- 10+years of Professional Experience in the Information Technology on Software Quality Assurance and Automation Testing.
- Experience in implementing skills in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as Software Testing Life Cycle(STLC).
- Experience in Manual and Automated testing using Java Programming language and open source tools like Selenium IDE, and Selenium RC, WebDriver, JUnit, TestNG, framework, SoapUI.
- Expertise in preparing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Defect management, Defect Reports and Test reports of manual and Automation Test scripts.
- Involved in testing of different interfaces in the application.
- Knowledge on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing and Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous Integration.
- Good experience working on different product development models like waterfall and emerging methodologies like Agile - Scrum .
- Experience in design and planning of automation test architecture and implementation.
- Extensive experience in Automation scripting using Page Object Model, Selenium Web Driver, Restful web service API testing using Java, TestNG & SoapUI, Performance testing using tools like Selenium Grid, and Jmeter.
- Experience using CA DevTest (previously iTKO LISA).
- Well-versed with Unix/Linux commands - grep, find, tar, ftp, scp, ssh, cp, tail, more, rsh, rcp etc.
- Understanding of databases and services (e.g. Restful services), including the ability to programmatically interact with data formats that may include JSON.
- Experience in testing Stand-Alone, Client-Server, Web-based and Web Service(SOA) Applications.
- Good Experience in Quality Center, HP ALM, Test Director, JIRA for providing Defect management including defect creation, modification, reproducing (as necessary), tracking, prioritizing and reporting.
- Excellent experience with RDBMS like Oracle, SQL server, DB2 and GUI tool with respect to RDBMS technologies like, TOAD, dB visualizer etc.
- Experience working on different Automation frameworks like Keyword Driven Framework, Data Driven Framework and Hybrid Framework.
- Experience in white Box Testing, Black Box Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Data Driven Testing, Back End and Front End testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Good understanding of Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) using Cucumber framework.
- Identification of areas of improvement to increase the speed and efficiency.
- Knowledge in writing unique XPath using firebug and fire path to identify Web Elements.
- Knowledge of different programming languages core Java, HTML, CSS, SQL.
- Excellent Experience with source version control tools such as Subversion, Git.
- Knowledge on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing and Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous Integration.
- Experience in defining the automation testing process and framework for Regression and Integration testing along with supporting test data strategy, automated testing tool installation, and database refresh scripts required to successfully execute on-going automated regression tests throughout the development life cycle.
- Good business understanding and effective at working across multiple teams within an organization.
Testing Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle
Functional Testing Tools:: Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid, SOAPUI, TestNG, Junit, Katalon Studio, Katalon Recorder.
Frameworks: Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model(POM), Behavior Driven Development(BDD) using Cucumber.
Build and Integration tools: Jenkins, Maven, Ant
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Languages: Java, Python, HTML. PHP
Source control: SVN, GIT
Operating systems: Windows NT/XP/Vista & 7, UNIX, LINUX
MS Office Tools: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
IDEs Tool: Eclipse
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MS Access & MYSQL, Cassandra DB
TIBCO Components: TIBCO Tools Business Works, EMS, Administrator, Hawk, Business Events, REST JSON Plugin, Large XML plugin.
Confidential, Johns Creek, GA
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed project documentation including functional requirements and unit/integration test plans to ensure that requirements are testable and the full ranges of system aspects are being tested.
- Built and executed comprehensive test plans, translated Requirements/Use Cases into and Test Cases for manual and automated test.
- Performed Ad-hoc, Usability, Functionality, Sanity/Smoke, integration, system level (data flow) end-to-end and regression testing.
- Published messages using different tools like JMeter, TIBCO, Eclipse and JAVA.
- Verified and Captured the message published flow using tools like TIBCO EMS, Kariba, Kafka, Spark and Cassandra.
- Verified iAPI logs in Kibana Dashboard.
- Identified test data from Cassandra database; analyzed input and output of test data to identify discrepancies between requirements and test results.
- Documented software defects, leveraged troubleshooting skills to assist with defining root cause, and conducted re-testing after defects are addressed.
- Attending various Client meetings and status meetings.
- Built and executed automation test scripts for Data base checking and Message publishing using Selenium WebDriver and Eclipse IDE.
- Collected and analyzed logs from Kariba, Kafka sources, writing queries for data verification against Cassandra DB.
- Prepared the review and status reports and delivery reports for the automation and manual scripts.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, SOAP UI, JIRA, HP ALM, Agile(Scrum), Cassandra, Maven, TIBCO BW, EMS, TIBCO BE, TIBCO Hawk, Kariba, Kafka, Kibana Dashboard, Spark.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed the business requirements, functional documents, Use Case documents and created test plan documentation, test strategy, test cases, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing.
- Involved in testing effort estimates and provided the timely feedback on progress of the testing activity.
- In depth understanding of Object Oriented Programming and skilled in developing automated test scripts in Java and w orked with developers and team in agile environment, with daily scrum meetings, presentations and review.
- Design, develop and implement Page Object Model Pattern based Keyword Driven automation testing framework utilizing Java, Test-NG and Selenium Web-Driver.
- Performed UI testing and front-end testing using Selenium.
- Developed Maven targets to execute automation suites from command line.
- Developed Automation Framework that uses Java programming in Eclipse, TestNG and Maven.
- Used Firebug tool to identify Object’s id, Name, Xpath, link in the application.
- Involved in functionality and Regression testing cycles of major product releases by developing test suite using selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in writing test scenarios, feature files using Cucumber annotations.
- Implemented BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behaviors and step Definitions.
- Executed Cucumber test scenarios through TestNG.
- Effectively used Selenium data driven, Xpath locator and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium. Performed functional testing of SOAP and RESTFULL Web Services using SOAP UI Tool. Intensively analyzed the test results and bugs are tracked and reported with the detailed status of the bug with HP ALM/Quality center (QC).
- Involved in defect management - Track all the defects raised, conduct defect meetings to update the status of the defects periodically.
- Verified, updated and maintained all the defects raised during functional and regression testing and reported them in Quality Center and performed follow up with bug life cycle.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver/IDE, Eclipse, JAVA, TestNG, SQL Server, SOAP UI, Quality Centre, Agile(Scrum), Firebug, Fire path, Xpath, Jira, HTML, Maven.
Confidential, Grand Rapids, MI
- Reviewed client requirements, expectations, Use Cases documented in Requisite Pro and provided approaches to automate with proper documentation.
- Worked in Agile methodology consists of daily sessions and attend meetings with team and developers to evaluate the progress of the application.
- Performed functional, integration, automation and performance testing.
- Performed manual testing of each build and then regression testing on each build using Selenium WebDriver.
- Implemented test code in Java, using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG.
- Scripted current test scenarios in new Selenium WebDriver with JAVA with TestNG annotations.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API for Test case automation.
- Effectively performed integrated testing end - end testing and validated results with clients.
- Participated in daily SCRUM meetings and gave the daily status of testing.
- Executed ANT and Maven build files for running Automated tests.
- Generating reports for test execution and updating confluence page with test results.
- Used Jenkins tool for continuous integration running entire test suite and create jobs for all test suites.
- Performed back - end testing of the application using SQL Queries.
- Performed web services testing using SOAP UI.
- Conducted multi browser testing to check application can work on IE, Firefox and Chrome browsers.
- Participated in both positive and negative Test cases of functionality and Regression tests.
- Interacted with the respective developers to explain the testing issues on behalf of the testing team and managed the entire testing effort.
- Defined and managed defects, defect counts, test results and status reporting.
- All issues are reported through Rally Tool and registered in QC for internal purpose.
- Configured selenium and GRID scripts on virtual machines.
- ‘sExtensively worked with version control system Subversion (SVN) and executed test cases then updated and integrated application code.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium grid, Java, Eclipse IDE, SVN, ANT, Maven 3.0, HTML, SOAP UI, TestNG, Windows, Linux, Chrome and Firefox.
Confidential, FARMINGTON HILLS, MI
- Analyzed system specifications and business requirements of clients and used agile scrum methodologies.
- Extensively created Test plans to check the functionality of application.
- Involved in creating test case templates to facilitate recording of manual test cases to automation test scripts.
- Developed test automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver for regression and performance testing of the various releases of the application
- Extensively worked on sanity tests, written scripts to perform sanity testing to verify weekly builds.
- Performed manual testing on different modules of the Application by executing the Test Cases.
- Developed build scripts using ANT for automated tests.
- Worked on cross-browser testing using different browsers like IE, Firefox and Chrome.
- Implemented test automation in Java using Eclipse IDE, test framework such as TestNG, the unit test framework for Java.
- Extensively used Selenium (data-driven, XPath locator) and WebDriver to test the web application. .
- Used Xpath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in selenium.
- Validated database and performed database testing by writing SQL Queries.
- Performed web services testing SOAP UI.
- Created reports for different departments using MS Access and Excel.
- Involved in Test Execution and Defect Reporting using Jira and bug tracking, analyzing, reviewing and reporting test result using Quality Centre.
- Weekly meeting with the management team and share the Status.
Environment: Java, Selenium web driver, Eclipse, ANT, TestNG, Agile, Xpath, Linux, Firebug, SQL, SOAP UI, Quality Centre, TestNG, Jenkins, Jira, Windows, Firefox, Chrome.
- Involved in identifying the manual test cases for automation.
- Involved in preparing Test data based on business functions.
- Developed Test Scenarios and Test Cases as per the requirement document.
- Involved in creating Test metrics.
- Experience authoring custom Data Protocol Handlers within DevTest
- Finding and reporting defect in defect tracking tool Quality Center.
- Used Quality Center to report application enhancements request and discussed with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Knowledge in monitoring DevTest servers during application teams load testing daily and continuous support to fix any application.
- Performed different types of testing like Functionality, system, regression and Retesting.
Environment: Quality Center, SQL Server, Manual Testing, Windows, MS Excel, XML
- Primary duties include Build and Deployment of the java applications onto different environments like Dev, QA, UAT and Prod.
- Maintained configuration files for each application for build purpose and installed on different environments.
- Used SVN for branching, tagging, and merging.
- Experience writing implementation plans for installing software components on build agents, and working with application services team to execute the install.
- Support QA regression deployments, monthly and weekly releases of applications.
- Extensive experiences with Maven build process and repository manager Nexus.
- Working knowledge of Windows batch scripting, LINUX Shell scripting, Perl and Maven POM Scripting.
- Integrating the code quality analysis tools like Cobertura, Find Bugs, JUnit, PMD, and Check style into the projects
- Built and Deployed java source code into application servers in an Agile continuous integration environment.
- Generated Ant, Perl & UNIX scripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Worked on the transition project, which involves migration activities from Ant to Maven in order to standardize the build across all the applications.
- Coordinated application release with Development, DBA, QA and project management teams.
- Automated the deployment and server bounce for JBoss Applications.
- Build artifacts (war and ear) are deployed into a JBoss app server using Shell Scripts.
- Worked with JIRA for Issue Tracking and monitoring.
- Directed the Release Management Calls to synchronize with the Developers, Testers and DBA teams for successful Release.
- Deployed using Admin console into JBoss Application Servers.
- Involved in troubleshooting of user interface using JSP.
- Pushed releases to QA, Beta, and production environments.
- Worked closely with the team to review code for compatibility issues, resolve issues as they arise, and implement deployment processes and improvements on a continuous basis.
Environment: Web ClearCase, ANT, BuildForge, WebLogic, UNIX, Shell, Perl Scripting, SVN, JBoss, JSP, JIRA. Sudha R QA Engineer