- Around 7+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance (QA) in Financial, Healthcare and E - commerce sectors.
- Experience in testing and QA of various web-based, object-oriented, client-server and multi-tier applications.
- Participated extensively in Facets, HIPAA, and Health Claims under Health Care domains.
- Extensively created and documented Test Plans, Test Cases, Use Cases and Test Scripts in testing internet/intranet/client-server/stand-alone applications using ASP, VB, XML, HTML, DHTML, Java, J2EE and .Net applications.
- Conversant with all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in Requirement gathering, Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Testing, and refinement form of V-Model, water fall, Agile/Scrum, CMMI.
- Skilled in creating test harness, Test tractability matrix, test design, automated test scripts, VB scripts and defect reporting.
- Writing test plans and executing them to ensure full test coverage and quality product releases.
- Extensive experience in the field of Software Quality Assurance and Application Testing.
- Team player and have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensively used Automated Tools such as Mercury Interactive Test Suite (Quick Test Professional, Win Runner, Test Director and Quality Center).
- Involved in testing Cognos reports and tested various classes, filters and conditions in the cubes.
- Expertise in performing Black box, White Box, System, Functional, Unit, Integration, Performance, Security, Regression, Ad-hoc, End to End, (UAT) User Acceptance Testing and bug tracking system on both Windows and Unix environments.
- Expertise in RDBMS backend testing for data validation and data integrity using Toad/SQL.
- Experience in Database testing by using Oracle, MS SQL Server, SQL, T-SQL and PL/SQL Queries.
- Generation of Bug (Defect) Reports, tracking the status of each defect (Open, fixed and New) and analyzing the bugs using Quality Center and PR-Tracer.
- Expertise in the usage of HTML, Java Script, Java, .Net, COBOL, DB2, CICS, TSO, and JCL.
- Experience in utilizing the TSO/ISPF, JCL and DB2I for mainframe applications testing.
- Experience in testing batch outputs and reports using JCL on mainframe.
- Extensive knowledge developing and executing shell scripts for testing in UNIX environment.
Testing Tools: Quick Test Pro9.0, Win Runner8.0, Mercury Quality Center and Test Director 8.0 Rational Tools (Clear Quest, Rational Robot, Clear Case), Rational Functional Tester (RFT).
Web Technologies: XML, Java, Java Beans, JSP, J2EE, ASP, HTML and DHTML.
Databases: DB2, Oracle 10, SQL Server v6.5. Tara data,TOAD,DB2, Cognos and MS Access
GUI: Visual Basic 5.0, Oracle, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access).
Browsers: Netscape Navigator, Internet Explorer, and AOL.
Web tools: HTML, Java Script, EJB, XML, ASP, and Cold Fusion.
Software Eng.: SEI/CMM, ISO 9000, IEEE, Version Control.
Tools: XML SPY5.0, XML, Java, Web logic, EJB, Endevor, Xpediter/Xchange, File Aid, SuperC, SPUFI, QMF, SDF II, NDM, Syncsort, Windows QMF, SSO and CA7, TSO/ISPF, Via soft
Operating Systems: IBM OS/390, IBM PC Compatibles, OS/2 MVS/ESA & XA, MS-DOS, Windows 98/2K/Me/XP/NT, HP-UNIX and Linux.
Languages: COBOL, CICS, JCL, SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, VC++, Visual Basic, .Net.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Involved in writing test cases for the System Testing
- Developed automation script for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium, Java.
- Used Emulator and IOS simulator in physical devices for manual testing.
- Designed automation test cases by using java, Junit, maven and selenium web driver.
- Used Selenium Grid to run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms.
- Implemented POM (Page Object Model) automation framework using JAVA, Selenium Web driver and Cucumber.
- Used agile methodology with Scrum Process.
- Involved in Writing Python Scripts to develop automated scripts and frame works.
- Used BDD framework with Cucumber, Java and created future files with scenario and scenario outline files.
- Experienced in load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- Following-up with developers as to the status of JIRAs and ensuring that the issues are resolved.
- Used Java language and Junit framework for scripting.
- Worked on static and dynamic objects using XPath and DOM.
- Log defects using JIRA application and communicate the defect status updates to the
- Responsible analysis and implementation teams.
- Performed Smoke, Functionality, Integration, System, Regression tests based on analysis and understanding of the requirements, non-functional specifications, and end-user needs.
- Used GIT as code repository and Code Collaborator to manage code reviews
- Managed Code reviews using GIT as code repository and code collaborator.
- Used HP Quality Centre for Test Case management, Test Case executions, Defect Tracking and Reporting Test progress to the Project management teams.
- Involved in writing SQL queries for backend/ETL testing
- Prepared manual and functional test cases on mobile and web applications as per
- Participated in Weekly Status meetings with project manager, Business Analyst, Developers and other team members.
- Used eclipse, IDE and TESTNG framework to develop test code in java language
Environment: Java, Appium, Selenium IDE, Firebug, SQL, IOS, Mobile Testing, Jira, Oracle10g, Jenkins, Microsoft Test Manager, JMeter, Cucumber.
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
- Involved in the Software Development Life Cycle (Agile) from Requirement Analysis to supporting application in production.
- Reviewed Functional Requirement Specifications and created test based on test scenarios drawn from functional requirements
- Used TestNG framework for creating Selenium scripts, for functionalities of deriving complex quotations.
- Created Java-based scripts for Selenium WebDriver with TestNG as automation framework.
- Performed regression test to ensure that introduction of new features into application doesn't affect the existing functionality.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Used Core Java for writing automated regression test scripts using Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed Test Plans, Test cases, Test Scripts, Test strategy, Test Scenario and Test Reports.
- Performed tests such as Functionality testing, Regression testing, Security testing, End to End testing, UAT and System testing.
- Performed Acceptance tests in BDD format using Cucumber.
- Used SOAP UI to test Web Services using WSDL file given by development team.
- Used Apache HTTP Client in Selenium WebDriver for automating Web Service testing.
- Classified the defects according to severity and priority levels and prepared Test Status Reports.
- Opened defects and tracked them in Quality Center.
- Raised defects in JIRA and made sure appropriate hand-offs and retesting takes place.
- Prepared defect prevention (DP) reports and conducted DP meetings with the team.
- Used Toad to write SQL queries, to verify quotation values displayed on various pages of the application.
- Participated in test scenario inspections, test case reviews, work and functional mapping & UAT sessions.
- Actively participated in weekly meetings, triage calls, and updated weekly report.
Confidential, Norwalk, CT
QA Automation Engineer
- Developed test cases and tested them based on the Business Requirements, Test Scenarios and analyzed the actual results against the expected results.
- Involved in weekly walkthroughs and inspection meetings, to verify the status of the testing effort and the project as a whole and leading offshore team.
- Responsible to distribute the task among the team and work as part of the team as well.
- Developed automation scripts using Selenium Web Driver, Eclipse, Test NG and Java.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities of the application using Selenium Web Driver.
- Involved in designing Performance Test Scenarios using Load Runner to evaluate the performance of the applications developed in Multi-tier architecture.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using Selenium Web Driver.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework build using Selenium Web Driver, Test NG and Maven technologies under Java platform.
- Extended Test NG framework by adding some helper classes and methods.
- Using Selenium, Web Driver automated more than 200 unique Test Cases and created Feature file involving GWT, written Java Automation Code (.java), created Properties file containing Locators involving X Path and executed in different Virtual Machines.
- Performed comprehensive manual testing to test website compliance against requirements Performed Data driven testing using Selenium Web Driver, Test NG functions and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Used Maven for building the Selenium Web Driver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Using Jenkins Continues Integration Tool performed Build Deployment in QA Environment.
- Built QA Automation Framework using Maven, Selenium, Web Driver Tool, Java Client Libraries, Properties Files, Config Files and Jars.
- Using Test NG Unit Testing Framework executed Test Scripts.
- Used both Rational Clear Quest and Clear Case, SVN Repository for checking-in and checkout Java Test Script Code.
- Perform Functional Testing, Regression Testing, System Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and End-to-End Testing.
- Created Automation script using Selenium Web Driver. Executed scripts on different browser and different platform.
- Using SOAP UI Tool performed cross-platform Functional Testing involving XML messages, constructing different field values, data and validating HTTP Request and HTTP Response.
- Performed JavaWeb Services testing for REST API Calls. Performed API Testing using Rest Client and SOAP UI.
- Testing of Web Services using Web Services client generated using SOAP UI to track request and response SOAP Messages.
- Used Firebug to identify Elements' by ID, Name, CSS, X Path, and Links on Web Pages.
- Implemented and worked on Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) agile methodologies completing releases ahead of schedule.
- Used JIRA as the defect-tracking tool. Updated JIRA with all the changes made to the test case and closed it when all the requirements were met as specified.
- Conducted System Testing and User Acceptance Testing for every client and Conducted Backend testing writing extensive SQL queries.
- Tested the application under Scrum (Agile) Methodology.
Environment: Java, Selenium Web Driver, Maven, Jenkins, Load Runner, Test NG, SOAP UI, MVC, Agile, Jira, Eclipse, Firebug, Fire path, X Path, HTML, CSS, XML, DOM, SVN, Clear Quest, SQL, Oracle, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Windows.
- Involved in developing the Test plans and designing Test cases by analyzing the Business requirement specification.
- Performed various black box testing using methodologies such as: Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, GUI testing, and Volume Testing on the application.
- Executed test cases with different browsers Internet Explorer and Netscape.
- Created TSL scripts using WinRunner for various testing stages like Functional Testing, Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Tested the functionality of different screens and used Test Director to maintain test cases and test scripts.
- Executed various SQL queries, PL/SQL procedures and triggers to perform the validity of the data.
- Involved in performing the Backend testing of the application (Oracle Database) and data validation testing of the application.
- Extensively used Test Director, for bug tracking and reporting, scheduling, interacting,
- Interacting with development teams to ensure overall quality of the software.
- Involved in training and documentation.
Environment: Manual testing, WinRunner, Test Director, SQL, Oracle D2K, Crystal Reports, Windows 2000/NT, PL/SQL, MS-Word, MS-Excel.
- Preparing High Level Scenarios for Test Plan’s
- Designing and Developing Effective Test Cases.
- Reviewing of Test Cases.
- Test Data Preparation and Reviewing.
- Maintaining UAT and QA environments
- Execution of Test Cases.
- Defect Tracking and Reporting.
- Prepared test cases for functional and regression testing.
- Coordinating the Team and Reporting Daily and Weekly status report
- Conducting Knowledge Transition and Training
- Involved in Status Meeting and Review Meetings.
Environment: Visual Basic 6.0, SQL server, Windows NT / Technical Platform: Team Tracker, Test Director.