- QA tester with 6+ years of experience in Quality Assurance (Manual / Automation ) testing with expertise in requirements gathering, Business analysis, design, and application.
- Hands on experience with all Phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Test Life Cycle (STLC)
- Experience in performing System Integration testing, Regression testing, Performance testing, Load testing and coordinating User Acceptance Testing
- Extensive experience in analyzing, reviewing and understanding of Business/Functional & Testing requirements and writing Test Plans, Test Strategy, Test Scripting, creating Test Scenarios, analyzing results and preparing result summary report
- Experience in software engineering methodologies or SDLC like Waterfall methodologies and Agile/Scrum
- Strong skills in object oriented programming(JAVA)
- Designed and Developed Automation test scripts in Java implementing test in selenium Web Driver
- Experience with open source tools Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Web Driver)
- Designed and Developed Automation frameworks in JUnit, Testing and RPA (UI Path).
- Knowledge of testing API and web services using SOAP UI and postman client.
- Extensive experience in Developing, Executing and Maintaining Test Strategy, Test Suites, Test Plans and Test Scenarios
- Extensive Experience with creating and maintaining Requirement Traceability Matrices(RTM)
- Excellent working knowledge in design & implementation of QA Test strategy plans and Test Cases.
- Experience with Database tools like SQL Developer, TOAD.
- Expertise in Problem solving and Defect Tracking Tools like HP ALM (Quality Center), Bugzilla and JIRA
- Knowledge of different database Oracle, DB2 Postgr2SQL and MySQL
- Strengths include excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to provide solutions from a functional and technical perspective, meet deadlines, quickly build client rapport and be a team player.
Database Systems: MySQL, Oracle
Bug Tracking tools: HP ALM (Quality Center), JIRA and Bugzilla
Testing Tools: Mercury QTP, Selenium, Web driver, SOAPUI, REST Client, JMeter
IDE Framework: Eclipse IDE, Intellij
Application Server: Weblogic, JBoss, Tomcat
Operating System: Windows, Linux, Mac
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, Scrum
Confidential, Plano, TX
Sr. QA Tester
- Worked in Agile development environment, analyzed the user stories (Requirements) and attended daily standup meetings and Sprints.
- Involved in developing Test Plan, wrote Test cases, and executed the automated and manual test cases.
- Involved in DEV QA meeting to discuss the scenarios.
- Actively involved in Functional, Regression, Smoke, UAT and Integration Testing in Agile methodology.
- Attended Retrospective using Trello
- Attended sprint plan meetings every two weeks to review the user stories.
- Detected Defects, communicated to the developers and Tracked the Defects using HP ALM.
- Conducted Regression Testing followed by the System Testing and Negative testing.
- Responsible for application code deployment using Jenkins and CMD prompt.
- Extensively used HP ALM for test planning, bug tracking and reporting.
- Uploaded Business requirements, test scenarios, test cases and defects to Rally.
- Developed and executed SQL to validate the results in Web Services and Front end with Database.
- Responsible for application code checking using SVN version control
- Participated in RTM - Test case’s Walkthroughs and defect report meetings periodically.
- Participated in Production Implementation.
- Checking the logs using remote desktop/winscp tool.
- Developed Test Plans, test scripts and executed the test scripts for Mind mapping - Mind Map DW Project.
- Thorough out the project in various iterations/Sprints - conducted system testing, integration testing, functional testing and integration testing.
- Developed complex SQL queries for querying data against different data bases for data verification process.
- Prepared the Test Plan and Testing Strategies for Data Warehousing Application
- Developed ETL test scripts based on technical specifications/Data design documents and Source to Target mappings.
- Extensively interacted with developers, business& management teams to understand the OPM project business requirements and ETL design document specifications.
- Participated in regular project status meetings and QA status meetings.
- Extensively used and developed SQL scripts/queries in backend testing of Databases.
- Written test cases to test the application in Quality Center 9.0 and 11.0(ALM)
- Prepared daily status reports with details of executed, passed, and failed test cases and defect status.
- Tested a number of complex ETL mappings, mapplets and reusable transformations for daily data loads.
- Creating test cases for ETL mappings and design documents for production support, Setting up, monitoring and using Job Control System in Development/QA/Prod
- Extensively worked with flat files and excel sheet data sources. Wrote scripts to test the flat files data in the databases scheduling and automating jobs to be run in a batch process
Environment: HP ALM, Java, JSP, Web Services, WSDL, Java Beans, Tomcat, JMS, WebSphere Application Server, Maven, Oracle 12C, Oracle 11g, SQL Developer, SVN, OpenLaszlo, JMeter.
Confidential, Memphis, TN
- Involved in Implementing HP Quality Centre(QC) for Requirement Management,Test Design,Test Execution,Defect Logging,Requirement Mapping with Test cases.
- Involved in Creation ofTest Plan, Test Scenarios and test case execution using Quality Centre.
- Preparing Automation test cases using Java Script for Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed and Executed Manual and automated tests in different platforms using Java and Selenium Library.
- Maintainance/Updation to Test Plans after cycles and Exploratory testing.
- Attending Bug review meetings,Providing test progress and problem status.
- Testing the Functionality of the Sales Website and also performing Usability testing.
- Verifying the performance of the Sales website by pulling the reports and validating the data.
- Prepare the test data for Positive and Negative testingfor executing the test cases.
- Performed backend database testing by writing SQL and PL/SQL scripts to verify data integrity.
- Prepare and Run the Test cases for User Acceptance(UAT),Functional and Regression Testing.
- Tracking and documenting all the issues and defects to ensure application software functionality for present and future builds.
- Validating the reports against the database to ensure that the data entered by the users is being exactly reflected on the reports.
- Wrote SQL queries for each Test case and executed in SQL Plus to validate the data.
- Involved in Integration Testing, System Testing, System Interface Testing, Regression Testing, Acceptance Testing and End to End testing
- Setup scenarios and related datasets for weekly batch tests and reported/fixed issues encountered.
- Used Unix Commands in autosys to Schedule the scripts
- Performed backend testing for data validation by extensive use of SQL using Rapid SQL.
- Performed SQL querying to validate the data in the back end database and also to check the data flow between different modules
- Performed Integration testing for system compatibility, Performed Positive and Negative testing.
- Support the Users of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) after the final cycle of System Integration Testing (SIT).
- Performed Initial, Retesting and Roll-forward testing.
- Modified and added to test scripts to bring them in alignment with controls wording.
- Updated IT environment document for use by external auditors on SharePoint.
- Attended standup meetings and follows up with team members as required focusing on business and operational issues or technical issues.
- Executed the test scripts in quality center and responsible for reporting the defects by using Quality center defect tracker.
- Executed the regression test cases along with testing new enhancements by using QTP and analyzed results.
- Attended the status meetings and reporting the issues and also collecting status from all other team members and provided the support for onsite and offshore teams.
- Created test case scenarios, executed test cases and maintained defects in internal bug tracking systems
- Developed and executed various manual testing scenarios and exceptionally documented the process to perform functional testing of the application
- Managed multiple OLAP and ETL projects for various testing needs.
- Developed advanced SQL queries to extract, manipulate, and/or calculate information to fulfill data and reporting requirements including identifying the tables and columns from which data is extracted.
- Tested the entire data reconciliation process for multiple source and target systems.
- Performed extensive Data Validation, Data Verification against Data Warehouse
- Loading Flat File Data into Teradata tables using Unix Shell scripts.
- Tested several BO Reports for several business needs including Dashboards, Drill-Down, Master-Detailed, Aggregated, KPI's, Grouped List, Cascade and Web Reports.
- Responsible for validation of Target data in Data Warehouse and Data Marts which are Transformed and Loaded using Informatica Power Center.
- Tested and validated the Business Objects reports by running similar SQL queries against the source system (s)
- Tested several Informatica Mappings to validate the business conditions.
- Formulating the QA plan for black box testing of the application including Functional, Regression, Integration, Systems and User Acceptance Testing
- Performed Data Analysis and developed Data mapping documents for ETL (SSIS) projects
- Testing the source and target databases for conformance to specifications
- Design and execute the test cases on the application as per company standards and tracked the defects using HP Quality Center 10
- Designed and prepared scripts to monitor uptime/downtime of different system components