Qa Tester Resume
- 10 years of professional experience in Software Quality Assurance, Manual and Automation testing of Web based, Client - Server
- Experience in different SDLC methodologies - Agile, waterfall
- Experience in working with open source tools Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web driver and Selenium GRID), JUnit, Eclipse and preparation of automation test framework.
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOPS) concepts.
- Extensive Experience in Programming with Core Java including handling exceptions, overloading and overriding with methods and functions.
- Expertise in creating JUnit and TestNG testing frame works.
- Proficient in Web based testing including GUI Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, Database Testing, System Testing, Functional Testing
- Expertise in Test Automation using Selenium Webdriver with JAVA, TestNG - page object oriented framework
- Experience working with QTP - hybrid framework
- Performed Functional, Integration, Regression, End to End and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Strong skills on E2E Database Testing using SQL queries on Oracle
- Experience in implementation of Test Plans, Designing, Developing the Test Procedures and Test cases for the projects developed using GUI Tools, Client/Server and UNIX.
- Effective and efficient communication across cross functional team and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Perform accessibility testing(508 Compliance) using JAWS
- Experience in writing Test Plans, defining Test Cases, developing and maintaining Test scripts, analyzing the results of scripts, interaction with developers in fixing the errors
- Experience in using IBM BPM, Process designer, Process Center for workflow and task management
- Expertise in using test, Defect management tools like JIRA, Quality Centre/ALM
- Experience in multiple domains - Insurance, Health Care, Telecom, Portal applications on both manual and automation testing
Languages: C, JAVA, SQL
Automation Tools: Selenium Webdriver, QTP, TestNG, Cucumber, SoapUI, Jenkins
Query Languages: SQL
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server
Test Management Tools: Quality Center/ALM, Rally, JIRA,TFS
Platforms: Windows, MAC, Unix, Linux
Others: Salesforce, Eclipse, Toad, IBM BPM,TestNG, Process Designer, SQL Developer, SVN, PostMan, SOAP UI, XML, JSON, JAWS
Data Warehousing: Ab Initio CO>Op 2.15, GDE 1.15, Informatica 8.6/8.1/7.1/6.1, Data Stage 8.x
Reporting Tools: OBIEE, Business Objects6.5, XIR3, Cognos 8 Suite
Data Modeling: Star-Schema Modeling, Snowflake-Schema Modeling, Fact and dimension tables, Pivot Tables, Erwin
Testing Tools: Test Director, HP Quality Center, Rational Clear Quest
RDBMS: Oracle 10g/9i/8i/7.x, MS SQL Server 2008, UDB DB2 9.x, Sybase 12.5, Teradata V2R6, MS Access 7.0
Programming: UNIX Shell Scripting, Korn Shell, C Shell, Bourne Shell, Bash, SQL, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, TOAD, C++
Environment: UNIX, MVS, HP-UX, IBM AIX 4.2/4.3, Novell NetWare, Win 3.x/95/98, NT 4.0, Sun-Ultra, Sun-Spark, Sun Classic, and SCO
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Created manual test cases based upon Business Requirement Document, System Requirement Specs, and Architect Design Document.
- Validated report generated on Business Objects using SQL queries in backend.
- Provided input to test schedules or strategies with the QA Lead.
- Executed manual test cases as documented in HP Quality Center.
- Assisted Non-Functional test team in automated test cases as needed, in cooperation with QA Automation personnel.
- Created and Developed Reports and Graphs using ALM.
- Reported and monitored defects in Quality Center and discussed root cause analysis and resolution in defect triage meetings.
- Experienced in writing Excel Macros & Pivot Tables.
- Worked in an AGILE methodology with Scrum.
- Identified, analyzed, and documented problems with program function, output, online screen, or content and identified metrics to measure quality in products and processes.
- Worked extencively on Informatica workflow manager and moniter to execute the ETL flow
- Monitored bug resolution efforts, re-tested and tracked success and failure rates.
- Identified metrics to measure quality in products and processes.
- Involved with the continual improvement of manual and automated test processes to provide improved quality assurance and reduction in testing cycle time.
- Used Inner join, Outer Join, Set operators and Case statements in SQL script
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases to test the Screens and workflows for Quality Assurance.
- Implemented the SDLC for the testing life cycle and followed the Standard process in the application.
- Conducted various Tests like Functional, System, Backend, Integration and Regression Testing.
- Performed Back-End Testing for reusability by writing UNIX Shell Scripts and using QTP.
- Used Quality Center as a Bug Reporting Tool and to track and analyze defects.
- Analyzed test results using reports and graphs generated in Quality Center.
- Developed Traceability Matrix to track requirements during the QA Testing Phase.
- Analyzed business requirements, system requirements, data mapping requirement specifications, and responsible for documenting functional requirements and supplementary requirements in Quality Center 11
- Tested MACROS in Teradata to generate less channel traffic and easy execution of frequently used SQL operations and improves the performance
- Captured meeting decisions and content into Excel based tracking logs
- Created and Developed Reports and Graphs using ALM.
- Queried Teradata Database and validated the data using SQL Assistant.
- Effectively distributed responsibilities, arranged meetings and communicated with team members in all phases of the project
Environment: Quality Center & ALM 11.0, Teradata 13.0, MS Excel, SQL, Business Objects, Informatica 8.6.1/8.1, Files, Agile UNIX, Korn Shell Scripting, Oracle 10G, DB2, TOAD9.7
Confidential, Richmond VA
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordinating testing throughout both systems ODS and EDW which were two different teams.
- Promoted Unix/Data stage application releases from development to QA and to UAT environments
- Used Agile Test Methods to provide rapid feedback to the developers significantly helping them uncover important risks
- Implemented updates for metadata system using Excel and VB macros.
- Handled multiple data related projects using Teradata V2R5, Microsoft Access & Excel
- Experience in Leading the Offsite Project, managing a team of 8 Offshore and Onsite consultants..
- Developed data quality test plans and manually executedETL and BI test cases.
- Involved in data warehouse testing by checking ETL procedures/mappings
- Worked in AGILE Methodology.
- Used Inner and Outer Joins in order to retrieve and validate the Various Transaction Details from multiple tables.
- Designed and kept track of Requirement Traceability Matrix in Quality Center and test cases creation, loading and writing Test Plan and executing Test Cases and printing status report for the team meetings and defect tracking
- Tested reports developed by Business Objects Universes for both Adhoc & Canned Reporting users of Business Objects XI R3
- Daily use of complex Excel formulas and pivot tables to manipulate large datasets
- Tested ad hoc and canned reports for Business objects.
- Testing of Business Objects and Reports which Includes, Database Connectivity, Tested objects in the Universe to ensure the correct mapping of the objects, tested the Universe s Structure to ensure that tables are properly uploaded. Tested the aggregate Universe to ensure the query is pulling correct level of Aggregation.
- Involved in Integrating and Functional System Testing for the entire Data Warehousing Application.
- Performed data analysis and data profiling using SQL and Data stage on various sources systems including Oracle and Teradata
- Strong ability in developing advanced SQL queries to extract, manipulate, and/or calculate information to fulfill data and reporting requirements including identifying the tables and columns from which data is extracted
- Tuned ETL jobs/procedures/scripts, SQL queries, PL/SQL procedures to improve the system performance.
- Involved in Writing Detailed Level Test Documentation for reports and Universe testing.
- Performed the tests in both the FIT, QA and contingency/backup environments
- Performed all aspects of verification, validation including functional, structural, regression, load and system testing
- Extensively used Data stage for extraction, transformation and loading process.
- Involved in developing detailed test plan, test cases and test scripts using Quality Center for Functional and Regression Testing.
- Worked on test data and completed unit testing to check all business rules and requirements are met. Also tested for negative data to check that the job fails on any critical error.
- Tested several data migration application for security, data protection and data corruption during transfer
- Responsible to help testing team on creating test cases to make sure the data originating from source is making into target properly in the right format.
Environment: Quality Center 10.0, SQL, PL/SQL, Business Objects XIR3, IBM Data Stage, MainFrame Flat Files, Agile, COBOL II, MS Excel, UNIX, Korn Shell Scripting, Oracle 10G, DB2, TOAD9.7
Confidential, West Des Moines, IA
- Added new and updated requirements to validate Traceability for Test Scripts.
- Extensively used Application Lifecycle Management 11.0 for Test Plan, Test Requirement, Test Scripts and Test Execution purposes.
- Modified and completed existing or incomplete test scripts for execution.
- Wrote and executed Test Scripts based on Business Requirement Document.
- Communicated daily status of the project with Test Lead.
- Detected Defects, Communicated to the developers using MTM, Microsoft Test Management Tool, Team Foundation Server
- Identified and reported issues and defects into defect tracking system Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Logged defects using ClearQuest and assigned them to appropriate development team.
- Researched, re-tested and re-assigned existing defects, and communicated the issues to developers.
- Exposure to Confidential ’s Loan Origination systems (Apptaker on the Web and Loan Information System- AOW and LIS) for User Acceptance Testing.
- Performed Functional Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Created and tested loans in production environment.
Environment: AOW, LIS, HP ALM 11.0, ClearQuest, Windows 7, Microsoft Office, TFS
Confidential, Dayton, OH
Sr. QA Tester
- Wrote test plan and test cases for User Acceptance Testing and created Requirement Traceability matrix to keep track the changes.
- Performed walkthroughs with Development, BA and UAT team.
- Wrote, Ran and Executed Test Cases based on business requirements.
- Used advanced features of Quick Test Pro Checkpoints to verify that expected information gets displayed in the AUT during the test run.
- Strong working knowledge of Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Microsoft Test Manager (MTM)on Visual Studio Team Foundation (VSTF) in managing product lifecycle.
- Test planning and Reporting done using Quality Center/ALM.
- Performed back-end testing procedures using SQL statements for some online customer interactions.
- Performed Functionality, System, Front end, Negative and Positive testing using Quality Center/ALM.
- Designed and executed manual and automated test cases through Quality Center/ALM.
- Executed the tests to verify the web GUI using Quick Test Pro.
- Produced functional specifications and led weekly meetings with developers and business units to discuss outstanding technical issues and deadlines that had to be met.
- Executed SQL Queries to verify the dataflow from the backend.
- Converted Functional requirements into detailed scenarios and test cases.
- Performed data drive testing to validate the same set of operation with different set of data
- Analyzed portfolio management, investment planning, financial planning, customer support and investment strategy tools and processes
- Developed Test Cases and Scripts for functionality and Regression Testing.
- Involved in configuration testing.
- Used MQC to organize the testing process and to manage and report defects.
Environment: HTML, JSP, Oracle, SQL, Mercury Quality Center, Web Services and Windows 2000, TFS
Confidential, Irvine, CA
Test Automation Engineer
- Plan, maintain Selenium test scripts for multiple projects running in agile-sprint methodology
- Used page object oriented test automation framework using Java, TestNG, Selenium Webdriver
- Create automation test scripts using Oops in Java
- Co-ordinate with vendors on defect resolution, requirement changes with regards to the websites implemented by them
- Co-ordinate with Offshore team on a daily basis - track the status, issues/defects for resolutions based on criticality, capacity issues
- Schedule and attend defect meetings and prioritized the bugs based on the business requirements and client needs as per the project managers
- Perform manual testing on the websites - validate it against the datafile and rest services, and report defects in JIRA, if any
- Prioritize various modules for testing based on the deadlines and the requirement from the project managers
- Prepared and execute SQL scripts for testing various functionalities of the applications
- Mobile testing on IPAD, IPHONE and ANDRIOD
- Cross browser testing using CrossBrowerTesting.com
- Worked as part of an Agile team to solve problems and develop projects in a fast paced environment
Environment: Eclipse, Selenium Webdriver, Java, TestNG, Agile, JIRA, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, IE, Snag IT, Oracle, UNIX, SOAP UI
Confidential, Austin, TX
Sr QA Engineer
- Design test cases for Portal UI and workflow REST/SOAP API’s in JIRA
- Created page object oriented framework using Java, TestNG, Selenium Webdriver
- Created different testNG suites for smoke and regression testing using TestNG groups
- Plan, maintain Selenium test scripts for multiple projects running in agile-sprint methodology
- Create Automation test scripts using Oops in JAVA
- Integrate smoke and regression test scripts into Jenkins
- Participate in Sprint planning, estimations, retrospective and daily standup meetings
- Functional testing on REST API’s using SOAP UI and validate the WebServices using Database, IBM Process Designer and Process portal/center
- Validated the webservices/application data after IBM BPM upgrade/migrate from 7.5 to 8.5
- Perform System testing on the Confidential SMC(Staff Management Center) portal to ensure the quality as per the requirements
- Perform accessibility testing(508 Compliance) using JAWS and few firefox addons
- Use JAWS screen reader to verify if the application is read correctly for all pages and adheres the 508 checklist provided by client
- Report defects in QC and do a IA after every cycle to reduce the regression defects
Environment: Agile, Selenium Webdriver, Java, TestNG, JIRA, SOAP UI 5.0, Internet Explorer 9, SQL Developer, Oracle, XML, JSON, IBM BPM, Process Designer, Process Portal, JAWS, Jenkin
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes