- Sr. QA Automation Engineer with over 8 years of experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Developing Test Strategy, Test Scenario Design, Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Execution, Test Reviews and Automation Test scripts using Selenium/Appium and Java. Diversified experience in Automation and Manual testing serving various domains such as Healthcare, Banking, Retail and Insurance .
- A dynamic and an achievement oriented Quality Analyst with over 8 years of experience in various Finance, Insurance, HealthCare and Retail domains.
- Good working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Quality Assurance Process and Methodologies.
- Experience in designing Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test cases and Test summary reports.
- Worked extensively in Agile Testing Environment (Agile/scrum model) and good expertise in attending Scrum calls, Confidential Planning, Reviews and retrospective meetings.
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks using Java, Selenium WebDriver, Grid, RC, Junit, TestNG, Maven, ANT, Jenkins tools.
- Experience in creating, modifying and maintaining new and existing Automation Framework Models (Hybrid, Keyword and Data Driven Frameworks).
- Experience in working with Test Frameworks like TestNG, JUnit. Work experience in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium Web Driver API) on Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Excellent knowledge in Core JAVA, JDBC and Web Services. Worked with eclipse, jxl, apache POI and Log 4J.
- Experience in using version control software like SVN, GitHub.
- Experience in working with Test Driven development (ATDD/BDD) by writing gherkins language in cucumber tool.
- Experience in Unit testing, Functional testing, User Acceptance Testing, Integration testing, System testing, browser compatibility testing & Security testing of client/server and web - based Applications.
- Experienced using Web-debugging tool like FirePath and Firebug for finding element locator.
- Experience in testing Web Services-SOA architecture, XML transactions, SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, and REST using various industry standard tools like SOAPUI.
- Experience in Defect Management Tracking, Establishing Test Standards, Guidelines, Procedures, Test Execution, Documenting and Analyzing Test Results. In-depth knowledge of Defect management tools and Bug Reporting Tools including Rally, Jira and Quality Center (ALM).
- Experience in writing good quality object-oriented code for testing purposes.
- Experience in writing SQL verification scripts to test the result of deployment for correct business logic for Back-end testing.
- Performed Count Validation, Dimensional Analysis, Statistical Analysis and Data Quality Validation in Data Migration.
- Experience in automating the provisioning and configuration for all of the Jenkins Continuous Integration Server including plugins, jobs, server configuration, etc.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
- Highly motivated team player with analytical, organizational and technical skills, unique ability to adapt quickly to challenges and changing environment.
Development Methodology: Agile, Waterfall, Scrum,SDLC,STLC
Automation Tool: Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium WebDriver,QTP, Selenium Grid, Cucumber and Appium
Unit Testing framework: JUnit, TestNG
Frameworks: Hybrid, Data Driven, Keyword Driven, BDD/ATDD, Page Object Model (POM)
Build /Integration Tools: Maven, Ant, Jenkins
Bug Tracking Tools: Rally, JIRA, HP Quality Centre, Bugzilla
Web Service Tool: Soap UI, Ready API, Rest Client
Programming Languages: Java, XML, HTML 5, C
Database/Database tools: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL,DB2.
Development Environment: Eclipse, JDBC
Version Control Tools: GIT, SVN, TFS
Web Debugging Tools: Xpath, Fire path, Firebug
Protocols: HTTP, HTTPS, SOAP, REST
Operating Systems: Windows (7, 8, 10), Linux, Unix, Mac
Confidential, New York city, NY
- Acted as a liaison between stakeholders, financial system users, clients and managers who have a business problem and software development team to gather requirements.
- Conducted meetings and JAD sessions with stakeholders to collect business requirements.
- Created test scenarios and reviewed them with project team members.
- Created test cases for GUI validation and backend database validation.
- Involved in Defect Reporting, Defect Tracking and in Preparation of Defect Report using Quality Center.
- Involved in writing and implementation of the Test Plans, Test Scenarios, and Test Cases in Waterfall Methodology.
- Used documentation in all aspect of content management and documentation.
- Prepared and participated in weekly status meetings, conducted walkthroughs, documented proceedings.
- Worked with the developers and the test lead to verify the Test Cases.
- Performed development integration, system integration, end to end and user acceptance testing for the data services.
- Tracked defects and measured the testing effort and the quality of the software by creating reports in MS word.
- Submitted, modified and tracked change requests using MS Excel.
Environment: Quality Center, SQL, Windows 8, Oracle 8, MS word, Waterfall.
Confidential, Memphis, TN
- Testing of new features by creating test specifications, test cases, and working closely with development and business teams.
- Performed Functional Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and Integration Testing using Black Box Testing methodologies.
- Reviewed and updated Requirements Traceability Matrices (RTM) that satisfies the entire required project's test conditions.
- Define, develop and execute automation test scripts using Java that leverage black and white box testing across functional.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Developed automated scripts using Selenium Web Driver, Java, Junit in Eclipse IDE to perform functional and regression testing for web based applications.
- Automated Database validations using open source API like Apache poi and used jxl and poi library for fetching the data from Excel.
- Written automated scripts with XPath to identify web elements such that most of the browsers can be used.
- Implemented Maven Build tool by configuring the POM file with all required Jars and maintained the POM file.
- Creating and updating Java test scripts using Selenium IDE and Selenium Web-drive.
- Implemented well-formatted Logs by using API’s Like Log4j and Reports using TestNG.
- Executed scripts on multiple browsers simultaneously using Selenium Grid.
- Implemented Test driven development (BDD) framework using cucumber tool with Gherkins Language.
- Created Features in cucumber and started automating the User stories before the development ends
- Worked closely with the product owner and scrum master to design testing Cucumber.
- Implemented Page Object Model(POM) by creating objects for each page.
- Tested REST and SOAP Services by using SOAP UI tools and Rest Clients and validated the responses against the database.
- Responsible for preparation of Test cycle/progress reports, analysis of defect metrics& implement improvement actions for next iterations.
- Involved in Defect Management, Defect Review and Defect Status Reporting.
- Identifying, logging, tracking and escalating bugs using Rally.
- Performed backend testing using SQL queries to retrieve and verify information in the database.
- Developed SQL queries to simulate data validation reports and to stage test data for ongoing testing.
- Used SQL to test Data Warehousing and Data Cleansing for the arrangement of customer data.
- Maintained QA/Test environments and assisted in build and deploy activities.
- Communicated testing status to QA lead, project managers, and teams who are involved in User Acceptance Testing.
- Manage re-architecture of Jenkins and integration with Confluence for release management and documentation.
- Developed the automation script for the mobile application by using JAVA and Appium.
- Used Appium to facilitate mobile testing by creating mobile Driver class with the required Mobile capabilities.
- Involved in web UI application over HTTP client request protocol.
- Used Appium for mobile app testing Android and iOS, Integrated Appium for distributing tests on the cloud.
- Performed Mobile Testing and Automated Mobile Simulator using Appium.
Confidential, Frederick, MD
Sr. Automation Engineer
- Interacted with Client, Product Owner and Development team to understand the User stories and Acceptance Criteria and gathered Functional and Non-Functional requirements for project release.
- Involved in Requirements gathering and reviewed Business Requirement Specification documentation and participated in preparing Test cases based on Product Backlogs.
- Involved in the Design and implementation of different Automation frameworks such as Hybrid Driven Framework, Page Object Model (POM).
- Performed Cross browser compatibility testing on Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers using TestNG Unit Testing Framework by adding different annotations.
- Involved in Regression testing using Selenium and creation of automation scripts for web pages.
- Performed Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Positive Testing, Negative Testing, GUI Testing, UAT Testing.
- Designed, developed and executed automated tests using Selenium WebDriver.
- Handled special mouse events and selected the options from the drop-down menu using Selenium Actions builder, mouse hover and synchronization.
- Designed and developed Hybrid automation framework and maintained the code in subversion (SVN) and used continuous integration tools to schedule the jobs.
- Developed automation script for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium and Java.
- Identify the Elements using Appium Inspector.
- Used Emulator and IOS simulator in physical devices for manual testing.
- Raised defects and performed tracking using RALLY and reported to developers and test manager.
- Verified the integration of various components in the application and executed end-to-end testing.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, Java 1.8, Maven, TestNG, RALLY, CSS, Oracle, SQL, Html, MS Excel, SOAP UI, HDD
- Participated in Requirement Analysis, JAD sessions and Use-Case Analysis with Business Analysts, project Leads and end users.
- Prepared test plan overview and test plan detail for different functional module.
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Scenarios and Test Data.
- Worked on Visual Basic, performed extensive data driven testing using concepts of Parameterization.
- Made recommendations to improve product reliability, performance, quality assurance best practices and processes .
- Conducted various management activities by analyzing and verifying test results and providing status reports.
- Created Traceability between Requirements and Test Cases using Quality Center.
- Validated product fixes and informed the Test Lead about any issues that may affect the schedule, or quality of the product or the testing process.
- Used HP Quality Center to report defects and test results.
- Conducted data-driven testing on pricing functionality with different data sets.
- Conducted formal bug review meetings& produced daily progress report to Business and Project Managers.
- Assisted the team lead with daily QA tasks, attended project meetings, release meetings, and QA status meetings.
Environment: QTP, Waterfall, HP Quality Center. Framework, Jenkins, POM, Appium.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Implemented and executed Test cases on different browsers concurrently by integrating Junit Framework with Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved with all types of manual testing including Functional testing, Adhoc testing, Smoke testing, Positive & Negative testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, GUI testing & Browser Compatibility testing.
- Designed and Developed Hybrid automation framework and maintained code in GitHub, used continuous integration tools like Jenkins to schedule the jobs.
- Wrote complex SQL Queries to validate the integrity of the database and tested database table data.
- Used SQL statements to extract data from the tables to validate test results in SQL server.
- Developed test related documents including Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Tested the application for Functionality and documented all pass-fail report, created modification requests, assigned modification requests to respective developers, and verified bug fixing use JIRAtest management tool.
- Tested Web Services using SOAP UI tool and Rest Client plugin for Firefox by consuming WSDL and WADL files and validated the response against the database and inserted assertions.
Environment: Selenium, Oracle, MS-Office, XML, SQL Server, HTML, GitHub, Jenkins, JIRA, Firebug, Eclipse, Hybrid, Junit, SOAP UI, RESTAPI, WSDL, WADL.