- Adaptable, quick and continuous learner, and dependable Senior Quality Engineer with diverse experience. Reputation for delivering complex projects on time with highest quality.
- Experience in testing of Web services, Client/Server & Web - Based Applications with diverse experience in different domains.
- Strong Expertise in Testing Lifecycle, Project Management and SDLC Methodologies like Waterfall and Agile Methodology.
- Provided Lifecycle management for automated testing on projects including test design; managing test scripts; develop and manage test data; manage the test environment; document / track and close defects.
- Liaise with Developers, Business analysts and Product owners; Participated in Daily Scrum meetings; Participated in backlog grooming meetings & sprint planning meetings; Reviewed user stories; Provided story points.
- Adept at using both manual and automated testing tools to troubleshoot systems, System Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Functional and Regression Testing, End to End Testing and Performance Testing.
- Written test cases using Robot Framework; Converted acceptance criteria into Automated Acceptance Tests; Executed test cases continuously through Continuous Integration Environment configured via Jenkins Jobs.
- Expertise in designing and developing strategic Test plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Scenarios, Reports.
- Experience in Functional Testing, Data Driven Testing, API Testing and Web/HTTP for Web Services /XML /SOAP and RESTFul services using SOAP UI and Para soft SOA test.
- Created test scenarios for complex business use cases involving multiple systems.
- Able to work well with minimal supervision while functioning as a vital team member.
Testing tools: Para Soft SOA test, Robot, Quality Center, SOAPUI.
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux.
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server.
Languages: C, C++, SQL, Java, HTML, XML.
Web Services: SOAP, Web Services, WSDL.
Defect Tracking Tools: Bugzilla, HP - Quality Center, Jira
CASE/GUI Tools: Eclipse, Jenkins, Source Tree, Stash, Confluence, UDeploy.
Confidential, Covington, KY
Sr. QA Engineer/Software Engineer Test Lead
- Collaborated with all stakeholders in the Quality Assurance and Development Groups in every project.
- On boarded off-shore resources and completely trained staff from India to perform quality assurance work; remained the single point of contact between business and off-Shore team.
- Automated entire regression test suite using robot framework and integrated test cases with Jenkins for continuous delivery and reduced test cycle times from days to hours.
- Completed QA testing for all developed user stories and identified areas that needed improvement / has defects.
- Lead a team of 2 - 5 QA resources both onsite and offshore.
- On boarded major business partner to adapt to Agile methodology; delivering quality product on time with ability to make changes immediately.
- Educated product owners on new software’s, i.e. Jira, Stash, and Confluence to easily track team work and status.
- Organized daily Scrum and Retro meetings to provide continuous feedback to increase team efficiencies, maximize learning’s, and solidify best practices.
- Prepared manual test cases, automated test scripts by understanding user stories and their acceptance Criteria.
- Created strategy for testing the applications; Managed test data & assured test data quality; scheduled automated/manual tests; Approved test results; Managed Test systems Environments.
- Created automated test scripts for SOAP/XML & REST based web services using tools like SOAP UI, Parasoft SOA Test.
- Worked on implementing Parasoft virtualization to support API testing for the 3rd party vendor for Email service integration.
- Created automated test scripts for Web apps using Robot Framework.
- Created Jenkins Jobs and executed test cases continuously.
- Identified and logged defects when test fails, if necessary, conducted root cause analysis for the defects for efficient investigation by the development team.
- Automated and parameterized entire web services using Parasoft SOA test; reducing testing cycle time by 90%.
- On boarded four team members from China; coordinating daily work requirements.
- On boarded 40+ source systems to start using web services; accepted across the organization.
Environment: JIRA (Defect Tracking Tool), Java, PARASOFT, Web service Testing (SOAP & REST), SOAP UI, HP ALM, QC 12.2.
Confidential, SLC, UT
- Wrote Test Scenarios, Test cases based on the SDS for Credential Device Manager (CDM), Security Web Administration tool (SWAT) and ID Gate in excel sheet and imported them to Quality Center.
- Gathered and made Test data for different projects like TxnSec (CDM, SWAT) and documented on Share Point.
- Create Automated Scripts using APEX tool.
- Perform Functional, Integration and Regression testing of the FeBSec web sites for Retail, Net Benefits and eWorkplace.
- Handle the tasks of managing test data, developing test scenarios, logging test results in QC and verify bug fixes when returned to QA.
- Attend in the Client meetings and Test Case Review meetings.
- Perform testing in different browsers like Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari.
- Recorded the Test cases using Automation Tool Quick Test Pro for the application and checked the functionality of the application.
- Captured object properties using resource manager and placed it into object repository.
- Exported captured objects to the XML and then deployed them to the APEX as the State/Activities using Apex automation tool.
- Debugged existing State/Activities of APEX in QTP using regular expression.
- Designed test scripts in Expert View and implemented logic using VB Script in QTP.
- Mapped the Customized classes/objects to Standard classes using QTP Object Identification tool.
- Inserted Checkpoints, Synchronization points using QTP.
- Handled exceptions during the execution of test scripts using Recovery Scenario Manger in QTP.
- Utilized Quality Center and Quick Test Pro to write and execute test plans related to the project.
- Work closely with a team to review and develop XML data standards and data standards as well as developed and reviewed data exchange or data sharing models
- Perform API testing for CDM and SWAT.
- Used SoupUI for Web Services Validation. Added Assertions in the script for validation purposes.
- Performed Functional, Regression and Smoke tests on the new enhancements added to the web application.
- Create and Execute Soap UI test scripts.
- Chargeable for incorporating transition from SoupUI to Parasoft SOA Test. Recommending changes in the design of test cases for software application with in a team environment.
- Participated and directed the team working on design, analysis, testing, construction and implementation of new processes.
- Used SOA Test for API testing. Added XML assertor in the script for validation purposes.
- Define and execute roadmap to increase team’s expertise in Web services and portal platforms such as Parasoft SOA Test.
- Extensive use of Tortoise CVS source control for SOA test.
- Created reference environment and test in SOA test to implement the changes in environments easily and quickly.
- Perform responsibilities of developing test scripts by using SOA test tools.
- Responsible for estimating required resource and components for SOA testing.
- Applications/Languages: MS - Excel, Quality Center 10, QTP, Power Point, VM ware, APEX, XML Developer Tool, ID Lab, SOAP UI 4.0.1 and Share point.
Environment: s/Systems: DIT, SIT, UAT, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Mac OS, Windows Vista, Windows 7.
Confidential, SLC, UT
- Interacted with the Product Owners to analyze and review the requirements document and make sure all the requirements are covered by at least one or more stories. Created test cases for the stories.
- Participated in the design, code and walk through meetings with the development and design team members.
- Reviewed the requirements and use case diagrams to write test cases and test plan that would test all possible scenarios.
- Used Rational Quality Manager for Test Management.
- Customizing tools such as Rational Quality Manager and Rational Team Concert to meet the specific needs of the team.
- Leverage Rational Quality Manager (RQM) as a gateway to overall quality assurance activities.
- Rational tool suite integration including Rational Team Concert (RTC).
- Created test sets and documented test cases in the Test Plan to manage the test run process.
- Coordinated with the users, Development teams both onsite/offshore teams
- Performed regression testing to verify all the functionality works after certain builds.
- Handled the tasks of assisting senior SOA testers in developing test strategies and in gathering testing requirements.
- Responsible for updating testing status and preparing testing requirement specifications.
- Assigned the tasks of testing data set-up, testing environment, and reviewing test scripts on a periodic basis.
- Performed other essential job responsibilities under the guidance of senior SOA testers.
- Data Integrity testing on an Oracle Database to validate and test data using TOAD.
- Wrote SQL queries to get valid data from the database for data integrity.
.Environments/Systems: Windows XP, Windows 2000, Linux, Sun Solaris, UNIX, Applications/Languages: MS - Excel, Power Point, VM ware, RTC, RQM, Devonshire Portal, Oracle, J2EE, And TOAD.