Qa Automation engineer Resume
- 6+ years of experience in Manual and Automation testing as well as hands - on experience working in Agile, Waterfall Development & Testing methodologies.
- Having JAVA Oracle Certificate of Associate(OCA)
- Expertise in Selenium Automation using Selenium Web Driver, Selenium IDE, Cucumber, JAVA, JUnit, TestNG, Maven, Git, Jenkins
- Familiar with WebServise / API testing using Rest Assure and SoapUI.
- Excellent ability of developing BDD scripts with Cucumber using Gherkin language and writing scenarios in feature file to make the scripts more understandable by other team members.
- Experienced in bug reporting and tracking tools like JIRA, ALM, Bugzilla.
- Experienced in creating Page Object Model (POM) to centralize the Web Elements for maintainability and reusability.
- Solid knowledge of using JUnit and TestNG to organize the flow of my scripts by using annotations.
- Automated test reports using Cucumber HTML reports and JSON reports attached with fail scenarios screenshots.
- Hands on experience in UFT(QTP) and VBScript .
- Experienced in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle ( STLC ), Software Development Life Cycle ( SDLC ), and also Bug Life Cycle .
- Participated in SCRUM life-cycle ceremonies: Daily Standup, Confidential Grooming, Confidential Planning, Confidential Demo, Confidential Retrospective.
- Experienced in creating RTM(Requirement Traceability Matrix) in ALM and also in Excel.
- Excellent experience of continuous integration tools like Jenkins on creating jobs to schedule Smoke tests and Regression tests.
- Ability of working with version control system like Git .
- Hands on experienced in creating Maven project to centralize all dependencies in pom.xml file and also to get an organized folder structure to built the framework.
- Proficient in creating automation script from scratch. Solid knowledge of developing different type of framework like Keyword driven, Data driven and Hybrid framework.
- Strong ability in creating business based functional Test Scenarios, Test plans, Test cases, Test Scripts, and Traceability Matrix including both Manual and Automation testing of the applications.
- Expertise in analyzing Software Requirement Documentation and based on the SMART criteria writing the test cases and developing test scripts.
- Experienced in Smoke testing , Positive testing , Negative testing , End-to-End testing , Regression testing , GUI and Back End testing .
- Ability of writing complex SQL queries using Joins and Set operators.
- Experienced in doing Back End testing by retrieving data from database or Excel file.
- Excellent analytical skills at requirements review, analysis and decomposing requirements into test conditions.
- Ability of understanding of HTML code and XML files.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, UFT, Soap UI, Postman
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, ALM, Bugzilla
Languages: JAVA, VBScript, HTML, SQL, XML, Rest Assure
Testing Framework: JUnit, TestNG
Continuous Integration: Jenkins
Build Tools: Maven
Databases: Oracle, MySQL
Version Control Tool: Git
Methodologies: Agile Scrum, Waterfall
QA Automation Engineer
- Performing Requirement analysis based on SMART criteria to make sure if it’s something measurable and specific.
- Worked with Jira for requirements management and bug tracking.
- Created and modified JUnit annotations to manage the running flow of test cases.
- Creating Page Object Model(POM) for each page of application to centralize the elements in one place and update them when their properties change.
- Identifying elements by writing customized Xpath and CSS and add them to POM .
- Used Cucumber for the entire regression as a primary tool together with Selenium, write test scenarios in Cucumber feature file using Gherkin language to make it business readable and implement these scenarios in Step Definition class using Java language
- Implemented Git as version control tool to manage changes and keeps track of every modification.
- Responsible for Jenkins as continuous integration server to run Regression and Smoke tests.
- Created RTM ( Requirement Traceability Matrix) to make sure all the requirements are covered by test cases.
- Provided training for other team members on working with Selenium and Cucumber .
- Actively participate in Agile Scrum ceremonies such as Daily Standup, Confidential Grooming, Confidential Planning, Confidential Demo, Dry Run, Confidential Retrospective.
- Analyze Business Requirement, develop test documentation such as Test plan, Test cases, Test suites and maintain them.
- As a cross functional team member, helped manual testers when required.
- Wrote and executed the test cases manually and automated them in Selenium Web Driver
- Performed Backend testing using MySQL to compare date in backend and frontend.
- Used SQL to query database extensively for data validation; Preparing SQL sub-queries, nested queries and for complex data enquiries.
- Performed Functional, Regression, Integration, Positive, Negative testing.
- Find bugs as early as possible and report defect with screenshot using Jira, interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues and followed all steps of Bug Life Cycle .
- Provide HTML report for Project manager and Business Analyst.
- Automating End to End Testing using Selenium .
- Used Selenium and Java to handle the textbox, dropdown, checkbox, buttons and popup controls, iframes, web table, calendars.
- Worked closely with Developers, Business Analyst, Architects and Project Manager to understand Project and Business Requirements.
- Developed reusable methods in order to avoid wasting time for repetitive actions in application
Confidential, Chevy Chase MD
QA Automation Engineer
- Developed QA processes automation test scripts using Java/Selenium and run it in different browsers.
- Actively used Cucumber by writing Scenarios in future file.
- Involved in SDLC and STLC process and used tools like Selenium IDE/WebDriver .
- Created Page Object Model (POM) together all elements of page in one place
- Validated the data from Front End to Back End tables in Oracle Database by writing SQL queries.
- Used Git version control tool to share the code with other team members.
- Maintained automation builds on Jenkins- Continuous Integration (CI) tool.
- Reviewed and evaluated requirements and specifications for testability and completeness.
- Attended meetings with developers and business analysts during requirement phase.
- Prepared various test specifications such as Test cases and Test data etc.
- Wrote test scripts for regression testing and performed Regression testing.
- Successfully developed and maintained Hybrid Framework.
- Involved in both Manual and Automation testing.
- Involved in creating and executing Test Scenarios based on functional requirements.
- Followed Agile Methodology for application Implementation and Testing and participated in Confidential Daily scrum, Planning, Demo, Retrospective meetings.
- Created RTM in ALM and mapped all test cases to requirements to make sure that all requirements have been covered.
- Used ALM as bug tracking and requirements management tool.
- Developed Test Plan Document at the end of numerous Releases and participated in the Production Support.
- Assisted the newly joined test team members to understand the application.
Software Automation Engineer
- Responsible for the Manual testing to test look and feel part of application.
- Designed the efficient manual test cases and prepared plans, strategies and scripts for both positive and negative results and maintained in Test Management tools - HP ALM .
- Involved in testing the new functionalities based on test cases and coordinated with development team in fixing the issues.
- Participated in the team meetings to discuss the issues that appear in testing. Created Test Plans and Test Scenarios.
- Managed defects within ALM.
- Performed manual testing in web based application.
- Documented defects, and reported to developers and PM.
- Planned test strategies and schedules according to the requirement document.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes