Information Systems professional with over 20 years’ experience managing and leading in many aspects of Dev Ops, to include supporting software development and application administration solutions for both internal and external clients. Other experience includes installing, deploying, configuring, programming, testing, and documentation of dev ops tools.
- Led in all phases of the system development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment
- Led ops team collaboration with development teams to support and maintain existing production code and develop and deliver new enhancements
- Led QA testing of applications for functionality, data integrity, performance, and usability
- Documented completed technical work for clients
- Maintained technical specifications throughout a project
- Administered mainframe tools utilizing REXX, CLIST, JCL, ISPF Dialogue Management and REXX tools for VSAM
- Tools include Micro Focus Changeman ZMF, Confidential Pro/ Confidential and in - house developed software Object Manager.
- Duties included implementation of bug fixes, feature enhancements, and content updates
- ITIL V3 Foundations Certification
- Leadership experience in Project Management, ITIL based Incident, Problem, Change, Release and Deployment Management and Production Control.
- Served in a leadership role on teams charged with communicating to internal and external customers, as well as nurturing vendor and customer relationships.
Hardware: IBM Mainframe z/OS, MVS and VSE
Languages: REXX, CList, JCL, JES2, ISPF Dialogue Management, COBOL, PL/I
Software: HP ALM, Atlassian Jira, ServiceNow, MicroFocus (Was Serena) Changeman, Confidential Pro/JCL, CA-7 (Scheduling automation tool)
Databases: VSAM, IMS, DB2
Tools: TSO/ISPF, IBM Utilities, SDSF, IOF, JCLPlus, Pro/JCL, File-Aid
IT QA Manager
Senior IT Quality Analyst
Manager/Sr. z/OS DevOps Infrastructure Specialist
- Led a team of 8 software support analysts who designed, coded, tested, and implemented automation rules to enforce mainframe batch standards and policies to reduce abends and manual intervention
- Chaired an ITIL based Change Advisory Board team that performed daily review of production abends, executed root cause analysis and implemented corrective actions
- Led development and annual review of PCM (Process Control Manuals) which served as step / action guides for batch recovery and permanent corrective action procedures
- Led global rollout of a standard process supporting Confidential and program repairs to facilitate rapid batch job restart and recovery for two Confidential . The process was written with REXX, Confidential and ISPF dialogue management (Panels, Skeletons and Messages)
- Led a team that integrated production batch site standards validation into the Change Management lifecycle for Confidential units. This project supported a global initiative to standardize processes across all regions and reduce defects that moved into production
- Led and supported the Changeman Help Desk, 7x24 On-Call and SSR (System Service Requests) for product enhancements and application builds
- Project leader and SME for global deployment of JCLPlus software tool suite, which provided increased change management automation and a global standard tool for batch services management activities, and provided a $600,000 save in licensing costs
- Served as a senior level professional services consultant with responsibility for both managing and delivering professional services to clients
- Contributed to the development of the portfolio of services, including processes to automate site standards enforcement and perform Confidential component updates to optimize batch performance
- Served as a client interface to develop solutions, by focusing on pain points and opportunities for automation, standards enforcement and process improvements
- Leveraged third party software tools to perform Confidential and batch component updates to support a JES3 to JES2 conversion, using REXX, COBOL and vendor APIs
- Designed, coded, and installed processes to identify and delete obsolete program source, load modules, and JCL, PROC and control card components. The process was a REXX and ISPF based application using third party cross-reference tools to perform impact analysis and allow the requester to select components to be deleted