests in browser.
- Determined the scope on multiple User Stories, provided estimates.
- Executed the test cases in Test Lab module of QC.
- Used TFS to report bugs and to maintain product backlog items.
- Run SQL queries to performed database validation according to the business logic.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix for the Test Cases to track Business Requirement changes.
- Involved in Functional, System and Regression testing for every cycle.
- Involved in Comparison testing and Adhoc testing.
- Used Quality Center 11 as Test Management, Defect tracking tool and also executed automated QTP test scripts from QC.
Environment: Quality Center, QTP, TFS, MTM, Selenium, Java, Eclipse, Agile Environment, UNIX, Soap UI, Windows 7, Oracle, SQL.