- Over Nine years of diversified experience in USA as a Senior QA Analyst, QA Lead, Business System Analyst, and UAT Coordinator in the Life Insurance and Financial services sector for software testing. Delivered quality products by adhering to various QA Processes and performed Functional, Regression, System integration and Automation testing on various technologies and operating systems.
- Skills: Manual Testing, XML Testing, Automation Testing (Selenium IDE/Web Driver), and Database Testing
- Involved in GUI, Functional, Integration, System, Regression and UAT Testing.
- Has exposure to Selenium Web Driver test automation tool. Performed presentations with POC.
- Demonstrated abilities in Software testing (System/Regression), setting up of test environment, creation of test scripts/cases, execution of Tests and tracking of defects using various tools.
- Excellent knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like Waterfall, Agile and Iterative Methodologies and thorough understanding of Software Test Life Cycle (STLC).
- Experienced in gathering, defining and documentation of Business process flows, functional, technical and system performance requirements, prepared use cases.
- Setup onshore - offshore execution model facilitating team ramp-up, training, Vendor Management
- Actively involved and contributed to TPI assessments and provided the recommendations.
- Well versed knowledge of SOAP UI Tool, RESTFUL API testing and web services testing
- Experienced in working on various protocols like FIX, Market Data, Acord, XML testing, Functional, Regression, Exploratory, GUI, Acceptance, Smoke, Usability, Compatibility, and Integration testing of Client-Server and Web Applications.
- Experienced in working with debugging log files, performing the root cause analysis.
- Possess excellent oral, written communication skills, team management and pleasing interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stay focused and dedicated under stressful conditions.
- Ability to keep team members motivated and extract required work.
- Authorized to work for any employer in US. Possess Green card, No Visa Sponsorship required.
Programming Languages: Core JAVA, SQL, C++ and C
Markup Languages: HTML and XML
Databases: My-SQL, MS-SQL Server, Oracle TOAD(Editor Tool)
GUI Functional & Regression Testing Tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver - Eclipse& TestNG Framework
Test Management: HP ALM 11/Quality Center
Bug Tracking Tools: HP ALM 11, JIRA, Clear Quest and Web Track
Operating System: Windows XP/2003/Vista/7, Unix/Sun Solaris
Domain: Insurance, Capital Markets, Publishing
Applications tested: FIMMAS, iPipeline, Winflex, Term Quote, Vital Term
- Participated in TPI (Test Process improvement) worked with pre-sales team
- Involved in Identifying ‘as-Is’ data collection focus areas, Identified, scheduled and conducted Interviews.
- Assisted in analyzing the results of Interviews with Business users, Dev and QA teams.
- Reviewed existing QA Testing and Defect Management process
- Involved in the preparation of the final presentation of the ‘To-Be’ model.
Confidential, Overland Park, Kansas
Lead Quality Analyst/Business System Analyst
- Prepared Business Requirements, Functional/Technical Design documents and validation of design with Business users
- Prepared integrated workflows, obtained approvals across systems and validated before hand-off to Development team
- Strategizing automation testing including identification of potential functional areas (Policy Lifecycle flow and transactions on Life Insurance Policies) in the application followed by POC and complete the automation assignment (creating scripts using hybrid framework ).
- Facilitated testing meetings, developed process flows, supported requirement creation, development of test strategy, test cases and other testing documentation
- Prepared project documents such as Estimates, schedules, resource allocation and Test Strategy plans.
- Updated the management with comprehensive status reports during management reviews & tracking meetings on a periodic basis
- Worked with business and UAT in ensuring the testing strategy meets the business requirements through walk-through and in collaboration during test execution.
- Prepared test plan for UAT testing, coordinating with end users, Managers and Analysts.
- Conducted meetings with Business teams and Development to discuss the new products and Change request.
- Performed Back-end testing by writing and executing SQL queries to Verify the data integrity, validate that data is being populated in appropriate tables and manually verify the correctness of the data with front-end values.
- Used all types SQL queries like select, insert, update, and delete records .
- Mentored the new team members, identifying their training needs and accommodating them into work in a quick turnaround time
- Test Planning, Test case Design, Test Case Execution, Regression Testing and Tracking & logging Defects
- Provided QA Sign-Off on code deploying to Production
- Performed all the internal reviews of Test cases, providing support, guidance to team.
- Participated in HLD/Test Spec Review Meetings and coordinating daily/weekly status calls.
- Involved in the Transition of project. Provided knowledge transfer, completed all the Quality Checkpoints.
Confidential, Overland Park, Kansas
Lead QA Analyst/Interface Business System Analyst
- Collected, analyzed, reviewed, documented and communicated business needs and requirements.
- Proactively identified technology and operational opportunities that influence business strategies and performance.
- Worked with business users and IT professionals as a business problem solver.
- Captured concept ideas from customers and product architect, and developed detailed product and business requirement specifications.
- While working as the Business Analyst, also filled the role of Quality Assurance Lead. Created project timelines/testing target dates and the testing strategy which included the end-to-end process for all systems to support the entire implementation testing effort.
- Rolled the User acceptance testing into the IT testing to promote quicker time to market for new products
- Conducted Requirement Gathering from Business, Analysis and Review, Identify Risk and Mitigation
- Conducted Back-end testing using SQL queries t o validate data for database and used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases
- Documented data process models, worked with technical team to develop solutions to identified problem.
- Collaborated with Solutions Architect and Technical Leads to review design, and then communicated all enhancements to the entire team.
- Worked closely with various business areas to make sure all output, values and processes worked as expected.
- Conducted weekly testing meetings with entire end-to-end team to maintain target dates, expectations and identified any areas of concern.
Confidential, Overland Park, Kansas
Lead QA Analyst and Onsite Test Coordinator
- Provided the estimate for number of resources required for the project
- Prepared project plan and test plan for the project
- Ensured the team delivers the project on time
- Define new process related activities and support the existing process activities
- Participated in discussions with Business Analysts to understand the new functionalities
- Used TOAD for writing complex SQL statements for testing.
- Provided training on HPQC on Test plan, test lab and Defect modules to the HUB team and helped the UAT team in UAT testing
- Created daily and weekly status reports
- Setting up defect tracking and test management system
- Trained Offshore Resources on new functionalities
- Allocated and Reviewed Offshore teamwork on daily basis
- Reviewed bugs before reporting, re-testing fixed bugs
- Provided the estimate for testing the change request
- Executed Smoke, Functional, Regression test cases whenever necessary
- Compared XML files using the tool Beyond Compare.
- Verified XML Tags and Values W.R.T to the user interface inputs and Acord Standards
Offshore Test Lead
- Daily conference call with client and development team
- US Onsite visit for 3 months to AMEX Client, New York to get knowledge transfer and give support on trading floor
- Assigned daily task to the team clarifying the doubts raised by client and development team
- On-site coordinator with offshore in test estimation for the authoring/execution of test cases
- Worked on FIX protocol, Market data Protocol verification of backend messages on UNIX machines
- Bug Reporting, Sending Daily status emails and preparing weekly status.
- Maintaining ABACUS Bug Tracking tool
- Addressing clarifications for bugs posted and tracking status of the bugs