- Skillful, results - oriented technology professional with proven success in delivering and launching commercial software products and solutions for both Web and Mobile
- Expert in project management, requirement definition, software testing, and quality management in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, Internet, Mobile, E-Learning, and Healthcare Image Management
- Proven hands-on experience with quality assurance practices, including project plan development, test strategy development, test plan development, test case & test data review, and test automation
- Assist company to transition from Waterfall model to Agile SDLC, shorten the release cycle
- Experience in planning and executing tests from large system wide test (BAT, UAT, etc.) to individual functional tests and regression tests
- Experience in developing of automated test strategies and creating of appropriate test systems to support product release effort
- Experience in developing and implementing comprehensive Agile SDLC and test methodologies
- AWS Cloud experience including EC2, S3, Cloudfront in a SaaS business models
- Familiarity and working knowledge of source control and collaborative tools such as Github, Slack, Confluence, and Jira
- Working experience in identifying security vulnerabilities within running web- and mobile- based applications
- Working experience in general healthcare, X12, HIPAA EDI, HL7, PACS, DICOM
- Extensive experience in performance/Load/Stress/Endurance testing using JMeter and BlazeMeter
- Extensive experience of defect life cycle and experience with defect management using Quality Center, JIRA and Rally
- Strong interpersonal and communication skill in coordinating and managing remote and offshore teams to deliver test execution, analysis and overall test qualification
- Collaborate with fellow colleagues and other internal organization, e.g. Product Management, Operations, and development
- International experience through working with people from different countries
Operating System: Ubuntu, Windows, Mac, Linux
Cloud: AWS, EC2, S3, Cloudfront
Programming: Java, C/C++, SQL, XML, JavaScrip, HTML, CSS
Software: Jira, Rally, QlikView, Tableau, ScrumWork, WebLogic, Veritas Cluster Manager, ClearCase, ClearQuest, HP ALM, Cisco MGC MMSC, SMS, PACS, HL7, eXpedo, Vertex, LISA, RSNA, DICOM, VMware
Browser: IE, Firefox, Chrome, Sarfari, Opera
Database: Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, mongoDB, Cassandra, Hadoop, Hive Client, Kafka, New Relic
Defect Tool: Jira, Rally, Rational Change, Bugzilla, Lotus Notes
Project Management: MS Project, Office Suite, Visio, Lotus Notes, Smartsheet
Other: working knowledge of Jenkins, Hudson, CrruiseControl, SOAP UI, REST API, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, TestLink, Jmeter, BlazeMeter, Android, iOS, Appium, SauseLab, QAComplete, TestComplete, TestObject, Rube on Ralis, Travis CI, AJAX, JSON, Swagger, GitHub
Confidential - Sunnyvale, CA
Senior Manager of Quality Engineering
- Lead a team of onshore and offshore to deliver Confidential Watchable platform and applications
- Responsible for Managing both the strategic direction and day-to-day management of the QA functions.
- Conduct overall planning, execution of highly complex testing activities in support of the successful delivery of Web App on multiple devices
- Conduct the transformation from a manual to an automated environment utilizing Selenium Webdriver and Cucumber tools
- Lead all aspects of Native App and Web App automation efforts using Appium, TestObject.
- Conduct the strategic direction of the QA team including resources planning, skill sets and tool
- Develop QA best practice, tools and technologies to achieve excellent results
- Develop QA metrics to provide live data about testing progress and results
- Define Agile workflow for Jira Scrum board and Jira defect board
- Implement centralize test cases management tool using TestLink tool
- Lead performance and load testing efforts of all of Watchable applications and technology solution.
- Review Test Plan document created by performance test engineers, and review Performance Test Summary Reports and provide Performance sign off
- Manage the Security testing efforts including Authentication, Authorization, Session Management, Secure Transmission
- Responsible for coaching and assisting QA engineers to develop individual career development and training plans, and ensure company and individuals goals are met.
Confidential, Newton, MA
Senior Manager of Quality Assurance
- Directed a team of onshore and offshore engineering to deliver Confidential cloud based image platform and applications
- Conducted quality strategy to identify and accomplish improvement including functional test planning, test coverage, and test automation
- Managed QA functions through all phases of Agile SDLC
- Conducted UI Automation strategy leveraging 3rd party/open source tools such as Selenium WebDriver.
- Created and maintained QA Management documentation and review external customer documents and performance records
- Developed a Metrics dashboard that provided live data and results
- Performed process capability/benchmarking studies/reports, customer audit interfacing, quality data reporting and analysis
- Managed the Security testing efforts incorporating to SDLC
- Implemented an on line paperless ISO 9001 compliant documentation system
- Created and trained company staff on formal development and QA processes which subsequently pass FDA and customer audits.
- Worked closely with Senior Executives to ensure that policies are effectively implemented.
- Coached and counsel personnel and provide guidance to team on quality, customer service and performance issues
- Conducted implementation of Quality Policies and Procedures for better organization and Business efficiency
- Created a complete, adopted quality system through sustained training and direct engagement with Leadership Team
- Conducted and developed quality, regulatory & governmental affairs systems, internal audit policies
Confidential, Boston, MA
Senior Manager of Software Quality Engineering
- Acted as Director of Quality to establish alignment across Pearson’s Quality organization in support of rapidly changing business objective.
- Managed day-to-day activities of onsite/offshore QA teams over 40 people with 6 different products conducting End-to-End, UI, Web Services, and Automation testing of applications, such as MathXL, Pegasus, SMS
- Developed test centers of excellence TCoE and best practices to achieve excellent results
- Conducted quality strategy planning including test automation
- Managed all aspects of Native App and Web App testing using Appium, Calabash and SauseLab.
- Managed Security testing and analyzed results on web- and mobile- base applications
- Worked collaboratively and proactively with QA team, Development team and others to design and develop effective automation solutions, troubleshoot issues and resolve bugs.
- Managed and oversight all QA/UAT environments, coordinate release schedule with TPM.
- Developed a Metrics dashboard that provided live information about project progress and release quality enabling the executive team to make sound decisions.
- Reduced defect slips to production by 50% driving continuous improvement through defect triage and defect escape analysis using Jira.
- Coached and managed QA engineers to develop individual career development and training plans, and ensure company and individuals goals are met
Confidential, Burlington, MA
Head Quality Program Manager
- Coordinated division level Quality/Defect management from groups in multiple locations and time-zones nationally and internationally
- Led multiple Software QA projects to deliver competitive web technology products and Native App to devices
- Managed all aspects of cross-functional defect management for application service framework including Qt, Browser, and CWRT.
- Provided guidance on designing, developing, and implementing functional and performance tests.
- Managed all release activities and communication of Confidential ’s Application Service Framework, Applications, and Baselayer, resulting in smooth high-profile launch product and rollout.
- Conducted test plans for Webkit based Browser application using HP Quality Center (QC).
- Reviewed and updated existing Web Application test plans/cases and maintain new test cases for all functional areas of the software.
- Managed Defect Management process and error lifecycle across all disciplines including Engineering, Quality Assurance, PM, and PMO ensuring successful product launch and rollout.
- Managed a third-party security testing program, responsible for scheduled, regular security assessments of high-risk applications performed by an outside vendor.
- Proactively anticipated, identified, and mitigated all program risks, removing obstacles and enabling teams to proceed on schedule.
- Reviewed and approved all technical work related to QA projects such as project plans, test plans, test cases, and test tools.
- Provided team with necessary tools, resources and training to meet or exceed all operational performance goals
Manager of Quality Engineering
- Directed a team of 15 QA and 20 offshore QA in 4 locations globally
- Managed QA organization daily operations to align with BU strategies and roadmaps.
- Conducted test automation strategy in developing an automation tool and the purchasing of automation tools to test products
- Managed end-to-end verification, product validation, and daily BAT.
- Managed test plans and schedules to ensure the project meets quality standards and project deadline using tools such as QC.
- Conducted review process to track all defects related to the S60 Mobile Browser including Boston, Dallas and Bangalore sites.
- Conducted new tools initiative, such as Jira, Confluence, QC
- Served as Program Manager to coordinate Browser 7.x product program and software development lifecycle (Agile SDLC) based on various Symbian Device platforms while simultaneously managing local and remote engineering teams. Ensuring all products is delivered with a high stand of quality.
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer / Lead
- Acted as Project Lead, conducted product installation/migration/upgrade/configuration testing
- Directed a team to execute manual, black box, white box and automation testing
- Developed QA project schedules, test plan and methodologies
- Created and executed performance testing with LoadRunner and Empirix Hammer tools
- Conducted infrastructure testing including high-availability and min-cluster network environment
- Conducted defect triage meeting to prioritize defect status
Confidential, Cambridge, MA
- Managed QA functions through all phases of SDLC for PeopleStreet application
Confidential, Woburn, MA
QA/Customer Service Manager
- Directed a staff of 5 to test conference products
- Maintained a high level of customer service
Confidential, Andover, MA
Sr QA Engineer / Lead
- Supervised and trained 10 QA engineers on three production lines
- Accountable for ensuring quality standards
Confidential, Reston, VA
Sr Software Engineer
- Worked as Software Engineer
Confidential, Hunt Valley, MD
- Worked as Software Engineer
Confidential, Groton, CT
- Worked as Software Engineer