- Emergent software testing and quality assurance professional with significant 8+ years of IT experience in (Insurance, Banking and Telecom domains) both in manual and automation using (Selenium RC, Ruby Mine Cucumber and SOPUI /Groovy Scripting),Guide wire testing, Functional testing and Browser testing, holding exceptional knowledge on HP ALM, Quality Centre, HPSM, Jira, Test Link, Rally, TRAC and Testing concepts.
- Strong business understanding knowledge of P&C Insurance industry includes Personal Lines, Commercial Lines (Worker compensation, General Liability), Auto and Life Insurance.
- Experienced in Guide wire Testing.
- Trained enthusiast skilled at applying, enhancing current technical expertise. Eager to meet the challenges and quickly assimilate newest and latest technologies, skills, concepts and ideas. Worked with different teams to successfully complete the critical projects within time in different domains.
- Effective communicator who can fluently speak the languages of both people and technology, blending technical expertise with exceptional interpersonal skills while interacting with technical and engineering teams.
- Well experienced in Creating test plans, test scenarios and supportive documents related to design and core testing concepts.
- Experienced in Jira and Rally.
- Experienced in executing the test plans and tracking and monitoring defects to resolution / release for User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Good exposure with Commercial Lines Insurance and Confidential .
- Experienced in Oracle, SQL Server.
- Identify, create, track and monitor quality metrics throughout the life of the project Requirements General
- Clear understanding of effort estimation, scheduling, risk management concepts that are Project - Specific.
- Involved in analysing, designing, developing and implementing of a complete life cycle of an application.
- Experienced in testing the front end applications developed in Java and .NET
- Exposure on use of Test management tools like HP ALM for test planning, test case management, test execution and defect management.
- Experienced in web services testing using SOAP UI.
- Good Exposure on IBM MQ, GOSU, HTML, Java Script and XML.
- Experienced in Script execution in Selenium using WAT Framework.
- Experienced in Cloud based testing and device testing using Perfecto Mobile.
- Good exposure on Browser testing, PDF Testing and Certification testing.
- Expertise in documentation using MS-Office Tools (Word, Excel).
- Ability to ensure quality under tight schedule and pressure to meet customer expectations.
- Well experienced with preparing Requirements Traceability Matrix(RTM) to validate the completeness of the testing effort.
- Actively participated in all sorts of requirement walk through and Test plan reviews.
- Good exposure with clients on project related activities.
- Good Exposure with ETL Testing.
- Experienced in Migration projects related to Billing systems.
- Easily adaptable to changes by understanding different business needs.
Methodologies: Agile (Scrum), Waterfall method
Databases: DB2, SQL SERVER, Oracle
Operating System: Windows 2003, XP/2000, Vista, Windows 7, UNIX
Technology: Java, C, C++, PL/SQL, Mainframe, Groovy Script.
Testing Tools: HP Quality Centre, HPSM, SOAPUI, Ruby Mine, Selenium, TRAC, Test Link, WAT Framework, Perfecto Mobile, Jira and Rally, ETL Testing
Confidential,West Des Moines,IA
Software QA AnalystResponsibilities:
- Designing the Xml’s to perform functional testing for the applications for all lines of business
- Creating the test plan based on the requirements and User stories, creating the Test cases using User Stories/Business requirements.
- Create Xml’s based on the Design book entries for the Print forms.
- Used Soap UI for web services testing
- Performed Sprint level testing, Functional testing by creating the Xml’s for all the forms and applications, and end to end testing to validate the end result of the application.
- Involved in Systems Integration Testing and Regression Testing before stabilization.
- Analyzed the Business Requirements and Functional Specification documents.
- Developed Test Scenarios and Test Cases in an effective way to cover all the requirements.
- Design and execute the Test Plans and Test cases using User Stories/Business requirements. Performed Sprint level testing, Functional, Systems Integration Testing and Regression Testing.
- Analyzed the Business Requirements and Functional Specification documents
- Developed Test Scenarios and Test Cases
- Created the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) by mapping generated test cases against requirements.
- Prepared the high level test scenarios and detailed test cases.
- Involved in generating Test Data based on the use cases given to the developers and functional requirements of the application for complete Positive, Negative and End to End Testing.
- Performed Regression Testing.
- Involved in Test Case Review with the teams who are involved in the project
- Tested Member Eligibility and Response Transaction.
- Attended Daily Project Status meetings
- Identified defects and assigned them to the developers
- Performed Test Metrics on a weekly basis with the results from regression testing.
- Participated in requirements walkthroughs and defect review meetings
- Created automation scripts to reduce the execution time in testing.
- Received appreciation from client (Bravo Award) for my dedication towards the work in project.
Environment: HP ALM 11.0 QC, Java/J2EE, Mainframes, DB2, SQL Server, Windows XP, MS Excel, MS Word, IE 8 and 9.
- Involved in Test design and test execution activities.
- Worked on Functional, Integration, System testing, Regression and UAT testing.
- Participated in User Story review meetings and provided inputs/feedbacks to BA’s
- Responsible to assign task, Followed up on issues, updated the status, and completed task within the timeline.
- Logged and managed defects and attended defect triage meetings.
- Assigned Functional checkout to team and updated the Tracker with issues if any within the timeline Ad Hoc
- Worked on Release test cases and consolidated the status of test cases and provided the same to the concerned team
- Participated in Cross Training sessions
- Calculating the quote for a commercial group based on their salary for an organisation
- Communicated defects encountered during regression test and follow up with developers until all issues were resolved.
Environment: HPSM, Test Link, TRAC (Defect management tool), Selenium, SOAP UI, Cascade
QA Test AnalystResponsibilities:
- Analysis of Business Requirements story documents.
- Conducting the TDD (Test Driven Discussion) to carry out the document that contains all the details of the requirement.
- Was involved in executing the scripts in selenium For both DC2 and DC8 along with Web Application Testing Framework (WAT)
- Involved in Groovy scripting for web service testing
- Test case Design and Execution
- Involved in exporting of test cases from Excel to Test link
- Defect Tracking and Reporting
- Analyse the root cause of defects and resolution
- Providing process improvements for the existing process.
- Be responsible for the overall quality and timeliness of the deliverables
- Aligned with the onshore team for the effective deliverables.
- Browser and Exploratory Testing
- Device testing using Perfecto mobile
- Weekly calls with onsite for status reporting
- Tracking of issues encountered during testing in TRAC
- Automated test scripts execution
- Involved in Triage team to look after the defects raised based on priority
- Raised good number of Critical and High priority defects at various levels of Testing.
Environment: Java, Test Link, TRAC(Defect management tool), Selenium, SOAP UI, MS-Excel, WAT framework, STS, Pentium-IV, Windows 7.
- Resolved the issues faced by Customers in HPSM based on priority.
- Created SQL queries to pull the data from Data base for Payment Management
- Provided support for customer who face issues with Inventory and Activation
- FMS, DQ and RA systems Used QC for executing the regression cycles of automation suites and created customized reports to send results of testing to concerned people.
- Organized bug meetings with development team, business analyst and QA team to discuss opened defects.
- Reduced the Customer service time to improve the service quality.
- Drive structured processes throughout the organization.
- Worked in on call support and in shifts to provide a faster resolution for customers to increase Customer Satisfaction.
Environment: TOAD, TIBCO, Metasolv, HPSM,PUTTY
- Prepare Functional/Regression test matrix plans and Responsible for the timely delivery
- Analyze and interpret complex business requirements/ work flows and determine upstream and downstream impacts for large/ complex system maintenance and development requests
- Anticipating Issues & Risks and acting proactively to address them
- Executing the Test scripts and Test cases, analyzing the results
- Resolving the installation issues and documenting them for future use.
- Updating the Test results to customer, completion status on daily basis
- Sending the quality deliverable s to the client by using HP quality Center.
- Defect Management, Reporting and Tracking to closure
Environment: HP-UNIX, Putty, MS-EXCEL, HPSM