- 5 years of experience in all the phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC),SDLC and Agile development processes.
- Diversified Experience in Manual Testing and automation testing tools like Selenium, QTP, SOAP UI etc and s erving various domains such as Finance, Healthcare and Retail.
- Exceptional in Analyzing Business Specifications and Conversant in developing Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports and documenting Manual and Automation Testing.
- Expertise in Preparing Bug Severity Chart, Writing Test Summary Report, bug - tracking and Test plan creation using test management tools such as Test Director, Quality Center, Bugzilla, JIRA, Team Foundation Server and Test Manager .
- Extensive exposure to Automation testing using WinRunner, Load Runner and Test Director.
- Experience in Functional, Regression testing using QTP and Selenium for Web Based applications.
- Strong in understanding the Web Services, HTTP, SOAP, XML, XPath, XSD, WSDL, REST, JSON.
- Experience with Cross-Browser and Compatibility Testing using Selenium Grid to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments.
- Experience in designing and developing Automation Frameworks (Record/Playback, Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid Driven, and Page Objects,BDD,TDD,ATDD).
- Good knowledge of J2EE, Java Script, HTML, XML, C++ and .NET Applications.
- Possess knowledge about various Internet Protocols like HTTP, FTP and SMTP.
- Experience using Protractor.
- Good experience in Creating test automation scripts using Java,Selenium and Cucumber.
- Hands on Experience on testing web services (SOAP, REST) using SOAP UI and Postman.
- Experienced in configuring Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server with Maven.
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using TestNG (Groups, Parameter, Data Provider).
- Conversant with Ant and Maven project build tools and developed Selenium synchronization using conditional and unconditional wait conditions.
- Strong database skills that include build/maintain tables and indexes, build/maintain SQL, PL/SQL scripts, Stored Procedures, Triggers and Functions.
- Experience in using UNIX commands and knowledge of writing Unix Shell Scripting .
- Conversant using Configuration management tools like SVN, GIT.
- Excellent analytical skills with good communication and self-organizing skills, assertive and a committed team player.
Programming Languages/Scripting Languages: Java/Java script,VB script
Testing /Defect Tracking Tools: Selenium (IDE,Web Driver,Grid),QTP,SOAP UI, JMeter,HP ALM,Postman,LoadRunner,JIRA,Bugzilla,Clear Quest,Jenkins,Maven,Ant, Mercury Test Director
Web Technologies: HTML/HTML5, XML, CSS/CSS3
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, MySQL, DB2, Sql Server 2005/ 2008
Web and Application Server: Apache Tomcat, Web Logic 8.0.
Web Services: Restful, SOAP UI
Frameworks: TestNG, Junit,Datadriven,TDD,Cucumber,Protractor
Operating System: Windows XP/7/8/10, Linux
PROFESSIONAL E XPERIENCE:
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Analyzed business requirements with perspective to Black Box Testing, business process and system architecture/ design. Developed Test Strategy and Test Plans to ensure that test cases reflected user needs for the functional tests, user interface, performance, Usability and security Requirements.
- Developed Selenium Automation framework - Created a hybrid framework (Keyword and Data driven) on Selenium using TestNG.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing features and also required Selenium support code in Java for Cucumber.
- Applied robust Page object pattern (POM) on new builds and every modification in the application for Selenium WebDriver to perform Smoke and Regression testing.
- Test compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using Integrated HTML ids and XPATH in Selenium.
- Performed data-driven testing to read test input data from an Excel File so as to test the application with different positive and negative data and wrote some reusable functions.
- Involved in Webservices Testing using Soap UI tool. Validated request and response XML.
- Executed Performance Tests using LoadRunner and monitored Database and Server Activity, compiled, analyzed and reported the results.
- Wrote PL/SQL statements and SQL queries to check the contents of the Oracle tables.
Confidential, Louisville, KY
- Involved in analysis of the current QA practices, identified areas of improvement, provided Gap analysis reports, devise alternate methodologies and implemented them.
- Reviewed Functional design document and Software Specification Requirements to achieve better understanding of the Application.
- Involved in the Software Testing Strategy formulation involving, gathering Test Requirements, Test Planning, Effort Analysis, Risk Analysis, Test Design and Execution, Defect Tracking, Test Metrics and Reports, and Documentation guidelines.
- Designed use case diagrams in Rational Rose for Quality Assurance scenarios.
- Performed Integration, Functional and Performance testing of the client/Server based application.
- Design, execute and maintain automation Test Scripts in Selenium WebDriver using Java, TestNG and Maven.
- Performed Data-driven testing, Parameterized the fixed values in checkpoint statements, created data tables for the parameters and wrote functions for the parameters to read new data from the table upon each iteration.
- Analyzed various graphs generated by LoadRunner Analyzer including Database Monitors, Network Monitor graphs, User Graphs, Error Graphs, Transaction graphs and Web Server Resource Graphs.
- Performed the Selenium Synchronization of the scripts for Ajax web pages and application background processing.
- Used Gherkin languages to write features and scenarios
- Showcasing strong back end middleware and API functional automation using web, SOA/API, Rest/API, XML/API, JSON.
- Triggered the automation jobs using Jenkins to get the cucumber JSON reports.
- Performed backend testing by writing and executing SQL queries to validate that data is being populated in appropriate tables and manually verify the correctness of the data with front-end values.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Followed Agile methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables.
- Participated in Deployment Planning sessions and ensure all deployment checklist activities are covered.
- Performed Usability, GUI, Functionality, Browser Compatibility Testing, and Regression Testing of the new builds
- Created acceptance test scripts before beginning the project to analyze user requirements for acceptance criteria.
- Created Cucumber Feature Files comprising of various Test Scenarios and Step Definitions for BDD (Behavior Driven Development).
- Designed and developed Page Objects using Page Object Design Pattern and Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed Automation framework using Selenium WebDriver and Extended TestNG Framework by adding some helper classes and methods.
- Developed reusable methods and POJOs using Core Java based on requirements.
- Responsible for back-end API testing with SOAP UI and coding in groovy and Java.
- Created tests with Assertions like Schema Compliance, XPath assertions using SOAP UI.
- Involved in data extractions, file extractions and file transfers in UNIX environment.
- Reported software defects in JIRA and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Developed SQL queries to query database to test backend process of application during End-to- End testing.
- Used Maven build tool to manage framework dependency jar files.
- Involved in integrating the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
Environment: Java, Eclipse, Selenium Webdriver, SQL,TOAD,JIRA, XML, SOAP UI,TestNG, Cucumber,UNIX, Agile
- Analyzed user stories, Business Requirements, functional requirements system requirements, and participated in sprint planning, review sessions and Scrum meetings.
- Prepared all test deliverables throughout STLC including requirement traceability matrix, manual and functional test cases as per requirements.
- Created and executed Automated Test Scripts in QTP using Business Process Testing (BPT) concept, and Key word driven Framework.
- Used Checkpoints, Descriptive programming and Data Driven Test Scripts in QTP.
- Evaluated QTP for automation & created various GUI checkpoints using QTP.
- Extensively used QTP integrated environment like Data Table, Actions, and Recovery scenarios
- Design and execute the test cases on the application as per company standards and tracked the defects using HP Quality Center.
- Performed web services testing with SOAP UI by validating request and response for XML files.
- Involved in querying using SQL and updating records and validate database records as expected.
- Performed white box testing on developer's SQL code and wrote SQL verification scripts to test the result of deployment for correct business logic.
- Integrated the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.