- Over 6 years of experience As a QA Analyst with Quality assurance methodologies, Web - based, Client Server applications in both Manual and Automated testing.
- Strong Knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Methodologies like Waterfall, Iterative and Agile.
- Experienced in Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, Functional Testing, Back-end Testing, Black Box Testing, System Testing, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Experience in working with automation tool QTP/UFT, creating automation test script using VB Script.
- Experienced in developing Automated Test Script and Automation Frameworks (Data driven, Keyword driven, and Hybrid framework) using advanced VB script Functions and Descriptive programming using HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT).
- Experienced in developing and analyzing Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Cases and Test Results using the tool ALM/Quality Centre.
- Strong experienced in writing SQL queries for back end testing.
- Documented Test Execution Reports and Defect Status Reports for each test iteration/cycle.
- Good Experience on Bug Life cycle using ALM/Quality center and JIRA.
- Experience in Web Services testing using SOAPUI .
- Experienced in API Testing .
- Strong experienced in Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint for documentation, management of reporting progress, and to collaborate with all team members of the Project.
- Experienced working on multiple Projects at same time on the basis of priority.
- Work closely with the off shore QA team to identify test cases to automate and review the automated test scenarios
- Participated in walkthroughs and weekly status meetings to verify that project milestones were met according to the documentation
- Actively share knowledge and skills with Automation Team members as well as other support teams, and grow own knowledge of other technologies in use in the environment. Giving demos and training to new team members related environments, projects, and various Tools
- Ability to manage time and priorities according to team/project objectives in a Fast-Paced environment.
- Attention to detail and precision, solid work ethics concerning production deadlines and reliability.
- Excellent organizational skill and ability to prioritize workload according to project deadline, and have strong Documentation and Presentation skills, Quick learner and efficient Performer.
Testing Tools: ALM/Quality Center, UFT/QTP, JIRA, SQL, Web service Testing, SOAPUI,API Testing.
Other Tools: Microsoft suite.
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix/Linux
Databases: Oracle10G, SQL Server, MS Access
Languages: Java, VB script, HTML, Xml, SQL, PL/SQL
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari.
Methodology: Waterfall, Iterative, Agile
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Analyzed the Business requirement documents, Functional specification documents to prepare Test Plan and Test cases.
- Involved in managing and coordinating QA Activities across multiple projects and releases.
- Developed Manual and Automated test scripts for functionality specification to ensure bug free application.
- Responsible for Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Used Quality Center for defect tracking with, developers and team members.
- Generated detailed bug reports and test metrics using Quality Center.
- Used SQL scripts to validate backend data.
- Executed test case scenarios, including manual, automated, and data-driven, and GUI verification by using Unified Functional Testing (UFT).
- Identified the defects and ensured that business processes deliver the expected results and remain reliable throughout the production release.
- Designed and developed automated test scripts using VBScript.
- Performed system tests and executing the test scripts using QTP.
- Prepared the manual and automation test execution report and defect status report for the future reference.
- Used HP Quality Center as a test management tool for Test case executing, Bug tracking, and Reporting.
- Written SQL queries for verifying the business rules and the accuracy of data in the database by using PL/SQL.
- Coordinated meetings with the Developers, Testers and others team members for appropriate handling of the bugs and their timely resolve.
Environment: HP ALM, UFT, JIRA, Oracle 10G, SQL Server, HTML, XML, Windows, Java, VBScript, Agile, Microsoft SharePoint, MS Office, Outlook
Confidential, Washington, D.C.
- Involved in writing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test scripts and Test Scenarios according to the Business Requirement.
- Performed Manual Testing on Client-Server and Web based Applications.
- Worked closely with the Development team and business analysts to fix all defects/bugs in each release.
- Used SQL queries for performing the Back End Testing.
- Involved in querying using SQL and updating records and validate database records as expected.
- Perform Regression testing and retest the defects which are fixed in different Releases.
- Developed automated Test Scripts to perform Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing and Regression testing of the application using QTP.
- Crated dynamic scripts using QTP and VBScript for automation.
- Involved in developing automation framework using QTP.
- Performed smoke test when the project initial build is deployed into QA environment.
- Performed Browser Compatibility testing under various versions of IE and Firefox and Chrome.
- Analyzed the results in various stages of the application including integration, regression, functional and user acceptance testing.
- Used Quality Center to store Requirements, Test cases and execute test cases, and tracking defects.
- Attended standup meeting, weekly meeting, monthly meeting, triage meeting and defect review meeting.
- Managed day-to-day QA tasks as specified.
- Responsible for preparing and sending weekly status reports to the QA manager using QC, MS Excel and MS Word.
Environment: QC, QTP, VBScript, Java, Agile, SQL, HTML, XML, SQL/PLSQL, Microsoft office, Outlook, Microsoft SharePoint
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Created Manual test cases and Test scripts for different modules of the application.
- Prepared test data for positive and negative test scenarios for functional testing.
- Performed different types of testing including Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, Usability Testing, Black Box Testing, End-to-End Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix and defect status report.
- Reviewed test cases and performed test execution using HP Quality Center.
- Extensively used SQL queries for backend testing in the process of Integration testing.
- Involved in modification of the test cases against upgrades for regression testing of the application.
- Enhanced the QTP scripts by inserting VBScript functions and Checkpoints.
- Involved in Test execution of several rounds in User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Prepared Consolidated Defect Report at the end of each round of testing.
- Attended Team meetings to give the project status updates and discuss for any technical issues in the project that are faced by team members.
Environment: QUALITY CENTRE, QTP, MS Office, VB Script, Oracle, Windows, UNIX