- Experience with Software Quality Assurance/bug tracking software such as Mercury Quality Center and Jira.
- Expertise in embedded hardware design and assembly language programming of several microprocessors including: Microchip PIC 10/12/16/18 series, 8051 and 80x86; currently learning ARM processors.
- Familiar with RS232, TWI (I2C) and SPI serial bus designs
- Experience with configuration of IIS 5.0/6.
- Experience in designing databases in Microsoft Access and Visual Basic for Applications, currently learning Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Developer and Express Editions
- Experience in C# and Visual Basic and VB.NET in the .NET 2.0/3.0/3.5 environments and associated Integrated Development Environments Visual Studio 2003, 2005, 2008 and 2010.
- Knowledgeable in Object Oriented Languages such as C#, Java/J++ and C++
- Performed software validation and verification of instrumentation to 10 CFR 50 Appendix B (nuclear energy) requirements.
- Experience with environmental testing (EMI, mechanical, temperature and humidity) of instrumentation for service in safety systems of nuclear power plants.
- Some experience in writing assemblers, cross assemblers, and other language translators.
- Knowledgeable in the operation of logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, microprocessor emulators and other electronic laboratory instruments.
- Experience with review of complex contracts for technical requirements.
- Excellent written communication skills
Confidential, Princeton Junction, NJ
Senior QA SW/HW Test Engineer
- Test Confidential software and firmware products.
- Develop test suites in Test Link software.
- Perform tests on hardware as needed.
- Configuring virtual servers in VMware Player for testing
- Record testing results in defect tracking software, Jira.
- Provided tier 2 and 3 tech support.
- Learning Cypress PSoC 5LP processors to support testing.
- Migrating tests to automated testing.
- Learning automated software testing suites, Selenium.
Confidential, Willow Grove, PA
Embedded Firmware Engineer
- Design changes to existing instrument hardware and software to add new product features to an 8051 derivative based design used in pulse code cab signaling equipment.
- Revised digital fuel gauge to accommodate larger fuel tanks.
- Design electronic circuits for new products such as locomotive engine freeze plug heater.
- Assist in debugging older design cab signal testers.
- Selection of replacement parts related to new design.
- Authoring of software tools required to facilitate design changes such as generating large data tables.
Confidential, Trenton, NJ
- Debug installation scripts for proServices products.
- Install Windows Server 2003 R2
- Configure ASP.NET server and IIS version 5.0 and 6.0 for proServices software
- Configure Microsoft SQL Server 2005 for use with proServices software
Confidential, Hatfield, PA
- Write C# applications for testing in - house hardware and products.
- Used OOD techniques to encapsulate driver for measurement equipment.
- Maintain Visual Basic programs used in calibration of Mass Flow Controllers.
- Provide assistance to IT for improvements in Software.
- Provide support for manufacturing.
Confidential, Horsham, PA
Software Tester QA Department
- Designed datasets for testing health measures in against Confidential ’s internal test database.
- Performed testing of selected code modules based on the design document.
- Tracked results and progress using Mercury Quality Center.
- Reviewed datasets written by others to insure they are accurate and correct.
- Provided assistance to other contractors in the design and entering of datasets.
- Trained other contractors in the design and data entry of the dataset and testing the HQM software.
Confidential, Horsham, PA
Software Support Specialist
- Authored C# and VB.net demo programs for Confidential products running the .net 2.0.
- Analyzed (usually using OOA) customer’s software and provided suggestions for improving performance and reliability.
- Performed validation testing for new software releases.
- Debugged hardware designs for engineering department as required.
- Improved test documentation by adding acceptance criteria.
- Streamlined the validation process to reduce validation time by 50%.
- Proofread, reviewed and edited all user manuals for correct content resulting in a much cleaner and concise manual.
- Provided Technical Services for Confidential customers, both internal and external on all products.
- Assisted the Repair Department with diagnosing problems with returned units.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Design, maintain and revise real time Confidential RISC processor controlled applications used in point of sale and store displays.
- Authored simulation prototypes of products using C# and VB.Net
- Designed circuits and authored C and Assembly language software for applications such as touch screen controllers.
- Directed draftsmen to make changes or made changes to circuit designs using Eagle PC software.
- Performed video and audio editing of customer supplied material for store displays.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Nuclear Services Coordinator
- Authored software validation procedures for equipment qualified for nuclear service by reviewing source code (C & assembler).
- Supervised the testing and evaluated EMI/RFI test reports for Confidential Industrial Automation nuclear qualified equipment.
- Authored Visual Basic programs for equipment configuration.
- Authored several MS Access databases for price quotations
- Authored desktop utilities for Desqview desktop manager written in Turbo C++
- Supervised the day-to-day operation of Nuclear Services Department at Confidential Industrial Automation.
- Placed orders, approved purchase orders, and invoices.
- Reviewed customer purchase orders for all quality and technical requirements.
- Maintained a 5 user Novell 3.12 LAN.
- Gained experience and provide assistance to others in using MS Office: Word, Excel, and Access.
- Performed basic mechanical design for EMI/RFI enclosures.
- Participated in vendor quality control and quality assurance audits both as a team member and lead auditor.
- Revised Quality assurance procedures relating to federal codes, 10CFR 50 Appendix B in particular.
- Witnessed and approved EMI/RFI tests for equipment.
- Insured that all personnel follow Quality Assurance procedures.
- Authored MS Access database for department M&TE
- Member of ISA committee on EMI/RFI SP67.16-WG1 EMI compatibility in nuclear power plants.
Confidential, Ivyland, PA
Associate Electrical Engineer
- Completed the hardware design and authored the software for portable flow monitoring instrument utilizing embedded Z80 MPU.
- Gained knowledge in VME bus system design and integration.
- Authored system software for the OS-9 real-time operating system and several utility programs.
- Gained knowledge of Z80 and 8080/8085 assembly languages.
- Performed software qualification and validation tests and final inspection on digital communication products.
- Designed and constructed a simple burn-in oven for VME chassis which aided in removing units subject to “infant mortality.”
- Authored software for testing printed circuit boards using an IBM PC computer.
- Prepared systems for delivery to customers.
- Performed incoming inspection.
- Gained working knowledge of the Confidential C programming language and writing programs for the MS DOS operating system.
- Authored and distributed language processors, 68000 Cross-assembler, and source code translator written in C and assembly languages.
- Authored magazine article in Rainbow Magazine (magazine for personal computers).
Confidential, Horsham, PA
Associate Electrical Engineer/Production Engineer
- Improved product reliability by refining designs on existing assemblies.
- Improved the manufacturing process of “problem’ assembles though application of proper engineering principles and well designed tests to those assemblies.
- Gained knowledge in all aspects of the design, development, and in corporation of products into production.
- Provided engineering support for production and final assembly though Confidential and troubleshooting.
- Gained experience in designing microcomputer systems used in X-Y table servo control.
- Designed high capacity floppy disc system.
- Completed the design and supervised the installation of optical pattern recognition systems at Blaupunkt in Hildeshiem, West Germany.