- Over 6+ years of experience in software quality assurance and software testing of client/server applications and web - based applications.
- I am good in analysis, design, and testing of MES, Continuous data protection, retail, GUI, web, mobile,ande-commerce applications.
- Strong knowledge in testing all phases of SDLC and STLC and expertise in waterfall. V-model, Agile with SCRUM lifecycles.
- Tested Web Services using Soap UI tool by validating request and response data XML, JSON and created Mock services for Rest API with Soap UI tool and written Groovy scripts with assertions and data-driven testing using excel data with Soap UI tool
- In addition to managing the team, I've performed various activities requirements analysis, test planning, manual testing, performance/load testing, user acceptance testing, ad hoc. I've also created and maintained test plans, test suites, test cases, test reports and other testing documentation; maintained the distributed test infrastructure
- Experienced in developing and maintaining Test Planning, Test Case Design, Test Script Development, Test Environment Setup, Test Data Setup, Defect Management, Test Log, Test Result and Traceability Matrix.
- Expertise in Grey box, Integration Testing, GUI testing, Functional testing, Accessibility Testing, System testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance testing, end-to-end testing and Black Box testing, Hot Fix testing methodologies.
- Experienced in performing Back-End Testing to maintain Data Consistency, Integrity and Accuracy of SQL Server and Oracle database.
- Proficient in the tasks of bug tracking and reporting using Quality Center/Test Director, JIRA,and Bugzilla.
- Having Experience in virtualization by creating Virtual VM in Unix, Linux with various version, windows and writing Shell scripts, Bash Scripts and configuring scheduled jobs with Corn for system testing and TCP/IP Protocol testing with Wireshark.
- Maintained Test cases in TFS web application and Automated by integrating with Selenium
- Tracked all the bugs and validated those using TFS, Bugzilla and Jira generated burn down reports and test metrics and reported to project stakeholders.
- Expertise in Writing Pl SQL code used to test Oracle Database queries
- Good Understanding on calculating capacity, analyzing User Stories and acceptance criteria in agile methodology and participated in daily Scrum meetings, Sprint planning, Sprint Retrospective and Reviews and testing each sprint deliverables.
- Excellent skills in understanding projects and creating test cases out of Business Requirement Document and Functional Requirement Document used in BDD framework of automation and prepared in Test plan and test sign off documents.
- Hands on experience for defect tracking & defect management from the discovery of defects, submitting the defects with elaboration so that developers can recreate & provide the fix faster, retesting of the fixed defects & tracking the defect status in defect tracking tools TFS, Bugzilla,and Jira till it is closed.
- Extensively worked on LISA for the automation of the test scripts for functional testing.
- Highly motivated team player with analytical, organizational and technical skills, unique ability to adapt quickly to challenges and changing environment and delivering under high-stress environment.
- Authoring /managing test deliverables i.e. test plan, Installation Qualification Protocol, Operational Qualification Protocol and Performance Qualification Protocol, Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Scripts and Test Summary report.
- Extensive knowledge in advance features of VMware VMotion, SVMotion, HA and DRS including vSphere Update Manager, VMware Data Recovery, vCenter Lab Manager and vCenter Orchestrator.
- Experience in P2V, V2V MIGRATION using VMware vCenter Converter / Plate Spin Power Convert and Creating host and client VM templates and cloning.
- Prepared Test summary report and published to different stakeholders. Involved in good interaction with client-side team to ensure testing Issues are resolved. Represented team Confidential organizational QA forums.
- Developed and executed SQL queries to perform back-end testing. Wrote and executed SQL queries to interpret test results and create test data.
Test build and Integration tools: MAVEN, ANT, JENKINS
Operating system: Windows NT 2000, LINUX, UNIX
Bug tracking tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, TFS, Remedy
Version control tools: SVN, GIT, IBM Rational clear case, BITBucket, source tree
Testing tools: Quality center 9.0 -10.0, ALM 11.0 and QTP.
Automation Tools: CA Lisa, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium WebDriver
Databases: MYSQL, ORACLE,Ni-SQL
Cloud services: AWS, Azure
Confidential, Elsugondo, CA
Sr. QA Dev Automation Engineer
- Followed Agile project management methodology, actively involved in scrum daily standup, sprint planning, sprint review and retrospective meeting .
- Worked with Continuous build and Integration and Deployment using Maven and Jenkins.
- As the QA tester my basic role is to understand the requirements, analyze the code, figure out the components to tested.
- Prioritize the testing depending upon the dependencies and which are the components to be tested.
- Experienced working with the REST API web services.
- Worked with tools POSTMAN for the testing of REST services code which is given by the developer and test them on my machine.
- Executed JMeter Scenariosto perform performance testing of web application and Rest API’s. Also executed Stress and scalability tests and performed extensive load tests using JMeter.
- Performed the blackout depending on the policies to end user customers.
- For the central code management, we used bit bucket to store the code and we used source tree to pull the code to the local machine.
- For writing the test case I test case management tools like Q-Metry for testing, automating and executing the Test Files.
- Examined logs in the kubernetes, when I hit send in the postman. Depending upon the logs we can clarify the test pass or fail. We also use Junit is the frame work for unit testing.
- For Functional testing we used LISA it is an automation toolfor testing the Test scripts. Where I created the test.
- In LISA is used to check the response code with the Rest services code with creating headers and the body.
- In LISA we can check different kinds of responses for testing the code.
- We maintained couch base as the database where we use query bench with the Ni-SQL for executing the query as the data base for us.
- We used regression testing for the staging and production. I already tested the code in dev end
- We also used Smoke testing for checking the BUILD is working as expected in dev end.
- Messaging service we used is KAKFA for sending the data.
Environment: Windows, Kafka, Q-Metry, Jira, Jira Test Management, Junit NATS, Couch Base, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Post Man, Source Tree, Bit Bucket, Lisa, Devtest, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
QA Automation Engineer
- Analysis of Business and Requirement Specifications. Implementing Test Lab and formulation of Test Plans, Test Strategy.
- Ensure to guide process and technology adoption to assure apt QA testing of User Interface application.
- Involved in building automation framework from scratch using Selenium WebDriver, Java, JUnit, Cucumber(BDD), and Eclipse.
- Developed Automation framework implementing Page Object Model, using JAVA, Selenium Web driver and Cucumber.
- Performed BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions in Gherkin format.
- Used MAVEN for build management, SVN as source repository and Jenkins for Continuous Integration of the builds.
- Performed User Acceptance testing (UAT) exclusively in an agile environment.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to run test cases in multiple browsers and cross Platforms.
- Performed UI, Functional and Regression testing by automated using Selenium, TestNG, Maven, and Jenkins.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly consignment run of the Script. Designed Project plan on Jenkins, configured scheduled using Cron job.
- Performed Data-driven testing using JUnit functions and Selenium WebDriver which examines the data properly from XML files.
- Used Apache POI API to register the test data from the excel sheet. Utilized Jira as defect tracking tool on the project.
- Examined the Business Requirements Document (BRD), designed Test cases and Test scripts for the application under examination.
- Designed the test scripts and analyzed the results in various levels of the application including integration, regression, functional and acceptance testing using Selenium.
- Implemented Regression and Smoke test execution as a discrete step of the deployment process by using WebDriver.
- Performed functional testing to identify several critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation (Java /TestNG) prior to agile release.
- Involved in preparing a report of all automation difficulties and test results for a further application using Maven. Performed functional testing of SOAP & Restful Web Services using SOAPUI Tool Used Java/JUnit to run Cucumber feature (BDD) and scenarios and generating report daily basis.
Environment: CA LISA,Selenium Web Driver, JIRA, Jenkins, MAVEN, SVN, Apache-POI, Cucumber (BDD), Gherkin, Oracle DB, Eclipse, Firebug, Fire Path, SOAPUI, XML, HTML.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
QA Automation Engineer
- Reviewed Business Requirement and Software Specification Requirements to achieve better understanding of the Application.
- Prepared Test Plan and Test Cases. Executed Test Cases and Gathered Test Execution results. Tested the Functionality of the application through manual Testing.
- Developed Test Scenarios and Test Procedures based on the test requirements.
- Prepared automated scripts for Maintenance and Regression testing. Analyzed existing and planned business processes. Documented workflows and created functional specs for development.
- Performed Frontend and Functionality Testing using QTP.
- Automated test scenarios for GUI, Functionality and performed data-driven testing on the application inserting different data using QTP.
- Performed Backend testing using SQL queries to access the main database. Coordinated all the database changes to the development and test databases.
- We use capturing and modeling dependent systems through Service Virtualization capabilities.
- Performed extensive functional GUI level testing and wrote /modified tests from scratch.
- Implemented Confidential - SQL/SQL Scripts and Wrote SQL queries to validate data.
- Developed test cases and scenarios in accordance to the technical specifications and project plans provided by the appropriate business analysts.
- Performed Sanity, Smoke, Functional, Security, Configuration and User Acceptance testing manually.
- Tested the Application in different Web Browsers and on Multiple Platforms- UNIX, Linux,and Windows. We used to do GUI testing.
- I worked with Oracle 10g and 11g.Manually tested calculations of home and auto insurance rates and dividends using MS-Excel and cross-checked for results data.
- Performed calculations on Excel sheet to estimate how much life insurance a person needs, based on the debts customer has. Used Quality Center to generate reports. Used Quality Center, for test planning.
- Used Quality Center to invoke the scripts and initially performed the baseline testing, as well as, organized all the scripts systematically and generated reports.
- Work in conjunction with the Requirements Analyst and other testers to create and organize Software Requirements in Quality Center.
- Involved in installation of the Quality Center and used Quality Center for requirements management, planning, scheduling, running tests, defect tracking, managing the defects and executing the test cases. Reported server performance under test conditions.
- Performed extensive manual testing on different modules. Developed Test Matrices on a weekly basis. Involved in meetings to identify new structures and modification of existing structures as necessary for the application under test.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing. Performed Front End testing and Back End testing using Black Box testing methodology.
- Performed Security Testing of the application to ensure proper user authentication. Tested the application compatibility with IE and Mozilla Firefox browsers.
- Provided test plan, daily reports on the functional or performance testing effort. Wrote Test Summary Report Confidential the conclusion of the test cycle.
- Conducted manual functionality and regression testing for each build and version. Documented errors and implemented their resolutions.
- Generated the detailed reports of the bugs and pass-fail report.
- Report bugs/defects in the Clear Quest and ensure problem resolution is communicated in a timely and effective manner between Developers, Lead QA and Project Manager.
Environment: Java Script, HTML, Oracle, Quality Center, QTP, Clear Quest, SQL Server, Windows, UNIX.
- In agile environment, attended daily standup meetings, revived user stories.
- Designed and developed test plan based on BRD and user stories
- Developed and executed test cases in version one tool.
- Participated in daily scrum meetings.
- Performed end to end black box and white box testing.
- Assist development and database teams is troubleshooting complex technical and end user’s scenarios.
- The project we worked on the credit cards of Canada. Our function in the project working with mainframes environment.
- Analyzed business requirements and technical specifications.
- Drafted test scenarios and test cases covering the critical business.
- Coordinated with client for project clarifications and enhancements in planning phase.
- Provided the daily, weekly status to the project lead for maintain project-level matrices.
- Identified functional gaps between requirements and test scenarios driven.
- Executed the test cases and raised critical defects which indeed effects the business flow.
- The major functional working is mostly used in sectors like finance, insurance, retail, other critical areas where huge data and proceeded multiple times.
- The basic testing which I have done is shakedown/smoke testing, system testing, system integration testing, regression testing, performance testing, security testing.
- I have knowledge in ISPF commands for mainframe testing.
Environment: s: Manual Testing Utilized Agile/Scrum, Jira, Bugzilla, Mainframe, SQL, TOAD, Version One, XML, Web Services.