- Over 7 years of experience in Mobile and Web, Social media, E - commerce Application testing in Agile/Scrum environment
- Extensive experience in preparing Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Scenarios, Test Designs and Test Cases for both Manual and Automation Testing. (Black box and White box)
- Extensive experience in Quality assurance standards, methodologies and strategies with solid understanding of Software Development Life cycle (SDLC), Defect Life Cycle (DLC) and Software Testing Life cycle (STLC) such as Analysis, Design and Development of various Applications using C# and Java/J2EE Technologies.
- Involved in GUI Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, System level Load and Stress Testing, End to End Integration Testing, Cross Browser Testing, User Acceptance Testing and Database Testing.
- Well experienced in using Test Management tools such as JIRA, Bugzilla, HP ALM
- Advanced understanding of relational databases, database management systems. (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server).
- Executed SQL queries to validate the data at the backend.
- Familiar with building automation frameworks like: Page Object, Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid Driven
- Experienced in working with open source tools Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC/Web Driver, Selenium Grid), Cucumber, BDD, Visual studio, Eclipse.
- Experienced in writing Selenium WebDriver automation scripts in Java for cross browsing testing using Selenium TestNG parameters and groups.
- Have experience in automation tools such as Unified Functional Testing (UFT), Quick Test Professional (QTP) and TestDirector and ClearQuest to store and execute automation scripts and log execution reports.
- Maintained the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) across deliverable of a projects.
- Worked on Appium for App testing. Developed Appium Scripts for Native Android/IOS Apps using Java.
- Extensively used and tested with SOAP UI, RESTful Web Services.
- Performed back-end testing by executing complex SQL queries on Oracle and MS SQL Server.
- Expert understanding of BDD(Behavior Driven Development) and TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Experienced in DevOps and Continuous Integration (CI) tools like Jenkins.
- Experience with Cloud Computing: SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service) & IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service).
- Have strong understanding principles of Object Oriented Design
- Ability to adapt and learn new Tools, Techniques and Approaches.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Tool Suite
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile
Automations Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver, Selenium IDE, QTP, UFT.
Languages: Java, JavaSript, SQL
Web technologies: XML, SOAP, HTML, CSS, Java script
Defect Management: HP Quality Center, JIRA, Bugzilla
Web Service: RESTful, SOAPUI
Databases: ORACLE, SQL Server, MySQL
Build Tools: Eclipse, Ant, Maven
Integration Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
Other Applications: MS Office, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Adobe Photoshop, WordPress.
Platforms: Windows, IOS
QA Automation Tester
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Worked in full Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) that includes Analysis, Designing, Coding, Testing, implementation & Production Support of application in Agile methodology using SCRUM. Worked in Agile environment for developing environment using JIRA tool.
- Wrote smoke test scripts using Java with Selenium Webdriver based on test cases provided by QA testers for multiple products in multiple environments (OS, QA and Production).
- Implemented automation framework for Selenium adopting a Page Object Model (POM) Framework.
- Implemented automation scripts for Cucumber BDD framework to test key business process scenarios.
- Analyzed Business Requirements and closely work with the Business Team to get the clarifications addressed.
- Responsible for identifying and documenting comprehensive Test Cases in assigned modules, in JIRA to assure that all issues are found and reported early.
- Performed various testing on web based applications -Functional, Integration and Regression Testing.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Automated the Test Cases using Selenium Web Driver, Test NG, Report NG and Java, Fire Bug and Fire Path.
- Designed, executed and maintained Selenium Web Driver, Test NG, JAVA automated test cases for Regression testing and generated reports.
- Selected the Test Cases to be automated and performed functional testing of the front end using Selenium Web Driver & created Data Driven framework using Test NG.
- Made automation testing through Open Source DevOps tools like Jenkins & Docker.
- Developed Test Cases to test WebServices and RESTful calls using Soap UI tool.
- Validated Web Services and RESTful calls by comparing the data with Database and User Stores.
- Documented test results and prepared reports, test procedure, configuration for features, training documents for future use.
- Closely worked with DevOps and Business team to understand and evaluate the requirements.
- Performed negative and positive testing manually.
- Tested web application to ensure the flow of the application functionality
- Tested applications and documented results and bugs including documentation of information useful in the debugging process.
Junior QA Automation
Confidential, Sterling - VA
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Scenarios, Test Data and Traceability Matrix.
- Responsible for Manual Testing and Automation Testing.
- Conducted Smoke, Functional, GUI, Regression, Database, User-Acceptance (UAT) testing.
- Developed and automated test cases in Java using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Selenium Webdriver to execute Selenium automation suits on different platform and browser combinations in parallel.
- Developed Test suits and Test Cases using HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Participated in Walk through of Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Implemented Automation using Selenium WebDriver, Selenium, Java and Cucumber.
- Prepared and updated test cases and test scripts in HP ALM/Quality Center using Trace matrix tracking business requirements to test cases and vice versa.
- Performed Backend Testing using SQL queries, generating reports to ensure data integrity and validate the inserted and updated data.
- Configured Selenium Webdriver and created Selenium automation scripts in Using Java.
- Wrote and modified SQL validation scripts, and writing scripts in SQL to validate the outputs.
- Experienced in designing and developing the BDD/TDD frameworks and worked very closely with the scrum master, product owner and users to derive the Scenarios and created feature files, Step definitions and runner test using Cucumber tool.
- Automated Smoke and Functional test cases using Selenium and Java.
- Attended daily scrum calls as part of Agile methodology
- Designed, developed and implemented Page Object Model (POM) Pattern utilizing Java and Selenium Webdriver.
- Used SQL Server to write complex SQL queries to fulfill Backend testing.
- Attended weekly review meetings to discuss defects along with testers, developers
Environment: Windows, Eclipse, Selenium WebDriver, SQL Server, HP/ALM Quality Center, Cucumber, JAVA, BDD, TDD, Agile/Scrum.
QA Manual Tester
- Worked on an Agile Scrum methodology development Team to deliver regular updates to business team and project managers. Actively involved in Analysis, Detail Design, Development, Bug fixing and Enhancement.
- Analyzed system requirements developed detailed Test Plan and test cases.
- Selected, designed, and prioritized test scenarios and test cases that provided efficient coverage of requirements consistent with acceptable level of risk.
- Manually tested modules for compliance with functional requirements.
- Reviewed the Business Requirement documents with the business and development team to understand the architecture and functionality of the application in an agile environment.
- Used Quality Center as repository to design and execute test cases, bug tracking and reporting.
- Performed negative and positive testing manually.
- Identified, analyzed, and documented defects, errors and inconsistencies in the application using MS Excel.
- Created and Maintained Test Matrix and Traceability Matrix.
- Used SQL queries to validate the data between the Backend and the front end
- Coordinated with the developers on Defects Status on a regular basis.
- Worked closely with development team to resolve various issues.
- Used Agile methodology and engage in an iterative workflow and incremental delivery of working software.
- Experienced in Backend testing by executing SQL queries.
- Used Quality Center for error reporting and communicating between developers, product support and test team members
- Manually tested the web application to ensure the flow of the application functionality Tested applications and documented results and bugs including documentation of information useful in the debugging process.
- Generated Test Traceability Matrix (TTM) to show the test case execution status.
Environment: Excel, Word, Mozilla Firefox, Quality Center/ALM, Firebug, SQL Server