- Senior QA Analyst having around 9 years of experiencein all phases of Software Developer Life Cycle (SDLC) & Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC). Expertise in preparing Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Scenarios, preparing Manual test cases and automated test cases by decomposing use cases for specific functional requirements. Diversified experience in Automation, Manual testing and Business Analysis methodologies, serving various domains such as Insurance, Banking and Retail industry.
- Diversified experience in Automation and Manual testing serving various domains including Telecom, Banking, Finance and Healthcare .
- Experience in working with Software Development ( SDLC )and Software Testing Life Cycle ( STLC ) models - Waterfall , Agile/Scrum .
- Used AutoIT, Robot API tools in automation for Mouse movements, Keystrokes, Window control manipulations and print pop-ups which is not possible using selenium WebDriver.
- Experienced in using Apache POI to read the data from external sources in order to feed locators into the test script.
- Expertise in creating RequirementTraceabilityMatrix (RTM), Daily/Weekly Status Report, Defect Report and Project Report.
- Extensively used SoapUI for testing SOAP, RESTful Web services.
- Hands on experience in handling synchronization using waits (Implicit, Explicit) which are Unconditional and Conditional.
- Checked the performance of application using selenium - JMeter.
- Implemented automation scripts for Cucumber BDD framework to test keyBusiness Processes scenarios
- Proven ability in developing Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) scripts and with Cucumber and writing step definitions for behavior using Gherkin and solid understanding of Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Worked on Selenium Grid for running the Automation Test script on Different Platforms and Browsers.
- Generated test logs using Log4 j for various log levels.
- Experience in preparing test data for positive and negative Testing and identified critical bugs in the product early in the test execution cycle.
- Experience in Mobile Automation (Android & IOS) using Appium (Selenium).
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using JIRA, Rally.
- Expertise in working knowledge ofJava and Object Oriented Concepts.
- Experience with integration testing, End to End testing.
- Experience in selenium automation using selenium web driver - Python.
- Conversant with ANT and MAVEN project build tools.
- Experience with iOS UI testing usingXCTest.
- Knowledge on XCode, Swift.
- Managed different test targets in XCode.
- Performed Continuous integration automation using Jenkins and scheduled the tests to run at specific time.
- Experience in configuring Jenkins to email the content of the status of the build.
- Extensively used Selenium APIs such as TakeScreenshot for Capturing Failed test cases
- Handling the certificate errors using profile for Firefox and DesiredCapabilities for IE and Chrome
- Proven skills in SQL, RDBMS and UNIX.
- Experience in using implicit and explicit waits for handling Ajax requests and synchronization in Selenium
- Ability to perform effectively and efficiently in team and individually.
- Good Communication, interpersonal, and Teamwork skills.
- Extensive experience in working in multiple projects concurrently.
- Suggested probable risk and risk mitigating strategies along with creative solutions to the management team.
- Excellent Organization, Analytical and Problem Solving skills and ability to quickly learn new technologies.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG,JUnit, ETL testing, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, JMeter, Cucumber, SoapUI, XCTest.
Methodologies: Agile (Scrum), Waterfall.
Languages: Java, Swift, Python, HTML, XML, Gherkin.
IDE: Eclipse,XCode, SQL Developer.
Test Framework: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM).
Web Debugging Tool: Firepath, Firebug.
Utilities: AutoIT, Robot, Wget.
Processes: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Quality Center.
Test build, Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Jenkins.
Databases: SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle, MySQL.
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Mac.
MS Office tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Confidential - Rancho Cordova, CA
Sr. QA Analyst / SDET
- Worked in Agile/Scrum methodology, performed agile testing to check entire functionality of application.
- Understanding the business requirements and developed testcases to test the complete functionality of the application.
- Involved and developed comprehensive Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Developed test plans by understanding the Business logic and User Requirements for Manual and Automation Testing.
- Provided testing for native software on a variety of mobiledevices to ensure compatibility of the devices.
- Involved in writing Test Plan, which detailed the testing scope of applications. Hi-level test requirements and necessary resources.
- Handled dynamically changing web elements and frames in selenium.
- Used Firebug/Fire Path Add-on tools to constructed locators using Id, Name, CSS and X-Path.
- Developed automation framework using Selenium Webdriver and developed test scripts.
- Developed Data driven framework using Selenium with Java.
- Tested the web pages manually as well as using Selenium automation tool.
- Extensively used TestNg annotations for grouping test cases and running selenium test scripts.
- Documented Test Cases corresponding to business rules and other operating conditions.
- Involved in functionality testing, regression testing and system testing.
- Extensively used Appium for testing mobile application.
- Responsible for SIT and UAT phases and led status/Defect management calls with stakeholders and product manager.
- Used Log4j for logging the actions performed.
- Performed Web services testing using Postman .
- Participated in UAT and worked with Jira for bug and defect tracking.
- Analyzed user requirements, attended Change Request meetings to document changes and implemented procedures to test changes.
- Wrote SQL queries extensively and queried databases (MySQL).
- Used AutoIt for handling windows based popup’s.
- Extensively worked on Saucelabs for testing applications in different environments.
- Responsible for updating existing Test Cases against the change of requirements.
- Created specific business scenarios to test as part of UAT.
- Responsible for Backend testing and executing SQL queries.
- Experienced in using Git repository for source code management.
- Updating the existing ANT and Maven files for building the test scripts.
- Executing Test scripts automatically using CI tool Jenkins.
- Used Cucumber extensively for ensuring the behavior of the application.
- Writing Scenarios in Gherkin language for executing tests in cucumber.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Appium, TestNg, MySQL, Selenium IDE, Jenkins, Soap UI, Java, CSS, XML, Jira, Microsoft Office, TDD, BDD, Cucumber, Gherkin, Eclipse, Git, Sauce Labs, JUnit, Maven, TestNG, Agile.
Confidential - San Jose, CA
Sr. QA Automation Engineer
- Assessed & analyzed user stories and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings and developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test reports.
- Developed and Executed Test Scripts test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNg, analyzed Test Results.
- Performed Functional testing as per user stories and performed Integration Testing &System Testing using Selenium WebDriver automation scripts.
- Performed Parallel and Cross Browser testing on different browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox where multiple tests were run at the same time.
- Handled keyboard and Mouse Events, Accessing Forms, tables, and link, using Selenium Web Driver.
- Handled multiple windows and Pop-ups with Selenium.
- Took the ApplicationScreenshotsand copied the images whenever exceptions occurred and at important checkpoints of application execution.
- Handled in testing with handling different methods of Select class for selecting and deselecting for drop down using Selenium.
- Developed and Implemented Hybrid, PageObjectModel/DataDrivenFramework and extracted data from external Excel files using Excel data readerand loaded into the variables in the scripted code.
- Configured the Test Cases to receive input Test Data Sets for the corresponding test cases.
- Managed individual sprints user stories and tasks using JIRA as tracking tool and agile tool
- Used FireBug, Fire Path to debug, edit and locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CSS Selector, Link, Partial Link, Attributes and Tags
- Planned, developed and executes integration and end-to-end tests.
- Maintained the Selenium &Java Automation Code and resources in source controls like GIT for improvements and new features.
- Performed black box testing, database testing, and web-based testing on several test phases. Developed components for each transaction used in the test script or scenario by using Selenium.
- Involved in Web services testing using SOAPUI Tool. Validated request and response XML. Added assertions to validate the XML in Web services SOAP and RESTFUL service.
- Used GitHub as a source repository system to share code within the office as well as with the team in overseas.
- Interacted with the development configuration and operation's team to ensure the quality of software to user expectations.
- Experienced in selenium automation using selenium web driver - Python.
- Wrote test cases to handle alerts on a web page using python-Selenium.
- Verified the integration of various components in the application and executed end-to-end testing.
- Participated in Release Review/Requirement Analysis and Design review meetings.
Environment: SeleniumWebDriver, Python, Selenium IDE, Jenkins, SoapUI, HTML, XML, JIRA, Microsoft Office, Eclipse, TestNG, Agile, Gherkin, Oracle.
Confidential -Sacramento, CA
- Analyzed the system requirements and developed detailed test plans, test cases and testing estimates.
- Prepared test cases, test scenarios in HP Quality Centre.
- Designing the Test Architecture and the Scenarios for the Automation using QTP on stand alone and QC.
- Developed User defined function for custom results and frame work set-up for test batch execution.
- Developed the scripts using Descriptive programming for some scripts.
- Developed a lot of user defined functions using VB Script for reusability and easy maintenance
- Developed user defined functions for the Data base testing using ODBC connections in QTP.
- Developed Automation test scripts for Verifying the functionality and GUI of the application using QTP.
- Involved in the conversion of Manual regression test cases to Automation Test Scripts.
- Documented and logged defects on the Quality Center defect tracking tool.
- Creating large amount and sets of data to cover different scenario testing
- Worked on Verifying plans loaded in environments with different Issuers (Insurance Agencies).
- Interact extensively with the business users in analyzing the requirements during the requirements analysis phase of the project.
- Created RTM (Requirements Traceability Matrix), developed the UAT test plan adhering to specifications and business requirements.
- Worked on Selenium scripts to regression test on multiple browsers and environments.
- Developed test scripts to automate process of testing in Selenium WebDriver using Testing.
- Have Used Testing Annotations with selenium scripts and used maven integration tool to execute test scripts as bulk.
- Used ANT to build and run the Selenium automation framework.
- Review & update selenium WebDriver coding in java eclipse.
- Conducted data validation testing using SQL queries in the Oracle System.
- Develop & Review the test cases using SOAP UI.
- Ensured content and structure of all Testing documents / artifacts is documented and maintained.
- Working on primary investigation of defects by pulling logs from different services and Oracle database.
- Documented, implemented, monitored, and enforced all processes for testing as per standards defined by the organization.
- Involved in documentation of the testing process for further enhancement.
- Conducted result analysis and interacted with developers to resolve bugs.
- Reporting the bugs and to retest the same after the fix from the developers.
- Trained business and project teams to ensure that quality assurance procedures are applied consistently across programs of work and provide support as required.
- Worked closely with the PMO’s to implement the Agile Methodology.
- Performed User Interface, Functional, Integration and Regression testing.
Confidential - Phoenix, AZ
QA Automation Engineer
- Drafted Test Plan which included Testing objectives, Testing phases, scenarios and test environment after a thorough analysis of the business rules.
- Developed Automation framework using Selenium Web Driver.
- Tested applications developed in Java with TestNGframework.
- Used Selenium Web Driver for writing test scripts for regression test coverage.
- Developed and executed test cases using TestNGframework&Eclipse.
- Automated Smoke&Functionaltest cases using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG&Java (Eclipse IDE).
- Worked on creating test case for data -driven framework for Selenium Web Driver.
- Configured Maven and Jenkins for better dependency and automatic build deployment.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium Web Driver API) on Continuous Integration tool Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Worked on Project Management toolJira.
- Verified, edited and update test data in new or existing systems before Testing.
- Configured Selenium Grid to execute tests on different machines against different browsers in parallel.
- Performed Regression testing using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Jenkins Continuous Integration.
- Created and executed automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Database as source of Test Data for the Health care portal.
- Implemented Page Object Model automation framework with Selenium WebDriver, Java and Cucumber.
- Generated Test Reports using TestNG test script execution and created the error screenshots.
- Performed Sanity testing and Ad-hoc testing when required.
- Worked closely with the development team working on a module and enhancing the framework.
- Involved in the enhancement of Hybrid Framework Page Object Model/Data Driving using Eclipse and Java and Apache POI for data driving.
- Experience with Cross- Browser and Compatibility Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers.
- Created test cases and performed Database testing to check whether the data is being migrated properly.
- Wrote SQL Queries to connect to the database and retrieve data for a specified set of test requirements
Sr. QA Analyst
- Understanding the Business requirements, Application and function specifications, Design documents
- Documented Test Scenarios (positive and negative) and Test Cases based on the functional specifications
- Responsible for Black Box Testing of the application
- Checked the client side and server side validations. Tested the functionality of the application
- Involved in developing the tractability matrix in Excel sheet
- Identified the Test Cases and documented them in Quality Center.
- Involved in updating and executing test cases per requirements.
- Performed GUI, Functional, Negative, Positive, Regression and User Acceptance Testing
- Scripted Complex Test Cases using SQL queries for data validation and to verify the data integrity in the database (Back end testing).
- Conducted the System, Integration and Regression of the web application
- Prepared test scenarios and executed to validate the Tables, fields, texts and images in the Application
- Performed Backend testing by extensively using SQL queries to verify the integrity of the database
- Involved in daily status calls and reporting
- Worked with development team on defect reporting, fixes and resolution; update management on testing results, activities and planning using QC.
- Prepared test plan/test cases from the user stories, use cases, business and system requirement (SRS).
- Worked on java, using file operations to read files.
- Prepared test machines and deploy builds, execute test cases, bug reporting and resolving issues by pairing up with the developers.
- Implemented the database connectivity using JDBC with SQL Server as backend.
- Developed test scripts using selenium web driver and TestNG.
Environment: HP Quality Center, Selenium, SQL Server, Windows XP, Microsoft office,Test Plan, Functional testing
- Involved in identifying the manual test cases for automation.
- Involved in preparing Test data based on business functions.
- Developed Test Scenarios and Test Cases as per the requirement document.
- Involved in creating Test metrics.
- Finding and reporting defect in defect tracking tool Quality Center.
- Used Quality Center to report application enhancements request and discussed with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Performed different types of testing like Functionality, system, regression and Retesting.
Environment: Quality Center, SQL Server, Manual Testing, Windows, MS Excel, XML