- Over 8 years of experience in IT Industry as Software Quality Assurance Engineer on Software Testing, Mobile Testing, Client/Server and Web Based applications.
- Experienced in building Selenium Automation frameworks using Junit/TestNG and also developing ANT/Maven targets to execute automation suites using command line.
- Familiar with Mobile App testing using Appium and Selenium Mobile Drivers on IOS and Android Devices.
- Experienced in creating Test Plans, defining Test Scenarios and Test Cases, developing and maintaining Test Scripts, analyzing bugs, coordinating with development team and track bug fixes till closure.
- Strong experience in Coordinating Functional, Regression, User Acceptance, Load, Performance, Stress, Smoke, Confidential testing of Client - Server and Web based applications.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy and informative recreation steps using Quality Centre, JIRA, IBM Clear Quest, BugZilla etc.,
- Hands on experience in performing SQL server backend testing and Data Warehouse testing.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM and waterfall models and TDD.
- Knowledge of SOA methodology and Web service testing using any automated testing tool.
- Coordinated with Business Analysts and IT Technical Delivery Leads to complete testing specifications and release requirements.
- Associated in team meeting giving the status reports for the team on test execution and results.
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver/RC/IDE/GRID, Appium, QTP, HP Quality Center, SOAP UI, Jbehave, Cucumber, TestNG, Junit.
Defect Tracking Tools: JIRA, Zephyr, BugZilla, IBM Rational ClearQuest
Build Tools: Eclipse IDE, Net Beans IDE, ANT, MAVEN
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson
Project Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall, V-model
Databases: Oracle, DB2, MS SQL Server
Sr. QA Automation Engineer
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
- Responsible for periodic updating of Test Plans and Test Cases as per Requirement Specifications and Business rules.
- Used Appium for mobile app testing Android and iOS. Integrated Appium for distributing tests on the cloud.
- Developed automation script for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium, Java.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application's GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium Web Driver.
- Expertise in designing and implementing Selenium Automation Frameworks using Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM).
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using CSS selectors and XPATH in Selenium.
- Configured MAVEN builds scripts to run tests, develops reports and sends notifications.
- Used Selenium for testing different browser, Selenium Grid for checking instance of server and for record and playback.
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Developed Cucumber framework using Selenium Web Driver.
- Implemented open source web test tool Selenium Web Driver for cross browser and cross platform web testing.
- Developed Web services component using XML, WSDL, and SOAP with DOM parser to transfer and transform data between applications.
- Executed SQL queries to verify the database for the relevant test cases.
- Categorized bugs based on severity and priority.
- Performed Data Accuracy, Data Validation, and Data Integrity testing by querying the database using SQL Queries to check the data table on the Server.
- Performed Regression testing on new builds, every modification in the application using Selenium.
- Responsible for documenting the Automated Test results using SOAP UI.
Environment: Java 1.8, .Net, VB Script, Selenium Web Driver, Appium, TestNG, Jenkins, Maven, Cucumber, Eclipse, HTML, CSS, SOAP UI, BDD, TDD Framework, Gherkin, XML, JIRA, LINUX, Oracle 10g, SQL, Agile Methodology, Xpath Java Scripting.
Sr.Quality Automation Engineer
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Assessed & Analyzed user stories and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings and developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports.
- Developed and Executed Test Scripts using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, analyzed Test Results.
- Handled the special mouse events and selected the options from the tab menu using SeleniumActions Builder, Mouse Hover and Synchronization.
- Achieved Synchronization between test scripts execution and application using Implicit waits and Explicit waits.
- Used Firebug, FirePath to debug, edit and locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CSS Selector, Link, Partial Link, Attributes and Tags.
- Used Selenium Grid to run the scripts in multiple platforms and browsers.
- Involved in grouping of Test automation framework for Smoke Test to ascertain that the crucial functions of the application.
- Implemented Data Driven with Page Object Model automation framework with Selenium Web Driver.
- Performed Parallel and Cross Browser testing on different browsers using TestNG where multiple tests were run in parallel.
- Implemented TestNG work and used Parameters, Data Provider TestNG annotations.
- Used Apache POI to read data from Excel sheet for data driven testing.
- Implemented Regression Test to detect bugs after enhancement and configuration settings of the code.
- Used AutoIT for automating the Windows GUI and general scripting.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from SQL Server.
- Involved in functional testing of SOAP and REST services using SOAP UI Tool and tested both XML and JSON formats.
- Prepared BDD scenarios for UAT (User Acceptance testing) using Cucumber.
- Wrote Scenarios, Scenario outlines and Step definitions using Gherkin in Cucumber for BDD.
- Configured and launched builds using Jenkins jobs and analyzed the Test Results from Jenkins UI.
- Developed Mobile Web Browser Automation test cases using Appium Java client.
- Worked with developers to update the defects, resolve them and track their status using JIRA.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid, Core Java, Cucumber, TestNG, GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, SQL, AutoIT, Apache POI, JIRA, SOAPUI, SQL Server, Eclipse.
QA Automation Engineer
Confidential, Salt Lake City, UT
- Involved in gathering business requirement, studying the application and collecting the information from developers, and business.
- Engagement supported Testing of billing for the Account Management via the MyAccount Customer Portal.
- Extensively used Selenium Web Driver API, Junit API and TestNG API to write test cases and automate all these test cases.
- Cucumber was used for the entire Regression Testing and Functional Testing with Selenium as primary tool to the Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test conditions identified.
- Web Service: Validated Web Service modules using Soap UI tool (Preparing web service request and added authentication information in Soap Header). Possess understanding of WSDL, schema, XML documents for Web Service Testing.
- Developed Keyword Driven and Data Driven frameworks to retrieve test actions, test data from Excel files and SQL Databases.
- Parameterized large and complex test data to accurate depict production trends.
- Validated the scripts to make sure they have been executed correctly and meets the scenario description.
- Work closely with software developers and take an active role in ensuring that the software components meet the highest quality standards.
- Used Appium tool to tested automation test scripts on both IOS and Android platforms for native and mobile websites on mobile devices.
- Provide support to the development team in identifying real world use cases and appropriate workflows
- Performs in-depth analysis to isolate points of failure in the application.
- Assist in production of testing and capacity certification reports.
Environment: and Tools: HP UNIX, Windows 2007, Tortoise SVN, Selenium IDE/Web Driver, Test NG, Junit, Eclipse IDE, Firebug, JIRA.
QA Automation Engineer
Confidential, Lawrence, PA
- Analyzing business requirements and discussing requirements with business analyst
- Worked with the test team in preparing the test plan and test Efforts estimation, Test cases and Requirement traceability documents
- Designing the Test scenarios according to the given requirements
- Created and mocked up test data in MySQL and designed test cases according to data mapping sheet
- Extensively worked on designing and developing the test cases for newly developed functionalities.
- Worked with the functionality and Regression testing cycles of major product releases by developing test suite using selenium Web Driver.
- Implemented Data driven (through importing test data from excel files) and module driven frameworks.
- Extensively used Selenium IDE for record and playback to identify web elements and for testing some of the functionalities.
- Executed both positive and negative Test cases of functionality and Regression Tests.
- Prepared and executed Manual test cases for functionalities that could not be automated.
- Used BugZilla to document issues found during the test automation process.
- Involved in the Setting up of Continuous Integration system for QA using Jenkins.
- Involved in the integration of Automation test suits with Jenkins Server in order to execute automation scripts on a regular basis by scheduling Jenkins jobs in different test environments with different test configurations
- Extensively worked with End-to-end testing for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Validated the customer account records and their order details with Databases using SQL Queries.
- Designed complicated queries for comparing source and target tables
- Assigned tasks to team members
- Shared daily status report and weekly status reports with client stake holders.
- Reviewed Technical Specification System Requirement Specification, and functional design documents to accomplish a better understanding of the project.
- Web services testing using SOAPUI (Get Method, POST Method) -SOAP and Restful (JSON) in Java in Web Application.
- Prepared and executed Test Cases manually for different modules per the Technical Specification, and Functional Design with all Use Case or User Story documents.
- As a Software Developer Engineer in Test (SDET)
- Assessed and analyzed user stories and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings and developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports
- Worked with data types, variable and variable declaration, naming convention, constants and assigning values to the variables in VB scripting under QTP testing tool.
- Implemented Black-Box Testing, Functionality, GUI and Regression Testing for the entire application, for various builds in a team environment.
- Ensured all test plans, test cases and document Actively involved in SDLC and STLC process and used tools like Selenium RC/Web driver, SOAP UI. that was traceable to original requirements.
- Worked with Retesting and Regression testing.
Environment: UFT, Quality Center, Confidential Testing, Windows, VBScript, MS Office, UNIX/Linux, HTML, XML, Windows 7/Expo.
- Completed performance and security reviews using LoadRunner.
- Identified performance issues with the application and the integrated external procurement system from an outside vendor.
- Provided recommendations to the application owner on steps to meet performance goals. Load and stress tested a clustered Business Object's Web Intelligence deployment (IIS, Oracle, Sybase, Windows and Solaris UNIX).
- Functional testing performed for policy management claim management, accounting and billing module using the AS/400 and legacy mainframe environment.
- Determined the scalability of the clustered configuration and benchmarked the cluster's performance under load.
- Performed testing in functional expertise for finance modules such as GL, FA, AP, PA, AR, CM
- Tested end-to-end integration of Oracle financial applications for improvement of project from assessment to production.
- Supported as a functional analyst/subject matter expert for financial and billing transaction.
- Executed test cases of data migration for fixed asset, general ledger and accounts payable.
Environment: Oracle, J2EE, AS/400, WinRunner, LoadRunner, QTP, TestDirector, ASP, DB2, .Net and UNIX