- Ten Years of IT experience of which seven years of Quality Assurance (QA) which involved manual and automated testing of various financial and commercial applications developed in multi - tier environments
- Experienced in all phases of the software Testing Lifecycle (STLC) starting from developing Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Cases, execution of Testing and writing effective Testing Summary Reports and Defect Reports.
- Worked extensively with Agile (Scrum), and Water Fall Model Process models and good understanding of the latest development tools and technologies.
- Experience in Rally and ITrack for writing test cases and logging defects and link the user stories.
- Hands on experience on Functional Regression, Performance and Black Box Testing of both Web-Based and Client/Server Applications on various testing platforms and using various testing tools.
- Extensive working experience in VOD, On-Demand, Mobile Testing, Unit Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing and Performance Testing.
- Extensively worked on White Box and Black Box testing techniques.
- Expertise in tracking defects using Jira and expertise in generating the test status reports from JIRA.
- Proficient in writing SQL queries, PL/SQL statements and executing SQL queries to perform Backend testing.
- Experience in iPhone, iPad, Android mobile testing experience
- Involved closely with the Developer and Testing team during defect resolution phase.
- Participated in daily scrum call to report daily activities.
- Worked with Product Manager to get update requirement strategies. Knowledge in Software Engineering covering Requirement Engineering, Software Development process, Software Maintenance, Testing, Debugging and Quality Assurance.
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) & Quality Assurance Life Cycle (QALC)Experience in creating Test Plan, Test Procedures, Test Cases and written many Documentations.
- Ability to interact with End users, Managers and Technical Personnel, self-motivated, quick learner and a team player.
- Experience in open source Automation tools: Selenium Web Driver, SeleniumIDE, QTP.
- Experience in writing Selenium or WebDriver modules from scratch.
- Develop framework using Junit, TestNG, and Page Object Model using Page Factory Pattern.
- Running test suite and generating XSLT reports through TestNG/Junit.
- Ability to meet deadlines and have flexibility in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work in a Team as well as independently producing desired results.
- Good written, communication, interpersonal skills with an analytical mind bent to problem solving, delivering solutions and ability quickly learn new tools and technology.
Tests: Automation, Manual, UAT, Mobile(Manual)
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/IDE,TestNG,Junit,QTP/UFTWinRunner7.5/7.6, Loadrunner 8.1, TestDirector7.5/8.0, QTP, Eggplant and Manual Testing
Languages: Java, VBScript, Visual Basic 5.0,HTML
Databases: SQL server 2000, Oracle, MYSQL,MS Access
Operating Systems: 2000 Pro, XP, Win 2010 server,2008,UNIX
Test Management Tools: Jira, Quality Centre, Rally
Bug Tracking Tools: Jira
Confidential, Middletown, NJ
- Executed Test Cases and Procedures for Functionality Testing, Transaction Testing, Positive Testing, Negative Testing and Black Box Testing.
- Perform Back End Testing by executing queries from CADM Database.
- Managed the Test Cased in Quality Center and mapped to the requirements and ensured proper Test Coverage.
- Managed and executed Traceability Matrix of Requirements to Test Cases.
- Responsible for Functional Testing each release of the application.
- Interacted with Developers and different Database Managers to resolve and manage Defects using ALM QUALITY CENTER/RALLY/TDP.
- Performed series of Regression Testing in each Release prior to Production Deployment.
- Identified Gaps between delivered Functionalities and current Business process after each Transports in Test Environments.
- Manually tested the GUI interface of the application in closed environment with the developers.
- Interacted with Business Analysts and developers to resolve the technical issues to meet client’s requirements for better quality software product.
- Created Billing status report, Quick Glance report, L1 report, Heat Map report and Defect Update report.
Environment: QTP, ALM/QC, CADM Oracle, SQL Server, MS Office, Windows SharePoint, Rally, PRISUM.
Confidential, New Jersey
- Participated in writing Test plans, Test Strategy, Test Schedules, Test Estimations, Test cases, Test reports and bug tracking management.
- Used Pivotal tracker for User Stories
- Used Manual Testing techniques and SDLC Models like Agile-SCRUM, Waterfall & V model.
- Performed compatibility testing on Mobile Application (I Pad, Android, iOS Native applications).
- Strong exposure on functional and non-functional testing methodologies- Installation Testing, Black Box testing, Regression testing, Integration Testing, System testing Smoke Testing & Usability testing.
- Tested video’s manually and paired the device to TV using setup box and navigated it with the help of device remote.
- Performed compatibility testing for android operating version and IOS.
- Involved in end-to-end testing of the Mobile Applications.
- Expertise Confidential gathering and analyzing software quality metrics throughout the software development life cycle.
- Used XML to get the VOD catalog and QP catalogs.
- Hands on experience on manual and automation - eggplant automation tool where we used scripts to write the test case and execute them.
- Tested the application under different networks and Internet speeds including while on EDGE, 3G, 4G, LTE, and Wi-Fi.
- Formulated manual test cases include Unit and Integration test case for all application. Used Microsoft Excel to create, maintain and execute Test cases
- Posted bugs in Track, Rally & Jira.
- Followed Agile Methodology and attend the daily scrum meetings.
- Used Eggplant Functional GUI test Automation tool image-based approach to GUI testing. Wrote scripting language called Sense Talk for functional testing in conjunction with a “guided record” mode.
- Represented QA function in Agile Sprints.
- Involved in defining scope for testing within the context of each sprint / delivery.
- Write Automation code used Framework, and make executed plan.
- Developed Selenium WebDriver test cases using Java, TestNG framework.
- Developed Maven Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium WebDriver.
- Validated the database by executing SQL queries using MYSQL.
- Used Inspect Elements, Firebug, Xpath, and CSSlocators to work with the application objects.
- Enhanced the Selenium Test cases for Cross Browser Testing and Test used Firefox, IE, Chrome.
- Coordinated and attended review sessions to review test cases with the Developers.
- Used Rally for communicate with internal managements.
- Execution of Tests and Reporting Defects using Jira for Bug tracking and Slack for Communication Tool.
Environment: Java, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver, Jira, SQL Server 2000, RallyWindows 8, WIN 2003 Server VB, VB script, Java, Java Script, Oracle, Windows, HTML, XML, Multimedia software, SQLite IOS, & Android.
Confidential, Wayne, NJ
Quality Assurance Administrator
Environment: Manual Testing. Oracle 8.5, Embarcadaro rapid SQL Confidential the back end.
- Manually tested audio players. Worked on numerous Pocket PC personal digital assistants powered by Microsoft Windows Operating System that are manufactured by Casio Inc.,
- Manually tested online web application using Oracle 8.5, Embarcadaro rapid SQL Confidential the back end.
- Developed Test Plan, Test Procedures and Test Cases to fully implement the comprehensive quality assurance testing and analysis while following a structured QA Methodology.
- Performed various types of testing such as Business Functionality Test, GUI Test and Regression Testing, black box, data driven testing on those Audible devices and their website.
- Created and executed test cases and test scripts implementing the Quality Assurance process for the successful deployment of the System.
- Validated the functionality of audio players and web application. Performed Validation of Customized Edit checks, Reports.
- Authored process validation project documentation. Provided QA review of validation testing documentation. Managed documentation control of project deliverables.
- Created new validation templates for site use.
- Bug Reports were sent through team track.
Confidential, South Plainfield, NJ
QA Testing Manager
Environment: Loadrunner 8.1, IE, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Developed Test plans for the web page Allison Transmission.com, Test scenarios, writing and Updating Test cases Using Microsoft Word for Documentation.
- Analyzed System Requirements to develop effective Test Requirements.
- Created Test Procedure document, which specifies step-by-step action plan for actual testing using Automated Testing Tool - Load Runner.
- Created test cases and test data sets to fulfill each requirement.
- Performed various types of testing such as Business Functionality Test, GUI Test and Regression Testing on web application.
- Executed Scenarios/Group and monitored server and network delays.
- Wrote Load Runner script of Data base and data driven testing for functional and regression testing of business workflow.
- Performed regression, black box, functional, data driven testing of the application using Load Runner
- Used Internal Data and Data Files data sources for parameter driven load test.
- Conducted live meetings along with IBM, Cap Gemini and the offshore team (India) for the performance test using Mercury Performance.
- Analyzed results of CPU usage, Memory Usage, Transactions Response time, Transaction under load, Transaction summary by Vusers, Hit per Second and throughput.
- Tracking the Application source codes, and tests and apps designed with the prefixed requirements of the fields.
- Validated the functionality of Medidata’s Rave 5.5 application. Performed Validation of Customized Edit checks, Reports, eCRF and PDF’s
- Major aspects of the functionality are:
- PDF Generator
- Report administrator, Customization.
- CRF migration.
- Double Data Entry
- Control and Local Lab administration
- Tracking the functionality was end to end concept
- Developing and execution of test plans, test cases based on business requirements for different Studies and prepared Documentation.
- Developed and Executed Compatibility and Functional test scripts
- Performed Functional, GUI, Regression and System testing
- Was Involved with the interaction with the Project Managers for Requirements gathering, Created and executed Custom Functions
- Worked with business analyst and developers in setting up input data.