- Over 10 years of information technology experience in analysis, design, development, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and testing of business applications.
- Proficient with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including business requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation of application.
- Excellent working knowledge of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Strong expertise in application testing and quality assurance of Client/Server, Web based, n - tier,mobile & Windows based applications.
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile software developmental methodologies
- Key expertise includes automation using QTP, SeleniumIDE and Web Driver, Cucumber, HPLoadRunner, PerformanceCenter, WinRunner, AutoIt, and SilkTest automation tools, manual testing methodologies and different defect management tools.
- Experience in Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG, WebDriver,NUnit,JMeter and SOAPUI.
- Experience in several AWS services EC2, VPC, S3, DynamoDB, Cloud Watch, Auto scaling configurations etc.
- Experience in Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure, and Automation like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Maven, Jenkins, Chef, SVN, GitHub, and Linux.
- Experienced professional in designing high level test scenarios based on the specifications and business rules.
- Sound knowledge in manual testing processes and automation script development for multi-lingual applications.
- Migrated automation framework from SilkTest to QTP and also created new Automation in QTP.
- Automation framework works with a series of applications with similar UI but have distinct application and usage.
- Skilled professional in C#.Net and object-oriented programming (OOPS).
- Expertise in analyzing the business and system requirements to document Test Plans, Designing Test Cases, Setting up Test Environment and Analyzing Test Results.
- Closely worked with end-users during User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and analyzed the UAT results.
- Strong knowledge base in database design and programming (stored procedures, functions, views, DDL and DML) using SQL Server 2008/2012/2015/2017 .
- Strong experience working with large and complex data sources using SQL queries.
- Execute functional, non-functional, regression, integration, system, performance, acceptance and stress tests.
- Address all technical issues, facilitate the resolution and necessary follow up with PM, PO, IS/IT, Development, and other cross-functional departments.
- Participate in daily standup meetings and retrospective project meetings, and present demos to the Product Owner.
- Experience in organizing and leadingdesign document reviews, code reviews, bug discussions, kick-off, and product validation meetings with testers, developers and project stake holders.
- Possess Management skills including implementing and maintaining QA processes and activities.
- Prepare Effort Estimations and Status reports for the team.
- Prepare Test Summary Report and Understanding Documents.
- Work with cross functional teams for coordination during project quality assurance.
- Developed many small tools that helped both development and QA team during project.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
Test Automation Tools: UFT (QTP), Selenium
QA Methodologies: Agile and Waterfall
Programming Languages: C, C++, C#, Java, VB Script, SQL, .NET, Visual Basic
Databases: SQL Server 2014/2012/2010, MS Access, Oracle 10g and 9i
Designer Tools: MS Visio
Operating Systems: Win 10, Win 8, Win 7, Win XP and UNIX
Technologies: Flash, ASP.NET, HTML, XHTML, XML, CSS
Version Control: SVN, TFS, GIT
Bug Tracker: BugZilla, JIRA
PM Tools: MS Project
Organization Standards: Six Sigma Green Belt - DFSS
MS Office Tools: Excel, Word, Power Point, Access, Outlook
Confidential, Washington, D.C
Lead QA Analyst
- Lead QA team to analyze functional requirements and document user specifications and business rules.
- Interacted with internal customers and teams to understand specific requirements and converted them into Sprints.
- Scheduled the team efforts and estimating the time frame, used MS-Project for scheduling the efforts. Review the high level test schedules with the stake holders.
- Designed test cases based on the initial reviews with internal and external teams and reviewed them with the stake holders.
- Responsible to update and design new test plans in HP ALM.
- Responsible for implementing new automation, architecting the testing infrastructure, and setting up the testing environment for the team.
- Created Test cases for automation using UFT (QTP) and VBScript.
- Executed parallel browser testing on various machines and performed cross browser testing.
- Interacted with the developers to report and using HP ALM/ Quality Center.
- Added new automation to broadcast automation results over email to the team and stakeholders.
- Used SQL stored procedures to pull the data from the software DB.
- Performed functional tests on the new feature development.
- Executed integration tests to check the module behavior in the system.
- System tests are performed to check the application usability when all modules are integrated.
- Regression testing was on all old and new features to make sure that nothing is affected.
- Developed and deployed test automation scripts to do end to end performance testing using Load Runner.
- Identified critical bugs during testing phase and helped development team to fix the issues by explaining the use cases.
- Documented all the issues in BugZilla and also prepared the various documents to update the project progress to the managers.
- Performed regression testing on the final builds before going for the User Acceptance Testing.
- Maintained code versions in SVN.
- Presented Automation Test result analysis during daily stand up meetings.
Environment: HP ALM/Quality Center 10.0, UFT 12.54 (QTP), VBScript, MS-Office, QTP, MS-PowerPoint, Windows, XML and HTML.
Confidential, Bartlesville, OK
Sr. QA Analyst
- Involved in gathering functional requirements, business requirements and design documents
- Also was part of review and analysis of the BRS documents.
- Prepared test plans in accordance with the business requirements.
- Developed detailed test cases based on test plans, functional requirements and design documents.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical bugs in the application.
- Automated all new features using Selenium.
- Responsible for creating functional libraries, Recovery Scenarios, and designing test cases.
- Involved in developing the Selenium scripts for assigned test cases.
- Performed regression testing on new builds and every modification in the application using Selenium.
- Created test bed setup for carrying out manual and automation testing, identified the test data to execute the test cases.
- Executed positive and negative scenarios and performed functionality, negative, Security, GUI, integration, and system testing.
- Executed tests on various windows environments.
- Pulled data from database with complex SQL queries and Stored Procedures etc.
- Communicated, reported and tracked defects using JIRA with proper severity and priority.
- Provided subset of functional test cases to UAT test and performed front end functionality and GUI testing.
- Conducted regression testing after every new build and Worked with users on User Acceptance Testing.
- Responsible in tracking and reporting defects using JIRA and was also responsible for communicating the status to the development team.
- Prepared the required documentation and was involved in End release.
- Conducted Daily status meetings among the offshore and onshore test teams and was part of Weekly status meeting with development and management Teams.
Confidential, Catonsville, MD
- Prepare test plans in accordance with the business requirements.
- Preparing test scenarios and test cases and getting signoff from the test manager for the same.
- Daily meetings to discuss individual project progress.
- Weekly status meeting to discuss about the workload, and issues.
- Conducted regression testing after every new build.
- Involved in all the phases of validation process like test planning, test requirements, and testing.
- Developed test sets in QC and prepared execution flow
- Automation test run and analysis of test results.
- Executed functional testing to identify bugs in the newly developed modules.
- Created small tool in C#.Net to represent data gathered during testing in graphical view.
- Enhanced existing QTP automation framework to support new features.
- Used HP Quality Center to report defects and test results.
- Regression testing was done on the complete build to identify issues with when a system is put together.
- Most of the regression testing was done using automation but some features were tested manually.
- Was involved in data validation and defect management.
- Performed backend testing for checking data validation and data integrity.
- Modified existing test plan for the changes and setup the manual test strategy.
- Conducted various types of testing like functional testing, end-to-end testing, GUI, browser compatibility, and regression testing.
- Uploaded & executed the test cases and did defect logging and tracking in quality center until the defect closure.
- Responsible in tracking and reporting defects using QC and was also responsible for communicating the status to the development team.
- Getting the sign off from the test manager once the testing has reached the exit criteria.
- Involved in writing test cases and executing the test cases in applying for the remote monitoring and maintenance of IEDs.
- Developed test cases and executed the test cases by better understanding of functionality of the IEDs.
- Conducted walkthroughs and review meetings with the development team to set a freeze date and gather input for creating the master test plan document.
- Involved in various testing types like User Acceptance Testing (UAT), GUI, sanity and smoke, integration testing, regression testing, security testing on the application under test.
- Used VBScript for writing automated tests in QTP for different functionality in the application.
- Developed scripts for unit testing, functional testing, regression testing, and performance testing.
- Created a test setup for system testing and load testing.
- Used HP Quality Center to maintained defect repository and followed the bug life cycle until the bugs are fixed or closed.
- Used SQL (Structured Query Language) queries for backend testing and compared the reports in the application.
- Extensively involved in quality deliverables on time, preparing day to day testing status report and weekly status report for upper level management. Created customized report on test coverage cycle, requirement coverage.
- Maintained the Traceability Matrix between requirements, design components, test cases and defects. Created traceability matrix to trace each test case and associated them with the registered requirement
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT). Prepared test environments to simulate real time environment based on user specifications.
- Used Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology for the project and involved in all phases from inception to delivery.
- Actively involved in organizing, leading team meetings and presenting the team forward for updates.
- Communicated updates, issues, progress etc. to the stakeholders and managers on time.
- Worked with a team of 4 testers for Manual and Automated Testing of the application under test.
- Setting up environment for manual and automated testing.
- Analyzing business documents to create test strategy plan, traceability matrixes, test scenarios, and test cases
- Worked on the assigned tasks to perform the following:
- Functionality and Regression testing manually and automated testing using Testing Tool SilkTest.
- Used the in-build application logic to load the system under test for performance testing and the performance matrix was captured using automation tool.
- Managing all the testing activities including bugs tracking system using Excel interfaced tool.
- Performing integration testing (Application with device and then integrating with another multi-platform software).
- Migrated the SilkTest Automation to QTP.
- Lead a team of 3 for migrating and creating the new automation framework.
- Educated the team with automation framework and helped every team member in analyzing the automation results.
- Conducting timely meetings with the testing team and developer to discuss progress and issues.
- Preparing QA Status Reports, QA Summary Reports, QA Test Logs, Defect Logs and also Preparing weekly progress, and system integration testing reports
Environment: SilkTest, QTP, SQL, BugZilla, Visual Studio 2008, Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server, Windows 7, Visual SourceSafe.