- Around 8 years of overall experience in IT involving in all phases of software Quality Assurance,
- Expertise in Requirement Analysis, Test Planning & Test Estimation, Test strategy, Test Plan, Test case design, Test execution, Defect management, RTM, RCA, Test Summary report and Test Closure for testing deliverables.
- Expertise in Automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE/RC, Selenium Grid, Java, Jenkins (continuous integration, Regression tests), Maven (Regression tests), Eclipse, Cucumber, TestNG (Regression tests) and JUnit.
- Experience with Purchasing/Receiving, Inventory, POS, Financial Reporting, EDI 3rd party vendor interface integration.
- Expert in all D’s (BDD, ATDD, TDD, OOAD). Experience in working with Selenium Grid/ Sauce labs to specialize on running multiple tests across different browsers, operating systems, and machines in parallel
- Experienced in System, Regression, Sanity, Smoke, End - to-End and backend testing.
- Experienced in Manual Testing, Database Testing and Automation testing.
- Experienced in automation testing by using SoapUI and Selenium Web driver.
- Worked on Web service technologies, including Web Service Description Language (WSDL) and Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP).
- Experienced in testing SOAP and Restful services using SoapUI tool.
- Good working knowledge in writing SQL queries.
- Expert in generating xpath to identify the web elements.
- Experienced in UI and backend testing and also in creating & enhancing automated scripts.
- Experience in developing VB script code for data validations in Excel and excel manipulations.
- Hands on working experience with Test Management Tools - Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and Quality center (QC) and JIRA.
- Experience in Development methodologies like Agile/Scrum, and Waterfall models.
- Assist with the development of QA software for our testing facility
Testing tools: Selenium Web Driver, Quality Centre, UAT, Firebug, QTP, Load Runner, Eclipse, Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), JUnit, Grid, ANT, Wireshark, HP Quality Center
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC, Bug life Cycle
Performance Testing: JMeter, LoadRunner
Artifacts: Test Plan, Test Case, RTM, Test Summary Report, Bug report, User Stories, Backlogs
Databases: Oracle, MS-SQL Server, MySQL, DB2Defect Tracking Tools: HP ALM/Quality Center, TFS, JIRA, Bugzilla
Types of Testing: Manual Testing, UI Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Black Box Testing, Localization Testing and Ad-hoc testing.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, DB2 Mainframe, Mac, Android
Confidential, Chicago, IL
QA Automation tester
- Worked on Soap UI tool for Web service testing, automated the test execution using Groovy scripting in collaboration with SoapUI.
- Developed test automation scripts using Selenium web driver for smoke, functional and regression testing.
- Performed functional and compatibility testing using Selenium on different browsers.
- Automated the Test execution and Regression Testing Using Groovy Script.
- Automated the Regression and Smoke suite By using Selenium WebDriver with Java as a programming language
- Involved in developing the framework from the scratch.
- Used Hybrid which is a combination of both Keyword and Data Driven Framework to extract data from external Excel files using Apache POI and load into the variables in the scripted code.
- Tested the application on various browsers and platforms by using Selenium Grid.
- Developed test automation Artifacts (scripts, functions, scenarios, processes) using Selenium.
- Created .au3 files using AutoIT to interact with the desktop windows to upload files.
- Implemented Selenium Synchronization for Conditional and Un-Conditional waits using Implicit Waits and Explicit Waits
- Experience dealing with Ajax requests in Selenium Web Driver using Synchronization.
- Worked on groovy scripting for saving the input and output XML of SoapUI Request and response.
- Worked on creating groovy script for reading the data from Request and Response, placing the data into Excel file and saving it on just one click.
- Prepare Request and Response XML for all the test scenarios
- Verified the XML message to make sure that the data being sent to customer and product database is valid.
- Data validation of XML Response using the groovy response reader against SQL.
- Understanding Software Requirement Specification and identifying the required Test Scenarios.
- Expertise in Performing Back-End testing by writing SQL queries.
- Executing Test Cases to test the application functionality against the requirements.
- Actively participated in regular daily and weekly project status meetings to discuss the risks involved in ongoing projects with Teammates.
- Involved in the preparation of Master Test plan, Functional test plan and Test summary reports.
- Extensive knowledge of software development process and methodologies.
- Worked on Requirement Analysis, Smoke testing, System testing, and System Integration testing and Regression Testing.
- Developed test automation scripts using Selenium Web driver for Smoke, functional and regression testing.
- Actively communicated with the end users and business users to create realistic test cases.
- Provide test summary documentation and analyze test results, identifying trends and/or root causes of problems.
- Logging defects to JIRA and maintaining the details of defects in SIR an internal bug tracking tool.
- Performs all testing activities for initiatives across one or more assigned projects, utilizing processes, methods, metrics and software that ensure the quality, reliability, systems safety and security.
- Understanding the interfacing applications, test environments, tools and methodologies.
- Test strategy formulation will include decomposing the business and technical requirements into test case scenarios, defining test data requirements, managing test case creation, devising contingencies plans and other preparation activities.
- Development of the test case execution plan, test case execution, managing issues and status metrics.
- Working with a global team and responsible for directing/reviewing the test planning and execution work efforts of an offshore team.
- Communicating effectively with business units, IT Development, Project Management and other support staff on testing timelines, deliverables, status and other information.
- Assisting in the project quality reviews for your assigned applications Assessing risk to the project based on the execution and validation and making appropriate recommendations Ability to interpret quality audits, drive improvements and change, and facilitate test methodology discussions across the business unit.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver 2.0, Quality Center, Java frameworks, SQL Server, PL/SQL, Oracle, UNIX, IE, Jira .
Senior QA Analyst
- Validated all the workflows of AXIOM Controller view.
- Deploying builds into smoke environment and setup configurations on centralized server.
- Developed Test Scripts, Test Cases and Test Data as per business requirements and automated them using Selenium.
- Performed Cross browser compatibility testing on Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers using TestNG. Created automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven (for dependencies) and used Jenkins to execute these scripts periodically. Expertise in grouping of test suites, test cases and test methods for regression and functional testing using TestNG Annotations like Groups, Parameter
- Expertise in using various TestNG Annotations to set priorities to the test cases.
- Performed Selenium Synchronization using Explicit & Implicit waits. Executed test cases relating to mouse event using Actions class to perform required operations. Experience in handling pop-ups and alerts using selenium automation.
- Manage Prod Parallel Testing and assist environment support team in deploying the applications into QA, verified production deployment accuracy and participated in production environment testing.
- Review message specification, instrument data documents for Market Data, Trading and Market Operations per iteration.
- Performed regression testing on Manual scripts using Quality Center (QC). Replaced fixed values with parameters, to check the functionality of the application with multiple sets of data.
- Used Selenium Web driver to test browser compatibility and correct functionality of the website. Developed the automated test script for regression test suite in an application by using Selenium tool.
- Created automation framework using Hybrid model framework and Data Driven framework to test web application. Thorough understanding of POM using page factory. Worked on Selenium WebDriver automation script in Java for cross browser testing. Used testing annotations to group the test methods and for cross browser.
- Involved in Web Application GUI automation creating regression suites using Selenium Web Driver, JUnit/TestNG, and Eclipse. Tested the whole application for Broken Links.
- Tested entry and exit criteria for the application screens and checking their contents. Tested the application for browser compatibility using Internet Explorer (IE), Netscape Navigator. Interacted with developers to resolve application defects.
- Performed Black Box and White Box testing to ensure that the functionality of the application matched with the Business requirements. Developed SQL scripts to perform Backend Testing.
- Executed SQL Queries for testing integrity of data in database (Backend Testing). Reported defects in the application under test (AUT) generated due to the failure of Checkpoints, Error messages, System messages or User messages.
- Tracked defects, which include adding defects, repairing open defects, testing a new build of the application, and analyzed defect data using Quality Center.
Environment: HP Quality Center, Selenium, Windows, Java, Internet Explorer, Netscape, SQL.
Confidential, Seven Corner, VA
Sr QA Tester/QA Lead
- Analyzed Business requirements and Functional Specification documents
- Prepared the Test Strategy, Test Plan and Test Cases based on FSD and BRS docs.
- Worked as a Senior QA Analyst for Test design (Test cases/Test Data generation), defect tracking, Reporting and Reviews of test execution across various middle office applications for different Broker desks supporting fixed income trading.
- Involved in smoke, integration, functional, regression, load, performance and production testing.
- Perform component and feature based testing while developing complex SQL queries for back-end testing.
- Actively involved in setting up a dedicated UAT environment mirroring production environment.
- Done Prod back Sync up and created the Test data for Testing.
- Drive the Defect Triage Call to track defects based on severity and functional area and follow up till closure.
- Prepared test plans as per the business requirements Document (BRD). Reviewed User Requirements, Use Cases and Detailed Designs to develop Test Cases. Performed (UAT) User Acceptance testing exclusively in an agile environment.
- Preparation of Test Plan, Review Test cases and execution phase of the project. Perform Functional testing to check the stability of the Application, Front-end validation, Backend Validation, End to End testing and Regression testing.
- Extensively worked on SQL queries to perform Database Testing.
- Used Quality Center for uploading / Writing the Test Cases and lodging defects
- Used QC for executing test sets, collecting test results, Opening Defects and analyzing the data
- Wrote User-Defined functions using VB Script for code reusable to automate the functional testcases
- Trained Functional testers in QTP and running Scripts
- Having Very good experience in automating the web services
- Proficient use of HP Load runner, ALM and Quality Center to manage the software testing process and also maintenance of ALM
- Prepared UAT test cases and Performed UAT testing
Environment: .Net, Internet Explorer, MS SQL, QTP 10.0, Quality Center, MS Windows. MS Office, Java, Oracle
Confidential, Winston-Salem, NC
Sr. QA Tester
- Create testing artifacts based on inputs from different business, process, and functional teams for Performance testing of our new implementation.
- Tasks include data set-up, draft test cases based on business and system requirements and System test execution, System Integration Test (SIT) execution.
- The test cases and results are documented in Quality Center and SharePoint link.
- Worked closely with Business Analyst, System Analyst, and Developers to understand Requirements and Technical Design documents.
- Attended requirement/design meetings to understand project and testing scope and involved in sprint planning sessions.
- Extensively involved in Interface System testing, Integration, Functional, Regression, Data Integrity, Compatibility, Installation, End to End Testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Extensively used TOAD to verify source data and target data after the successful workflow runs using SQL.
- Validated the Source, Stage and Target (End-to-End) based on the test conditions derived from the business requirements.
- Involved in writing complex SQL queries by comparing data from multiple tables with various filters.
- Conducted the Regression tests after each and every bug fix.
- Worked to minimize risk by identifying, communicating issues/risks in advance
Environment: QC, SQL Server, Windows XP, UNIX, Flat Files, XML files,, TOAD, MS Excel,