- Senior QA Engineer and QA Lead with extensive Scrum/Agile/Waterfall Software Development Lifecycle experience testing Stand - Alone, Client-Server and Web-Based Applications. Adept at contributing to successful releases utilizing results-oriented Project Planning, Scheduling & Estimation, Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Sprint & Member Tracking, Lean Requirements, Test Plans, Test Cases Design, Test Environment Setup, Test Data Setup, Test Traceability Matrix, Gap Analysis, Data Analysis, Comprehensive Manual & Automated Testing, Test Logs, Test Reporting, Quality Metrics & Trends, Defect Tracking & Management, User Acceptance Testing, Customer Support.
- Six Sigma principles, Agile Software Testing Training, Automated Testing Tools, Monitoring Tools, Continuous Integration, Defect Tracking Tools, Application Lifecycle Management, Lean Centralized Documentation, SQL Querying.
Testing /Defect Tracking tools: HP LoadRunner, HP UFT/QTP, HP Performance Center, PAL, PerfWiz, FTPRush, HP ALM, Quality Center, Test Director, Rational ClearQuest, FogBugz, MS Access, MS Excel, VersionOne, JIRA.
Database Management System: Oracle, MS Access, SQL Server, Data Warehouse.
Microsoft Software: MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), MS Project, MS Visio, MS Visual Studio.
Operating System: Windows 32-bit and 64-bit XP/ 2000/2003/2008/ VISTA/7/8/10, VMware.
Software Platforms Tested: .NET, ASP.NET, HTTP, C#, C++, Java, VBScript, VBA, SQL, C, HTML, CRM, SAP, XML.
Process Improvement: Scrum/Agile/Waterfall SDLC, Root Cause Analysis, Component Analysis, Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, Total Quality Management, ETL, Risk Analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis of Test Automation, Continuous Integration, SharePoint, FTP/SFTP/SSL/TFTP, CollabNet TeamForge/Subversion, Hudson, QuickBuild, VPN.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
QA Engineer /API Test Lead
Environment: Agile, .NET, C++, C#, FogBugz, VersionOne, Quality Center, VBScript, QTP, VBA, Visual Studio, SharePoint, Windows, CollabNet TeamForge/SVN, Hudson, QuickBuild, XML, VMware, FTP, Access, Oracle, SQL, Single Sign-On, ETL
- Promoted to full-time QA Engineer with API Test Lead responsibilities after two contract extensions. Planned and executed manual & automated API & GUI tests following Agile/Scrum software development principles.
- Excelled as the only QA Engineer who mastered effective API/Engine Testing-most important part of RiskModel. Selected by management to provide API Testing training to QA testers as backups
- Created lean detailed Requirements, Technical Specifications, Test Plans/Strategies, Test Cases, Defect Reports, Test Matrix, Traceability Matrix, Gap Analysis, Component Analysis, Test Results Reports maintained in SharePoint.
- Timely replication & resolution of customer support issues and 100% successful third-Party software verification, integration and data mapping.
- Filled in for QA Manager, improved teamwork, collaboration/relationships following Agile/Scrum development principles (Sprint Planning, Retrospectives, Standup & Grooming Meetings, Planning Poker etc.), communicated with patience, respect, teamwork, maintained high productivity/performance working on site and remotely, with On Shore and Off Shore (Bangalore, India) stakeholders on a flexible work schedule to support conference calls and collaborative testing efforts with Off Shore Dev/QA teams and to escalate the resolution of QA defects and issues.
- Recognized with several awards for achieving outstanding performance, exceeding service level goals for runtime performance, system reliability & availability >98%, successful releases >90% of the time-no high severity defects, no back out, no patch-no defect leakage, no release delays, no outage, no feature/performance degradation
- Reduced defect rates/densities from 15-20% to 1-4% over a period of 7 years, by performing comprehensive software testing: Functional, Regression, Stress, Smoke, Sanity, Performance, GUI, API, Load, Endurance, Capacity, Positive, Negative, Ad hoc, Verification, Extended, Compatibility, design walkthroughs, FTP, Data Analysis, System Integrated Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Security-User Rights & Permissions, Data Warehousing/ETL processes.
- Increased Test Automation Level by 20% by introducing the Automation Analysis process, automated smoke tests after every QuickBuild/CollabNet TeamForge commit - Continuous Integration. Contributed to performance improvements by 30% through collaborative API Engine tuning and refactoring. Exceeded management's goal of validating at least the 10 most-used projections and instead successfully validated 100+ projections.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Performance Test Engineer
Environment: Windows, VMWare, LoadRunner, QTP, Test Director, Quality Center, e-commerce, CRM, SAP, Citrix, HTML, XML, Sybase, Oracle, Salesforce, JBOSS, NET, PERL, WebLogic,.NET, MAC, SQL, Java, MS Project, MS Visio, UNIX/Solaris
- Led a team of six QA testers to plan and execute manual and automated functional and performance testing of the HMH product suite. Successfully developed the SAP testing platform in Test Director used to track SAP processes.
- Implemented Agile Test practices while leading a team of six QA testers in the same office and successfully completed all functional, stress, usability, compatibility, failover, database, data migration, load and performance tests on time.
- Maintained clear lean Requirements, Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Progress and Defects Reports, Server Architecture, Network Diagrams, Process Workflow Diagrams, Statement of Work, Project Schedules and Milestone Reports.
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MI
Performance Test Engineer
Environment: Windows, VMWare, LoadRunner, SOA, Citrix, HTML, Oracle, UNIX/Solaris, Java, WebLogic, WebSphere Application Server, Web Services, Enterprise Messaging, TIBCO / EMS, SOAP, .Net Frameworks
- Developed comprehensive Performance Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test Reports using Requirements/Specifications. Setup valuable Capacity, Performance, Load and Stress Tests using LoadRunner. Successfully validated data flow through the Front-end to Back-end manually and using SQL queries.
- Successfully completed WebSphere application server and database tuning to resolve identified system’s bottlenecks.
- Exceeded the expected contractual goals in the completed Final Online Ticket Purchase Performance Testing Report.
Confidential, Manassas, VA
Environment: Windows, VMWare, .NET, C++, C#, LoadRunner, Quality Center, Citrix, HTML, Oracle
- Developed comprehensive test Plans, Test Cases, Test Reports, Traceability Matrix, Test Matrix, Test Results, Defect Tracking, and GAP Analysis for the Manufacturing Execution System (MES).
- SQL Querying, Functional, Regression, GUI, Verification, Configuration, Front-end/Back-end Database, Load, Stress and User Acceptance Testing.