- Senior QA Automation Test Engineer with 6 years of experience in executing and testing of client server architecture, web and mobile based applications, manual and automation testing.
- Expertise in entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) in Agile as well as Iterative development environments.
- Skilled in preparing Test plan, Test cases, Test data, Test procedure, and Test scripts for automated and manual testing as per user requirements and functional specifications of the system.
- Experience in implementing different automation development effort in Agile/Scrum & Waterfall development environments.
- Proficient in Writing Automation Scripts using tools such as Selenium WebDriver, Selenium RC and Mercury Quality Center to develop web and client server applications.
- Experience in Selenium IDE, Selenium Grid, QTP, TestNG, Junit.
- Identified correct GUI elements using various Selenium Locators like ID, Name, Link Text, Partial Link Text, XPath, CSS, and DOM in creating automation scripts.
- Developed selenium synchronization using conditional, unconditional wait conditions.
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider.
- Experience in preparing and maintaining Automation Frameworks such as Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid Driven, and Page Object Model.
- Experience in configuring application framework by processing excel spreadsheets using Apache POI.
- Experience on using AutoIt to upload and download the files for windows application.
- Experience with Cross - Browser and Compatibility Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments.
- Experienced in using Test Management tools such as HP Quality Center, Rally, JIRA bug reporting tools to track test progress, execution and deliverables.
- Experience in Quality Assurance standards, methodologies and strategies with better understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Development Engineer Test (SDET) and Defect Life Cycle.
- Experience in Web debugging tools like XPath, Firepath, and Firebug also providing efficient locators for strategies like XPath and CSS to run web driven scripts.
- Segregated defects based on the hierarchy of the effects on the test scripts using Log4j.
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and features for BDD (Behavior driven development), TDD (Test Driven Development) using Cucumber.
- Performed Continuous Integration of code and scripts using Jenkins and triggered the continuous Delivery process using Jenkins build jobs.
- Experience in ANT, MAVEN to create projects, JAR files, POM.xml with artifacts and dependencies.
- Effectively involved in Defects logging, tracking and managing Defect Life Cycle using HP Quality Center and JIRA.
- Experience in testing the application web services using SOAPUI.
- Experience with building Gherkin (Cucumber) user scenarios and ruby scripting for automated testing (Selenium/Ruby/Cucumber). Experienced on developing test scripts with Ruby-Selenium to automate browser & web applications under Cucumber (BDD) Framework .
- Experience in testing Mobile Application Appium for iOS and Android devices both in Emulator/Simulator and Real Devices.
- Conversant using configuration management tools like SVN, GIT.
- Involved in executing SQL queries to conduct data Integrity testing and used JDBC connections.
- Expertise in different types of testing like Automation testing, Manual testing, Integration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, JUnit Testing, Black box testing, Functional testing, Database testing, GUI testing, Web/UI and (UAT)User Acceptance Testing.
- Experience in interacting closely with scrum team members and in understanding User Stories to full fill the tasks associated with user stories.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Self-starter and a good team player with effective communication and organizational skills combined with attention to details and business process improvements.
Test Approaches: Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, SDLC, STLC
Automation Tool: Selenium Web Driver, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, Test NG, JUnit, Cucumber, SoapUI, JUnit, UFT
Framework: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model(POM).
Test Build & Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Jenkins
Version Control: GIT, Team Foundation Server
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access
Defect Tracking Tools: HP QC/HP ALM, JIRA, Bugzilla, Rally.
Web Service Tool/Language: SoapUI, Rest API,XML, Groovy
Mobile App Testing Tool/API: Appium
Programming Languages and Scripting Languages: Java, Ruby, Python, SQL,PL/SQL, XML, HTML, CSS, Java Script
Database/Database tools: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL
Operating Systems: Unix, Linux, Windows, Mac
Confidential, Hartford, CT
SR. QA Automation Test Engineer
- Assessed & analyzed user stories and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings and developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports.
- Developed and Executed Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, analyzed Test Results.
- Implemented Hybrid automation framework with Selenium WebDriver.
- Used FireBug, FirePath to debug, edit and locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CSS Selector, Link, Partial Link, Attributes and Tags.
- Handled the special mouse events and selected the options from the tab menu using Selenium Actions Builder, Mouse Hover and Synchronization.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG.
- Performed Parallel and Cross Browser testing on different browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox where multiple tests were run at the same time.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing) using Selenium Screenshots.
- Used Apache POI to read data from Excel sheet.
- Used Parameters, Data Provider TestNG annotations to perform regression and functional testing.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities of the application using Selenium.
- Involved in grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites using TestNG annotations.
- Used AutoIt for automating the Windows GUI and general scripting.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from SQL Server.
- Performed functional testing of SOAP and RESTFUL Web Services using SOAP UI Tool.
- Wrote Scenarios, Scenario outlines and Step Definitions using Gherkin in Cucumber for BDD.
- Stored the flow details of Selenium Automation in a file using Log4j.
- Maintained the Java and selenium test source code and resources in the SVN source control repository tool.
- Scripted the Test cases and managed the framework dependency jars using Maven.
- Performed continuous integration of code and scripts using Jenkins. Configured and launched builds using Jenkins jobs and analyzed the Test Results from Jenkins UI.
- Worked with developers to update the defects, resolve them and track their status using JIRA.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discusses enhancement and modification request issues and defects in the application.
Environment:: Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver, Apache POI, Auto IT, Java, HTML, CSS, XML, XPath, Windows, SQL Server, Maven, SOAPUI, Cucumber, Jenkins, JIRA, Gherkin.
Confidential, Morrisville, NC
Sr. QA Automation Test Engineer
- Automation of web application through Selenium Web driver, Java, Junit and Maven.
- Executed Cross browser and platform testing using Selenium Grid.
- Responsible for implementing Page object model (POM) using Selenium WebDriver, Maven, TestNG and Java.
- Importantly worked on Appium which is a “cross-platform” it allows you to write tests against multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Windows), using the same API. This enables code reuse between iOS, Android, and Windows test suites.
- Performed manual testing in physical devices emulator and IOS simulator .
- Used BDD framework with Cucumber and Java to write behaviors and step definitions and developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber.
- Prepared test/defect summary report for Sr. Management.
- Responsible for Setting up Web Services project using WSDL in SOAPUI and provided setup help to other team members.
- Automation of manual test data creation using JSON files through Shell Scripting.
- Working with manual testers to enable automation suites to be executed on a regular basis to validate the quality of releases as well as builds.
- Worked on Testing in various environments before production release.
- Working with the Development team to modify applications to accommodate automation when needed.
- Participated in planning and developing test strategies and plans for Functional and Performance tests.
- Created automated scripts for API WSDLs using VU generator in LoadRunner (web services protocol) for regression scenarios.
- Tested end-to-end system performance using HP Load Runner.
- Worked on white box testing to examine the program structure and to derive the test data from the program logic.
- Ran the scripts for multiple users using controller in LoadRunner for API regression/Load testing.
- Designed and managed test paths using ruby.
- Responsible for creating automated test scripts in HP UFT(QTP) and updated the scripts as per requirement change.
- Trained and assisted new team members on data analysis using the API tools.
- Implemented browser compatibility testing (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, Opera mini) of a web based application to ensure that functionality works fine.
- Actively involved with SCRUM and sprint meetings, managing testing backlog, removing obstacles to progress, re-allocating resources where necessary, prioritizing and review milestones and accomplishments.
- Implemented Regression and Smoke tests execution as separate step of deployment process.
- Test environment setup, unit test result validation, test execution, and defect management in different environments.
Environment:: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Ruby, Cucumber, TestNG, Ant, UFT, Jenkins, SOAPUI, GitHub, Agile, Firebug, Firepath, XPath, Eclipse, CSS, Cucumber, Oracle, Windows, Java, Rally.
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MI
QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in the Regression and Functional Testing
- Design and executed of Testcases and Experience with Scrum and involved in preparation of Test plans.
- Extensively Tested Webservices using SOAP UI. Used GitHub for source code management tool.
- Involved in WebTesting to verify links and extensively involved in Database Testing. Written queries in the SQL to validate the output in the database.
- Participated in UAT testing with end customers and involved in User Accepting Testing. Used Jenkins as continuous integration tool.
- Involved in Updating Use cases and Preparation of Test scenario’s
- Involved in User Interface (UI) Testing.
- Responsible for creating automated test scripts in QTP and updated the scripts as per requirement change.
- Using UFT, Converted manual test cases to automation test scripts
- Maintained distributed equality in assigning Tasks.
- Developed framework from scratch by implementing Data driven and Page object mode.
- Involved in writing SQL queries to perform backend testing.
- Extensively involved in User Acceptance Testing. Performed End-to-End testing of full functionality. QC was used as a management tool.
- Interacted with Module lead, business analysts, team lead, Manager and users to analyze the business requirements and functional specifications documents.
Environment:: HTML, Jira, UFT, Microsoft Office, WSDL, SOAP UI, SQL Server, VMware, Jenkins, GitHub, framework.
QA Test Engineer
- Planned and Executed the Test Plan of the Feedback project.
- Created test scenarios and test cases based on functional documents and User stories.
- Setting Test plan and Test Lab in the Quality center for the projects to create and access requirements, defects, test cases and reports for the status.
- Created and executed detailed test cases with step by step procedure and expected results and maintained the test logs, test reports, test issues, defect tracking using Quality Center.
- Performed Functional and Regression testing in HP UFT using VB script.
- Used regression testing and running the Test scripts.
- Created automation test scripts to test all end-to-end components.
- Conducted test case reviews and presented the test cases/test scenarios to the team members for alliterations.
- Participated in daily SCRUM meetings and gave the daily status of testing.
- Executed SQL queries to verify the database for the relevant test cases.
- Documented the defects in Quality Center and assigned them to relevant developer.
- Developed Test plan, Test cases, test scenarios.
- Implemented Complex Test case scenarios using Regression tests, wrote the enhanced code. Involved in preparing Test Plan.
- Developed and extracted Test data to test the application portal.
- Configured HP Quality Center, to store all testing results, metrics, implemented test plan. QTP as a testing tool.
- Scripted Complex Test Cases using SQL queries for data validation and to verify the data integrity in the database (Back end testing).
- Test and Run various APIs as part of System Integration Testing.
- Reported using QA Status reports, Defect Log reports, Traceability reports and Test planning and execution & Results Reports.
- Performed Smoke Tests and Regression tests.
- Participated in different meetings.
- Used SOAPUI for Web Service testing.
Environment: HP Quality Centre, SQL, Microsoft office, SOAP UI, Test Plan, Functional testing, Regression testing.