- Automation QA Engineer with 7+ years of experience in Software Automation Testing, in all phases of Software Developer Life Cycle (SDLC) & Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC). Diversified experience in Application Automation - -Web, API Testing, Mobile with hands on experience in different technologies like JAVA, Selenium, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber, SoapUI. Domains: Healthcare, Financial services, Ecommerce and Insurance.
- Worked in a highly dynamic AGILE environment and participated in scrum, sprint meetings and in waterfall.
- Expertise in dealing with open source tools like Selenium (RC, WebDriver and Grid), SoapUI, Cucumber, TestNG, Jira and Eclipse.
- Experience in working with Java and OOPS concepts required for the Selenium Frameworks.
- Experience in handling Keyboard and Mouse Events, Accessing Forms, tables, and link, using Selenium WebDriver .
- Experience in handling multiple windows, Cookies, Alerts and Pop-ups with Selenium .
- Experienced in using Maven to define project structure, dependencies, build and test management.
- Experienced in creating automation framework using Hybrid model framework and Data Driven framework to test web application. Thorough understanding of POM using page factory.
- Handled Selenium WebDriver features like Implicit wait, Explicit wait and Fluent wait under Synchronization .
- Experience in functional testing of web-based as well as client-server applications using Quick Test Professional (QTP) and Selenium.
- Implemented batch run of desired test cases using TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter, and Data Provider .
- Experience using Accessing Forms, tables, link, Keyboard Mouse Events, Uploading File using Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience in Web debugging tools like XPath, Firepath, and Firebug and provided efficient locators for strategies like Xpath and CSS to run Web Driven scripts.
- Proficient knowledge on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Apache Maven , Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Experience in Data Driven Testing, Cross Browser testing and Parallel Test execution using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Selenium Grid .
- Experienced in Web Services testing using SOAPUI tool. Validated request and response XML, SOAP and RESTFUL Web service calls.
- Used Groovy scripting for creating the dynamic mock responses and for executing the test steps.
- Extensively used Selenium APIs such as Takes Screenshot for Capturing Failed test cases and keep the details of passed test cases.
- Experienced in tools like Jenkins for CI/CD.
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Features, Scenarios, and Step definitions for BDD (Behavior Driven Development), TDD (Test Driven Development) using Cucumber in Gherkin format.
- Generated test logs using Log4j for various log levels .
- Effectively involved in Defects logging, tracking and managing Defect Life Cycles using HP Quality Center and JIRA.
- Experience in Database Testing using SQL Queries with multiple Databases, SQL Server and MySQL.
- Expert in preparing Requirements Traceability Matrix to map requirement coverage with test cases.
- Experienced in Back-End testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries for data validation using advanced TestNG annotation Data Provider for code reusability and Java JDBC for retrieving the Data.
- Expertise in different types of testing like Manual testing, Integration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, JUnit Testing, Black box testing, Functional testing, Database testing, GUI testing, Web / UI and (UAT)User Acceptance Testing .
- Good hands on experience working with development tools like Eclipse, edit plus, GDB, Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, Eclipse IDE.
Methodologies: Agile (Scrum), Waterfall, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle.
Automation Tools: Selenium WebDriver/IDE/RC/Grid, SoapUI, Cucumber, TestNG, HP UFT, Postman.
Programming Languages: JAVA, Gherkin, Groovy Script, SQL, VB Script, C++, JSON
Markup Languages: HTML, XML, XPath, CSS Selector.
Artifacts: Test Plan, Test Case, Test Strategy, RTM, Test Summary Report, Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Bug report.
Test Frameworks: Data Driven Framework, Hybrid, Keyword Driven, Page object Model (POM).
Build & Integration Tools: Maven, Jenkins, ANT.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla.
Databases: MYSQL, Oracle, SQL Server.
Utilities: Eclipse, GITHUB, SVN, Firebug, Fire Path
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari.
Operating Systems: Windows (XP, Vista, 7 and 8), Linux, and Mac OS X.
Confidential, Jersey City, New Jersey
- Working on Agile Methodologies (Scrum) by following regular Sprint cycles with active involvement in all sprint meetings with tester, developers, scrum master and product owner
- Responsible for going through the User Stories and creating Test Cases based on the mock up's provided in User Stories.
- Involved in documenting the Test Plan, Test Cases, Traceability Matrix and defect reports.
- Creating test scripts using Java and Selenium Web Driver for the functional test cases.
- Designed and developed BDD/TDD/ATDD framework by using the SpecFlow (Cucumber Specification) and added Scenarios in features files, Step Definitions.
- Written various Features, Scenarios, and Scenario Outline with Examples, Scope Bindings, Dynamic Tables and Hooks in Gherkin language for developing BDD framework.
- Developed Automation scripts in Eclipse and used JUnit framework
- Created, implemented and maintained Page Objects (POM) for each Webpage
- Implemented Selenium web driver and JUnit .
- Served as an intricate team member in preparing Scope and Vision document. Helped manage scope and identify risks throughout the project life cycle.
- Used JIRA as Project management and Bug tracking tool .
- Performed Data Driven Testing (DDT) using Scenario outline and Examples. Creating test plan and test cases as per requirements.
- Perform Functional Testing, Regression Testing, System Integration testing, (UAT) User Acceptance Testing and End to End Testing.
- Implemented logic to read data from the Excel to achieve functional testing with different data.
- Performed mouse actions using Selenium Actions API. Implemented web element locators using Selenium WebDriver - By ID, Class, Name, CSS Selector, Xpath and Link.
- Working on Selenium Web Driver with Testing -Working On Protractor .
- Involved in testing the Web Services like SOAP by using a tool SOAPUI.
- Created Project, TestSuites, Test Cases and Test Steps in SOAP UI Tools and Validated the Response XML file.
- Wrote SQL Queries .
- Scheduled Weekly Status meeting with Development and Management teams to discuss bugs and other issues.
- Involved in Defect Review meetings and Quality Assurance meetings to escalate the issues found.
- Updating the test plan document for every Sprint meeting.
- Logging the bugs which are found during Manual Testing and Automation Testing the Suit.
- Performed parallel execution of test cases using Selenium Grid .
Environment: Eclipse (IDE), Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, JIRA, Data Driven Behavioral Driven Development (BDD), Page Object Model (POM), SpecFlow, Gherkin (Cucumber), Junit, Jenkins, Protractor, Sql, Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Excel.
Confidential, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
- Achieved good understanding of Business requirements and Functional requirements.
- Participate in story grooming sessions, Agile/Scrum.
- Prepared Test Plan, Test Scenarios and Test Cases and documented them in HP Quality Center.
- Involved in Automation Infrastructure Development using Eclipse IDE, Java, Selenium Jars and TestNG.
- Performed manual testing and maintain documentation on different types of Testing Positive, Negative, Regression, Integration, System, User-acceptance, Performance and Black Box .
- Provides the status reports like how many test cases executed, defects found, defects pending, defects solved.
- Created Test Cases using Element Locators and Selenium Web Driver methods.
- Setup Selenium GRID to run Selenium scripts on different browsers.
- Involved in testing Web services (SOAP and REST) and XML with tool called SOAP UI, with URL and created Test cases, run them, do load testing, security testing.
- Wrote Selenium script for taking screen shot and used action class to perform mouse movement.
- Expertise in POM.xml to get required dependencies from central repository, add plugins, ran scripts using pom.xml file.
- Integrated TestNG with Selenium using Eclipse to generate test execution result.
- Create JIRA cards for all the defects found during the functional and regression testing.
- Extensively used Selenium APIs such as TakesScreenshot for Capturing Failed test cases, select for selecting multiple values from list, Action for various key and mouse event, with different Locators (Xpath, CSS, id, Link text ).
- Involved in writing Cucumber Gherkin scripts as part of product design.
- Test automation for web application using Cucumber.
- Worked with all agile development and SCRUM process throughout the entire project.
- Worked extensively on SoapUI for mocking the back-end web service calls.
- Developed automated Cucumber tests using Java for step definitions.
- Extensively performed Manual Testing process to ensure the quality of the software.
- Wrote SQL queries and stored procedures to validate data.
- Documented errors and implemented their resolutions.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Extent Reports, Eclipse, Windows, Maven, SQL server, JIRA, JSP, SOAP UI, SCRUM, AGILE.
QA Engineer (Selenium)
Confidential, Irvine, California
- Managed large-scale data migrations, migration simulations, go-lives, functional testing, GUI testing, user acceptance testing, regression testing, compatibility testing, load testing and stakeholder communications.
- Migration engagement Project Planning and Scoping of time and estimates and forecasting for client.
- Participated in daily Scrum meetings, discussed with Business Analysts and Developers about requirement gaps, defects and blocking issues.
- Involved in testing different processes like data migration (master & transactional) and documented testing documents in JIRA.
- Setup the Automation framework using Selenium WebDriver to run test cases in multiple browsers and platforms.
- Created Java based scripts for Selenium Web Driver with JUnit as automation frame work.
- Worked on acceptance testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed test automation frameworks such as Data Driven, Keyword Driven and Hybrid using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven.
- Involved in the Data migration and validation tasks
- Created automation scripts in SoapUI tool Groovy Script for web services testing and to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Performed testing on REST based web services testing using SoapUI, POSTMAN.
- SoapUI-Pro Application was used to do black box testing to call interfaces on SOAP based and RESTful Web Services.
- Executed SoapUI for preliminary smoke-test to validate the build.
- Used Selenium WebDriver for writing test scripts for regression test coverage.
- Extended TestNG framework by adding some helper classes and methods.
- Involved in creating automation test suites for progression & regression testing in SoapUI.
- Validated request and response XML/ JSON. Added assertions to validate the XML/ JSON in Web services SOAP and RESTFUL service.
- Analyzed the Log files to verify the processes for debugging and or test data verification purposes.
- Contributed to the Continuous Integration pipeline running component builds, creating and running Deployment jobs on individual stages on Jenkins, and running automated and manual functional tests.
- Used Firebug/Fire Path Add-on tools to identify the Object's id, Name, Xpath, link in the application. Used ALM and JIRA for tracking, analyzing and documenting defects.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
- Involved in setting up continuous integration system using Jenkins and working knowledge with cloud based code repository system like GitHub.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database.
- Preparation of Daily and Weekly status reports. Attending weekly defect report meetings and presented progress updates.
Environment: -Java, Java Script, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, REST, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, SOAPUI, jQuery, Eclipse, Firebug, Firepath, Postman, XML, DOM, GIT, Jira, ALM, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, SQL and Windows.
Confidential, Stockton, California
- Involved in testing of application using the Scrum (Agile ) methodology.
- Used Firebug and Fire path for identifying the web elements uniquely in the web page.
- Developed automation test scripts using Selenium WebDriver and Java.
- Reviewed Functional Requirement Specifications and created test cases based on test scenarios drawn from functional requirements using Test Director.
- Developed and executed SQL queries for backend testing .
- Responsible for smoke testing , UAT testing .
- Implemented Core Java and Object-Oriented concepts.
- Handled the special mouse events and selected the options from the drop-down menu using Selenium Actions builder, mouse hover and synchronization .
- Generated Reports and Documentation.
- Tested the various Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) spanning across various web services using SOAP and WSDL across various applications using SOAPUI .
- Used parameters, data provider TestNG annotations to perform regression and functional testing.
- Used Actions and Action classes for performing Keyboard and Mouse events.
- Designed data-driven testing framework in Selenium and captured data dynamically from web controls.
- Used Hybrid which is a combination of both Keyword and Data Driven Framework to extract data from external Excel files using Apache POI and load into the variables in the scripted code.
- Interacted with business people and developers to exchange the updated status and interacted with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Implemented Page FactoryModel in the data-driven framework.
- Designed and Developed test automation Artifacts (scripts, functions, scenarios, processes) for simple to complex automated testing situations using various tools like Selenium, TestNG and XPath .
- Developed Selenium scripts to get the data from the webpage by using the methods like getUrl, getTitle, getAttribute.
- Reported daily status of data creation and sent weekly status reports .
- Execution of QA and Testing processes, and plans, bug documentation and bug tracking and used Requirement management and bug tracking testing tools like Quality Center.
- Used SVN as a source repository system to share code within the office as well as team overseas.
- Involved in writing Test plan and performing Manual Testing.
- Executed the manual testing process of Positive Testing and Negative Testing, Integration Testing.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, Java, TestNG, tCSS, Cucumber, SQL, Html, MS-Excel, Jenkins, SVN, Log4j.
QA Tester (Automation)
- Prepared various reports based on different stages of Testing.
- Involved in identifying the manual test cases for automation.
- Involved in preparing Test data based on business functions.
- Executing Test Scripts in Selenium WebDriver for Regression Testing and analyzing the Test results.
- Involved in writing the test cases test data and test scripts.
- Developed project in Eclipse IDE.
- Involved in updating and executing test cases per requirements.
- Identified the Test Cases and documented them in Quality Center .
- Updated Reports and dashboards to display the status of test coverage including the number of test cases passing, failing or pending.
- Involved in Managerial Meetings and attended various conference calls at different levels from QA , Developers and Clients.
- Written SQL Queries on Oracle database.
- Worked as a Quality Center support to ensure efficient services to the team and the client.
- Entered defect in Quality Center and conduct regression testing after fixing the defect.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source & configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Proficient in Functional Testing Tool Quick Test Professional (QTP/UFT) and the various frameworks in QTP/UFT.
- Worked on Functional testing, Smoke Testing, Adhoc Testing, Regression Testing, Component Testing and Browser Compatibility testing. As a Regression POC, I have maintained the Regression scripts for the whole application by updating the scripts, adding new scripts and executing the scripts.
- Involved across the full test lifecycle including planning, design, execution and reporting of tests, using appropriate testing tools and techniques and conforming to agreed processes.
- Performed all phases of end-to-end testing which includes Acceptance testing, Functionality testing, and Smoke testing of the Application, its interfaces and Client-Server Utilities.
- Followed Unified Modeling Language (UML) methodology using Requisite Pro and Rational Rose to create/maintain: Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and Collaboration Diagrams.
- Provided daily and weekly reports to project manager and team leaders.
Environment: - Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Maven, TestNG, Quality Center, Firepath, Firebug, Eclipse, XPATH, Java, HTML, CSS, HP QTP, MS SQL Server, and Windows.
Software Tester (Manual Testing)
- Involved in the full testing Life-Cycle from analyzing business requirements to testing phase
- Well-versed with all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
- Developed Test Strategies, Test plans, Test Cases, steps, scenarios, RTM (Requirements Traceability Matrix), execution and Summary reports
- Conducted the Functional, System, Integration, Regression, UAT and Sanity testing.
- Tracked all the issues using HP Quality Center and made sure that all the issues were fixed and resolved before the application went into production.
- Identified defects and interacted with developers to resolve them and provided full support to the Test team.
- Coordinated defects with Business/SMEs/Development team for clarifications, testing status and defect tracking.
- Prepared Status Summary Reports with details of executed, passed and failed test cases. Also involved in ST Entry and Exit criteria reports.
- Helped the Business Users in performing the UAT by providing the test cases, issue log templates and providing the test data.
- Prepared Testing data table using SQL Queries for validating the update on database upon execution.
- Escalated issues, risks, blocking defects, design questions/clarifications in person to all relevant parties immediately and constantly work on resolution.
- Sent testing progress report and detail status to the Resource Manager and Project Manager on regular basis.
- Participated in regular project status meetings related to testing phases.
Environment: HP-Quality Center, SQL, SQL Server, Windows XP, Internet Explorer, Chrome, MS office.