- 7 years of experience in the Information Technology Industry as a QA Tester in Manual and Automation Testing.
- Well versed in various forms of testing, including Black Box, Integration, Functional, API, Regression and performance testing.
- Firm knowledge of different phases of Software Testing and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Agile Methodology and Waterfall.
- Strong Expertise in Selenium Web driver, Selenium IDE and HP Unified Functional Testing
- Experience in writing Test Plans, defining Test Cases, developing and maintaining Test scripts, analyzing the results of scripts, interaction with developers in fixing the errors.
- Effective team player with excellent communication skills and has an ability to work in a team as well as in individual environment
- Effectively applied testing knowledge in various phases of STLC such as Requirements Analysis, Effective Test Case Creation, Test Case Execution and Documentation
- Pro - actively introduced Automation Testing method to reduce manual efforts which ultimately helped in delivering project before proposed deadline
- Expertise in analyzing User Requirements, Functional and Technical Specifications.
- Experienced with software development models like Water fall model, VModel, Incremental/Iterative model, RUP, Agile and Scrum
- Worked extensively on User Acceptance testing (UAT), and experienced in verification of Functionality of GUI Applications as well as backend testing of the Application
- Expertise in setting up and carrying out Browser Compatibility testing environment with different browsers and versions of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari on different Operating Systems.
Languages: JAVA, SQL, RUBY
Database: MS SQL sever 2008, MS access, MySQL
Tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Web Driver, Manual Testing, SOAPUI, QTP
Methodologies: V Model, RUP, Agile, Waterfall & Iterative
Frameworks: MAVEN, MVC
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. QA tester
- Implemented and Involved in various phases of QA Life cycle like Test Plan, Test case Design, Test case implementation, Test Execution, Defects/Bug Tracking, and Test Results Reporting.
- Created test scenarios and test cases based on functional documents and User stories.
- Responsible for software QA and analysis, with emphasis on performance testing and functional decomposition of web-based (SOA) and legacy systems architecture.
- Involved maintaining requirements and maintained the traceability matrix between the requirements and Test cases.
- Developed Test Plans by incorporating User Profiles, Configurations, Environments, Risks, Test Scenarios, Schedules and Analysis and Presentation of Results
- Executed SQL queries to verify the database for the relevant test cases.
- Documented the defects in Quality Center and assigned them to relevant developer.
- Created Test Data using SQL, wrote SQL queries for back-end testing.
- Customized Selenium API to suit in testing environment.
- Involved in developing and executing automation Regression testing and System testing using Selenium.
- Developed Data Driven, Keyword Driven and Page Object Model Automation Frameworks using Selenium.
- Involved in using Maven build tools to manage framework dependency jar files.
- Worked in Web services testing using SOAPUI Tool. Validated request and response XML.
- Coordinated User Acceptance Test (UAT) processes and documented and addressed all the issues during the process.
- Interacted with the development configuration and operation's team to ensure the quality of software to user expectations.
- Verified the integration of various components in the application and executed end-to-end testing.
- Participated in Release Review/Requirement Analysis and Design review meetings. Involved in converting Business Requirements into Functional requirements.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. QA tester
- Implemented automation of test cases using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, and Maven
- Successfully created and executed the automation scripts to ensure quality of the software
- Experienced in different types of testing for e.g black box testing, white box testing, grey box testing, functional testing, regression testing, UAT Performance testing.
- Experience in developing Automation Framework using QTP.
- Performed system, unit, performance, load, regression, stress and data interface testing.
- Involved in preparing Deliverable documents such as Impact Analysis, RTM, Checklist, PCR Planning, Test Plan Results and Deliverable Tracking sheets.
- Maintained the Requirement Traceability Matrix between the requirement document and respective test cases for survey management to ensure all requirements were covered.
- Optimized Quick Test Professional (QTP) scripts for Regression testing of the application with various data sources and data types.
- Inserted checkpoints where needed, to compare the current behavior of the application being tested to its behavior in the earlier version using Quick Test Professional (QTP)
- Participated in weekly status meetings with entire testing team and updated each PCR testing status to QA.
- Monitored the Test Execution Progress and Managed the Issues during Test Execution.
- Actively participated in scrum meetings, reviews and developed test scenarios.
- Owned and maintained all the testing documents/deliverables in configuration management tool.
- Attended Daily stand-up meetings. Developed Test Plan and Test cases based on the user stories (Functional requirements).
- Performed data validation testing writing SQL queries in SQL.
- Used Quality Center for creating and documenting Test Plans & Test Cases.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Prepared Test Plan, Test cases based upon Business processes, underwriting Detail and User requirements.
- Attended daily standup meeting, defect status meeting with team members.
- Prepared Test data for the Positive, Negative and Compatible test cases.
- Used Quality Center for tracking, documenting defects and implementing Test Plan, Test cases.
- Conducted Functional testing, GUI testing, Regression testing, End to End integration testing on different applications.
- Worked closely with users, underwriters and developers to ensure application development meets user expectations.
- Ran the jobs to create different cycle dates daily to test applications for different Products.
- Writing and executing Rating scenarios, validating them with the Rating calculators.
- Performed data validation in the mainframe system after the policies have been run through the batch cycle.
- Analyzed Test results on each phase.
- Communicated with development team to resolve the issues, performed regression testing to verify bug fixes.
- Performed System Testing, Integration Testing and Regression Testing.
- Developed SQL Queries to perform database testing.
- Involved in preparing Test Bed Environments for Integration and Regression testing.
- Pro-actively introduced Automation Testing method to reduce manual efforts which ultimately helped in delivering project before proposed deadline
- Responsible for database testing using SQL Queries in MS SQL Server.
- Created Test input requirements and prepared the test data for data driven testing.
- Data validation and Database integrity testing done by executing SQL queries.
- Performed quality assurance reviews on all System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases.