- Over 8 years of extensive hands - on experience in diversified fields of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) specialized in Quality Assurance Process and Methodologies.
- Strong Expertise in SDLC, Test Management and Testing Lifecycle Methodologies like Agile Models, Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks for J2EE based applications using Java, Selenium WebDriver/IDE/RC/GRID, QTP, Quality Center, Junit, TestNG, Maven, ANT, Jenkins, Hudson, Jbehave, Cucumber and SOAP UI.
- Experienced in making DataDriven and MVC Framework to maintain Test Suites.
- Working experience in creating automation framework along with developing, executing and maintaining automation testing script with Selenium WebDriver.
- Sound knowledge on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous Integration.
- Extensive experience in the Quality Assurance and Automated/Manual testing of web based, Client/Server applications using Black Box and White Box testing techniques.
- Extensive experience in working on Keyword Driven, Data Driven and Hybrid framework using Quick Test Professional.
- Strong experience in cross browser, cross platform web testing with Selenium RC and Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience in creating Test Strategy, Test Plans and Test Cases, Test Estimation, Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Experience in preparation of Test Summary Report, User Guide & Training.
- Expertise in Smoke Testing, Backed end Testing, Black-Box Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional Testing, Positive/ Negative Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, GUI Software Testing, Ad-hoc Testing, Boundary Value Testing
- Experience in Functional Testing, Data Driven Testing, Load Testing and Validating WSDL using SOAP UI.
- Strong experience with SOA architecture which include Soap Web Service and RestFul Web Service Testing.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, IBM Clear Quest, BugZilla etc.
- Good programming skills in Java, C, C++, VB, Oracle, SQL, and PL/SQL and experience in SQL Server and Oracle Databases.
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN) & Git.
- Expertise in back end testing and writing SQL queries, Joins, Procedures using Oracle and SQL Server.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM and waterfall models and TDD.
- Highly motivated team player with analytical, organizational and technical skills, unique ability to adapt quickly to challenges and changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/IDE/RC/GRID, Quick Test Pro (QTP), Test Link, Test Manager, Jbehave, Cucumber, SOAP UI
Languages: JAVA, VB Script, Java Script, HTML, XML
Test Framework: JUnit, TestNG, Data Driven Framework, MVC
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson
Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall, TDD
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Quality Center (QC), Bugzilla & IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC)
Source Version Control Tool: Subversion (SVN), Git
Databases: SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle, MySQL
Operating Systems: Windows (XP, Vista & 7, 8), UNIX, Mac
Confidential, New York, NY
QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in the preparation of test plan, test approach, test scenarios, test cases and test data.
- Responsible for testing key modules such as Open Enrollment, Shop Flow, Billing & Reconciliation, Group XML and Agent-Issuer.
- Performed test case writing, review and execution, creating use case scenarios, defect logging, triage and environment setup.
- Extensively used Selenium IDE to record, playback and debug individual test cases, using Selenium WebDriver provided more flexibility in automating test cases.
- Converted QTP scripts to Selenium Webdriver scripts. Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used Maven for building the Webdriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Involved in creation of automation framework in Selenium Webdriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber.
- Extensively involved in writing and testing the test cases using TestNG.
- Utilized testing tool TestNG extensively for the integration testing and unit testing.
- Involved in test automation for complete new UI using Java, Selenium WebDriver and TestNG and improved the quality of the test framework by adding more helper methods and more functionality.
- Used Maven to help manage project’s build, report and documentation across the network.
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Maven and Jenkins.
- Performed manual testing and Front-end Web based Functionality testing, for Smoke testing, Regression testing, Integration testing and System testing.
- Performed XML to EDI data transformation testing to validate the data transmission to insurance carriers.
- Involved in testing compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Sole performance of API testing with different sub-systems as a part of Back-end test.
- Loaded insurance plans using SOAP UI. Plans are Certified and verified to make plans available to the Users.
- Created test planning and participated in execution for API Testing using SOAP UI.
- Preparation and execution of test scripts using JMeter and SOAP UI tool to perform Web Services testing.
- Used Quality Center for preparing the Test plans and manual Test Scripts, Designed Test Cases, executed Test Cases and Defect Logging.
- Worked with source version control tool such as Subversion (SVN).
- Involved in backend testing for different environments like System Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Worked with Developers, Architects and business team in AGILE environment.
- Participated in Stand-up meeting, walkthrough meeting, weekly automation meeting with all other QA, weekly assessment meetings with business analysts and developers.
Confidential, Overland Park, KS
QA Automation Engineer
- Reviewed business requirements and technical specification documents and Analyzed use cases, functional requirements to write detailed Test plans and Test cases.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Ant technologies under Java platform.
- Performed comprehensive manual testing to test website compliance against requirements Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG functions and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Wrote and executed automated test cases using Selenium WebDriver to automate manual testing solutions.
- Developed and Executed Test Plans and Test Cases from Requirements and Specification documents.
- Authored and Executed Automation and Manual Test Cases for Functional testing of various modules of the application.
- Developed BDD (Behavior driven development) based programs using Gherkin for Cucumber.
- Used Maven, SVN, Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Java to create nightly automation scripts.
- Created Automation script using Selenium WebDriver.
- Executed scripts on different browser and different platform.
- Contributed to the Continuous Integration pipeline running component builds, creating and running Deployment jobs on individual stages on Jenkins, and running automated and manual functional tests.
- Worked closely with Agile Scrum team from several domains to ensure product testability while running Regression tests in Selenium WebDriver using TestNG and maintained test environments used for white box testing during new product releases.
- Responsible in executing Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Created data-driven automation scripts for testing API Web Services using SOAP UI.
- Performed Regression Testing of different modules automated in SOAP UI.
- Performed Web Services testing with SOAP UI and Performed Security Testing for Employee login validations.
- Analyzed the Batch Process, Work-flow behavior and SOA/ Web Services testing using SOAP UI.
- Used HP Mercury Quality Center for Test Management, for Functional Test Automation.
- Provide all data validation through SQL Queries UNIX commands to perform Back-end Testing.
- Perform Functional Testing, Regression Testing, System Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and End-to-End Testing.
- Created QA sizing estimated based on the changes to the web services for the scope defined in a particular release cycle.
- Created the test data and request for the test data dependent with the other applications to be used in the testing activities for the current release.
- Planned and executed Backend testing using numerous SQL Queries to verify the dataflow from the database.
- Responsible for collecting and analyzing the test metrics and then submitting the reports, which kept track of the status and progress of the testing effort.
Confidential, Weston, FL
QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in the complete STLC and SDLC activity from requirements gathering to UAT testing.
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Document, created the test plan and prepared detailed test cases on HP Quality Centre.
- Used Agile methodology (Scrum) to ensure the new features meet the customer requirements and acceptable quality assurance standards
- Developed strategy and planning for functional Testing, regression testing, Automation testing and UAT testing based on the modifications in the application
- Developed Selenium test scripts for identified test cases by using data driven framework. Developed Selenium function library to reduce redundant scripting.
- Setup the Automation Framework using Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, Junit and Run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms.
- Implemented Selenium Grid to run Regression Tests on multiple platforms and browsers in parallel.
- Perform functional, UI, System, Regression, Smoke, Sanity, backend, Ad-hoc, UAT, stress, load and other non functional testing.
- Executed test cases manually. Compared and analyzed actual with expected results and reported all deviations to the appropriate individual(s) for resolution.
- Extended automated test framework for UI/API testing; to set up automation strategy and to implement tests.
- Written automation scripts for Regression test cases and executed using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Soap UI tool for testing Web services validating XML, WSDL and Soap UI.
- Performed the Back-End testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing queries on MS SQL Server.
- Perform defect tracking using HP Quality Centre including logging defects, assigning them to developers, facilitating defect review sessions and researching causes of defects in development builds and in production environments.
- Test metrics gathering, analysis and using the available information to improve the process.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, Eclipse IDE, Junit, HP Quality Centre, Web Services, Soap UI, MS SQL Server.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Converted Manual test cases into automated test scripts using Selenium RC, Junit and Java.
- Configured Selenium RC, Ant tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using JUnit prior to agile release.
- Designed the test cases and developed test scripts using Java and Selenium.
- Developed Test Plan, Test Cases and executed various test scripts functional testing.
- Developed Automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium RC and Junit.
- Developed ANT Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium RC.
- Extensively involved in integrating Selenium RC with existing API to test framework.
- Used Junit framework for test cases Performed Black Box and Unit testing using Equivalence Partitioning analysis.
- Used Quality Center as Test Repository for Requirements, Test plans.
- Worked actively with developers in expediting the code as against the specs and performing Unit Testing.
- Tests developed in Eclipse to start and to stop the selenium server and to execute the tests in browser.
- Used Selenium GRID to execute test cases parallel on different target machines.
- Involved in providing the Testing Effort estimates and provided the timely feedback on progress of the testing activity.
- As part of compatibility testing, executed the workflow manager web application related test cases on different browsers like Internet Explorer and Mozilla Fire Fox on different Operating Systems (validation).
- SQL Queries for backend testing.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Actively participated in requirement gathering from end users, responsible for writing functional specifications and design documents.
- Involved in creation of Test plan and responsible for creating Test cases from the Functional Requirements
- Used best practices to create and execute extensible tests.
- Developed Manual Test cases using Quality Center
- Worked with engineering team to ensure testing issues are resolved
- Ensured high quality of the deliverables
- Responsible for User Interface Testing, Functional Testing, Security Testing.
- Performed Regression Testing on subsequent build of application.
- Performed data validation-using SQL.
- Used Simple and Complex SQL Queries like Joins, Select, Update, Drop and Append to manipulate the database.
Environment: Quality Center 9.0, SQL Server, IIS, ASP.Net