- Over 6 years of diversified IT experience in developing test strategy, comprising Test Plan, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts and Test Reports, automation of testing of various Client/Server and Web applications. Experienced in working on various system platforms and Operating system like all Window (s), Android, iOS, UNIX and Oracle .
- Extensively involved in all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle ( SDLC )
- Have solid knowledge of SDLC and standard test process guide for QA methodologies - Agile Scrum, Waterfall and Iterative
- Developed Behavior Driven Development (BDD) test cases using Gherkins
- Extensive experience in working with Selenium WebDriver with Java
- Expert in working on enhancing the Test Automation framework using Maven, TestNG, Cucumber, and Page Object model (POM) concepts
- Experienced in designing and reviewing Requirements, User Stories, Test Cases, Test Scenarios and Test Scripts of both manual and automated Testing
- Have excellent working experience as well as understanding knowledge of various test tools such as ALM /HP Quality Center, Clear Quest, JIRA, SQL Developer, TOAD, for Automation HPQuick Test Pro/UFT
- Experienced in planning, coordinating and performing of various types of testing like Smoke, Black Box, Functional, Integration, UI, Regression, Front-end, Back-end and UAT
- Developed Test Cases covering both positive, negative and boundary test scenarios
- Experienced in creating Test cases, Test data from business use cases and requirement documents
- Performed Back-end testing of Oracle database, developing complex SQL queries
- Experienced in validating data integrity, backend Data, GUI functionality and Mobile Apps/ Web
- Experienced in executing automated scripts using Quick Test Professional ( QTP)
- Developed Test scripts in QTP for regression
- Expert in ALM/HP Quality Center, Clear Quest to manage test documentation and report/track issues and defects
- Documented test results and managed Defect Tracking process, which included prioritizing bugs, assigning bugs, and verifying bug -fixes, using HP QualityCenter, JIRA, and Rational Clear Quest
- Maintained all scripts in ALM /QC and used it as central repository to maintain different test cases
- Maintained Requirement Traceability Matrices ( RTM ) to measure the testing and requirement progress
- Participated and coordinated team meetings, DCR review meeting, Daily Scrums, and Planning Sprints
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- A strategic planner with good analytical and logical communication and technical aptitude
- A self-motivated and quick learner with determination of learning new technologies.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, TestNG, Maven, HP Quick Test Professional, HP QC/ALM, Clear Quest, JIRA, MS SharePoint, Test Rail, Postman.
Languages: Java, VB Script, SQL, HTML, XML, Jason.
RDBMS: Oracle, DB2, MS SQL-Server, SQL Developer, TOAD, TcU (Team Center Unified)
Operating System: Window(s), Mac, Unix, Linux, Android and iOS
Confidential, Medina, NY
Sr. SQ Engineer
- Participated in release planning, Confidential planning, retrospective, and daily scrum for agile development
- Extensively worked throughout defect life cycle from opening to closure using JIRA
- Participated in Confidential planning meeting and collaborated with Developers and Product Owners. Selected right candidates for automated regression testing
- Developed and maintained automated test scripts to support regression testing and participated actively in system testing and regression testing.
- Developed automation script with Web Driver API using Java, and TestNG and Cucumber test framework
- Used Maven for Project building and Git for version control
- Proficient in using implicitWait, Explicit Wait, WebDriverWait to sync the script with the application during the run time.
- Developed Java codes for Selenium test framework using Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts such as inheritance, polymorphism, encapsulation, and abstraction
- Involved in Functional, Smoke, Usability, Integration, System and Regression testing for each build of the application
- Coordinated testing efforts with teammates and User Acceptance Test (UAT ) with business users
- Managed defects and defect life cycle using IBM Rational ClearQuest and MS SharePoint, and generated defect reports for management
- Performed query operations on TcU to do data validation as well as storing and organizing the managed documents
- Conducted presentations of the Q/A test results with analysis to the stakeholders and users and documented modifications and requirements folowed by 820.30 - CFR - Code of Federal Regulations Title 21.
- Used Continuous Integration Tools (Jenkins) for automation script run in nightly basis and to provide quick feed back to the developers
- Tested application for browser compatibility for internet explorer, Chrome, and Firefox
- Developed and executed Complex SQL quiries to create and modify test data
- Developed and executed test for usability testing, interface testing, service testing, and compatibility testing for mobile devices for iOS and Android
- Was responsible for ensuring the stability and performance of mobile & tablet
- Worked independently with minimum supervision with SDLC teams as well as offshore supporting teams
Confidential, Lake Mary, FL
QA Test Engineer
- Involved in all steps of the ongoing Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
- Learned and mastered Guide wire insurance suite application to be able to effectively perform manual functional testing
- Planned, scheduled and executed functional, system, integration, regression and user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Developed end-to-end functional test plan, including manual and automated test cases and test scripts
- Supported and maintained all testing related activities during system test, regression test, and post-production testing
- Worked in a fast paced, Agile team and participated in Daily Scrum meetings, Planning Sprints and worked under time constraints to meet project deadlines
- Develop Automated test cases using Java and Selenium WebDriver .
- Responsible for creating the element locators using Xpath, and also using the tools like Browser developer tools, Firebug, and Firepath for using inside the automation scripts.
- Work with the Automation team to automate test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, enhance the scripts, use explicit wait, synchronize the scripts, and save the time for regression testing
- Extensively involved in developing regression test scripts, creating output values, doing data driven Test for all the projects using Quick Test Professional.
- Enhanced the scripts by Reusable Actions, Checkpoints, Synchronization points, parameterization and modular test in QTP.
- Developed User Defined Functions (UDF) to support the automated scripts using VB Script
- Performed mobile app and web testing for Android and iOS devices
- Performed cross-browser testing for the web interface and mobile application
- Extensively performed Oracle SQL queries to retrieve/validate/update data from DB tables
- Prepared test strategy and test schedule for new, upgraded application & services
- Identified, tracked, resolved all defects and ensured resolution prior to implementation of software
- Supported and worked with team to prioritize work requests and reported issues/results on a daily/weekly basis
- Coordinated with management and development teams as well as client’s representative regarding outstanding issues to ensure the implementation of software in correct environment
- Extensively used Quality Center for all documentation and report/track all discrepancies
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Develop Test Plan, Test scenarios, test scripts for manual and automation testing
- Maintained and executed test cases and test scripts using Quality Center
- Managed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) by communicating with Users and Technical teams
- Logged, tracked, and verified resolution of software and specification defects using JIRA
- Conducted Front-end, Backend, Web, GUI and Mobile apps testing
- Performed functionality testing, usability testing, smoke testing, ad-hoc testing, UI testing, boundary testing, positive/negative testing, and regression testing
- Involved in requirement analysis prior to implementation
- Conducted presentations of the Q/A test results with analysis to the stakeholders and users
- Updated the Requirement Traceability Matrices (RTM) with modified requirements and linked to test cases
- Attended team meetings, documented review meetings, daily scrum meetings, and Planning Sprints
- Executed PL/SQL statements and stored procedures in Oracle
- Developed and maintained automated test scripts to support regression testing
- Actively participated in system testing and regression testing
- Maintained proper communication with the developers ensuring that the modifications and requirements were addressed and monitored.
Confidential, New York, New York
- Involved in analyzing Business Level Requirements and QA testing strategy
- Wrote test plan, test cases and executed test cases for Retail Web project
- Involved in Validation of the modules of online banking which included External account balance transfer, Chase Pay, Mortgage and HELOC etc.
- Wrote and executed SQL queries for data validation
- Ran automated functional scripts using Quick Test Pro
- Queried the database using SQL to make sure that the database reflects the change
- Executed various procedures, functions and triggers in the database
- Performed smoke test, functional test, integration test, regression test, GUI and Web test
- Managed defects in Clear Quest, assigned them to the responsible persons and tracked them until they were fixed
- Maintained Requirement Traceability Matrices to measure the testing process and requirement progress.
- Worked with team members and end-users.