Qa Automation Engineer Resume
- Over 6 years of experience in Information Technology with emphasis on Software Testing/Quality Assurance/Test Automation.
- Experience in the entire SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and STLC (Software Testing Life Cycle) by analyzing, integrating, testing, and deploying various business applications
- Expertise in designing automation frameworks and creating scripts using Selenium/WebDriver tool to cater both function and Non - functional requirements.
- Developed frameworks from scratch involving web sites, database interactions with Oracle and SQL Server.
- Implemented Cross Browser Web Testing with Selenium WebDriver and Selenium Grid.
- Strong Experience in GUI Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, Back end testing, Build Verification Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Extensive experience in using Open Source Tools like Selenium IDE, Firebug, and Eclipse Editor.
- Maintained the Selenium & JAVA automation code and resources in source controls like GIT, SVN over the time for improvements and new features.
- Experience with coding in Java. Understanding of software design principles and understanding of OOP design principles.
- Good experience in Defect Life Cycle Management tools like JIRA.
- Good Expertise in Schedule jobs via Jenkins (Continuous Delivery) and Continuous Integration for automating the build and deploy processes allowing significant increase in test automation. Monitoring the jobs scheduled jobs
- Good Experience in using Configuration management tools like Sub Version, GitHub, and Build management tools like MAVEN.
- Experience with standard test methodologies, and ability to quickly acquire business and technical knowledge to come up with robust test cases, and work against aggressive timelines
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid, TestNG, log4j, Jenkins, JIRA
Process & Methodology: SDLC, STLC, Waterfall, Agile
Languages: JAVA, PL/SQL, XML, HTML
Dev. Environment: C/C++, .Net, Java, PHP, Ruby
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, DB2
Operating System: Windows, Mac, Unix/Linux
QA automation engineerResponsibilities:
- Involved in analyzing requirement specifications, developing test plans, test cases, test scripts and planning for QA methodologies.
- Worked closely with the SCRUM team to create test scripts and test cases to ensure coverage of all areas of the product/feature(s).
- Developed, implemented and executed test methodologies and plans to ensure software product quality.
- Documented the Test Cases using Software Requirement Specification and Design documents.
- Worked closely with the Quality Manager in planning, coordinating and implementing the testing methodology; involved in working with Agile methodology.
- Involved in testing the Web Applications developed in different programming languages.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script. Extensive work experience on JAVA, TestNG, and Jenkins.
- Set up Selenium tools from scratch and configured various other peripherals tools to perform Selenium test.
- Creating and maintaining smoke/functional/regression scripts for web-based application using Selenium Web Driver, Java, and TestNG.
- Applied robust Page object pattern (POM) on new builds and every modification in the application for Selenium WebDriver to do Smoke & Regression testing.
- Experienced in developing and maintaining Automation Framework with good understanding of different Frameworks like Data Driven and Keyword Driven.
- Used Selenium Grid to run the scripts in multiple platforms and browsers.
- Analyzed test results, tracked the defects and generated reports using JIRA.
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
- Worked closely with Tech teams to choose a better solution for solving the issue.
- Coordinated between technology and business teams to prevent any gaps between business needs and testing.
Environment: Java, Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, SQL Server, Eclipse, TestNG, HTML, GIT, Jenkins
Test Automation EngineerResponsibilities:
- Developed Test Plans, Test strategy and Test Cases to test the Screens and workflows for Quality Assurance by using Quality Centre.
- Work in Agile, scrum, and sprint environment to change the requirements and features set. Created Modular Driven Automation Framework from the Scratch
- Developed automated test scripts using Selenium and in Java Eclipse IDE.
- Maintained the Selenium & JAVA automation code and resources in source controls such as GIT over the time for improvements and new features.
- Performed Regression testing using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Jenkins Continuous Integration.
- Implemented Page Object Model automation framework with Selenium WebDriver, Java and Cucumber.
- Configured Selenium Web-Driver, Test-NG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using Junit prior to agile release.
- Involved in integrating the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Cross-Browser testing was performed on different versions of IE and other Browsers.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Extensively worked in Regression testing, Parallel Processing using Selenium Web driver in TestNG.
- Reviewed the Test Reports and Preparing Test Summary Report.
- Performed Test Execution and defect logging and tracking using JIRA
- Ran regression scripts to ensure that the existing features are working fine.
- Attended Team meetings to give the project status updates and discuss for any technical issues in the project that are faced by team members.
- Analyzed and communicated test results to management. Made recommendations for product improvements wherever necessary.
Environment: Selenium Web driver, TestNG Quality Center, MS Office, Visio, MS-SQL Server, Oracle, Java, Java Script, J2EE, and Windows.
QA Test EngineerResponsibilities:
- Reviewed and analyzed the Business requirements and Functional requirements to better understand the client needs.
- Worked with development team to understand technical design and architecture for test planning.
- Executed Manual and Automated tests and reported defects by running automated tests; executed manual tests; reviewed results of all tests and reported anomalies into the defect tracking database; verified the resolution of all defects for an assigned project.
- Prepared traceability matrix to ensure the adequate coverage of the test cases.
- Involved in Back end testing by using SQL Quires.
- Gave demo of the working product at the end of the first sprint to development team, product owners and customers.
- Involved in implementation and documentation of standard procedures for setting up and configuration of the test.
- Attended weekly meetings on project status. Responsible for designing and developing mockups for User Interface and prototype testing.
Environment: Java, Manual Tester, Quality Center, MS Visio, HTML, Java Script, Oracle, UNIX.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes