- Having 8+Experience in HealthCare, Trading and Telecom industries as Quality Assurance/Testing and Analysis with emphasis on GUI testing, System Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing of Web, Client/Server applications. Results oriented and a problem solver as well as solid work ethic and an effective team member.
- Experience in developing Test Plans, Test Case and Test Scenarios based on application and specification
- Extensively involved in Manual testing and Automation testing
- Extensively involved in GUI testing, Web applications testing, Functional testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, System testing and Performance testing.
- Good exposure to defect life cycle and testing life cycle.
- Exposure to various Testing Methodologies like Agile, Water Fall - Model
- Knowledge in JAVA language, C and C++ and OOPs concept, HTML, XML, Python
- Performed all aspects of manual software testing, including testing of Graphical User-Interfaces and application functionality
- Proficient in using Automation tools such as selenium IDE, WebDriver, Jira, QTP and Rational Clear Quest
- Hands on experience in writing core java to access data from outsource files and used OOPs concepts in developing the Selenium framework .
- Collaborated with the Development team to validate backend data
- Documentation of defects and Test results in Quality Center tool for the Systems Integration, UAT and E2E phases on the project
- Testing of the Web Services through SOAP/ REST tools and XML File validations
- Took lead on coordinating the UAT test efforts with the Business users. Involved in training and conducting the application overview sessions for the Business users
- Setting up the required Test data for their testing efforts and then coordinating on defect reviews and documenting the test results
- Coordinated with the Project management, Development and Business Analyst teams in Defect review meetings and in prioritizing and resolution of the defects.
- Translating the Business User Stories in to Test scenarios and Test cases and documenting them in JIRA
- An experienced and certified software tester working in IT industry for last 6+ years.
- Well versed with in SDLC process - Agile & Scrum methodologies
- Have good working experience in STLC process - Test Plan, Test Case, Test Data, Test Results, Iteration Release, Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) Documentation and Review.
- Have been certified from ISTQB and possess expertise in delivering high quality products.
- Experience in various types of Testing like Functional, Smoke, Ad-hoc, Performance, System Integration & Regression Testing. Awarded in CMM Level 3 Audit as a QA Lead for representing as testing process on behalf of a team.
- Ability to test software for resolving problems, monitoring and recording results in test documentation. Experience with Visual Studio Team Foundation Server (TFS) / Visual Studio Test Professional and Microsoft Test Manager.
- Sound knowledge of Open GI application and good understanding in PHP, OOPS, SOAP UI, SQL & MySQL Queries, SOA & JCAPS
- Expertise in test management & Bug tracking tool like Mantis, JIRA & As - One
Testing Skills: Manual (ISTQB) & Automation (WCF Storm web service tool), Selenium, QTP
Languages: C, C++, PHP, SOAP UI, SOA, JCAPS, OOPS
Bug Tracking Tools: Mantis, Bugzilla, As-One
Web designing: HTML, CSS, XHTML, XML
Development Tools: Adobe Dream Weaver CS5, CSS, MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access)
Database: SQL, MYSQL, Oracle
OS Platform: Windows/XP/Ubuntu
Confidential, Lansing, MI
Senior Quality Engineer
- Implemented Automation using Selenium WebDriver jars, JAVA, TestNG
- Extensively Automated Regression and Functional Test Suites by developing over 50 test cases, 6 Test Suites using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA
- Created Test Cases using Element Locators and Selenium WebDriver methods
- Developed Keyword Driven, Data Driven Framework & Hybrid Driven Framework to retrieve test actions from Excel Files using POI and TestNG
- Execution of End to end system testing and validating the results
- Prepared the test execution report and defects closure reports using clear quest and Jira reports tool to show the project leadership
- Involved in all downstream System/Regression testing
- Training of the new resources in the team
- Execution of test scripts using Selenium WebDriver using JUnit frame work.
- Setup Selenium GRID to run Selenium scripts on different browsers
- Responsible for project scheduling and Tracking, Preparation of Test plans, Defect reporting, Defect resolution and Test Design Executions
- Involved in vendor meeting McKesson, HealthSparq and raised defects to vendor product side
- Supported different test environments, created test data. Identify dependencies between requirements and expected results
- Validated the new features and existing functionalities in production deployments
- Conducted end user demos and created a detailed repots using the business users feedback
- Portico wizards developed in python scripting, supported for testing using the python scripting
Senior Quality Engineer
- Developed detailed estimation for testing tasks (Requirement analysis, test planning, test design, test execution, reporting, and test closer activities)
- Assisted the analysis team in performing the feasibility analysis of the project
- Followed Scrum concepts one of the method of Agile Methodology to produce high Quality Software
- Scrum planning, sprint planning, business demos, daily standup meetings
- Reviewed requirements and design documents to ensure testability
- Created, Updated, Reviewed and Executed test cases
- Developed and executed SQL queries on Oracle database to validate test results
- Managed defect Tracking, Reporting and Retesting across various test cycles
- Identified weaknesses in QA Processes, WebApplication testing, Suggested & implemented improvements.
- Performed Regression Testing after Bug Fixing and Modification
- Performed Informal Smoke Testing in testing environment to check that new build is pushed successfully
- Performed Input Validations, User Interface Validations, Browser Compatibility testing and Navigation testing.
- Scripted using Eclipse, coding on Java and develop Selenium WebDriver framework to execute test scripts.
- Participated in bug review meetings on behalf of the QA team and providing signoff for the builds in production.
- Prepared process documents for minimizing the execution errors
- Given a bonus by updating product related Training Documents after each release for future references and a great guide for beginners on the project
- Tested XMLs for web services getting inputs from LDS, loaded the XML in target system and validated the output.
- Migration testing compared source tables and target table data flow.
- Responsible for project scheduling and Tracking, Preparation of Test plans, Automation Test scripts, Defect reporting, Defect resolution and Test Design Executions.
Senior Software Engineer
- Automated the test scripts using Appium with Selenium Java
- Created detailed Test Plans and project staffing estimates, and conducted test script walkthroughs to ensure that testing coverage is adequate.
- Conducted exploratory testing on various environments
- End to End Workflow functional/Integration testing.
- Compatibility testing - Multi Browser/Multi - OS/Interface backward Compatibility in native devices and in Emulator and simulator
- Uploaded applications to hand sets by using-Code, SDK and with Appium
- Tested application on mobile platforms as iOS (Simulator) and Android (Emulator) and native devices
- Created an automation Frame work using Appium with Selenium (objects pattern) frame work.
- Automated test scripts using Appium with Selenium TestNG Framework Web Drivers.
- Reporting Bugs through Jira, verifying resolved bugs and their regression in all the affected areas.
- Coordinating with Client teams for user requirements and issue follow-ups.
- Introduced best QA practices to the system
- Introduced automation and gave training to team members on automation on various tools and frame works.
Tools: Mantis (Defect Tool), Automation WCF Storm Tool (Web Service) & SOAP UI Tool
Software Test Engineer
- Analyzed the Business, Functional Requirements and Streamlined the Testing Activities.
- Developed Test Plans, Test Scenarios, and Detailed Test Cases based on the Business Requirements and Functional Specifications.
- Performed tests for Functionality, Security, GUI, End to End, System and Backend
- Creating baseline Excel Template for manual test case flow
- Conducted Knowledge transferring sessions to the new resources for complete understanding of the application
- Worked with technical staff to validate test requirements, resolve design issues and software defects
Environment: Oracle 8i, PL/SQL, Windows XP, UNIX, Toad 7.3, Test Director 7.x, Manual Testing, MS Excel, MS Word