- Technology expert with over ten years of experience diagnosing and resolving computer software and hardware issues in a high - paced corporate environment.
- Detailed experience with all processes of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experienced in determining what to optimize for an aggressive schedule without violating the integrity of a test and planning multiple levels of testing for a product’s release.
- Experienced in the analysis of client’s needs; able to sort out the essentials of any assignment, define overall project requirements and achieve goals.
- Thorough, astute and results-oriented. Self-directed; able to prioritize projects, set schedules and deadlines.
- Outstanding written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen effectively, respond appropriately, and maintain mutual comfort level while relating to a diverse group of individuals.
Offering skills: Java, SQL, HTML, CSS, XML, Visual Basic script, ping tracking, automated and manual testing, automated test script creation and maintenance, defect finding and tracking, test methodologies, test plan and test case creation, Functional, regression, load, soak, 508 compliance, performance testing, Software-as-a-service (SaaS), SQA process, Software Development Lifecycle, Oracle E-business Suite, Selenium, Maven, Oracle Database, Oracle Weblogic, Oracle Application Test Suite (OATS), Agile/SCRUM and Waterfall methodologies.
Well-versed in the following software: Perforce, ReadyAPI, SoapUI, Wireshark, Selenium, LoadRunner, Jira, Rational Team Concert, Eclipse, IntelliJ, Visual Studio, Oracle Server, MySQL, SQL Server, Microsoft Test Manager, Confidential Automation Technologies (Automated Testing Framework), Etrack (Defect Tracking software), Auto Task (Automation Tools), VMWare Workstation, VirtualBox, Toro Test (Test case and Test Suite Repository), IntelliJ, Eclipse, SpringSource, Net Beans, Firebug, WAVE, JAWS.
Operating Systems & Browsers: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OSX, and DOS. Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome
Additional Software: Microsoft Office Suite Professional including Access, Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, DevTrack, Cisco VPN, Adobe Suite with Dreamweaver, Flash, and Fireworks, and Photoshop.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Senior QA Engineer
- Using AGILE and standard QA methodology, created, maintained, and documented quality assurance efforts and standards.
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Heavily involved in manual and automated hands-on testing of REST API's used both internally and externally, primarily for government software projects for the Center for Disease Control.
- Presented multiple technical proposals to clients with a 100% acceptance rate.
- Created QA Automation framework from scratch for functional UI testing, as well as Web Services testing via ReadyAPI.
- Served as lead tester for multiple projects, including mobile, front end web applications, and web services and API testing.
- Perform various functional, sprint, and regression testing of Web Services using Data Source, Data Source Loop, JDBC and Property Transfer features of SOAPUI.
- Perform Back End Testing by writing and executing SQL queries for data verification.
Confidential, Charleston, SC
Senior QA Engineer
- Supported the Veterans Benefits Management System (VBMS) program that includes Service Oriented Architecture (SOA/Web Services), user interface, communications, database and security software development. Followed an agile development lifecycle to rapidly deliver solutions and employs scrum teams equipped with current state of the art technologies, processes and development environments.
- Owned and lead testing for a product/product line, including test strategy development, identifying risks, determining road for automated testing.
- Performed design, testing, and documentation of software/systems test plans and procedures for component, integration, system, acceptance and regression testing. Evaluated software testing-related documents prepared during the development process to ensure accuracy, readability, and completeness.
- Trained, mentored, and lead team of QA Engineers and Analysts.
- Owned the role of an Automation Engineer by designing, developing and executing automation framework and automated scripts using Java within Selenium (Web driver). Maintained and enhanced the framework and automated test scripts for regression, product, and integrated testing efforts.
- Manually executed complex test plans with an understanding of how to build new coverage into the existing Automation test suite.
Confidential, Charleston, SC
Senior Automated Test Engineer
- Design, develop, and execute reusable and maintainable automated test scripts for functional testing of Oracle EBS application. Use existing resources/knowledge to add, modify, or enhance previously recorded automated scripts while working on projects for the Marine Corps.
- Lead project testing activities. Conducted a complete assessment of teams, processes and environment; defined issues and risks; and oversaw the design and introduction of tools, processes and best practices across testing life cycle to improve throughput, communication and on-time delivery of projects in an Agile development environment.
- Analyzed tools and software to give recommendations and reports for project-wide use.
- Decomposed requirements for use in web services, performance, and load testing.
- Planning process evaluation, design, development and maintenance of test scripts using a framework for new applications and enhancements, existing applications throughout SDLC.
- Produced reports and documentation for testing efforts, results, activities, data, status and tracking.
- Used software development languages and test tools for manual and automated test planning and creation.
- Took an active part in creation, maintenance and management of the project based documentation throughout various stages of SDLC, including but not limited to functional requirements, automation and manual test plans; data and functionality driven automation scenarios.
- Gap Analysis of application design and Oracle RICE objects, between Oracle 11 and Oracle 12.1.1, compiling details of required Unit tests.
- Development of project’s Master Test Plan and Test Process, leveraging Agile Scrum methodology. Analysis of GCSS-MC requirements and GCSS-MC training in preparation for test case and script development.
Confidential, Culver City, CA
Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
- Wrote and executed test scripts for complex and broadly used product capabilities and components for testing award winning Norton Anti-Virus software.
- Analyzed and entered the defects found into the Confidential defect tracking system.
- Worked with developers to help troubleshoot defects. Sets up, performs, and understands performance and persistence tests. Identifies, analyzes, and communicates issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge, proficiency, and practical application of SQA concepts, methods, and tools.
- Identified gaps and deficiencies in existing test plans, scripts, and cases, and effectively extends test plans where necessary.
- Tracked metrics and generated reports using first party tools.
- Identified areas for automation and process improvement. Created automated test scripts using internal framework software.
- Lead, mentored and trained local testers. Worked closely with team developers and offshore team of testers and resources.
Confidential, North Hollywood, CA
Quality Assurance Web Analyst
- Extensive testing of software as well as Internet web guides, e-commerce sites, Internet services, and additional web content and applications.
- Responsible for reporting functionality of all internet applications, including Flash, Shockwave, and Java applications.
- Escalated awareness of critical commerce threatening issues to production team.
- Created and documented quality assurance test plans for migration to publishing platform.
- Ran broken link reporting software and investigated resolutions of found issues.
- Documented all phases of the QA process as well as creating test conditions.
- Worked with development group and QA Leads to manage the product development and QA process to ensure timely delivery of a quality product.
Confidential, Playa Vista, CA
Embedded Quality Assurance Software Tester
- Extensive testing of software on the web, PCs, and video game consoles on numerous AAA titles. Decomposed requirements into test conditions and cases.
- Responsible for business critical, complex, and highly integrated software systems that were internally developed in a fast-paced development environment.
- Designed detailed test plans and scenarios, edited design documents and manuals, and tested internet message boards and company websites.
- Identified and reported bugs and incidents using the DevTrack and DevTest database systems, checklist sweeping, and system maintenance.
- Researched and information gathering in the format of screenshots, videos, logs, excel sheets, as well as database input and management.
- Assisted development group and lead small teams of testers with bug finding, researching, and write up procedures.
- Performed Black Box testing and some embedded (white box) testing with a focus on game play and balancing issues as well as compatibility testing with platforms, processors, video cards and sound cards.
Confidential, Santa Monica, CA
Quality Assurance Tester
- Extensive testing of video game software on both PCs and video game consoles on multiple AAA titles. Compatibility testing with platforms, processors, video cards and sound cards.
- Bug and incident write up using the DevTrack database system, checklist sweeping, and system maintenance.
- Research and information gathering in the format of screenshots, logs, and viewpos data.
- Performed standard QA process during the lifecycle of projects and all PAL versions.