To seek the position of a Sr. QA Analyst
- Confidential is a SR QA Analyst with over 10 + years of hands on experience in the field of Quality Assurance, Testing, System Analysis, and support activities using Quality Center. He has excellent skills in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Over ten years of experience in Requirement Analysis, Use Case Design, Test Planning, Test Strategy, Test Case Preparation, Test Case Execution, Defect Reporting and Documentation.
- Over ten years of experience in testing Web based and Client/Server Applications.
- Over ten years of experience in Integration, System, Functional, Regression, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Performance and Security Testing.
- Involved in developing Test Plans, writing Test - Scripts and Test Cases Execution, build Reports and track Defects.
- Expertise in Manual Functional testing of Web applications and Client
- Server applications.
- Unit (Whitebox) and System (Blackbox) testing
- API testing knowledge using SOAPUI
- Good knowledge of Test Plans and Test cases
- Defect tracking using Quality Center, JIRA and Rational Clear Quest.
- Working knowledge of PL-SQL, QTP, UTF and Load Runner.
- Good knowledge of Quality Assurance, Business Analysis, Database
- Management and Research Information.
- Self-starter with ability to adapt and learn new things quickly.
- Excellent Communication and Documentation Skills.
- Good Process Management and organizing skills with remarkable ability in gathering requirements to bring out quality products.
- Knowledge of SDLC processes like Waterfall and Agile
- Extensive usage of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
Operating Systems: Windows 95, 98, 2000, XP Professional, LINUX.
Database: SQL Server, DB2, Oracle.
Languages: SQL, html
Testing Applications: HP ALM (various versions), JIRA Defect Management ToolQuick Test Pro, Selenium, Win Runner, Load Runner, Rational Clear Quest, SOAPUI 3.0.1.
Software Applications: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.
Others: IE Explorer 11.0, Firefox, Citrix, MS Visio
Confidential, Columbia, SC
Sr. Systems Lead Test Analyst
- Participated in gathering, reviewing and walkthrough of Requirements with the Project team and provided usability feedback.
- Participated in Static review of the design and Requirements documents before starting the test planning.
- Worked as a member of a team that was formed to come up with deciding the testing strategies and resource allotment for a number of projects, on the lines of a TCOE (Testing Center of Excellence)
- Assisted Manager in assessing individual test tasks and coordinating work with other QA Engineers, Tracking progress, and compiling results on a daily basis.
- Reported CR (Change Request) details to developers, assisted QA
- Management in assessing severity, and worked closely with developers to investigate root cause, and to thoroughly verify fixes.
- As a Lead Tester, prepared detailed Functional Test Plans and testing schedules for Desktop applications, Web based applications, Mobile Applications and ACD/VRU(Automatic Call Detection/Voice Response Unit).
- Executed manual test cases on IPAD, Android and iPhone from Quality Center
- Designed and executed manual test cases in HP ALM v12.2 and created Test Automation Framework for automated test scripts in QTP/UTF.
- Performed Functional testing including Positive and Negative Testing and manual regression testing of the Desktop and Web applications on different browsers, using HP ALM v12.2 as well as SQL queries for retrieving test data and validation.
- Performed Functional and Regression Testing for GUI validation, screen flow and layouts, data validations and full Coverage of requirements
- Executed automated test scripts using Selenium.
- Tested APIs using SOAPUI.
- Performed End to End testing of Commercial, Tricare and Technology
- Support Center Desktops which included the integration of CTI
- (Computer Telephony Integration)
- Performed back-end testing of the data on Mainframe to validate the data displayed by the front end application, using the CICS screens
- Wrote and executed SQL queries to create test data
- Worked on different efforts in Agile Methodology during the last 3 years.
- Validated the code deployment in all the testing environments, viz.System, QA and also in Production environment.
- Performed daily testing/defect tracking in JIRA and HP ALM v12.2
- Prepared and Delivered the testing reports on a daily basis to the project team.
- Interacted with Developers and Business Analysts in resolving showstoppers (S1 issues).
- Conducted weekly status meetings with the Business and Development teams to ensure that testing covers all areas of the application.
- Triaged the defects reported during User Acceptance Testing by the
- Customers before assigning the same to the development team for fixing
- Conducted periodical Defect meetings with Customer testers during the entire testing phase.
Environment: s: Java Servlets, Web Applications, DB2, LINUX, Mainframe, IE, Firefox, Citrix, QTP, UTF, SOAP UI, MS Visio, ACD/VRU (Voice Response Unit)
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
QA Manual Lead Tester
- Analyzed written requirements, use cases, architecture, and design artifacts to create test plans and test approach documentation.
- Wrote system and integration test cases using Test Director (also known as Quality Center).
- Utilized Test Director for creating Traceability Matrix.
- Implemented the testing schedule during the whole process of Integrated
- System Testing phase.
- Performed Functional, Integration, Positive and Negative testing.
- Led a team of 3 testers in doing the System Integration Testing of a
- Borrower Module and Investment Banking Module .
- Reported the bugs to the development team
- Conducted regular meetings with project team consisting of Business
- Systems Analyst, developer and Project Lead to discuss the list of defects.
- Validated latest changes deployed to production.
- Utilized SQL for Back-end testing.
- Triaged defect reported the client team before assigning them to the development team.
- Assisted in weekly status calls with U AT testing teams in tracking and resolving defects during IST and UAT phases of testing.
- Ensured that all possible defects were removed from the product, in both software and documentation, before it reached the customer.
- Verified data flows and connectivity between different components, which are part of the overall project architecture.
- Verified data flows between components and interfaces based on transaction flow diagrams.
- Used standard procedure and Template for execution of test cases.
Environment: Windows 95/98/2000, SQL, DB2, Quality Center, Rational Clear Quest