- 6+ years of experience in the field of software testing with good exposure in Quality Assurance and Testing process along with Automation Tools Expertise.
- Designed & Developed Selenium WebDriver automation suite using Java and C# bindings. Well versed in using QTP/UFT for quality control management.
- Extensive Knowledge of Quality Assurance standards, methodologies and strategies with better understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience in SQA (Software Quality Assurance) including Manual and Automated testing with tools such as Selenium, HP Quick Test Professional, Quality Center, Junit/TestNG, JIRA, and SOAPUI.
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks using Java, Junit, Selenium Web Driver, ANT/Maven, Hudson/Jenkins and TestNG.
- Experience in appium tool for mobile testing In Android,IOS and other Mobile applications.
- Strong experience in cross browser, cross platform web testing with Selenium Grid.
- Experience with Code Version Control systems like GIT, SVN.
- Experience in SQL Server DTS and SSIS (Integration Service) package design, constructing, and deployment
- Proficient in using Mercury’s Test Management tool Test Director and QC for Requirements Management, Test case Management and execution, Defect Tracking and Reporting.
- Experience in GUI testing, Functionality testing, Smoke testing, Regression Testing, Integration testing, Performance testing, Stress testing.
- Experience of using testing tools like Quality Center, Microsoft Test Manager(MTM), Visual Studio Team Foundation Server.
- Extensive experience in designing Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts and Test reports of manual and automated tests.
- Working knowledge of REST/ SOAP Services testing with SOAP UI.
- Working knowledge of implementing software development projects using methodologies such as Waterfall, Rational Unified Process, Agile /Scrum.
- Good programming skills in Java, VB, SQL, Oracle PL/SQL and experience with SQL Server and Oracle Databases.
- Good exposure to various bug tracking tools, such as BUGZILLA, JIRA, etc.
- Specialized in user requirement analysis, documenting test plans, execution of test cases to verify application functionality against business requirements, by using Web Driver Selenium.
- Possess excellent communication skills along with verbal and written skills.
- Efficient and accurate in work. Keen to learn new skills and enjoy working as part of team.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Junit, QTP, JMeter, Load Runner, Mercury - Quality Center, Cucumber, Jbehave
Defect Tracking Tools: ClearQuest, BugZilla, Jira
Front End Tools: Adobe Photoshop, MS Excel, MS Office, MS Project
Languages: C, SQL, Core Java, Shell script, Perl, VB Script, Java script
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, DHTML
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins/Hudson
Database: Oracle 11g/10g, DB2, SQL Server, MySQL
Operating System: MS-Windows 95/98/XP/Vista/7, MS-Windows 2000/03, MS-DOS, Unix
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
- Reviewed the Business Requirement Specification (BRS) and Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) with the business and development team to understand the architecture and functionality of the application.
- Participated in daily Scrum meetings to update team with work that was completed last 24 hours, work planned for next 24 hours and any impediments that are blocking the work.
- Developed test plans, test cases based on functional specifications and design documents.
- Created Test Cases, Test Scripts as per the design documents (both Functional and Technical Designs) Worked closely with Scrum Master to assign tasks in Rally.
- Performed sanity test, ad hoc test, exploratory test and smoke test.
- Worked in development methods like TDD, ATDD and BDD.
- Used Hybrid framework and Cucumber-JVM frameworks.
- Developed test scripts using Java as a programming language with implementation of OOP concepts.
- Developed the scripts under page object model and implemented on TestNG framework.
- Performed functional and regression test with selenium web driver.
- Implemented Maven projects and performed continuous integration with Jenkins.
- Implemented Page Objects, Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid automation frameworks using Selenium
- Worked under BDD framework with cucumber-JVM in Selenium Web Driver.
- Maintain Code versions through GIT.
- Performed backend testing implementing JDBC in selenium web driver.
- Implemented Jmeter scripts to know the performance of the application under all circumstances.
- Experience in performing alpha and beta testing and involved in deployment.
- Developed Automation Frame works and all automation scripts using Descriptive Programming.
- Involved in testing the XML feeds using Java scripts to parse the JDA and XML feeds.
- Presented and provided techincal solutions for business requirement at organisation level.
Environment: Java, Agile, SQL, JDBC, Oracle,GIT, JDA, SoapUI, JSON, XML, CSS, HTML, Eclipse, Jmeter, Selenium Web Driver.
Confidential, Austin, TX
QA Automation and Manual Testing Engineer
- Worked in the agile environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Prepared Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases based on functional specifications and user requirements.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using Java programming language and Junit Framework.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver, Junit functions and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse IDE and Junit framework.
- Used Java language and Junit framework for Automation scripting.
- Used Maven for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Implemented Page Object Model Automation framework with Java, Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber.
- Performed integration of test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Designed test cases based on the use-cases and the complex business logic defined for each web-service or a message.
- Performed the test plans on web and mobile (Apple & Android) as per requirements.
- Experience in load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- Designed and Developed UAT Regression automation script and Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium and WebDriver.
- Created the test data and request for the test data dependent with the other applications to be used in the testing activities for the current release.
- Created Data Driven scripts for adding multiple customers, checking online accounts, user interface validations, reports management, etc.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Utilized various test tools for automation of test cases Generate test reports and performed extensive Web Services testing using SOAP UI.
- Validated the test results and open defects in ALM tools.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Performed Smoke, Functionality, Integration, System, Regression tests based on Analysis, and understanding of the requirements, non-functional specifications, and end-user needs.
- Prepared test cases, test data and test responsibility matrices for the application under test.
- Executed Test Cases recorded in HP Quality Center manually to test the application for its functionality, system integration and verify the Exit Criteria.
- Implemented and worked on Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) agile methodologies completing releases ahead of schedule.
- Performed Back-End Testing, database table manipulations of relational database systems by writing complex SQL queries manually.
- Lead walk-through, inspection, review and user group meetings for quality assurance with BAs, SMEs and Developers.
Environment: s: Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Cucumber, SOAP UI, JMeter, Maven, Junit, Quality Center, Eclipse, XPATH, Java, HTML, CSS, agile, SQL, Android, Oracle and Windows.
Confidential, Wilsonville, OR
- Involved extensively in Preparation & Execution of Test Cases.
- Designed and developed SQL scripts as part of the ETL process, automate the process of loading, pulling the data.
- Created test plans to tackle new features, as well as test cases for issues found in regression testing.
- Prepared detailed test plans and test cases which specify testing overview and testing approach depending on the Business and Technical requirements.
- Used SQL for data integrity testing, captured the SQL statements from the application execution and manually checked the results.
- Performed Data-Driven Tests by passing different sets of data and checked weather the information entered is updated into the database.
- Performed various black box testing Methodologies Like functional testing and Regression Testing.
- Validated the XML request and response using SOAPUI.
- Performed Backend Testing on the Web-based application using SQL Queries on Oracle database.
- Wrote SQL (Toad) queries to check whether correct information was retrieved from the database.
- Developed and executed SQL queries in the database to conduct Data integrity testing by checking the data tables on the server.
- Effectively participated in every day agile scrum stand-up meetings and participated in Iteration planning and retrospective meetings.
- Worked with other teams to ensure seamless data transmission among the many layers within the system.
- Attended project meetings, release meetings, and QA status meetings.
Environment: Java, Eclipse, CSS, Oracle, Firebug, Agile, HTML, SOAPUI, UNIX, XML.
- Developed custom QTP function libraries (like Object Oriented Functions, Database Functions, and Utilities etc.) These functions are application independent and platform independent that can be used across multiple projects.
- Analyzed and updated business requirements, use cases using TEAM FOUNDATION (Source Control), wrote and implemented the Test Plan, various Test cases and Test Scripts in VBScript to test various functionalities using the automated tool QTP and also wrote manual Test Cases using Quality Center according to functional documents and requirements.
- Execution of smoke tests on each build using QTP and reporting the results to management.
- Performed integration testing & data validations using QTP for various interfaces.
- Followed up with standard software testing life cycle (STLC ) to perform different types of testing for the projects.
- Parameterized test scripts in QTP to pass data from different data sources like Excel spreadsheets, XML files and database.
- Developed utility scripts in QTP to export data from different database tables to Excel.
- Developed, modified and debugged scripts in Automation frame work using QTP for future release.
- Experience in the Waterfall/Agile methodology.
- Involved in writing and making enhancements to the test plan, test cases and test scripts for Functional testing.
- Participated in Planning and daily standup meetings as part of the agile team; attended grooming session and Retrospectives.
- Performed Smoke testing, Sanity testing , Functional testing, Cross-Browser testing, Regression testing, Manual and Automated testing .
- Tested various HTTP Request and Response API s using object-oriented scripts.
- Used TOAD for SQL queries and data validation
- Attended Bug Meetings and also meetings with the QA Leads, Managers and Developers for query resolution.
Environment: QTP 9, Quality center 9.0, Windows, Linux, Java, Tomcat, XML, HTML, Junit, Agile Methodology, Team foundation server,Manual Testing.
QA Manual Tester
- Prepared Test Plan and Test Cases based on the business and functional specifications.
- Analyzed code to performed white box testing.
- Coordinated and worked closely with business analysts and stake holders during gathering requirements for the product and documented test cases.
- Reviewed and implemented Business Requirement Documents.
- Reviewed the test cases written for Unit and Integration level.
- Analyzed test specifications and converted them into Manual Test Cases.
- Expertise of testing the application developed using various mobile technologies including J2ME, Blackberry, Android, Symbian, .Net Technology etc.
- Attended Weekly Status Meetings, discussed and interacted with team members.
- Performed End to End Testing and involved in User Acceptance Testing.
- Performed Security Testing (Authorization Testing, Access Control Testing).
- Worked on SQL statements in checking the validity of the Backend.
Environment: Manual testing, Mobile Testing, Quality Center, JAVA, XML, HTML, PeopleSoft HRMS, MS SQL Server 2005/2000, SQL, Android, UNIX and Windows.