- Around 7 years of experience in Manual, Automation and performance testing of client Server and Web based Applications. Involved in delivering solutions that support strategic business objectives.
- Sound knowledge in software Development Lifecycle, QA life cycle, AGILE and Scrum Methodologies.
- Proficient as a QA Engineer in both Manual and Automated process with domains like Insurance, Investment Banking, Health care, Retail and Banking.
- Strong Experience in Automating web application and creating automation environment using Quick Test Professional(QTP), Selenium RC, Selenium Web Driver with TestNG and Junit framework and SOAP UI.
- Experience of Selenium IDE/Grid/RC/ Web Driver using Core Java, python and Perl/shell for developing automation scripts in Eclipse IDE.
- Working knowledge in validating Regular and AJAX control using Selenium locators (XPATH, CSS, ID, and name).
- Experienced in XPATH, Firebug, FirePath, Log4j, Maven and TestNG annotations.
- Hands on experience on testing API web services (SOAP and REST) using SOAP UI Tools.
- Created Macros for recurring work and thereby reduced manual efforts wherever possible. Also, handled comparison of data using excel and excel functions between reports and the database.
- Experience in Test Management tools using HP ALM 11.0(QC), JIIRA, CA Rally, Bugzilla and Rational Clear Quest for bug tracking.
- Experience with Protractor for End to End Testing (ETE) and good knowledge with unit testing using Jasmine.
- Extensive Knowledge on Cucumber and able to create feature file using Gherkin.
- Extensively worked on JMeter to create Thread Groups and test web application for various loads on key business scenarios.
- Extensively worked on System Testing, Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Black box testing, Performance Testing, Stress Testing, User Acceptance Testing and Database Testing.
- Experience in preparing Test Approach, Test plan and Sign off documents, Requirement Traceability Matrix, Test reports having different KPI metrics and Risk analysis as part of test deliverables for the projects.
- Experienced in testing and delivery of individual modules and worked on Test, Pre - Prod and Production Environments.
- Extensive experience in mobile testing using Appium in both IOS and Android applications using simulator and emulator
- Experience in working with business analyst/customers to understand customer requirement and convert this into test plan/test case development.
- Experience with Jenkins integration for continuous Integration.
- Proficient in Oracle SQL Server, PL/SQL on UNIX and Windows platforms. Extensive experience in Database activities like Data Modelling, Design, Development and maintenance.
- Worked with Unix/shell scripting for caching data from Oracle database to MySQL database.
- Experience in testing applications in different OS such as UNIX/LINUX and windows environments.
- Expertise in creating Test Plans, Scenarios, Cases and Scripts for UAT, functional and regression testing.
- Converted manual functional and regression scripts to keyword data-driven Automated scripts.
- Well capable in preparing Financial Reports, On-Demand Reports using Oracle SQL, Teredata.
- Involved in T-SQL development of SQL queries, stored procedure development and modifications.
- Experience in building Data Integration and work flow solutions for data warehouse using SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS).
Automation Tools: Selenium 2.0, Selenium IDE, Selenium GRID, WebDriver, QTP, Cucumber.
Bug tracking Tools: Quality Center, JIRA, Bugzilla, TFS
Performance Testing: JMeter, Load Runner
Development Environment: Eclipse, Selenium, TestNG, Test Scripts, Visual studio 2010/12, JUnit
Web Debugging: Xpath, Firepath, Firebug
Continuous Integration Tool: Jenkins
Scripting: Shell, Bash, Perl, Ruby and Python scripting
Languages: C/C++, Java, C#, PL/SQL, VB Script, SQL Server 2014/12
Databases: MySQL, DB2, Oracle 12c/11g, Gemfire
Reports: XSLT Testing reports, SSRS
Operating Systems: Windows 8.1/7/Vista/XP, LINUX, UNIX, Android, IOS
Process: Agile Scrum, Waterfall, V-model
MS-Suite: MS-Word, MS Excel, MS-Project
Software testing types: Manual, Automated, Functional, Regression, Smoke, Negative White-box, Integration, Black-box and UAT
Confidential, Eden Prairie, MN
Selenium QA Tester
- Hands on experience on AGILE Methodology and contribute to Scrum activities like daily stand ups, iteration planning, estimate/reporting and acceptance criteria definition.
- Analyzing the pre - converted data and post conversion data to make sure the business rules are as per the Functional Specification.
- Transitioned software development efforts to a Test-Driven Development (TDD) process, which brought QA testing on the front end of the development cycle.
- RBT preparation for the Functional Specification in scope for testing as part of the release
- DoU preparation for the application trainings received from client, to maintain in KM portal.
- Preparation of Test Scenarios, Test scripts, Navigational scripts, RTM.
- Review of Test cases, Scenarios and traceability matrix and walkthrough of the scenarios/ cases to business when needed.
- Preparation of run schedule, test data (includes identification of data needed for staging, reserving the data available across vendors using TDM tool).
- Configured OIM in various environments such as testing, Implementation and production.
- Developing Automation test scripts related to manual test cases and created test cases using element locators, Selenium Web driver, Selenium Grid and RC methods.
- Enhanced Test cases using Java Programming features, Junit and TestNG Annotations.
- Used Python and Selenium Web Drivers to automated web applications.
- Executed cross-browser and parallel testing using TestNG.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath, CSS Locators.
- Used to author Maven scripts for project build/test/deployment and specifies which files needed to be executed.
- The entire Ruby scripting done using Cucumber framework, involved in running automated ruby scripts on a Linux machine
- Create, schedule and run the scenarios using JMeter and generate necessary graphs.
- Created Test Scripts in SOAP UI and Restful for Testing Web Services API.
- Performed API testing with Postman and Swagger.
- Used TestNG framework to run unit test and Jenkins as Continuous integration for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Conducted Data driven testing, cross browser testing by giving the Automation test conversion Estimations
- Involved in Automation Environment set up using Eclipse, Java, Selenium WebDriver jars and TestNG.
- Executed and managed test cases and responsible for defect tracking in HP ALM QC.
- Involved in designing and building automation frameworks in support of continuous integration in a test-driven development (TDD).
- Consolidated Database extract validations to the policy admin systems.
- Expertise in converting manual test cases into automation smoke, Ad-Hoc and regression suites.
- Created and executed Automation test scripts suites using Perl/Shell/Python for daily regression runs and identified software errors and interacted with development teams to resolve the regression issues.
- Used TOAD for SQL Server to write SQL queries for validating constraints, indexes.
- Involved in conducting tests on Web services API transactions like automatic bill payment, wire transfers, batch payment and account transfers sent over HTTP by inspecting every XML request and response using SOAP UI.
- Participated in implementation of Reports and Payment service classes.
- Involved in managing project level issues and risks, helping in defining policies, KPIs.
- Analyzing Test Results, Preparing Result mails and sending Status Mails on daily bases
- Trained manual testers to execute and analyze automation smoke and regression tests.
Environment: AGILE methodology, Mainframes, Oracle, Web apps, Standalone apps, TDM tool, OIM, JMeter, SOAP UI, HP ALM QC, Perl/Shell/python, Selenium Web Driver, Appium, Linux, Junit, Jenkins, Maven, TestnG, ANT, Eclipse IDE, SQL Server.
- Followed up with Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) methodology by analyzed business requirements and discussed requirements with business analyst.
- Used ANT to build and run the Selenium WebDriver automation framework. Once the script got over, framework used to send the automation reports over email.
- Involved in ANT configuration for running servers and scripts after the build.
- Contributed to the Continuous Integration pipeline running component builds, creating and running Deployment jobs on individual stages on Jenkins, and running automated and manual functional tests.
- Integrated the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Developed Selenium based automated API testing using Page Object model, data driven and TestNG.
- Performed back - end testing on Oracle and SQL Server databases by writing SQL queries to make sure the contents displayed on the UI correct as per requirements specifications.
- Created and mocked up test data in My SQL and designed test cases as per the data mapping sheet.
- Interacted with development team for clarifications and taken KT sessions on new requirements.
- Executed the API web-service test cases using SOAP UI tools.
- Involved in testing the credit card payment processing module for recurring billing and build interface programs for accounts receivables and payment modules.
- Validated the customer account records and their order details with Databases using SQL Queries.
- Creating and executing SQL queries to perform Data Integrity testing on an Oracle 11g Database to validate and test data using TOAD.
- Worked with the functionality and Regression testing cycles of major product releases by developing test suite using selenium Web driver.
- Executed both positive and negative Test cases of functionality and Regression Tests.
- Prepared the Test Suite with the TestNG framework based on Java and developed the test scripts using TestNG annotations.
- Extensively worked with End-to-End testing for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Worked on DBMs utilities such as SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD, SQL Server, Teradata SQL Assistance.
- Logged, reported and tracked defects in HP ALM QC and Bugzilla.
- Tested data centric warehouse projects. Created Test cases in Excel and uploaded them in Quality center. Executed the test cases in Test Director with Pass/Fail/Blocked status.
- Tracked defects to closure by coordinating with the dev team. Tested source data for data completeness, data correctness and data integrity.
- Assigned tasks to team members and shared daily status report and weekly status reports with client stake holders.
- Involved in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle that is from Requirements phase to Maintenance.
- Performed agile testing, review the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting and used CA Rally Tool.
- Created Test data files with valid and invalid records to test program logic and verify system flow.
- Identified and designed test scenarios using Functional Requirement Documents.
- Involved in testing activities that is gathered business and functional requirements, prepared requirements traceability matrix, designed test scenarios and test cases, executed test cases, analyzed and prepared test summary reports.
- Analyzed complex high - level business requirements, system specifications, understood business processes to determine test strategies.
- Developed automation Test scripts to test the database by retrieving the data from the tables using HP QTP 10 and VB Scripting.
- Developed and maintained QTP/UFT test scripts to support regression testing whenever a Change Request is completed.
- Created Exception handlers and user-defined functions in QTP/UFT.
- Installation and configuration of HP Load Runner and QTP.
- Created and implemented QTP scripts for functional and regression testing.
- Working knowledge in Application servers such as Web Sphere, Web logic, Jboss.
- Good experience in SQL queries and Joins Executing Shell script in UNIX / Linux.
- Extensive experience in leading small teams and performing System, Integration, Smoke, Sanity, Functional, Regression, Retesting, and User-Acceptance Testing.
- Wrote SQL queries to extract data from database tables for testing purposes.
- Assisted business users to execute UAT test scenarios and test data as part of validation Testing.
- Conducted walkthroughs, technical reviews and inspections. Conducted internal team meetings and participation in client meetings for walkthrough/overview of testing deliverables.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Delivered projects with timeliness consistently while working in teams.
- Find report defects and subsequently validating the fix, repeating the process until done.
- Provided training to junior employees and new-hires on functionality, business processes, and testing methodologies.
Environment: SDLC, Rally, HTP QTP, VB scripting, Web Sphere, Jboss, SQL
Quality Analyst (QA)
- Involved in Test Case Preparation and executing the Test Cases Using Quality Centre.
- Involved in Test design based on the use case specifications and used to generate test scenarios, test case documentation and test data collection.
- Involved in Test Cases Review of the application and submit to client for approval.
- Responsible for GUI and functional testing, using Black Box Testing Techniques.
- Involved in automating manual test cases and enhanced selenium test cases for Cross browser testing.
- Involved in developing and executing automated test scripts to support testing requirements using Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Bug Tracking and Reporting using Bugzilla
- Defect tracking and verification, classification of Issues based on the severity.
- Performed Database Testing using SQL to check the Data validation and Data Integrity.
- Worked closely with UAT team by giving test data for UAT testing.
- Worked closely with development team to resolve defects and functional issues.
- Prepared weekly and monthly status reports and used to attend daily scrum meetings.
Environment: AGILE methodology, QTP, Bugzilla, MS Excel, MS word, Internet Explorer.