- QA with over 7 yearsof commendableexperience seeking challenging assignments across the industry
- Competent & highly result orientedQualityAnalystwith over 7 years of commendableIT experience in various business Domains Specially Banking and Healthcare.
- In Depth knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Test Life Cycle (STLC) using Waterfall, RUP and AGILE SCRIM Methodologies.
- Expert in using various elicitation techniques like Interviews, Surveys and JAD sessions for requirements gathering.
- In depth knowledge in creation of Functional Requirements Document(FRD) using user requirements, Business Requirements Document(BRD) using Business needs, Non Functional Requirements Document(NFRD) and Use Case Documents.
- Well versed in UML modelling and creation of UseCase Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and DataFlow Diagrams using MS Visio and Ration Rose.
- Highly experienced in using Requirement and Test Management Tools like HP ALM/QC and Rational Requisite Pro.
- Good experience in performing Gap Analysis, Risk Analysis, Impact Analysis and feasibility Analysis for the business to evaluate the potential benefit of the new system.
- Expert in using bug tracking tools JIRA and HPALM (Application Lifecycle Management).
- Well versed in Extracting data from different sources, analyze, collate and transform the data (SQL) using in DB2/Oracle/MySQL and Teradata and present the data in different formats as desired by the team, to solve business problems.
- Experience in Mobile Apps Testing of Native apps, Web apps, Hybrid apps with Exploratory Testing on Mobile and Tablet devices .
- Experience with Mobile Automation Tool Device Anywhere and Appium automation framework and knowledge of PyUnit .
- Diverse experience of Quality Assurance and testing with emphasis on White Box Testing, Front End Testing (Functional Testing and GUI Testing) and Regression Testing of Web based applications.
- Experience in creating Test Strategy, Test Plans and Test Cases, Test Estimation, Requirement Traceability Matrix and expert in preparation of Test Summary Report, User Guide & Training.
- Expertise with full Project Life Cycle, QA Management, Team Management and Documentation.
- Diverse experience in managing Defect life cycle, defect logging and tracking of defects and Expertise in researching and root cause analysis of defects.
- Hands on experience with using SQL query language to perform DataMigration, DataValidation and DataMapping to manipulate, analyze and identify trends in the transactional data from the SQL database.
- Successful track record in spearheading and implementing various projects within agreed timelines without incidences of overruns.
- Possess excellent Relationship management and Team coordination skills with expertise in motivating and mentoring Team members.
- Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, communication, prioritization, problem solving and leadership skills with ability to create and sustain high work tempo.
Database: Oracle 11g, MySQL, DB2, Teradata
Project Methodologies: RUP, Water fall, Agile SCRUM
Business Modelling Tools: UML, MS VISIO, Rational Rose
Application Tools: MS - Office, MS-Project
Operating Systems: Windows, z/OS, Mac OS, MVS
Requirement Management Tools: HP ALM, HP QC, Rational Requisite Pro
Defect Management Tools: HP ALM, JIRA
Development Tools: Endevor,Xpeditor, Eclipse
Environment: SCRUM, MS OFFICE SUITE,MS VISIO,SQL,HP ALM
- Interacted with SME’s to gather information on how Remote Check works.
- Analyzed business requirements and segregated them into Use Cases and activity diagrams using MS Visio thus defining the Process Models.
- Followed SCRUM methodology for the life cycle of the project.
- Helped the project owner in coming up with the project stories.
- Reviewed Business Documents and Functional RequirementDocuments and detail design documents.
- Developed detailed Test Plans and Test Cases according to business requirements by using HP ALM Quality Center.
- Executed Manual test cases on all functionalities of an application by using positive and negative data inputs.
- Created appropriate Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scenario for the testing.
- Assisted in Cross-browser testing across different browsers, such as Chrome, Firefox, and etc.
- Inducted the SEC (Standard Entry Class Codes set forth by NACHA) and the Check21 Law guidelines while writing requirements for the application.
- Conducted requirements walkthrough for every sprint so team does not face any road blocks.
- Execution of test scripts using Selenium WebDriver using JUnit frame work
- Enhanced Automation script using Selenium IDE/RC/Webdriver, JUnit.
- Supported the ScrumMaster in maintaining User Stories, creating and prioritizing the (Product, Release, Sprint) Backlog, coordinated Sprint Planning Sessions, conducting Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Analyzed the outputs of the depositedCheck images using the remote desktop capture feature to write requirements for the mobile application.
- Identified defects and generated reports by using HP ALM Defect Module.
- Identified, managed and resolved the defects found during test execution through the Defects module of HP ALM.
- Testing performed on real devices as well as mobile clouds - Perfecto.
- Testing of all the MDA (Mobile Downloadable Apps) for iOS system.
- Devices used for manual testing: IPhone (6, 5S, 5, 4G) IPad, IPad Air and IPod.
- Tested compatibility of application for various crossbrowsers using XPath in Selenium .
- Testing the mobile base site for ADA compliance (Accessibility) with Jaws, voiceover and talkback on desktop and various IOS devices.
- Ensured that all processes and procedures for testing is documented, implemented, monitored enforced and established referring to the pre-defined standards.
- Executed the Backend Testing using SQL queries. And executed Integration Testing and Regression Testing to ensure new added features worded as a whole.
- Reviewed existing test cases and added additional and complex test scenarios based on the application functionalities.
- Documented and maintained the content and structure of all the testing documents/artifacts.
- Utilized ALM to create Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) which to make sure there is a complete coverage, and store all test documents - test cases, results, defects and reports.
- Facilitated the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) team by working with users and documenting gaps in the enhanced version of the application.
Environment: MSP, Project Life Cycle (PLC), RUP, MS Visio, HP ALM, MS Project, Teradata SQL
- Interacted and shadowed with Loan Officers and Originators to better understand the existing business processes and gather business requirements.
- Well versed with Mortgage Origination and Loan Origination system.
- Documented Test Cases and Defects in HP ALM.
- Followed RUP methodology for the life cycle of the project.
- Gathered Test Scenarios on the systems Loan origination process that provided integration and automation to service a wide range of loan initiation process including automation of 1003 form, integration with credit union, checking loan eligibility, finalizing loan decision.
- Helped Plan and analyze AS-IS Business Process Workflow Models to create TO-BE Business Process.
- Created and executed automation test scripts using Seleniumweb application testing utility.
- Tested compatibility of application for various cross browsers using XPath in Selenium.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) Sessions for communicating and managing expectations with the cross functional teams.
- Collaborated with other QA team to formulate test plans in the pre-testing phases.
- Tested application & reported bugs to development team using HP ALM.
- Created Process Work Flows, Functional Specifications, and responsible for preparing Functional Requirements Document (FRD).
- Well Versed with Handling Elements in seleniumWebDriver.
- Testing using simulators for the different tablets and smartphones
- Cross Operation Systems testing for the Devices: Android Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean, iOS5, 6, & 7 and Windows 8.
- Executing test cases to test the resolution of the screen for different screen size
- Performed Screen responsive testing
- Participated in the Banks regulatory functions.
- Testing application performance under different networks and Internet speeds including while on EDGE, 3G, 4G, LTE, and Wi-Fi
- Communicated and interacted with Cross functional team from business and developers to fix the defects
- Worked with the development team to make sure that they understood the user requirements and that the system developed met those requirements.
- Worked with the Project Manager on various Project Management activities like keeping track of Project Status, Deadlines, Environment Request, and Compliance Issues.
- Performed Black Box Testing, GUI Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Store, Retrieve, Manage data using SQL
- Used the TeradataSQL for querying data for data analysis purpose.
Environment: HP ALM, JIRA, MS VIZIO, MS OFFICE SUITE
- Supported PMO by mentoring specific projects in application of the new SDLC based on the Agile Methodology, especially from the project management, requirements and architecture perspectives.
- Assisted the Scrum Master in maintaining UserStories, creating and prioritizing the (Product, Release, Sprint) Backlog, coordinated Sprint Planning Sessions, conducting Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Involved in daily Scrums to determine the status of the project and impediments if any.
- Performed Testing Using Appium.
- Performing Cross-platform, Functional, Regression testing, UI testing for mobile app using Appium test automation framework.
- Interacted with the Users, Developers, Project Manager and SMEs to get a better understanding of the BusinessProcesses.
- Created the Test Cases using HP ALM.
- Converted UserStories into Test Scenarios, helped the product owner assign priorities to the same.
- Conducted requirements walkthrough with the Developers and BA’s to clear any roadblocks at the beginning of every sprint.
- Monitoring and tracking high Priority defects and Production Issues on day-to-day basis testing the application on various generations of Android and iPhone
- Executing automation Test Scripts using Junit
- Performing white box texting on SDK, Black Box testing, smoke, functional, GUI, and regression testing
- Performing compatibility testing with various mobile handsets
- Used MySQL to query the data from the database for research and analysis purpose.
Environment: /Tools Used: HP QC, STB
- Thoroughly understood the various features of Set-Top-Boxes in order to test its features such as Video on Demand and Whole Home DVR.
- Actively involved in team meetings to formulate test strategy and for analyzing the requirements specification document to come up with test scenarios and test cases.
- Played key role in the creation of Test Scenarios and new Test cases along with updating the existing Test cases as per the enhanced features of the set-top-boxes to meet the Requirement Specification document using Test management tool HPQC
- Created traceabilitymatrix for the test cases against the functional requirements.
- Manually tested the test cases and updated results in the HP Quality center.
- Identified defects while testing and logged them in defect tracking system.
- Participated in defect walkthroughs and Defecttriagemeetings periodically.
- Performed regressiontesting on various features of the Set-Top-Box like VOD, Pay per view, On Demand, DVR and channel overview.
Senior Systems Engineer
Environment: COBOL, JCL, DB2,SQR, People soft.
- Lead the development and Testing Team.
- Documented and Designed the Redesignprograms that are a part of the upgrade.
- Analyzed all the COBOL programs that have to be changed.
- Involved in Understanding the retrofit requirements and executing them.
- Used various SQR components like SQR Server, SQR viewer, SQR Execute and SQR Workbench.
- Created Reports, processed background SQL’s and interfaces using SQR with the DB2 database.
- Modified the existing COBOL programs to match with the new system guidelines.
- Gave Support to day to day issues and prod fixes.
- Helped the UAT team during system integration and migration to PeopleSoft.
- Proving Knowledge transfer to new members of the team technically and functionally.
Senior Systems Engineer
Environment: COBOL, JCL, DB2, Teradata, Queryman, BI query.
- Involved in analysis and development of Requirements.
- Responsible for timely building of new Infrastructure and migration of data.
- Involved in Understanding the Teradata Requirements and executing them.
- Creation of GQL’s using BI Query.
- Exported Reports data using BI Query
- Extensively used utilities like FASTLOAD, MULTILOAD and FASTEXPORT of Teradata.
- Used BTEQ utility to import data into Teradata tables from flat file and also to extract data from tables into files.
- Effectively used Teradata to query the Data Warehouse to generate various reports for senior executives using querying tools such as Queryman and BI Query.
- Good working knowledge of entities, attributes and relationships and data related business rules
- Created Mapping documents for the TO-BE system
- Actively facilitated transition of logical model to the physical database design.
- Actively created documents related to migration strategies.
- Worked towards organizing data from various departments and their databases
- Involved in developing, reviewing and executing the Teradatascripts.
- Giving Support to day to day issues and prod fixes.
Environment: COBOL, CICS, JCL, DB2, Endevor, Easytrieve, File-Aid, SPUFI.
- Involved in all phases of software development including analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance.
- Involved in analysis and reviews of designs.
- Developed COBOL modules (Cobol DB2 Stored procedures) and ExecJCLthat are used by the front end application to do the backend processing.
- Used the tools like Easytrieve and FILE-AID.
- Programed New COBOL programs to integrate the front end system to the DB2 database to save Member related data.
- Modified existing programs to accommodate the changes as per business needs.
- Modified the corresponding CICS screens to meet new requirements.
- Understanding the Functional spec and preparation of Test Cases and Scripts for Unit testing.
- Participated in JCL migrations to all the development and the production regions.
- Setup the Environments for QA’s and coordinate in testing.
- Involved in developing, reviewing and executing COBOL codes.