- Around 7+ years of experience in IT Industry mainly in performing Manual and Automation Testing in wide variety of projects and environment.
- Experience in automated testing using tools like Selenium WebDriver, HP QTP, and HP QC.
- Exposure to all stages of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and involved in Analysis, Design and Quality Assurance of Web applications.
- Experience in Manual testing, Automation testing, Functional testing, Regression testing and Black Box Testing, White Box Testing and DB testing
- Good understanding and working exposure of Core Java concepts such as Abstraction, Encapsulation, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Collections, JDBC (Java Data Base Connectivity) Programming and Interfaces.
- Experience in developing end to end automation using Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, Junit/TestNG, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber, Web Services (REST, SOAP).
- Experience in Test Plan creation, Test Case Design, Test Case Review, Test Case Execution, Test Scripts based on User Requirements Specification (URS) and System Requirements documents, Testing Tools Usage, Defect management, and in preparing Test reports.
- Excellent experience in the environment involving client - server architecture and web development using technologies like Java, JSP, Spring,JDBC, and XML.
- Experience of working in an automation framework consisting of Selenium, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Bugzilla, Oracle Database (for data-driven test).
- Proficient in documentation of deliverables in testing process (Test Plan, Test Scripts, Test Summary, Defects in HP tools like Quick Test Professional (QTP), Quality center (QC)/ALM & JIRA, Status Reports, and Best practices in Testing).
- Used SQL Queries to validate data that was submitted from GUI.
- Experience in web applications automation testing with TestNG, JUnit, ANT, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid and Selenium IDE.
- Expertise in working with SCRUM (Agile) and Waterfall Methodology.
- Work experience in configuration management/version control system tool GIT, SVN.
- Experience in Data driven testing with different database.
- Excellent knowledge of XML and XML parsers like SAX, DOM.
- Experience in working with the code written in different programming languages Java, HTML, CSS, Java Script and databases like Oracle, SQLServer.
- Experience in setting up jobs in Jenkins and its integration and code checkout from Github to regression report generation with automated testing project.
- Experience in Unix Shell Scripting (Linux-bash, bourne shell scripting).
- Experience in Web services testing using SOAP UI tool and also programming using Java.
- Experience in JIRA for bug tracking and reporting and follow up with development team to verify bug fixes and update bug status.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills with strong analytical mind-set.
Functional Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, ANT, Maven, Cucumber, TestNG, Jenkins, SoapUI, FireBug, FirePath,HP QTP,HP QC.
Defect Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla
Revision Control & Build Tools: SVN, GIT,GITHUB, CVS
Java Frameworks: Spring, Junit, Angular JS
IDEs: Eclipse, NetBeans, Visual Studio
Web Technologies: JDBC, XML, XPath, HTML, CSS, Apache Tomcat
Databases: ORACLE 11g, MS SQL Server 2005/2008, MS Access 2000/2005, AWS cloud.
Operating Systems: Windows XP/Vista/7 and Windows Server 2000, 2003/2008, Linux, UNIX
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Analyzed system requirements and user stories to develop, implement and maintain detailed Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Cases in Confluence wikis for Functional Tests and Integration Tests
- Reviewed positive and negative test cases with product management and development.
- Prepared testing schedule based on development and sprint plans.
- Developed Functional Tests and Integration Tests for a Web Application UI using Selenium 2.0 and TestNG
- Used Java API’s and JDBC to access Oracle 11g database.
- Incorporated OOPS concepts and utilized Java Collection classes extensively to develop test code
- Developed the existing Page Object Model test framework.
- Used Firebug and Firepath to create HTML element locators based on XPath, CSS elements, ID, Name, and more.
- Involved in extensive coding of core java to develop the test scripts using Selenium Web Driver.
- Created tabular data and parameterized test scripts for Data Driven Testing.
- Developed functional and integration tests for RESTful Web Services using SoapUIPro.
- Executed both Manual Tests and Automated Tests for Functional Testing and Integration Testing
- Performed Database Testing using JDBC.
- Analyze requirement and design document to create test plan and test cases for both manual and automated testing for our Cloud Service in AWS.
- Used Maven to automate the build process for web applications testing
- Used Maven to automate and execute SoapUI tests
- Performed Regression Testing and Compatibility Testing using Jenkins
- Verified and debugged Compatibility on different browsers and platforms
- Participated in end to end system setup and carry out end to end system tests.
- Used SQL Queries to access and verify the data from the various Oracle DB repositories
- Tracked open defects, verified, and closed fixed bugs using JIRA.
- Utilized Git to effectively store and manage code
- Attended daily Scrum meetings and provided test progress status as part of the agile process.
- Interacted with the developers for bug fixes and to resolve issues
- Worked closely with developers to understand upcoming features and to product implementation details
- Updated management on testing progress, issues and concerns on weekly basis.
Confidential, Richardson, TX
- Worked on Agile Methodology to meet timelines with quality deliverables.
- Involved in Business Requirements Analysis meeting and worked on Test Plan document.
- Performed both manual and automated tests (using Selenium WebDriver) to conduct functional and regression tests on the application.
- Identified test cases to automate using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG and Java (Eclipse IDE Contributed in the Data Driven framework creation).
- Performed test code review with developers.
- Developed and executed the test scripts with Selenium and Java.
- Performed build acceptance testing and smoke testing using Cucumber automation tool.
- Extensively used Firebug, XPath Checker to identify the XPath location of elements in the webpage.
- Incorporated OOPS concepts and Java Collection classes extensively for development of test codes.
- Attended for all weekly QE status meetings and provided status updates.
- Created test scripts for different test scenarios covering all aspects of project functionality.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Developed Test strategies and Test Cases by reviewing the Software Business Requirements.
- Responsible for writing the System Test Cases, and to map the System Test Cases and Procedures to software requirements in JIRA.
- Automation testing using Selenium Web Driver and TestNG Framework.
- Took part in creation of Test Automation Framework using Page Object Model and Data-driven framework.
- Creating Automation Scripts for the application for the feature using Selenium-Web driver and Cucumber.
- Created re-usable client libraries for test data population.
- Actively involved in Scrum methodology for the project from requirements through the delivery of project.
- Perform Manual testing as well as functional testing, Integration testing, Regression testing and End to End testing of SOAP/REST web services using SOAP UI tool
- Automated execution of SOAP UI tests and Selenium tests using Maven.
- Documented Requirements and Issues in JIRA.
- Performed Smoke testing in Production environment when new code is released to Production.
- Reported and Tracked Defects using Quality Center.
- Moderated Daily Defect Review meetings with Development Team to review the defects raised by QA team and status of the existing / open defects.
Environment: Quality Center 10.0, .Net, Web Services, JIRA, XML, HTML,Cucumber, MS SQL Server, MS IIS Server.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- • Involved in the development of Test plan, Scenarios and Test scripts for manual, automation and performance testing of the various applications.
- • Interacted with Business Analysts on regular basis to understand the Business Requirements.
- • Developed automated scripts for Automated Regression Testing using Selenium RC.
- • Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application's GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium RC.
- • Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application's GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium.
- • Designed High Level Test Cases or Scenarios that map back to High Level Requirements and Use Cases.
- • Developed scripts for all manual Test cases using Junit.
- • Exported HTML Test case to Test Suite and then run on other browsers using Selenium RC.
- • Performed UI testing, Database testing after reviewing the story cards and database diagram.
- • Performed Web Services testing and Validated XML request/response data using SOAP UI.
- • Tested SOAP-based Web Services for enrolling customers, getting insurance information, creating claims
- • Performed Regression Testing of different modules automated in SOAP UI.
- • Performed Back-End Testing, database table manipulations of relational database systems by writing complex SQL queries manually.
- • Involved in testing the database and data validation using SQL Queries.
- • Reported the Coverage status of test performed on the daily/weekly basis.
Environment: Java, Selenium RC, Junit, Quality Center, SOAP UI, HTML, XML, XPATH, SQL, Oracle, Windows XP.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Wrote test cases based on the requirements document.
- Performed automated testing using Selenium RC, Java, and TestNG on various applications like Enrollment, Billing and claim Management.
- Wrote test cases for the application and discussed with the team to identify the P1, P2, and P3 test cases.
- Participated in reviews of Test Scenarios to ensure the requirement coverage.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium RC on different module of corporate web site.
- Responsible for Performance testing Java & .Net application.
- Responsible for performing sanity testing of new builds.
- Participated in automating the regressions test cases.
Software Automation Engineer
- Involved in Understanding the Functional Requirements of the Application.
- Agile Methodology was followed for implementation of this Project.
- Attending iteration demos and executed test cases on the story cards
- Discuss with SA with the requirements and changing functionalities on the stories.
- Preparing the Super Class, Common function libraries, Datapools according to the Automation test Cases.
- Using Base URL to Run Test Cases in Different web Browsers in Selenium.
- Web Driver for writing automated tests of websites in Selenium
- Identifying various Test Data scenarios and collecting the user test data for different test regions (Dev, Acceptance and QA) from Mainframe system before the execution starts.
- Documentation of UAT Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Definition and preparation of UAT Test Data.
- Conducting the follow-up meetings with project & Support team to go through the bottlenecks.
- Used Rational Clear Quest as defect tracking tool and creating the defects in Clear Quest for the bottlenecks identified through Peak Test.
- Creating the Re-Usable Components for Automation test Cases.
- Integrate the Selenium Automation test Cases to Clear Case VOB.
- Developed and executed SQL queries for testing database integrity and for data analysis using Selenium.
- Web services testing by SOAP UI tool.
- Responsible for attending the Daily meeting regarding the status of the Application on Daily basis.
Environment: Java, Eclipse, Clear Quest, TestNG, QTP and HP Quality Center.
- Developing Reports using HTML, CSS & JSP.
- Involved into writing Server & Client side validations.
- Involved in core java technologies multithreading, exception handling.
- Worked on coding of Core Java, Servlets and JSP.
- Developing JNI Classes for Connect to Native Languages
- Responsible for Generating Obfuscated Code for Existing Project.
- Developing Tag Libraries for Enhancement of components.
- Developing the user interfaces and getting the User acceptance
- Developing the Utility libraries for logging mechanism, Database Pool creation for the project.
- Developed web applications using the SPRING framework for the View component for the front end HTML and DHTML pages and customized templates and tags.
- Involved in preparation of System Use Cases (SUC’s) and Unit Test Speciation (UTS).
Environment: JAVA, Core Java Servlets JSP, spring, Java Multithreading, HTML, CSS, Java Script