- Software Test Automation Engineer with 7 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance and Software testing in various industries, projects, and environments. Specialized in automated testing Software Quality Assurance Testing, proficient in testing on Client/Server and Web based applications.
- Experience in all phases of SDLC/ STLC including Analysis, Design, Development, and Testing in different QA Processes like V - model, Agile model and Waterfall model.
- Proficiency in Unit Testing, Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Positive and Negative Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing and Regression Testing of Web Based Applications .
- Worked in Multiplatform Environments such as Windows, UNIX, Web applications, and GUI based Client/Server applications.
- Responsible for writing test cases and maintaining test scripts as per the Business Specifications and Functional Requirements.
- Expertise in Selenium Automation using Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, Java,TestNG, JUnit & ANT, Involved in the Design and implemented different Automation frameworks such as Keyword Driven Framework, Data Driven Framework and Hybrid Framework for various projects.
- Maintained Selenium and Java Automation Code and resources in source controls like GIT for improvements and new features.
- Designed and implemented different Automation frameworks from scratch like Page Objects Framework and Data Driven Framework.
- Experienced in different types of testing on AUT like GUI, Functional, Regression,Unit Testing, System Testing, Integration, Performance and End to End Testing.
- Experience in Testing Databases of RDBMS in SQL, DB2 and SQL SERVER.
- Excellent skills with writing and analyzing complex SQL queries.
- Proficient in Defect Management, including Defect creation, modification, tracking, and reporting using Quality center /JIRA.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new tools and technologies very quickly.
- Results oriented, with an ability to work with aggressive time lines for any assignment to successful completion within the established project schedule and budgetary constraints.
- Self-starter and a Team Player with excellent communication, interpersonal, positive thinking and mentoring skills and a good aptitude for learning .
- Effective Time Management Skills and consistent ability to meet client deadline.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and changing priorities.
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver, JIRA.
Programming Languages: Java, SQL, HTML, XML.
Databases: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MySql.
Web/App servers: IIS, Apache, Web Sphere, Web Logic.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, Linux.
Sr. QA Selenium/ Automation Tester
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
- Writing, Reviewing & Executing test cases, test scripts for Functional, Integration, System, GUI, Analysis of Business and Requirement Specifications.
- Designing Test Lab and formulation of Test Strategy, Test Plans Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the Application and Automated it by using Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, WebDriver and TestNG framework.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Test Automation (Java / TestNG).
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium Automation scripts in Java using TestNG prior to Agile release.
- Updating the Test Automation Suite regularly to ensure its accuracy and usefulness to the testing process.
- Running the test automation suite against new builds to confirm their stability and functionality.
- Involved in Maven configuration for running servers and scripts after the build.
- Involved in preparing a report of all automation difficulties and test results for further Application using Maven.
- Used Jenkins as Continuous Integration Server to run automated test suites.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration Tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Used Web-debugging Tools like XPath, Firebug and Firepath to locate elements.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML ids and XPATH in Selenium.
- Performed Regression testing for new builds and every modification in the application using Selenium.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to run test cases in multiple Browsers and Platforms.
- Performed Data Driven testing by using JDBC as a data source &configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Reported software defects in JIRA and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Analyzed test results, tracked the defects and generated reports using JIRA .
- Involved in designing and building Automation Frameworks in support of Continuous Integration.
- Performed Smoke Testing to make sure all the Test Channels and Test Environment is working as desired.
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
- Maintained Metrics and participated in the Weekly Status Updates showing the progress of the testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Maven, TestNG, JIRA, Firepath, Firebug, Eclipse, XPATH, Java, HTML, CSS, SQL, Oracle and Windows.
Confidential, Germantown, MD
- Prepared System Test Strategies and system test audit reports.
- Worked with business administrator and medical biller to understand the workflow of billing system, which ensured to write effective test cases for UAT testing.
- Worked with Nurses and Rad-tech to understand supplies used to do a procedure.
- Worked extensively with Medical Billers to understand their workflow and created test cases and user stories for QA based on it
- Logged defects and work with developers and configuration to resolve issues encountered during testing.
- Developed system test cases and scripts for desktop, tablet and mobile separately.
- Performed test validation.
- Prepared/acquired system test data.
- Preparation and execution of Automation Test Scripts and Test Suites with Selenium Web Driver using TestNG
- Created Selenium Test cases for automation using Selenium RC and Java Performed Smoke, Functional, Regression, System and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) in Web Application.
- Performed Back End Testing manually.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automate it by using Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in developing Selenium automation framework using TestNG.
- Extensively involved in writing manual test cases, automated test scripts and executing manual and automated test scripts for System testing and Regression testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Created Automation script using Selenium WebDriver.
- Provide support and data as and when needed to the performance Team.
- Reported Defects in Defect tracking tool of JIRA by assigning Defects to development that are encountered during testing phase based on application teams.
- Recommend and implement naming convention for Test Cases, Test Sets and Defects.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Selenium IDE, Maven, Eclipse, TestNG, Java, J2EE, JIRA, Firebug, Firepath.
Jr. Tester / Selenium Tester
Confidential, Stafford , VA
- Create test plan, test cases, test scripts to support specific software testing objectives, and assist team in creation, review, and finalization of Agile stories and story acceptance criteria.
- Reviews and give value added input on the Product Requirement Documents created by Project Manager.
- Created scripts using Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, GRID and setup with Jenkins to run after deployment is done.
- Configured Selenium and GRID scripts on Virtual machines.
- Attended daily defect status meetings and weekly team status meetings for reporting testing status and shared ideas for improved testing efforts.
- Generated Reports, Graphs and live analysis graphs in Quality center.
- Performed analysis, Assessment, Task distribution, Scheduling, Reporting, Meeting scheduling, etc. using MS Project, MS Power point, MS word, MS Excel.
- Distributed or assigned tasks among Managers, Testers, Team Members and Development related personnel.
- Performed Functional, System-Integration and Regression testing.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Java, JUnit, Maven, Quality center, Eclipse.