- Around 9 years of Software Testing, Development and Quality assurance of Client/Server and Web based applications using Quick Test pro, Win Runner, Load Runner, Test Director, Quality Center and Manual testing.
- Proficient experience in Manual and Automated Testing of GUI and functional aspects of the Client - Server and Web based Applications on multiple levels of SDLC and Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
- Experience in writing automated scripts, designing Test procedures, Manual Test cases and preparing Quality feed back to QA team & manager.
- Proficient in Testing methodologies, Test Matrices and Trace matrix
- Extensive experience in Functional testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, GUI testing, Back-end testing, Browser Compatibility testing, Ad-hoc testing, Black Box Testing, White Box Testing, System Testing, Build Verification Testing, User Acceptance Testing.
- Performed Testing Life Cycle during the various phases of the application. Involved in converting manual test cases into automated scripts using TSL on Mercury Win runner, QTP.
- Experienced in analyzing Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and conversant with System Design Specifications (SDS).
- Involved in entire QA Life Cycle (SDLC), which includes Design, Development and Implementation of the entire QA process for the Relational Database, Web and Client/Server, IBM Mainframe Applications.
- Developed Test cases for manual testing and automated them using Win Runner, Silk, Load Runner, Silk performer and QTP.
- Familiar with Agile Methodology - Scrum, V Model and Waterfall Models.
- Excellent working knowledge in design & implementation of all QA Test strategy plans for both Manual and Automation as demanded by the AUT
- Extensively used Load Runner for Performance and Load Testing. The Avg. CPU usage, Response Time, and TPS are analyzed for each scenario
- Extensively used Test Director & Quality Center to write Test Cases and for reporting. All the Scripts are maintained using Test Director & Quality Center.
- Extensively uploaded test cases from MS Excel, MS Word to Test Director & Quality Center.
- Experienced in Bug Tracking System and Process.
- Strong in manual testing, Automated testing in Visual Basic & other protocol of automation tools Experience in testing applications under. Net, Windows.
- Proficient in Database (Oracle, SQL Server) testing skills using advanced SQL, PL/SQL
- Versatile team player with good communication and problem solving skills with all management levels
- High proficiency in Scheduling, Managing resources and activities in QA Teams
- Setup and maintain QA Test Lab for testing & maintenance.
Operating Systems/Languages: Windows 98/2003/XP, UNIX, C, C++, JAVA, SQL, VB 6.0
Quality Standards: Implementation knowledge of ISO 9001 & ISMS (Info. Security Management System)
Testing Tools: Mercury Interactive Win Runner 7.6/8.0, Load Runner 7.8/8.0, QuickTestPro 6.5/10.00, Test Director 7.6/ 8.2, Quality Center 9.0.
Methodologies: Agile Methodology, Waterfall Methodology, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Conversant with Web Technologies: HTML, ASP, XML, DHTML, VB script, Java script.
Documentation Tools: MS-Office, MS Project
Confidential, Austin, TX
Sr.QA Test Analyst
- Prepared Test Plans for each release, written Test Cases and executed them as part of Functional Testing. Prepared Test Reports and Deliverables and submitted for version releases.
- Throughout the project, was involved in giving clarifications on domain and product functionality for the team.
- Regular interaction with the core developers helped us in fixing the defects in less time.
- Played key role in defining test automation procedure and standards, creating QuickTestProfessional scripts for all the modules, which reduced the regression cycle drastically and improved the testing efforts for daily builds.
- Performed Black Box testing and conducted Functionality and Regression testing on various phases of the Management software
- Worked Quality Center managing the test plan, test cases and results, Rational Functional doing the heavy lifting of actually scripting and executing the tests.
- Worked on Rational Quality Manager (RQM) to manage and run automated test scripts created with other test tools.
- Managed and executed the test process, using Agile Methodology.
- Working knowledge of Team Foundation server and work on automated framework for regression testing using POS
- Tested GUI applications and backend database functionality using QTP.
- Created automated Load test scripts using Load Runner.
- Gathered requirements for the integration of POS system with the supply chain system
- Conducted GUI and functionality testing using QTP.
- Conducted data driven testing using QTP to conduct backend testing.
- Performed White Box testing by using Expediter tool and updated some of the PROCs, JCLs and SAS programs in the Test region. Submitted batch JCLs in order to create output datasets for verification.
- Used Test Director and Mercury Quality Center for updating the status of all the Test Cases & Test Scripts that are executed during testing process.
- Performed Load and Stress Testing using Load Runner.
- Automated confidence tests that run on new builds on regular basis.
- Involved in setting up different configuration environment for compatibility testing and manual testing.
- Upgraded the existing Test Scripts and created new scripts for client application to be able to work for new versions and patches, which improved product quality.
- Evaluated testing results for each potential release build using Test Director, Quality Center and Bugzilla reports, listing summarized bug information in priority sequence, recommended viability of release for production.
- Involve in preparing Trace Matrix to design test cases
- Preparing Weekly action report & QA feed back to QA team & Manager.
Environment: Web Logic, Java, Quick Test Pro 8.2, Mercury Quality Center 9.0, Unix, Load Runner 8.2, Sun Java, MSJVM, Oracle 8i/9i/10g, SQL Server 2000, DB2, MS-Project 2000/2003.Confidential, Hartsville, SC
QA Test Analyst
- Worked closely with the loan officers (SMEs) to obtain a detailed knowledge of the loan life cycle process, risk analysis etc;
- Interacted constantly between legal and marketing departments with the PM regarding various compliances which need to be in place before anything can be finalized.
- Developed function specifications for modifications of POS system for multiple chains. Included integrating new chain into existing systems which encompassed, gap analysis, specific brand requirements and full POS integration
- Gathered the business requirements;
- Performed requirement analysis and gap analysis;
- Documented the business requirements for the developers,
- Developed Test cases for manual testing and automated them using Win Runner, Silk, Load Runner, Silk performer and QTP.
- Maintained and kept track of stakeholders requests for enhancements and changes using Rational Clear Quest;
- Manually verified the validity of the failed test cases. Performed Positive, Negative and Black box testing on the application.
- Participated in the system design exercise with the Application development team and utilized Agile methodology for development and implementation.
- Translated Business processes into Informatica Mappings for building Data marts.
- Created customized report using OLAP Tools such as Crystal Report for business use
- Wrote Test Cases in Mercury Quality center that would test various Test scenarios.
- Used UML notations for Object Oriented Design and Documentation.
- Manually tested and GTS modules using Quality Center.
- Wrote Test plan and Test cases for the Integration testing and system testing.
- Did Integration Testing, GUI testing, Smoke and Sanity Testing, and Acceptance testing in the new builds for Basic Functionality Checking.
- Provide implementation assessment, strategy, and mentoring services for Rational Rose, UML and RUP.
- Served as a resource for analytical services utilizing SQL Server, TOAD/Oracle, and SQL Developer.
- Developed and maintained the project plan using MS Project
- Designed and implemented SQL queries for QA testing;
- Assisted the PM in setting realistic project expectations and in evaluating the impact of changes on the project, and conducted project related presentations;
- Prepared user manual and performed user acceptance testing;
- Played a key role in the planning and testing the system enhancements and conversions.
Environment: Web Logic, Java, Quick Test Pro 8.2, Mercury Quality Center 9.0, Unix, Load Runner 8.2, Sun Java, MSJVM, Oracle 8i/9i/10g, SQL Server 2000, DB2, MS-Project 2000/2003.Confidential, Plano, TX
Sr. QA Anayst
- Involved in Functional requirement analysis, QA Analysis, designing test cases for new functionality, regression testing, and defect tracking for iphone, Transportation and webstore applications.
- Analyzed Business Requirements, Functional Specifications and User Interface Documents to develop test cases in JIRA and Quality Center.
- Worked closely with developers and business analysts to ensure that the application met the user expectations
- Escalated different issues through defect tracking System and Quality Center
- Extensively worked in resolving production issues.
- Involved in conducting the walkthroughs, meetings, ambiguity review and coordinated with entire team
- Involved in reporting the issues; attended the bug review meetings, coordinated with engineering team.
- Tested Fresh Direct iPhone application
- Involved in testing the mobile application using actual devices and Simulators.
- Tested the Android and ios version of the fresh direct application using actual devices.
- Connected through a vpn through an intranet server and updated the built using the test fairy and test flight app and tested the mobile application in after every built.
- Linked the mobile application to the respective dev environment after testing the app and logged the defect reports in JIRA bug tracking tool.
- Maintained requirements, Traceability of Business requirements and system requirements.
- Worked with Business Analyst for requirements walkthrough for every release
- For each release, created instructional memos, test scenarios for the project.
- Defining the test strategy, test objectives, work plan and managing cross team dependencies
- Aided in generating System testing scenarios of end to end testing of applications hosted on web servers.
- Managing manual testing, regression automation, Functional testing and process implementation
- Setting up of the Test Environments for Iterative Model Integration, Functional and UAT testing
- Involved in identifying the test cases that are affecting the basic and major functionality of the application in order to Smoke Test the application.
- Aided in generating System testing scenarios of end to end testing of application.
- Defects were tracked, prioritized and analyzed the variation between expected and actual results.
- Created and executed SQL queries to fetch data from an SQL Server database server to validate and compare expected results with those actually obtained
- Performing BVT and Testing in multiple Environments like QA, UAT PreProd and Production
- Report and review the defects in Quality Center & Jira Defect tracking systems.
Sr. Test Engineer
- Involved in validating Customer Information, Credit Card Validations from FDR.
- Closely worked with Vendor Management team in resolving all the issues with the third party processing vendors such as FDR (First Data Resource),
- Involved in understanding and testing the FDR Web3270 AccessSM services by connecting FDR system by using secured internet connection.
- Developing and implementing quality-assurance and quality-control methodologies to ensure compliance with QA standards, federal regulations and customer specifications.
- Understanding functional Design Document and writing corresponding Test Design Documents
- Creating Test Plans, Test Scripts and following them to pass through the approval process.
- Conducted formal and informal product design reviews throughout the software development lifecycle to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules and potential issues.
- Executed Test Cases to validate the Functionality, GUI of Applications.
- Performed system, unit, performance, load, regression, stress and data interface testing. Provided client developer teams with detailed reports on quality metrics, identified bugs/flaws and recommended fixes.
- Documented software defects using bug tracking system and reported defects involving program functionality, output, online screen and content to software developers.
- Tracking issues and work with project managers and developers to resolve.
- Create and send issue reports to project team and management during test cycles.
- Tested on multiple review report systems, which includes web reports, mail reports, xml report and print reports.
- Providing enough input to the development team on performance related issues by running DB Execution Plans
- Customized SMS Message testing through Web Services (SoapUI) and IVR.
- Analyzing system logs and reporting to the development team when error occurs
Environment:: Java, J++ J2EE, Tomcat, Web logic, SQL server 2005, Web Application, Java script. Quality Center 10.0, XML, Web Services, SoapUI 2.0, FDR3270, TSYS.Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Analyze all Business/Financial Requirements and worked with Business and Development team to perform limited scope and Developed test strategy/plan, writing end to end system test cases, procedures and guidelines based on business requirements.
- Imported Test Requirements, Test Plan and Test Cases, Test Steps and expected results from MS Excel (Word) Templates to HP Quality Center and test lab execution processes, and maintain all defects reporting processes and status to the defect modules
- Processes transactions from system entry to exit, test functionality to delivered across applications and workflows and test applications to demonstrate that the relevant existing system functionality is as expected
- Design, development, execution, troubleshooting and maintaining of a variety of testing procedures and process
- Participate in project session with business and technical groups to design UAT Test Plan, review and development of Scenarios and Scripts to ensure that sufficient testing is planned for UAT. Create and execute SQL Queries in support of testing activities and create test data for testing. Organize TestPlan Tree, Uploaded Test Requirements, Test Plan and Test Cases, Test Steps
- Work with project team members to design and execute test scripts and open defects in quality center and record in issues log. Attend daily UAT defect status meetings and present progress updates on the UAT status.
- Escalate reported defects to UAT leads and developments and follow through with Release Management on defect
- Analyze the defects with the project team (UAT leads, SME and Release Management) to get working solution.
- Maintain and execute regression tests to ensure that changes have not negatively impacted other processes.
Environment: IBM Mainframe, TSO/TSOD-File Aid, MS Office, DB2, MS SQL Server, Quality Center, Global Plus, SEI T3K, RRD