Automation Engineer Resume
- 6+ years of experience working as software Development Engineer in Test.
- Experience working in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Agile/SCRUM and Waterfall models.
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile Scrum Methodology.
- Involved in testing of application using the Scrum (Agile) methodology. Helped in manual testing when needed with a cross - functional team member mindset.
- Good exposure to Confidential Grooming and Confidential Planning sessions to analyze the Confidential Backlog items and providing proper estimates. Provided feedback on Confidential Retrospective meeting.
- Extensively involved in most stages of testing life cycle.
- Experience with Verification and Validation in the testing phase of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Participated in User Story discussion and provided feedback on Acceptance Criteria.
- Extensive experience in Smoke Testing, Positive, Negative, Functional Testing and Regression Testing.
- Ability to create framework from scratch using Java programming language and Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience using Cucumber tool as a bridge between technical and non-technical people in team with Cucumber Gherkin keywords in feature file.
- Developed Page object model to increase the re-usability and maintainability of framework along with maven to manage all dependencies. Familiar using Jenkins as Continues Integration tool.
- Conducted cross-browser and parallel testing using TestNG. Used TestNG annotations to organize and reduce duplication in my framework.
- Developed and maintained Automation Framework from scratch using Selenium WebDriver with Java . Ran test scripts using Eclipse IDE.
- Well versed in designing and implementing automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG/JUnit.
- Experience using GitHub to centralize team builds and as a tool for version control.
- Worked with web services testing like SOAP and REST.
- Developed Behavior Driven Development tests using Cucumber by writing behavior and step definitions using Selenium WebDriver with Java .
- Implemented Behavior driven development (BDD) framework using cucumber tool with Gherkin Cucumber keywords. Used Maven to configure all the dependencies.
- Extensive experience in developing test automation framework with Data Driven approach from external data source.
- Experience in Defect Tracking and test management using testing tools like HP ALM and Jira.
- Automated Regression test cases with Selenium WebDriver to support major application release.
- Scheduled, generated and emailed test script results report using Jenkins Continues Integration tool.
- Knowledge on Core Java concepts like Data Structures (Collections), Inheritance , Abstraction , Encapsulation , Polymorphism and Exception handling .
- Experience in enhancing existing framework to improve the test automation reusability and maintainability by creating reusable methods.
- Import/export data from Oracle/MySQL database using JDBC connections.
- Proficient in Back-end Testing including writing SQL queries for testing data.
- Proven leadership qualities with emphasis on individual and team effort backed with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven team player and self-starter, capable of working independently and motivating a team of professionals.
- Believe in Agile core values and team success. Respects all deadline and make sure we as a team collaborate and help each other whenever needed.
- Ability to adapt to new environment quickly, strong team player, good communication, good analytical and computation skills, enthusiastic learner, confident, sincere and committed.
Test Management: HP ALM, JIRA
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, JUnitLanguages: SQL, VB Script, Java
Database: Oracle, MySQL, Informix
TestFramework Design: Page Object Model, Cucumber, Maven
Web Services: Soap UI, Rest
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
- Worked in Agile Scrum methodology, attended Daily scrum, Confidential Planning, Confidential Grooming, Confidential Review and Retrospective meeting.
- Done code review and got feedback to have better testing scripts in-terms of increasing reusability and maintainability.
- Worked on Page Object Model design and arranged page classes and test classes in different packages.
- Used Java OOP to develop my testing script and ran my test scripts using Eclipse IDE.
- Developed Automation Scripts and supported Regression Suite.
- Used BitBucket to centralize the testing framework
- Worked with Maven to manage all dependencies
- Resolved long execution time issues by developing explicitly wait functions with Java and improved the existing scripts.
- Executed automated test cases for Regression and Analyzed test failure for defects.
- Logged valid defects on Jira and made sure they were fixed and re-tested. Collaborated with Subject Matter Expert if unsure about defect.
- Used build in methods that come with TestNG to like dependsOn, priority etc.
- Used Selenium WebDriver along with Java OOP to develop testing script and provide enough testing coverage.
- Analyzed execution result to identify test failure and reporting defects.
- Executed test scripts using Java and logged defects in JIRA to make sure that we deliver bug-free application
- Created re-usable methods to save time for the company and team members.
- Organized and participated in team building events to increase our motivation and productivity
- Was actively involved in and worked with other testers and developers to reach the cross-functional mindset. Helped each other whenever needed. Worked overtime to finish task on deadline as a team.
Confidential, Columbia, MD
Sr. Automation Developer
- Coordinated with Client, Business Analysts, and End-Users for better quality testing. Worked closely with business team to understand User Stories .
- Worked in Agile Scrum methodology, attended Daily scrum, Confidential Planning, Confidential Grooming, Confidential Review and Retrospective meeting. Joined weekly meeting with the management team and walkthroughs.
- Participated in peer review meetings in development of User stories and Test Cases.
- Performed different kinds of testing like Smoke testing , Black Box testing , Functionality testing , Regression testing and Back End Testing.
- Created framework from scratch using Page Object Mode l to make the maintenance of my framework easier and save time in terms of re-usability.
- Performed Behavior Driven Testing (BDD) using Cucumber tool. Created feature file scenarios based on the user stories.
- Responsible for maintaining the framework.
- Conducted Data Driven testing using external files.
- As cross-functional team-member, I supported functional testing team on demand basis to meet the testing deadlines.
- Created test data using automation scripts when needed
- Developed and scheduled daily Smoke Test script using Jenkins Continues Integration Tool and generated report.
- Used Maven as a tool to manage all my dependencies and to make it easier to share whenever needed.
- Used Github to centralize team builds and for version control when needed.
- Experience with Backend testing using Sequence Query Language (SQL).
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Analyzed User Stories and provided feedback. Involved in creating Test Cases according to the business requirements.
- Practiced in an Agile Scrum environment. Participated in User story discussion and requirement grooming to understand the requirement.
- Reviewed the User stories , Acceptance Criteria based on the smart criteria.
- Created test scenarios and test cases based on User stories in Cucumber feature file.
- Used Gherkin to create features and scenarios , which can be readable and understandable by Product owners and Business Analyst.
- Implemented Page Object Model Automation (POM) framework with Java , Selenium Web-Driver and JUnit framework.
- Developed test script in Java OOP using Eclipse IDE .
- Performed Debugging and Maintenance of the scripts as and when required.
- Participated in Peer Review meeting and provided feedback for test automation scripts and user stories.
- Performed Back-End Testing as well as UI testing.
- Interacted with developers to discuss exiting software defects and re-tested the fixed issues.
- Communicated with Development Team to resolve and retest defects.
- Coordinated between the automation testers and manual testers and Business Analyst for the scheduling of the test runs.
Jr. Automation Analyst
- Analyzed the application and business requirement to create manual test cases for different modules of the application.
- Worked with Waterfall methodology.
- Created Test Cases according to the requirement document.
- Performed Manual Testing of application whenever it was needed.
- Performed functional testing and smoke testing of application using QTP and VBScript.
- Worked on compatibility testing of the application using QTP.
- Wrote test scripts using VBScript and QTP for Regression Testing in every changes in modules.
- Performed manual testing and documented bugs and change requests using HP Alm.
- Executed the test cases for the application. Re-tested failed test scripts.
- Filed and tracked the defects using HP Alm . Created test cases according to the requirement.
- Performed backend testing using Sequenced Query Language (SQL) queries.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes