- Senior QA Tester with 6+ years of experience in both manual and automation testing with tools Selenium RC/Web Driver/IDE/Grid, Junit/TestNG, Quality Center, HP ALM, JIRA, Jenkins, maven, CUCUMBER, Fire path, Firebug.
- Specialized in Test Planning, Test Case Design, Test Environment Setup, Test Data Setup, Defect Management, Test Log, Test Results, Test Traceability Matrix, Test Automation, UAT using Selenium.
- Expertise in creating Bug Reports using tools like Quality Center & SOAP - UI.
- Experience in working with Agile, RUP, SCRUM, and Waterfall testing methodologies, Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC), STLC and the roles of Quality Assurance.
- Good experience in GUI, Regression, Functional, System Integration Testing, Sanity, Security, System and Database Testing using Selenium, extensively used Black box testing techniques.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, CUCUMBER, Selenium Grid using Core Java for developing automation scripts in Eclipse IDE.
- Very good experience in using Automated Tools Selenium and QTP in Client Server, Web-Based and Database applications.
- Well skilled with various testing methodologies, testing types, testing techniques and Quality Work Products. Also, specialized in documenting defects in detail using JIRA.
- Expertise in working knowledge of Core Java Object Oriented Programming concepts.
- Expert in automation script development using different automation tools like Selenium WebDriver (Eclipse, Java, Python and JUnit). Detailed knowledge in creating Xpath to find dynamic objects.
- Experienced in converting existing QTP Script to Selenium Web Driver Script for multiple browser support. Hands on experience in working with TDD and BDD environments.
- Experienced in designing customized hybrid framework (Keyword Driven & Data Driven) using Selenium Web Driver, Java, Python and TestNG.
- Design and Execute test cases for Smoke testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, Integration testing and End to end system testing, Cross browser testing using HP ALM .
- Highly experienced in coordinating with multiple teams, defects triaging, data management and assisting UAT test team.
- Expertise in oracle table data manipulation using SQL quires and UNIX commands
- Experience in SQL scripting and exposure in understanding stored procedures and involved in study of Database Design process. Performed Back End Testing using SQL Quires.
- Experienced in Back-End Testing to ensure data consistency on Front-End by writing and executing SQL Queries.
- Proficient in formulating test plan and Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Strongly committed to timelines for deliverables, accuracy and quality of assignments.
- Excellent in analytical, communication, documentation, presentation and interpersonal skills. Good team player with the ability to manage and work independently in a time sensitive environment.
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, Python
Testing Tools: QTP, Web Services, SOAP UI, API, JMeter, TestNG, JUnit
Automation Tools: Selenium Web Driver/RC/IDE/GRID, HP QUALITY CENTER, CUCUMBER, UFT/QTP, Load Runner
Database Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, MySQL.
Bug Tracking& Reporting: JIRA, Bugzilla, HP ALM, TFS, REST, Eclipse
Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, Linux.
Other Skills: MS-Office Suite (word, Excel, Power point), SharePoint.
Confidential, Norfolk, VA
Quality Assurance Tester
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents and extracted use cases required for performing automation out of it.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Apache POI and Ant technologies under Java platform.
- Used ANT to build and run the Selenium automation framework. Once the script got over, framework used to send the automation reports over email.
- Authored and Executed Automation and Manual Test Cases for Functional testing of various modules of the application. Involved in Functional Testing, UFT, Integration Testing, UAT, System Testing.
- Involved in QA team meetings and gave updates to the QA lead/Project Manager on a weekly basis.
- Reported the defects to JIRA in timely manner and followed up with the developer’s team and drive it to closure. Created UAT cases to validate the quality of the application.
- Created Automation script using Python, Selenium WebDriver & SOAP-UI. Executed scripts on different browser and different platform. Also, reviewed the test scripts written by peers.
- Identify record, track and prioritize defects within the integration and stage environments.
- Implemented Data Driven Test scripts using Selenium RC Java (Junit) and Python.
- Involved in the Continuous Integration of the automation framework with Jenkins.
- Created XML based test suit and integrated with Jenkins Server to execute automation scripts on a regular basis by scheduling Jenkins jobs in different test environments with different test configurations.
- Setup the automation frame work using Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Java, TestNG.
- Enhancement of framework using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Apache POI API, Maven, JMeter. Used Maven to configure the dependencies and to run framework.
- Worked on Data Driven Framework and Page Object for Automation test scripts.
- Participated in Stand-up meeting, walkthrough meeting, and weekly automation meeting with all other QA, weekly assessment meetings with developers.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Jenkins, Maven, Python, RESTful services, TestNG, Eclipse, SoapUI, HTML, XML, Windows, FireBug, FirePath, JIRA, SVN, VBScript, Visual Studio.
Confidential, Northville, MI
SDET Quality Assurance Engineer
- Reported the testing progress to the Project Manager and other designated project personnel.
- Worked on Hybrid Automation Framework using Web Driver, Eclipse, TestNG and Java in Windows platform to cut down regression testing time.
- Executed manual scripts and participated in UAT activities.
- Manage defect process, analysis, and assignment and report and verify all bugs
- Modify Updating of Automation scripts and execution of multiple browsers.
- Performed cross Browser compatibility testing on different Operating Systems using Selenium WebDriver.
- Scripting the test cases for regression using Selenium WebDriver using Java
- Performed UAT testing with end users by executing regression scripts and make sure the requirements are met.
- Worked with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) for providing comprehensive reporting functionality for variety of data sources. Designed, deployed and maintained of various SSRS reports.
- Created test scripts in Selenium and enhanced those scripts using Java API and Test NG.
- Interact with end users to obtain specific system requirements and develop Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scenarios. Experienced working on TFS and MTM.
- Track and manage all sprint & project related issues, enhancement fixes using JIRA.
- Worked closely with developers to verify functionality of the application.
- Involved in analyzing Test Results & Identify bugs and reporting to the developers using HP ALM
- Designed & Implemented a Hybrid Test Automation Framework (Data + Keyword) using Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber.
- Used Selenium Grid to execute parallel tests on multiple browsers - IE, Chrome, Firefox & Safari
- Extensively used Selenium (data-driven, XPath locator) and Web Driver to test the web applications
- Reviewed test results, issues and defects related to business units
- Identified, analyzed, and documented defects utilizing JIRA as a defect tracking system
- Coordinate with Test Coordination Center to set up and follow up on daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Attended Weekly status meeting in reporting and provided a weekly report that includes test metrics consisting of status reports.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Java, TestNG, JIRA, Eclipse, IE, SQL, Quality Center Firefox, Agile Methodology, Selenium, Appium, SOAP UI, Test Track Pro, Visual Studio, JSON, T-SQL, HTML, XML.
Confidential, Louisville, KY
QA Analyst/ Manual Testing
- Preparing and executing test cases for functional, integration, UAT and regression testing.
- Performing end-to-end testing, integration testing, UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and regression testing and Validate test results used various SQL features such as Group By, joins to retrieve the expected results from different tables and compare the same against front end results.
- Prepared Test Data and executed Test Cases from Quality center.
- Imported test cases from MS Excel, MS Word to Quality center.
- Functionally validated Web Services delivered in SOAP XML format as provided in specification document
- Web, custom built front-end entry applications, interfaces with external clients.
- Participated in conducting System testing, Usability, Integration and End to End testing manually.
- Interacted with developers to report and track bugs using Quality center.
- Innovative knowledge in Test Case Design, Test Tool Usage, Test Execution. Hands-on experience in Manual Testing covering system, System Integration and Data Quality Testing
- Quality center was used to create the test plan, store test cases and run the test sets.
- Generated various reports and graphs from Quality center and analyzed the testing process overview.
- Prioritize testing priorities based on business risk, Access testing assets anytime; anywhere via a browser interface using Quality center.
- Created Test Plans and Scenario which describes the features and functions to be tested.
- Extensively performed manual testing and defect reporting using Quality center.
- Reporting testing status to QA team and raising issues and concerns that may impact schedule
Environment: Windows, .NET, AGILE, MS-Office, MS SQL Server, QTP, XML, VB, SOAP XML, HTML, Quality center.
- Prepared Automation Test Plan, Test Cases using Business requirements document and Functional requirements document of the system.
- Prepared test data for testing the application in various test phases.
- Actively participated in various meetings including Business Analysts, Development, Scrum and QA Meetings
- Reviewed extensive SQL Queries with complex multi-table joins and nested queries.
- Conducted regression testing on release, verified that no new defects were caused by production fixes.
- Authored and Executed Automation and Manual Test Cases for Functional testing of various modules of the application.
- Conducted cross browser testing, regression testing after every new build and tested the application for browser compatibility on various browsers.
- Involved in QA team meetings and gave updates to the QA lead/Project Manager on a weekly basis.
- Reported the defects to Bugzilla in timely manner and followed up with the developer’s team and derived it to closure.
- Followed Agile Methodology to emphasize on real time communication over written documentation and to minimize risk by implementing software test effort in short time sprints or iterations.
- Conducted GUI, Functional, Front end back end testing and reviewed pages for content problems, graphics problems and link verifications
- Interacted with the business analysis and developers in requirements analysis, review design documents, testing and documents which are developed in to Agile, Scrum, and sprint environment.
- Reporting testing status to QA team and raising issues and concerns that may impact schedule.
Environment: HP Quality Center, Eclipse, SQL, Firebug, Fire Path, Bugzilla, Windows, HTML, MS-Excel, UNIX, Clear Quest.
- Performed Usability and Integration testing manually, documented bugs found during testing process.
- Implemented a uniform testing process for dev team, business members and test team to follow.
- Performed Functional, Negative, Regression, User Acceptance (UAT) Testing.
- Actively participated in Agile and scrum meetings, reviewed and developed test scenarios.
- Followed Agile Methodology to emphasize on real time communication over written documentation.
- Involved in Preparation of POC (Proof of Concept) of Test Automation with the Tools.
- Experience in Software Verification, Validation and Testing Methodology.
- Developed Test scenarios, Test Scripts and Test cases based on Requirements, Detail Specification Document’s and GAP documents
- Used Quality Center to run test scripts, documentation management, defect tracking and log defects.
- Involved in different phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) like Requirement Analyzing Phase, Test Design, Test Execution, and proficient in documentation.
- Extensive experience in Develop/Review Test Cases and Maintaining Test Review Logs
- Arranged weekly team meeting to assign testing tasks and acquisition of status reports from individual team members.
Environment: Manual testing, Quality Centre, QTP, SQL, MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint), UNIX, DB2.