- Worked as a QA Professional for over six years in both Agile and Waterfall methodology with extensive expertise in both Manual and Automation Testing on Client server and web based applications, performing all types of testing including Unit, Integration, System (End to End), Black - box, Sanity, Smoke, Regression, Back-End, User Acceptance, Exploratory, Boundary etc.
- I am currently seeking to continue my career in the software testing industry as a QA Professional to contribute my skills and years of knowledge to the growth of the company while continuing to refine and add to my skill tree. With a Bachelor's degree in Biology and over 6 years of Software Testing I bring something truly "unique" to the table and attributes not found in an average Software Tester.
- More than Six years of professional Software Testing experience in both web and client/server applications.
- Extensive experience in both Manual & Automation Testing with a strong understanding of both Agile and Waterfall methodology gained from years of hands-on work.
- Strong knowledge in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Defect Life Cycle.
- Strong background in Waterfall, Iterative, and Agile particularly SCRUM methodologies.
- Good Knowledge in maintaining, and modifying test automation and test management tools.
- Experienced in creating Traceability Matrix to ensure comprehensive test coverage of requirements.
- Extensively experienced in the agile test driven development environment.
- Experienced in manually retesting the application for Smoke testing and Regression testing.
- Expertise in conducting and participating different Types of Testing - Integration, System, Functional, GUI, Regression, Black box, Sanity, Smoke and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Strongly familiar with HP ALM/Quality Center for defect tracking.
- Extensively experienced in Test Management using HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Expertise in database testing with strong understanding in SQL/PL SQL and databases like ORACLE, SQL Server and DB2 using MS Query and Win SQL.
- Proficient in Manual Testing methodology and using Automated Testing Tools like QTP/UFT.
- Possessed extensive knowledge with Keyword, Data Driven and Hybrid Automation Framework using QTP/UFT.
- Ability to design and develop Test scripts for Functional, Regression testing using Automated Test tools like Quick Test Professional (QTP)/UFT.
- Experienced in building and mentoring QA training teams.
- Worked with teams on automating tests utilization Selenium as the front testing tool.
- Excellent multitasking and strong analytical, planning and communication skills.
- Experienced in working in Cross Functional and Cross Organizational teams.
- Ability to work well in fast paced, dynamic team environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills with ability to work in a team as well as individually.
Technical Skills: HP Quality Center, Quick Test Professional, HP ALM, HP Unified Functional Test, Hiperstation, silk test, sourceEScript, SOAP UI, Microsoft VS, Microsoft TFS, VB Script, Macros, Xpediter, File-Aid, Oracle, DB2, SQL, Visual Source Safe, Lotus Notes (IBM Notes), Notepad ++
MS Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Share point, MS TFS, MS Visio
Testing Skills: Writing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Cases Execution, Quality Center, Black Box Testing, UAT (User Acceptance Testing), Unit Testing, Integration Tests, Functionality Testing, GUI Testing, Interface Testing, Regression TestingTools: HP Quality Center, HP Quick Test Professional, JIRA, Selenium, Hiperstation, Rational Functional Tester, Macros, HP QA Inspect, SOAP UI, WinSCP
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Test Automation Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Interacted with Business Analysts for requirements gathering and conducted review meetings for change requests for writing test cases.
- Responsible for Automation Scripts & library functions maintenance.
- Worked closely with software developers, engineers in fixing the defects.
- Sent the reports to all team members with Daily Status to track the updates in testing.
- Prepared test data and exported to a data pool in rational functional tester; carry out User acceptance testing and execution.
- Monitored project plan execution and project metrics reporting.
- Ensured the deliverables are in par with Client standards, prepared test data; carried out testing and execution.
- Designed, created and executed Regression Test scripts and suites for HP ALM.
- Coordinated with offshore team in getting an Automated Regression Scripting Test bed created for ALM.
- Worked with development and DBA teams to prepare and establish manual and automated SQL query for service module to generate report.
- Automated the test scripts for the Functional, Data Driven and Regression testing using UFT.
- Wrote and executed Complex VB scripts in UFT for creating Procedures and Functions and VBScript to use Excel data in UFT.
- Developed, maintained, and upgraded automated test scripts and architectures for testing and document management module using UFT.
- Developed Custom Functions, Dictionary Objects, used Descriptive Programming by UFT and executed Test scripts.
- Modified the Automated UFT scripts for regular release screen changes and to support regular functional changes.
- Coordinated all UAT Test activities for company’s software products including resource planning, creation and tracking of daily metrics on product quality.
- Managed UAT/pre-production quality processes.
- Facilitated the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Created Test template documentation and processes including team and project reporting metric and project status reports, training and procedural documentation for the department.
- Reviewed all issues involving quality problems conducted by QA staff.
Environment: & tools: HP ALM, HP UFT, JIRA, ASP.Net, Java Script, VB Script, PHP, Windows, Java, SQL, C, C++, C#, HTML, XML, MS Office, MS Excel, MS Visio, UNIX.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Involved in the creation of Requirement Document and Test procedure development.
- Created the Test Cases on various forms of the application.
- Performed Positive Testing and Negative Testing.
- Created and executed Test cases for various types of testing like Black-box, System, Functional, Integration, Backend, Regression and User Acceptance testing.
- Created Projects in Quality Center for utilizing Management, Dashboard, Requirements, Testing and Defects.
- Worked with Quality Center Modules for Requirements through Releases, Test Cycles, Test Plan and Test Lab test set.
- Performed Back-End validation test configuration via SQL Server.
- Created and maintained QTP automation scripts via (Keyword and Expert Views) for all product lines to automate functional regression test.
- Performed creation of automated test scripts, insertion of check points, and parameterization in QTP.
- Used data sheets to enable data driven test scripts in QTP.
- Used QTP to automate functional regression test by utilizing the Keyword view to generate modular Automation scripts.
- Executed Object Repository in QTP to enable data driven test scripts.
- Documented the project sign off and other project closure activities.
- Effectively communicated difficult/sensitive information.
- Participated in design sessions and provide feedback on requirements and design specifications.
- Maintained high customer satisfaction through the delivery of high-quality, timely, and thorough solutions to customer problems.
- Documented the Best practices and Lessons learnt. Monitored project plan execution and project metrics reporting.
Environment: & tools: MS Visio, Soap UI, .Net, Jira, JMeter, HP QTP, HP Quality Center, Java, Java Script, Oracle, SQL Server, VB Script, MS Excel, MS Office, Windows, UNIX.
Confidential, New Jersey
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Involved in writing Business Process, Testing Manual Components.
- Worked with developers and project managers to prioritize and resolve issues during testing phase.
- Performed Functionality Testing, Black Box Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Created Test cases based on business requirements for functional testing using HP Quality Center.
- Logged, tracked, and verified resolution of software specification and defects using Quality Center.
- Involved in database testing using SQL commands for testing the performance of the application.
- Inserted check points to check for text, text area and standard properties of an object using QTP.
- Conducted Functional, Integration (SIT), Smoke, Regression, and End-to-End testing manually and using Automation Tool like QTP.
- Parameterized QTP scripts for use with varied, controlled Test input values.
- Performed GUI and Smoke testing using QTP.
- Performed Cross browser testing and System testing of Online quotes functionality using QTP.
- Was responsible for liaison with business groups, development team, implementation and training team and software vendors.
- Interfaced with developers, project managers, and management in the development, execution and reporting of daily status.
Environment: & tools: QTP, Quality Center, C/C++, C#, HTML, Java, Oracle, Windows, Java Script, VB Script, .Net, PHP, Web Services, UNIX.