- 6+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance Testing in web based and Client/Server applications.
- Highly knowledgeable in all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and QA Life Cycle.
- Experienced in preparing Test Plan and Test Metrics and reviewing the Test Cases and approving the same.
- Extensively experienced with using Java to develop Test Scripts for performing automation testing.
- Knowledge in testing using Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Expert in both Manual and Automation testing of the applications and writing Training documents.
- Experienced in performing Black box testing, Positive and Negative Testing, GUI, Functional, System, Smoke, Integration, UAT, Regression testing.
- Experienced in developing, troubleshooting and customizing manual as well as Automation scripts using HP ALM/ Quality Center.
- Proficient in maintaining of Test Scripts, Requirements & management of test suites using HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Experienced in preparing the Test Execution reports using the HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Strong Knowledge in using basic SQL Queries to retrieve Data from the Databases.
- Expertise on Automation Testing Tools like UFT/Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Expertise in the Functional and Regression testing of Web applications and its functionalities using UFT/QTP.
- Experienced in developing Descriptive programming for Key - word driven Testing using QTP/ UFT.
- Excellent Team Member with good Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Able to organize and prioritize workload in order to meet necessary deadlines.
SDLC Methodologies: Agile/SCRUM, Waterfall
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux/Unix
Development/Productivity Tools: HP QTP, HP Quality Center, HP Performance Center, HP ALM, HP Quality Center
Database: MS Access, MySQL Server, Oracle, Sybase
Web Technologies: VBScripts, Application server, Web logic, Web Hosting PHP, HTML/DHTML, XML
Protocols: HTTP, TCP/IP, FTP
Confidential, Reston, VA
Role and Responsibilities:
- Interacted with Senior Architects, Managers and the developers for issue resolution for critical business related queries and acting as a liaison between the business and the IT teams.
- Involved in implementing Entrance and Exit Criteria for a variety of tests.
- Involved in preparing Test Data.
- Created different Traceability views to maintain the Traceability of the requirements and Test cases.
- Performed cross browser testing by testing the application compatibility.
- Set up Requirements Traceability Matrix with all the testable Securities scenarios.
- Performed Positive and Negative testing.
- Involved in whole SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) of the application by running Smoke, Functional, Regression, System, Integration, and User acceptance testing.
- Customized HP ALM for Users, Projects, and Applications and created Public Reports.
- Created Groups in HP ALM for customization.
- Wrote scripts in HP ALM for Script Workflow to update field's value in defects.
- Worked with different groups to migrate from Quality Center to ALM.
- Used HP ALM to defect track and resolve production logs.
- Customized tests and test scripts in UFT using VBScript.
- Wrote all the scripts in UFT by calling function files.
- Wrote Scripts by using excel sheets as data table for UFT.
- Involved in Regression testing using UFT scripts after updating the application with new features.
- Trained to QA people to run script by using UFT.
- Developed a Hybrid Framework to automate the system testing using UFT.
- Participated in UAT testing along with users to meet the Release Dates.
- Delivered consistent and sound test strategy and practices for Web, Mobile and backend services
- Gained organizational skills and strong communications skills both written and verbal.
- Participated in projects and performed other duties as assign and prepared and updated procedure manuals.
- Identified Bugs and Prepared Bug Reports.
- Performed parameterization by taking multiple data.
Tools: /Technology Used, HP UFT, HP ALM, VBScript, HTML, XML, DB2, C#, MS project, PHP, CSS, Java, SOAP UI, .NET, Oracle, SQL, Windows, Share point, Outlook, MS Office, MS Excel, UNIX.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Role and Responsibilities:
- Worked with client’s Business, technical and user stakeholders to define issues, and design enhancements in a Business Analyst function.
- Involved in gathering and reviewing the business requirements for each Release.
- Reviewed Business Design Document and Technical Design Document.
- Involved in both Manual and Automated testing of the application.
- Documented all Test results, identified and summarized discrepancies.
- Performed Smoke testing, Functional testing, System testing, Regression testing, Integration testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Tracked and reported bugs and also generated reports using Quality Center.
- Updated the requirements and defect status as per the current status of the testing project using Quality Center.
- Performed database testing by using SQL queries.
- Used QTP for regression testing for automation of multiple modules in the environments.
- Performed Automation of test with extensive VB Scripting for dynamic code in QTP.
- Wrote the functions in Function Libraries and associated the required function libraries to each test using QTP.
- Performed complex integration and regression tests on multiple applications using QTP.
- Developed a Hybrid Automation Framework to perform Functionality and GUI testing using QTP.
- Participated in walkthroughs for the evaluation of the test plan with the QA Lead and development team.
- Made arrangements for functional consultants and other project personnel to execute or supervise testing.
- Responsible for automated Test scripts review meeting.
- Understood the Testing Effort by analyzing the requirements of project.
- Participated in Release Requirement Analysis and Designed review meetings.
Tools: /Technology Used, HP Quality Center (QC), Java, Java Script, .NET, HTML, SQL, Windows, Share Point, Outlook, HP Quick Test Pro (QTP), Oracle, DB2, MS Office, UNIX, Soup UI, XML, CSS, J2EE.
Confidential, Overland Park, KS
Role and Responsibilities:
- Involved in testing of the online web application.
- Created usage scenarios and executed them in order to test a product from a user perspective.
- Performed both manual & automated testing procedures.
- Involved in Requirement Reviews and Design Review.
- Developed comprehensive Test Plans based on system requirements.
- Performed Manual Testing for the EDI transactions.
- Conducted GAP analysis and filling gap according to the format set by HIPAA.
- Created Test Scenarios for claim selection, generate claims and data validations.
- Created different Scenarios for functional testing utilizing Quality Center as per the requirement specifications.
- Responsible for entering and tracking bugs in Quality Center and reporting the defects to the developers for Modification Request.
- Created and executed SQL queries to perform backend testing.
- Involved in automation testing using QTP.
- Developed Data Driven Automation Framework in QTP.
- Involved in executing the QTP Scripts for regression testing.
- Designed, updated and reviewed Test Cases.
- Involved in the review meetings to ensure the QA Project Plan schedules were adhered to and the critical path activities meet the deadlines.
Tools: /Technology Used, Quality Center, QTP, Windows, Linux, Outlook, MS Office, Java, C++, C#, HTML, DHTML, XML, CSS, MS Project, MS Excel.