- Around 8+ years of experience in QA (Requirement Analysis, Design, Manual, DB, Selenium(Ruby/Java), QTP,QC(Quality Center),HP(ALM) and Functional Testing, Project Coordination, Client Interaction).
- Background includes analysis, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of Complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) projects.
- Experience in analyzing the Client Requirements and deriving the Test Scenarios/Conditions based on the Requirements.
- Extensively experienced in Manual, functional, system and automated testing, Working in a software development environment with Visual Basic / JAVA / VB Script.
- Complete understanding of QA methodologies. Expertise and experience in performing different kinds of testing like black box testing, white box testing, functionality testing, GUI testing, unit testing, negative testing, integration testing, backend testing, performance testing, load testing, stress testing, regression testing
- Experience in providing user training and help the business users to understand QA/UAT process and how to go ahead with it.
- Experience in designing, implementing and maintaining internationalization Test Automation Frameworks by using Ruby and Seleium
- Experience in executing automated and manual test scripts for different modules using UFT(QTP).
- Experience in implementing and maintaining Page Object Model Automation frameworks by using SELENIUM WEB DRIVER and Junit.
- Support development, testing, and operations teams during new system deployments.
- Prioritized the defects and the severity levels using Quality center and discussed with the developers to resolve the issues.
- Performed Database Verification & Validation testing using Postgresql and MongoDB databases.
- Used Firebug and Firepath (relative XPath) Tool to identify the Object's id, Name, XPath, link in the application.
- Excellent inter - personal communication skills and proven track record of academic and professional achievements.
- Experience in MongoDB and Hadoop Ecosystems HDFS, Map Reduce, Hive, Pig, HBase, Sqoop.
- Experience working with JAVA J2EE, JDBC, ODBC, JSP, Java Eclipse, Java Beans, EJB, Servlets. Experience in using IDEs like Eclipse, Net Beans and Maven.
- Development experience in DBMS like Oracle, MS SQL Server, Teradata and MYSQL.
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing, including Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL)Processes.
- Hands on experience on writing Queries, Stored procedures, Functions and Triggers by using SQL.
- Completed m101j Mongo DB for java developers from MongoDB University
- Evaluate and propose new tools and technologies to meet the needs of the organization.
- Experience with distributed systems, large-scale non-relational data stores, RDBMS, NoSQL map-reduce systems, data modeling, database performance, and multi-terabyte data warehouses.
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (Requirements Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Deployment and Support).
- Experience working on Agile /Scrum /Kanban projects.
- An excellent team player and self-starter with good communication skills and proven abilities to finish tasks before target deadlines.
Data Bases: MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012, MY SQL, Oracle 9i/10g, MS access, Teradata TeradataV2R5,Hadoop,PostgreSQL,MongoDB,Hive,Pig
Languages: Languages Java JDK1.4 1.5 1.6 (JDK 5 JDK 6), C/C++, SQL, Teradata SQL, Ruby, PL/SQL, JSON,Cucumber
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2000/2003/2008, Windows XP/Vista, Mac OS, UNIX, LINUX
Java Technologies: Servlets, JavaBeans, JDBC, JNDI, JTA, JPA
Frame Works: Jakarta Struts 1.1, JUnit and JTest, LDAP.
IDE s & Utilities: Eclipse, Maven, NetBeans,Ruby Mine
SQL Server Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyser, Profiler, Export & Import (DTS).
Web Dev. Technologies: ASP.NET, HTML,XML,Angular JS
Case Tools: Bugzilla, Quality Center, HP ALM, Test LinkAutomation Testing: QTP 11.0,Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver
Testing Methodologies: Agile, Kanban, V-Model, Waterfall
Confidential, Richmond, VA
QA and Automation Engineer
- Designing Automation framework (ATDD) using Selenium Web Driver and Ruby, Cucumber for Browsers and Mobile Devices.
- Responsible for performing and leading the integration, system, regression, Accessibility testing of software for both manual and automated test execution
- Responsible for partnering with project/product management for resource ramp up/ramp down, identifying resources/skills, resource allocation, task assignment/delegation as part of agile delivery
- Maintaining schedules and coordinating activities for project efforts while maintaining high quality execution; identifying task dependencies, test schedules, utilization of test environments
- Tested the Redemption feature for US (English and Española) and Canada (English and French) customers
- Ensuring that test deliverables are prepared per enterprise guidelines; monitoring the completion of tasks within time and cost constraints and that technical and functional objectives are met.
- Experience in preparing UAT Production Release document
- Interacted with the product delivery team and participated in product requirement/design reviews to provide input on completeness of functional requirements, product designs, and schedules
- Provide a practical approach to complex product testing, specifically in the areas of the automation of test cases.
- Prepare re-usable functions, which improve the code re-usability, and maintainability
- Identified interdependencies, ambiguities or omissions, and make suggestions to improve requirements and ensure usability/testability
- Reviewed software documentation like TOSSG to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, with focus to mitigate risks
- Plan test schedules in accordance with project scope and delivery expectations
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, and/or procedures to determine product quality or release readiness
- Analyze test requirements to determine automation scenarios, test cases, test scripts, and test data
- Coached and mentored local team members on automation processes, concepts and best practices.
- Experience in helping the team in PostgreSQL, Mongo DB, Hive, Pig, Angular JS, Java Development work
- Implemented automation scripts on Sauce labs
- Modified and Executed automated and manual test scripts for different modules using QTP.
- Involved in maintaining and uploading the QTP/UFT Scripts to Quality Center.
- Executed the tests to verify the web GUI using Selenium and Quick Test Pro
- Experience in leading continuous integration/deployment processes
- Support continuous integration/deployment (Jenkins, Hudson,
- Automate builds in support of continuous integration and build processes
- Solid understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery concepts
- Knowledge of Restful API development and testing, and SOAP
- Experience with a variety of test tools and software testing practices, including developing, implementing, maintaining and managing manual/automated testing systems and environments
- Experience assessing risk for determining appropriate levels of testing
- Strong collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to handle multiple large projects simultaneously.
Environment: Ruby/Java/Selenium, QTP,UFT, ALM,QC, GitHub, Version One, SVN, Maven, Hudson, Jenkins-CI/CD, Cucumber, testing frameworks, Hive, Pig, Saucelabs, Appium, AppliTools, Mac, Angular JS, Mobile development
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
- Analysing and review business requirement and system requirements
- Create High Level and Detailed Level designing of test scenarios based on business requirements
- Writing test cases according to the business specifications
- Reviewing test scenarios with business, developer, client and other stakeholders
- Identifying data required for execution and risk involved.
- Uploading Test Cases to QC, Executing scenarios and validating, updating status in QC for test cases
- Used Selenium IDE to locate the Objects and used the locator in scripts
- Designing Automation framework using Selenium Web Driver
- Developed test scripts to automate process of testing in Selenium WebDriver
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using Java Programming language
- Responsible for Test Execution and Reports test result anomalies using HP quality Center to different development vendors, Infrastructure, design team and follows up defect till to get fix as per specification.
- Executed automated Selenium Scripts and reproduced failures
- Automated the functionality and interface testing of application using Quick Test Professional(UFT)
- Used checkpoints to check properties of various objects using QuickTest Professional.(UFT)
- Executing Automation scripts for Sanity testing and sending results to stake holders
- Coordinating with Offshore team and assigning task.
- Setting up the calls to discuss blockage and find out the path forward
- Sending defect report to the stakeholders
- Attending calls and updating status on DTV.
- Defect analysis and finding out the root cause and creating mitigation plans
- Performing defect triaging, analysing defect, performing RCA on production defects
- Updating product catalogue and transaction table on production issues
- Validating fixes before deploying on production
- Took an active role in adoption of open source tool and in development of automation testing Framework using Selenium Web driver and Java programming language .
- Involved in scrum meetings with development team to provide daily status update on the issues.
- Participate in the Change Control Board to identify the quality implications of known bugs and the impact of proposed changes to product definition on the testing process.
Environment: Selenium, QTP,UFT,Java, Eclipse, Jira, Quick Test Professional 11 UFT, Oracle 11i, MS Office, Toad, Agile
- Involved in the agile development process, working closely with the team members to complete the set sprint assignments and meet production goals.
- Implemented data driven framework for TMS Legacy Systems.
- Collaborated with Manual QA Team to identify set of test scenarios to automate.
- Created automation test suites for smoke and regression testing with various data source, environment variables and configuration files.
- Tracked issues found, in defect management system (Jira).
- Created and executed SQL to validate and manipulate the data.
- A core member of the team who developed the regression test suite for automation.
- Working knowledge in scripting languages like VB Script and Java Script.
- Involved in designing, implementing and maintaining of Test Automation Frameworks by using Quick Test Professional tool for the web based applications.
- Involved in development and execution of test scenarios, test cases & test scripts by reviewing the business requirements document, and technical specifications document.
- Involved in development and testing of SharePoint workflows.
- Created test plans and test cases for testing this application in IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari.
- Documented test cases corresponding to business rules and other operating conditions.
- Prepare status summary reports with details of executed, passed and failed test cases.
- Participated in setting up the data for integration and end-to-end testing.
- Analyzed the application for Automation Framework Implementation.
- Working knowledge in scripting languages, VB Script.
- Responsible for sending regular test reports to the management.
- Involved in installation and configuration of the SharePoint Server 2010 along with office 2010, SQL Server 2008.
- Used share point Designer 2010 for integrating external data into any Share point solutions.
- Used Share Point Designer 2010 for branding and customizing of Share Point 2010 Master Pages.
- Worked with WSS object model for site collection organization and list manipulation.
- Used SQL to query data for SSRS reports.
- Gathered business requirements, system functional specifications and analyzed the documents from both technical and business perspectives.
- Identified all the functional objects to be tested in the application.
- Tested Web Application using Soap UI Pro tool for validation and response in XML.
Environment: Mercury Quality Center 10.0, VB Script, Soup UI Pro, QTP, UFT,SQL Server, .NET 4.5.1, UNIX.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Role & Responsibilities:
- Analyzed and Reviewed the Business requirement document and Use Case Document and performed black box testing.
- Actively involved in writing test cases, test scenarios and test matrix (traceability matrix).
- Wrote test cases based on the requirements and conducted Smoke, Regression, Functional, System, User Acceptance and Browser Compatibility Testing.
- Involved in Regression testing on each build during the various phases of the application.
- Used Quality Center for requirement analysis, scheduling and generating test cases.
- Wrote Test Cases using MS Excel, executed test cases and record the actual results from testing, to compare with expected results.
- Created Test Metrics on a daily basis comprising of the number of Test Scripts Passed, Failed, and Not Complete.
- Reported defects using JIRA and also verified fixes and closed bugs during regression testing.
- SQL Queries for backend testing to check the data integrity and data consistency.
Environment: Front End.Net 4, C#, Back End SQL Server, JIRA