- Over 8 years of Total IT experience in Java Development, Quality Assurance in Manual Testing, Automated Testing, and Database testing on Web based application and Client/Server based applications.
- Exposure to all stages of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), Software Test Life Cycle (STLC) and software development methodologies such as Agile, V Model, Waterfall and SCRUM.
- Experienced working in Health, Banking and Telecom domains.
- Experience in working with open source tools Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, and Selenium Web Driver), JUnit, Eclipse and preparation of automation test framework.
- Expertise in both manual and automation testing of Web services.
- Designed and developed Automation Frameworks like Keyword Driven, Hybrid driven and BDD
- Developed Scenarios, Features and Step definitions using Cucumber and developed a BDD framework.
- Experience in developing in Core java programming using OOPS concepts.
- Good Expertise in Schedule jobs via Jenkins (Continuous Delivery) and Continuous Integration for automating the build and deploy processes allowing significant increase in test automation. Monitoring the jobs scheduled jobs
- Expertise in exporting JUNIT scripts from Selenium IDE to Eclipse JUNIT Test Suites, Creating new JUNIT test cases, modifying the selenese scripts and writing test suites using JUNIT.
- Automated android and ios mobile applications using API’s like Appium
- Good Experience in unit testing/White box testing the code developed by the developers
- Experience in developing and understanding of HTML, XML, CSS and Good Experience in JQuery, Java script
- Good Experience in using Configuration management tools like Sub Version, Team Foundation Server (TFS), GitHub, and Build management tools like MAVEN.
- Worked very closely with theDevops team in Agile methodology for deploying and building the Automation Scripts in Continuous integration
- Worked extensively on Agile Projects and hands on experience in creating task for sprint in Rally and attended Sprint Planning, Scrums, Sprint Review meetings.
- Experience in working with Test Management/Bug Tracking tools like HP ALM/Quality Center/Rally/JIRA, to track test execution progress and prioritize bug fixes.
- Good knowledge on designing and executing Automated Tests for Data Driven Testing.
- Experience in developing manual and automated Test scripts and test cases based on the client provided BRD, FRS and SRS.
- Excellent knowledge on Business Process Management and CMMI Levels Understanding.
- Extensive experience on SOAP and REST web services testing.
- Good experience in Web Services testing using SOAPUI, XML, & WSDL. Providing required input data to request XML & get the required data from response XML & use the response data from another request XML using SOAPUI.
- Expertise in Functional, Integration and System testing (software testing).
- Expertise in writing SQL Queries, SQL *PLUS, PLSQL stored procedures for databases like Oracle, MySQL, DB2 on UNIX as well as Windows platforms.
- Proficient in executing test scripts both manually and using Quality Center.
- Proficient performing different kinds of testing like Smoke, Sanity, Functional, GUI, Backend, White Box, Parallel Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing & UAT.
- Well versed with Quick Test professional (QTP) to support test automation using potential features like Data Driven Tests, Check points, regular expressions and functions.
- Experience in defect tracking system and bug life cycle using Test Director, HP Quality Center.
- Strong exposure testing applications on different browsers - IE 6.0, 7.0, Firefox, Safari 3x.
- Good Analytical and Communication Skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and perform as part of a team. Ability to work under competing deadlines.
Platforms: Windows 8/7/Vista/XP,UNIX
Database: Oracle 10g, SQL Plus.
Bug Tracking: JIRA, Bugzilla, QC, CA Rally
Web/Technologies: HTML, XML, CSS, Xpath, Firebug, Java, J2EE, Jenkins (CI)
Tool: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium IDE, HP QTP 11.0,Quality Center/ ALM 11, Load Runner, Cucumber, Jmeter, Junit.
Browsers: MS Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera.
Build Tool: Ant, Maven
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC
Types of testing: Manual Testing, UI Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Black Box Testing
Confidential, Indiana, Indianapolis
SDET/ Sr. Automation Engineer
- Involved in various meetings with Business analysts and developers for Transamerica Retirement project. Assessed & analyzed user stories, Business Requirements (BRD), Functional Requirements (FRD) and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings.
- Conducted UI testing, Functional testing, Regression Testing and verified the results with expected results using Traceability Matrix. Involved in the usage of BDD framework with Cucumber Step Definition, Scenarios and Features for UAT testing. Implementation of ATDD technical practices (e.g. Automated testing, TDD, continuous integration) create a robust/reliable /repeatable automation test bed.
- Implemented BDD framework first time in the organization by writing features files, step definitions and closely worked with the Product owner using cucumber. Used cucumber annotations for implementing the automation for feature files.
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and features for BDD (Behavior Driven Development), ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) using Cucumber. Experience in expanding BDD Scenarios in cucumber using Gherkin Language.
- Developed test plans, test strategies, Requirements Traceability Matrix, test coverage, test cases, and test scripts for testing the applications.
- Managed the traceability between requirements and test cases.
- Involved in updating the Use cases and prepared the test scenarios.
- Used ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven development) approach to write feature files using Gherkin format. Implemented Test driven development (ATDD and BDD) framework using cucumber tool with Gherkins Language. Served as coordinator for all testing activities during the project.
- Designed Test Suite, Test Cases, and Test Scenarios for functional modules. Implemented Page Object Model(POM) by creating objects for each page.
- Developed Test Scripts, Test Cases and Test Data as per business requirements and automated them using Selenium.
- Performed Cross browser compatibility testing on Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers using TestNG. Created automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven (for dependencies) and used Jenkins to execute these scripts periodically. Expertise in grouping of test suites, test cases and test methods for regression and functional testing using TestNG Annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider and Tags. Expertise in using various TestNG Annotations to set priorities to the test cases.
- Executed the test plans on web and mobile (IOS & Android) as per requirements using Appium.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, Ant tool and created selenium automation scripts in Ruby using Junit prior to agile release.
- Coordinated with developers in writing test plans and test cases for automated testing procedures using selenium and protractor.
- Written automation test scripts for angular JS application using protractor and Java-script
- Performed Selenium Synchronization using Explicit & Implicit waits. Executed test cases relating to mouse even using Actions class to perform required operations. Experience in handling pop-ups and alerts using selenium automation.
- Involved in developing the automation script for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium, Java.
- Found hidden elements using XPath, CSS and window classes. Handled multiple I-frames and framesets to switch between/navigate through and performed necessary actions on the web elements.
- Executed test cases and participated actively in System Testing, UAT and Regression Testing.
- Performed Smoke testing and Ad-hoc testing when required. Found Defects, prepared Defect Reports and Status Reports, performed Bug Triage, Defect tracking using JIRA. Analyzed bugs and involved in quality assurance reviews with the team to ensure bugs are reported and closed. Shared Daily Status Reports with all the team members, Team Leads, Managers and Clients.
- Logged and tracked to verify the resolutions of software and its specification defects. Performed testing on Web Services using WSDL and SOAPUI to check the communication between different services.
- Executed parallel test cases on Android device and on various android emulators. Developed test plans and test cases for the mobile apps.
- Involved in developing the automation script for Mobile Native applications using Appium, Java.
- Located the elements of mobile using UI Automator.
- Used emulators and IOS simulators to perform the manual Mobile Testing.
- Developed scripts for Mobile UI Testing using Appium for all the applications for android and IOS.
- Designed and developed automated scripts which involved Functional Regression, Integration test cases using Appium.
- Used Firebug/ IE Developer Toolkit and Selenium IDE to capture and validate CSS Locators, html Ids to identify elements.
- Used TestNG framework, covering several types of test designs like a unit test, functional test, end to end test, UI test and integration test.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, AGILE, Appium, Cucumber, Java, Eclipse, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, SQL, JIRA, SoapUI, Protractor.
Confidential, Irwin, PA
SDET/ Automation Engineer
- Analyzed the system requirements and developed detailed test plans and test cases and provided the documentation. Collaborated with product management teams in an agile environment to develop a comprehensive set of tests for web-based applications.
- Involved in complex test cases dealing with Business rules, under writing issues and validations.
- Involved in test cases related to quote screens and rating behavior.
- Tested the behavioral changes in modifiers according to question sets response.
- Studied and analyzed the Functional Requirements Specifications and System Design Specifications and interacted with developers for changes in requirements if any.
- Developing Test plan of the application as per technical specifications.
- Involved in writing Unit and Regression Test cases for the Product.
- Involved in setting up the automation framework using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG.
- Involved in automation testing using Java and selenium.
- Extensively used cucumber and feature files for implementing the BDD framework.
- Worked on developing Java code for automation process.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and created selenium automation scripts in java.
- Developed Automation framework both Data driven and Hybrid using Selenium WebDriver in Java and performing unit testing by using TestNG.
- Creating and maintaining various databases using SQL Server 2005/2000.
- Prepared manual test cases for service appointment creation, modification and deletion.
- Created automated test scripts for validating the nightly product builds and regression testing.
- Maintained Defects using Defect Tracking System in Jira.
- Participated in various meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues.
- Performed all test assignments to ensure the application meets business requirements and client expectations.
- Interacted with developers & various members of project team to discuss and resolve defects and to determine their priorities.
- Summarize test results in formula test analysis reports according to the documentation standards.
- Involved in testing Web services (SOAP and REST) and XML with tool called 'SOAP UI' for the local WSDL / with URL and created Test cases, run them, do load testing, security testing.
- Handled various operations like pop-ups, Web-Alerts, Java-Alerts, iframes, windows-handling and utilized Select class and Action class for required operations.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java,TestNG, SQL, Apache POI, Maven, Log4j, JDBC, Eclipse, Web Services, SOAP UI, Restful, SOAPUI, iPhone, iPad, Android, HTML, CSS, JIRA, Oracle11g, MSWord, MS Excel, PL/SQL Developer, Windows 7.
Confidential, New York
- Deduced requirements from business to determine functional specifications leading to concrete implementation requirements.
- Served as a liaison between business, application team and technical team
- Reviewed the requirements and use case diagrams to write Test Cases/ Test plan that would test various scenarios.
- Create test plan and test cases for manual and automated testing from business requirements to match the project’s initiatives.
- Used Keyword driven, Page Object Model, Data Driven using CSS Selectors as a part of Framework.
- Helped Automation engineers in writing the code and solved technical issues
- Experience in parallel testing using Selenium Web Driver.
- Worked on Agile (Scrum) project methodology.
- Perform Selenium automation using Selenium Web Driver and Selenium IDE
- Test the web modules flow and improve the script performance using Selenium find elements.
- Tested Service Oriented Architecture application using Soap UI.
- Performed Integration and Regression tests to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities of the application.
- Extensively used Selenium APIs such as taking a Screenshot for Capturing Failed test cases, select for selecting multiple values from list, Action for various key and mouse event, by with different Locators (xpath, CSS, id, Link text).
- Wrote SQL queries extensively, queried database and generated test reports.
- Performed Defect Tracking & Management in Rally.
- Supported production install and served for project issues in the capacity of a Lead Analyst.
- Involved in Unit Testing the code and provided the feedback to the developers.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, Junit, BugZilla, HTML, CSS, TestNG, MS Office, Jenkins, SQL, XPath, SOAP UI, Windows.