Qa Automation Engineer Resume
- Over 9 years of successful Quality Assurance experience as an excellent Quality Analyst and QA Tester designing detailed and preparing software test plans, developing and executing test cases, based on Business requirement documentations.
- Strong Knowledge and experience of all phases of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), and QALC (Quality Assurance Life Cycle).
- Experienced in SQA (Software Quality Assurance) including Manual and Automated testing with tools such as Selenium RC/WebDriver/IDE/Grid, HP Quick Test Professional and Junit/TestNG, Load Runner, Quality Center, Jmeter, JIRA, SOAPUI and Version One.
- Expert on Selenium Automation using WebDriver and Server. Heavy programming using Java, Junit, TestNG.
- Proficient in using SoapUI for testingWebServices andused various types ofassertions such as soap fault, Contains, Soap not fault, X - path etc.
- Expert level knowledge in using Restful for testing webservices.
- Expertise in functional testing AUT using Selenium IDE and Selenium WebDriver using JUNIT unit testing framework.
- Expert in writingQTP scripts from scratch by using Descriptive Programming and developing Libraries, Functions in VBScript to build Automation Frameworks.
- Expert in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Hudson for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Experience in Black Box testing, Functional Testing, System testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, Data Driven testing, Back End and Front End testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Experience in applying Testing Methodologies, creating Test Plans, Executing Test Scripts, Automation of Test Cases, Defect Tracking and Report Generation.
- Extensive experience in designing Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts and Test reports of manual and automated tests.
- Experience in Performance Testing of API and Web applications using Silk Performer and Jmeter.
- Expert level knowledge in all modules of Quality Center (Requirements, Test Plan, Test Lab, Dashboard and Defects).
- Demonstrated ability to work on Work Flow Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams, and Data Flow Diagrams.
- Expert in performing different tests types, QA Methodologies: White Box, Black Box, Front-End and Back-End, Stress & Load, Regression, Configuration, Functional, Installation & Integration, Smoke, and User Acceptance Testing
- Experience in bug reporting tools like Clear Quest, BugZilla, and JIRA.
- Well versed in different management scenarios like Change Control, Quality Assurance, Defect Tracking, System Integration, and Task Scheduling.
- Good programming skills in Java, VB, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL and experience in SQL Server, Access and Oracle Databases.
- Proficient in using basic SQL queries to perform back end testing for data integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, WebDriver, Selenium Grid, WebDriverBackedSelenium, Quick Test Pro, JMeter, HP ALM
IDE: Eclipse, IntelliJ, SQL Developer, TOAD
Web Debugging Tool: Firebug, Firepath, XPath, Xpather
Databases: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MS Access
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome
Test Framework: Junit, TestNG
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, BEA's WebLogic, JBoss
Build Tool: Ant, Maven
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Cruise Control
Utility: MS Office
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, Mac
Confidential, Piscataway, NJ
QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in analyzing Business Requirement Documents and Technical Specification document and developed test plan and test cases for testing the application.
- Participated in requirement reviews and analyzed Modification requests and Enhancement requests.
- Tested independent and dependant modules individually. Prepared Test Matrix to keep track of the requirements and the test cases.
- Define, develop, and execute automation test scripts using Java that leverage black and white box testing across functional, non-functional and performance testing.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Jbehave, Cucumber.
- Writing BDD tests in Ubiquitous language, a language structured around the domain model and used by all team members including developers, testers, BAs, etc.
- Building bridges between the technical and nontechnical members of a software team Allows interaction directly with the developers’ code, but written in a language that business stakeholders can understand.
- Extensively used Page Objects design and page navigation framework for readable test script and easy maintenance from developer perspectives.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script. Created Project plan on Jenkins, configured scheduled using Cron job.
- Developed test automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver for regression and performance testing of the various releases of the application.
- Performed manual testing of each build and then regression testing on each builds using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed UI testing and front end testing using Selenium.
- Used Firebug to do web based application testing with selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Worked on Cross Browser testing through Selenium WebDriver by testing the website on different browsers like Chrome, IE and Firefox.
- Involved in Defect logging in HP ALM and follow up with respective functional.
- Used HP ALM for storing the Detail Test Plan and related documents in phases.
- Developed Test Framework in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test automation (Java).
- Done SOA testing for Payments API's using SOAP UI and Java framework for web services testing.
- Developed data driven test scripts to check the same functionality with multiple sets of data.
- Created the tests that have no user interaction as a set and executed them as Batch tests using ANT.
- Used TestNG Annotations in Selenium WebDriver and executed a batch of tests as TestNG suite.
- Performed Assertions like Schema Compliance, XPath and SOAP responses.
- Developed Selenium scripts in TestNG for parameterization using Data Provider annotation.
- Developed user-friendly and flashy XSLTreports using TestNG and ANT.
- Conducted System Testing and User Acceptance Testing for every client and Conducted Backend testing writing extensive SQL queries.
- Checked the data flow through the front end to backend and used SQLqueries, to extract the data from the database.
- Involved in documentation as to how to maintain and run scripts for future enhancements. Responsible for testing the application against different environments in QA, staging and production.
- Analyzed the business requirements, developed test plans and created test cases in Quality center,JIRAa test management tool.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, TestNG, Jenkins, HP ALM, Quality center, SOAPUI, ANT, JSP, Servlets, Struts, Java Script, SQL Server, IE, Firefox, Chrome, WebLogic, Windows, UNIX.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
QA Automation Engineer
- Responsible for preparation of Test cycle/progress reports, analysis of defect metrics & implement improvement actions for next iterations.
- Performed different testing task using various test scripts on Selenium WebDriver and Junit.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, Regression, System and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) in Web and Mainframe application
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Involved in designing and implementing of hybrid automation framework to be used with Selenium WebDriver.
- Converted commercial QTP Scripts to open source Selenium WebDriver scripts to maximize the profits of the company without compromising Quality.
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used Ant for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Designed and executed the Automation Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API and Flash Monkey API to write automation script and run Flex designed site.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP UI.
- Performed Smoke Testing to make sure all the Test Channels and Test Environment is working as desired.
- Responsible creating the functional testing framework using TestNG and using Selenium WebDriver to automate the UI components.
- Used Selenium WebDriver and TestNG to run the parallel testing.
- Used Selenium WebDriver used to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Responsible for fixing and maintaining regression automation test scripts for end to end testing using Selenium WebDriver (using Java).
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAPUI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Involved in Defect logging in HP ALM and follow up with respective functional.
- Setup and execute test cases utilizing QA management tool HP ALM
- Involved manual testing of various test cases with respective test scripts on Selenium and generate analysis report with Quality Center.
- Coordinated for conducting white box testing.
- Data Validation and testing using SQL and PL/SQL with Oracle and Toad also JDBC.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Used BugZilla for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes and update bug status.
- Closely involved with development team, maintenance team and business team regarding changing requirements,builds and releases.
Confidential, Chantily, VA
- Worked closely with developers and other QA members to define test requirements and developed test cases based on the Business requirements and System requirements.
- Documented defects found during the test execution, and kept track of the defects by using Quality Center/ALM, and performed Regression Testing for the defect fixes in each version update
- Responsible for design and development of requirements collected from the customer.
- Prepared test plans to identify test strategies and resource.
- Experienced in writing Test Case (manual/automated test cases), Conducting Integration/Regression testing, Black Box/White Box testing, UAT (User Acceptance Testing)
- Developed Automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium RC and Junit.
- Defined test automation strategy, designed automated tests, created automated test cases, test plans and executed tests using Selenium.
- Responsible for setting up the framework and test environment.
- Developed ANT Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium RC.
- Extensively involved in integrating Selenium RC with existing API to test framework.
- Used Selenium GRID to execute test cases parallel on different target machines.
- Worked on developing the automation scripts for back-end testing using Selenium and executed the Junit tests.
- Involved in executing all Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Involved in System-wide Integration, regression and Load testing.
- Used LoadRunner to regularly test performance life cycles
- Coordinated test results looking for inconsistencies and ways to improve overall companywide performance
- Performed active regression, load, stress, volume and performance testing.
- Worked in Manual and Automated testing of applications onWindows and UNIX/Linux Environment.
- Verified database test results using Toad.
- Clearly documented all the test cases and executing methods and techniques and uploaded all the requirements.
- Worked closely with Business teams and participated in Business Acceptance Testing (BAT).
- Actively participated in status report meetings and interacted with other team members for technical issues.
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MI
- Helped in preparation of test plans in accordance with the business requirements.
- Developed and Executed Automation and Manual test cases for Functional testing of various modules of the application.
- Responsible in executing Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Effectively participated in every day agile scrum stand-up meetings and participated in Iteration planning and retrospective meetings.
- Executed positive and negative scenarios.
- Automated functional scenarios using Selenium IDE and RC.
- Worked on developing the automation scripts for backend testing using Selenium RC.
- Created automated scenarios using Selenium for regression and Data-Driven testing.
- Used SQL queries to perform the back-end testing on Oracle.
- Conducted regression testing after every new build.
- Worked with users on User Acceptance Testing.
- Involved in tracking and reporting defects using QC and was also responsible for communicating the status to the development team.
- Used HP Quality Center to report defects and test results.
Environment: Java, Selenium RC, Selenium IDE, Firebug, SQL, HP Quality Center, Oracle10g and Windows.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Worked with the Recoveries team to analyze portfolio of all the loans granted by the company to determine all the bad loans.
- Worked extensively with the Recoveries team to analyze the bad loans to determine root cause of the problem.
- As a part of the Recoveries group, developed new promotional strategies trying to help out the loan defaulters pay their loans.
- Involved for developing the strategies like no penalties, less interest rate etc. to help recovery from the bad loans.
- Conducted meetings with loan officers and loan defaulters to help mediate the problem and come up with new solutions and recommendation.
- Designed Test cases from Requirements, Functional Specifications and Design Documents.
- Involved in GUI Testing and Functional Testing while testing the screens to view, enter, update, and delete customer information who is defaulter.
- Performed database testing by writing SQL Queries for validating the data.
- Define & implement QA Processes & Standards.
- Used Test Director to write the test cases.
- Used Test Director to create reports and graphs.
- Successful in handling and executing of manual testing.
- Tested the software for peak load with maximum users using LoadRunner.
Environment: Visual Basic, Oracle9i, Windows NT, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes