- Deadline and result oriented software test engineer with more than 7 years of experience in a fast - paced product development environment with solid history of test automation, test planning and execution.
Tools: VSTS, SOAP UI, TFS, WTT, Code Flow, Bugger, Dynamic CRM, SQL Server, Fiddler, MTM, Selenium Web Driver, Microsoft Test Manager, Team Foundation Server
Dev Environment: C#.Net, ASP.Net MVC, ASP.NET Core, Entity Framework, HTML, CSS, Web API, LINQ
Platforms: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 10 RS1, Windows Server 2012 /2016
Confidential, Redmond, Washington
- Led offsite and onsite team of 7 testers
- Automated end to end Windows deployment and test execution eliminating manual efforts by 80%
- Work with business owners and multiple development teams to analyze and understand scope as well as functionality, then develop and execute effective QA strategies.
- Develop, document and execute detailed test cases and test suites, and evaluate test summary results.
- Interacted with Development, Customer Support, and Business Analysis teams to identify and resolve issues and bugs.
- Tools developed: Device State Monitor, One Click Windows deployment and BVT execution, Web based Inventory management, Logs collector, Power BI reports
- Tested platform updates, hot fixes and network operating system application upgrades
- Test Lead responsible for master test plans, environment configurations, schedules, resourcing, application installations and hands on functional testing of .NET applications.
- Provided software testing consulting services to software testing groups within Microsoft.
- Developed various queries from SQL Server Database for different automation and reporting purpose
- Create test sign off, weekly and monthly status reports
- Automated API and Web Services to test CRM integration with Microsoft’s online store
- Achieved 100% automation coverage to test customers appointment booking systems using Microsoft’s store locations API
- Performed manual testing of the product including functional tests, data driven tests, regression tests, integration tests and system tests
- Automated performance testing of Store API to measure response time under heavy user load
- Implemented automation to test data returned by product catalog web services (JSON) against the database
- Taking full ownership of end-user quality, usability and appeal to deliver high quality software on tight schedules
- Test end to end functionality of Microsoft’s Online Store including customers shopping experience, product catalog management and appointment process
- Identifying test scenarios and writing test cases from the functional specification.
- Writing and executing automation and manual test in different test environments.
- Testing included functional testing, load and performance test, ad-hoc test, user acceptance test, sanity and BVT execution, browser and operating system compatibility.
- Performed manual black box testing on an order/distribution client/server application, being developed for potential clients and dealing with ordering, tracking, receiving, storing, and issuing designated products.
- Provided functional, regression, acceptance, validation, and verification testing.
- Developed test cases and test suites based on functional specification and technical documentation to assure complete testing coverage of the features implemented into the application.