- 4 years of experience in the field of Software Quality Assurance Testing.
- Good exposure to various SDLC models including Agile (Scrum), Water Fall models.
- Well versed with Software Testing Life Cycle.
- Proficient in creating Test Plans, Test Cases based on the Business Requirement documents, and Functional Requirement Specifications.
- Experienced in Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Browser compatibility testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Strong in Front - End Testing and Back-End testing manually, as well as using QTP automation tool.
- Sound knowledge of test management tool HP Quality Center, HP Application Lifecycle Management and Rational Clear Quest tools.
- Experienced in Regression Testing using QTP automation tools.
- Exposure to Test Analysis -- what to test manually vs. what to Automate.
- Worked on backend testing and has very good knowledge of writing SQL Queries to verify the data.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to understand applications from a technical as well as business perspective.
- Diligent worker, self-starter, consistent performer and adaptable to work both as a team member as well as independently.
Operating Systems: Windows 98/NT/2000/XP/7, UNIX
Testing Tools: HP QTP 10.x
Test Management Tools: HP ALM,Mercury/HPQuality Center, Rational Clear Quest.
Databases: Oracle, MS-SQL Server, MS Access.5.0
Languages: C, VB, SQL, Java, .NET.
Scripting: VB Script, Java Script
Other Tools: SOAP UI, VB script, Toad, SQL Loader.
Confidential, Buffalo Grove, IL
- Reviewed and Analyzed theBusinessandFunctionalRequirement Documents.
- Actively participated in various meetings including Business Analysts, Development, and QA. Meetings.
- Created manualTest CasesinHP QC/HP ALMfor variousUser Storiesbased onReleaseandSprintPlan.
- Involved in dailyScrummeetings. Also involved inIteration/Sprintplanning meeting to plan thestoriesthat needs to be developed and tested in the upcoming sprint based on the priority and estimated effort.
- Reviewed Test cases developed by other team members as part of peer review.
- PreparedXML test datafiles to validate different scenarios, usingBoundary Value AnalysisandEquivalence partitioningtechniques.
- Executed test cases and test scripts for manual and automation testing. Defects are raised in the HP Quality Center/HP ALM for logging, tracking and reporting bugs in the application.
- Acted as the liaison between developers and business analysts to prioritize bug resolution.
- Also tested the application forbrowser compatibilityon various browsers like IE7, IE8, and Firefox.
- Enhanced and maintainedQTP scripts, ConfiguredShared Object Repositoriesand developedReusable Function LibrariesusingVBScript.
- Wrote complexSQLqueries to Oracle database for backend/frontend comparative analysis i.e., to check the correctness of the data stored in the database.
Environment:Java, J2EE, SQL, Oracle, Microsoft Office, VB script, HP Quality Center, QTP, Windows, XML, SOAP UI, HTML, VB script, Sharepoint, TOAD
- Involved in reviewing Business and Functional Specification documents.
- Created test plans, test cases using HP QC.
- Automated the Regression test suite using QTP.
- Responsible for running the smoke test after every code release in test environments.
- Created, Reviewed and Executed test cases and test scripts for System, Integration testing.
- Involved in creating the Object Repositories, QTP Test scripts and execute them.
- Prepared automation scripts to load set up data for partners, programs and assets.
- Responsible for coordinating with developers in resolution of issues encountered during smoke test.
- Created several common VBScript functions.
- Actively participated in Bug triage meetings.
- Worked with developers for defect analysis and helped them in replicating the error in development system.
- Validated the back-end data using SQL queries for data integrity.
- Reviewed BRD/FRS documents.
- Involved in designing Test scenarios and Test Cases based on Functional Requirement Specification document.
- Performed Integration testing, Regression testing, Interface testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Involved in transitioning and sharing the knowledge with new team members joined the team, also explaining them the test methodology, procedures, current status and company standards to write Test Cases.
- Defects were Tracked, Reviewed and Analyzed using Quality Center.
- Identify new functionality and regression scripts to ensure testing coverage while testing for enhancements or changes requested through CR documents or fixes.
- Created and executed SQL queries to ensure data accuracy and also verified the tables using SQL.
Environment:J2EE, Oracle 9i, SQL, Toad, Documentum, HP Quality Center, QTP.
- Led a diverse workforce of technical professionals in coordinating the installation, maintenance, and support ofsystem software products.
- Worked with team members in order to develop strategic direction and tactical plansfor these platforms that were supported, planned and managed via software projects in support of the tacticalwork plan.Perform root case analysis, problem isolation/resolution, and documentation of issues Per ServiceLevel Agreements.Aggregate data across systems, best practice analysis templates, and external buyer-supplierB2B communications to improve procurement operations and achieve full process integration
- .Managed andmonitored data center backups for initial troubleshooting of local and remote network and server problems;verifying computer and network data for irregularities.Provided LAN/WAN device support with thoroughunderstanding of software analysis concepts, for Hardware repairs and network changes.Receive incomingcalls from clients/vendors regarding any B2B related issues, answered inquiries promptly andaccurately.Research, escalate, and refer inquiries to other departments as needed.Troubleshoot and resolveperformance issues related to all telephone calls received from users having problems using AribaE-procurement software. Worked with team members to resolve complex systems software and applicationupload/download issues.
- Developed training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use ofhardware or software.Confer with staff, users, and management to established requirements for new systems ormodifications of security determination using documented procedures and tools.Manage day to day service delivery problems.Consulted with end users to ascertain and define their business requirements/problem areas, and utilize technicalexpertise to provide solutions to the end users' needs.Consuledt with users with system or application issues toparticipate in diagnostic procedures; and test software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whetherproduct will aid user in work performance.Collaboration within test planning, writing test cases scripts, testcase automation and test execution.Responsible for design, implementation, and support of networkinfrastructure for multiple US locations.Worked independently and in teams to meet rapid pace of business.
- Network design, engineering, implementation, management, capacity planning, and troubleshooting.Expertisewith common networking protocols such as TCP/IP, LAN, and WAN, and associated routingprotocols.Expertise with multiple Cisco network product lines such as Catalyst switches, ISR Routers, Nexusswitches, ASA Firewalls, and Aironet wireless - Strong attention to detail. Self-motivation. Supervised and trained junior engineers
- Supervised QA vendor engagements.Network monitoring and management system.
Environment: Windows Operating System, IBM Servers, Cisco Routers, AS/400, ERP Systems SAP,PeopleSoft, Oracle. Unix Operating System.