- Over 6 years of diverse experience in the Information Technology industry with a focus on Software Quality Assurance (QA/Software Testing) activities.
- Excellent understanding of Software Test Life Cycle (STLC) and Test Methodologies. Good understanding of AGILE, Waterfall software development methodologies.
- Experience in Automation Testing and Exploratory Manual Testing (Black Box/White Box Testing) on Web - based applications.
- Experience in developing end to end automation using Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, Junit/TestNG, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber, Web Services (REST, SOAP).
- Expert in developing Java Selenium/ WebDriver test scripts and Test Frameworks using TestNG/ Junit to perform Functional and Unit Testing.
- Experience in using Jenkins/Hudson as a Continuous Integration server to configure with Ant/Maven.
- Have Java coding experience in Eclipse IDE for functional testing and regression testing for web based N-Tier applications.
- Expertise in functional testing AUT using Selenium IDE and Selenium WebDriver using Junit/TestNG testing framework.
- Experienced in using Maven build tools to manage framework dependency jar files.
- Experience in designing Automated Framework using Selenium WebDriver, Java and writing Selenium Automation Scripts for Sanity and Regression testing.
- Experience in creating Test Plans, writing and executing Test Cases, Manual Testing, and automated Test Execution.
- Experience in Business Functionality Testing, Smoke testing, User Interface testing, Integration Testing, Black Box Testing, End-to-end Testing, Manual Testing, UAT testing, Regression Testing, Performance Testing, Documentation and Reporting.
- Good experience in Web Services testing using SOAP UI, XML, and WSDL. Providing required input data to request XML and get the required data from response XML and use the response data from other request XML using SOAP UI.
- Experience in managing and deploying web based trade order management system to input trades.
- Strong experience with SOA architecture which include Soap Web Service and RESTful Web Service Testing.
- Excellent knowledge in writing unique XPath using firebug and fire path to identify web elements.
- Experience in designing automation scripts in order to eliminate excessive repeatable manual cycles.
- Experience in Using Quality Center extensively for Establishing Traceability to Requirements, Test Cases, Bug tracking and Reporting.
- Exposure on Core-Java 5.0 with strong understanding of API Contents, Collections/Generics, Event/Exception handling. Multithreading/Concurrency .
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
Testing tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, HP Quality Center, Junit, TestNG, JIRA, Soap UI, JMeter, Cucumber, Jbehave,Load Runner,UFT
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, XPATH, AJAX, JSP.
Defect Tracking Tools: Quality Center, JIRA, Clear Quest, BugZilla
Languages: C, C++, Java, C#, SQL, PL/SQL
Project Management: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Microsoft PowerPoint, MS Access, Agile (Scrum) & Waterfall
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome & Safari
Operating Systems: Windows XP, 7, 8 & server 2003, UNIX and Linux
Confidential, Coral Gables, FL
QA Automation Engineer
- Gathered requirements and application information from Business Area Managers (BAM) and Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) and developed test cases.
- Acted as Subject Matter Expert for numerous cross-functional initiatives, including redesigning of Trade Order Management System and downstream processes.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (TestNG and Maven).
- Developed and implemented robust MVC Pattern base testing with Selenium WebDriver which cut down the script development time in half.
- Involved in preparing test strategies for client side verifications and validations.
- Involved in automating test cases using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using Selenium.
- Extensively worked on selenium web Driver with the preferred Languages Java.
- Used TestNG Framework performed unit testing. Used Eclipse IDE executed and tested various functional modules in Java code using assertion.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Developed automated tests in partnership with developers for continuous regression testing and reducing manual testing using Selenium, TestNG and Maven .
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used Maven for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Performed API Level testing for web services, enhanced the Test harness and developed many Test suites using XML .
- Involved in testing the application utilizing the Scrum (Agile) methodology.
- Involved in functional testing, black box testing, negative testing, compatibility testing, and recovery testing.
- Involved in testing compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Developed test code in Java using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Performed build acceptance testing and smoke testing using Cucumber automation tool.
- Involved in writing unique XPath using firebug and fire path to identify web elements.
- Implemented open source web test tool Selenium WebDriver for cross browser and cross platform web testing.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Conducted oracle database tests by executing SQL queries to ensure the data integrity by checking various kinds of constraints.
- Developed and executed SQL queries to verify the proper insertion, deletion and updates into the Oracle supporting tables and cubes.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from oracle database.
- Performed Performance testing using Load Runner.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
- Performed regression tests on the application to assure proper functionality of the site after new builds using Clear Quest.
- Participated in daily, weekly meetings and technical reviews. Prepared reports showing the testing efforts.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG, Jenkins, Maven, Cucumber, Eclipse, XPath, Firebug, Firepath, Agile, SQL, DHTML, Quality center, HTML, Oracle11g, MSWord, MS Excel, GitHub, TDD, Windows 7.
Confidential , Jacksonville, FL
QA Automation Engineer
- Interacted with Project manager, business analysts and developers to understand the application design and functional specifications.
- Effectively implemented different QA methodologies/policies, strategies and plans in all stages of SDLC.
- Tested Trade Order Management System that provides a secure, fast and user friendly manual trade entry solution for Custody Only, Full service and Investor Manager Solution (IMS) clients all over the world.
- Designed and Developed Test Cases for automated testing using Selenium, TestNG and Eclipse IDE.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Created automated Test Suite using Selenium and WebDriver.
- Performed the White box testing using Java.
- Developed Session beans and Web components (Servlets, JSP) using WSAD.
- Performed white box testing using TestNG for class, method, & web services testing.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment.
- Involved in running Selenium automation scripts and updating the scripts according to enhanced requirements using selenium Web Driver.
- Design and prepared test plans for White Box Test Approach & Test cases.
- Responsible for understanding high level (cross-Browser) business processes related to their application area and its interfaces to other applications.
- Responsible for fixing and maintaining regression automation test scripts for end to end testing using Selenium WebDriver (using Java).
- Created Selenese TestNG test case for various functional modules, modified, debugged and executed using TestNG plug in to Eclipse IDE.
- Wrote test cases, implemented ran and added versions and iterations using Test Manager for positive, negative and END-TO-END Test cases.
- Wrote Maven build scripts to automate the compilation and execution of TestNG test cases/suites for Lens Measurement screen, Lens Type Screen, Aftercare screen and two eye replication screens.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation (Java / TestNG).
- Worked with designing and building automation frameworks in Cucumber BDD.
- Created automation scripts in Soap UI using Groovy Script for web services testing.
- Performed Regression testing of applications after defects are fixed and any new functionality is implemented in to the QA. Supported the Business team for executing UAT test cases.
- Performed Database Change Verification testing using Oracle-Toad and SQL queries.
- Verified data integrity by back-end testing of the application by writing SQL queries.
- Attended Defect Review meetings with Developers, Tech Lead, Team Lead and Project Manager to discuss issues regarding the Open defects, resolved defects and all other defects associated to the Source system.
- Involved in estimation and preparation of test case scenarios and test plan documentation for validating and reporting.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Worked closely with development team in creating automated scripts for the application using Selenium.
- Effectively implemented different QA Methodologies/ Policies, Strategies and plans in all stages of SDLC.
- Prepared Test strategy and Test Plan for each Release cycle along with the UAT test plan.
- Created Master Test Plan, critical scenarios and Test Scripts and schedules for Testing.
- Involved in setting up configuring the testing environment with Eclipse, Junit, Selenium RC and Selenium Java client driver.
- Developed and implemented robust Keyword driven framework with Selenium RC that cut down the script development time by 50%.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and Junit framework.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation (Java /Junit).
- Used Selenium RC for testing different browsers, Selenium Grid for checking instance of server and Selenium IDE for record and play back.
- Developed Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure appropriate level of test coverage.
- Enter and maintain defect information in Defect Tracking System, JIRA.
- Created and executed database queries (SQL) to validate database data integrity.
- Worked with appropriate development and technical support teams to triage, assess and solution.
- Worked closely with different functional team including Development, QA, and Business.
Environment: Java, Selenium IDE/RC/Grid, Ant, Agile, JIRA, QC, Junit, XPath, Eclipse, XML, Oracle 10g, Windows, LINUX.
- Analysis of Business and Requirement Specification and formulation of Test Plans and Test Cases in Quality Center for the Functional, Integration, end-to-end, Usability and smoke testing.
- Performed the Manual Testing of the application before switching over to the automation phase.
- Involved in Automation Testing using QTP.
- Suggested improvements in test process by gathering and analyzing data.
- Reviewed and analyzed Detail Designed Specification and Technical Specification documents.
- Analyzed the SRS (System Requirement Specifications) and developed Test Suites to cover the overall quality assurance testing.
- Involved in complete QA Life Cycles.
- Managed defect reporting and tracking using Quality Center.
- Created, managed and executed Test Cases using Quality Center.
- Performed Functional, Integration, System, GUI, Cross Browser compatibility, Ad- Hoc Testing.
- Prepared Test Cases with the complete description of requirements, uploaded test cases and report results into Quality Center.
- Performed Manual Testing to check flow of the application.
- During testing life cycle, performed different types of testing like System Testing, Integration Testing and Regression Testing.
- Created Test Execution Matrices during the test cycle.
- Participated in QA Team meetings and weekly QA testing reviews.
- Managed weekly management status reports and coordinated meetings between test team and development team to review defects.
Environment: Manual Testing, Quality Center, HTML, Java Script, Oracle, VSS, UNIX.